• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

wouwie

Played for about an hour and a half and cleared about 40 or so panels and for the first time i'm stuck :)

Anyhow, love the game so far.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I feel like I know the solution to this, I just can't get it working?
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...920/9321C728D16A6400570616CE4F4026FB6E4650D3/

(Link because I don't want to post a huge ass image here, even if in a spoiler)

Am I right in assuming that I have to
somehow get to the light on the orange thing, and navigate it up?
If so, how do I do that?
I just can't get them the way I think they need to be

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...920/9321C728D16A6400570616CE4F4026FB6E4650D3/

If so, how do I do that?

The light is tricking you - it's actually to the side of where it's supposed to be.

Not having music is also a musical choice which is something you appear to be incapable of understanding.

LMAO. Ok.

TOO GOOD!

wwuHhJA.gif

Question about a type of puzzle:

How do I complete the one where there is only a blue line but there is a yellow dot? There also appears to be invisible walls sometimes but it is random?

Catvoca

Banned
I've only found 2 audio logs so far but they've been really interesting. That and the statues are making me wonder what in the hell The Witness is actually about. I'm looking forward to reading articles explaining the themes that are probably going over my head.

Question about a type of puzzle:

How do I complete the one where there is only a blue line but there is a yellow dot? There also appears to be invisible walls sometimes but it is random?

Look at the other puzzles you have completed in that set. Pay attention to how they change visually over time.]

TSM

Heads up, there is a patch on steam which I didn't notice until I alt tabbed. I'm not sure what it does, but it's probably wise to install it.

Freeman76

the shapes don't technically have to connect to the tetrino. The 4 vertical is on the left hand side.

I got stuck on this and gave up for the night. Where does it tell you about what you pointed out? I missed that tutorial and it makes those puzzles impossible. As amazing as this is, it pisses me off when the rules are changed for obscurities sake.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This puzzle. What the fuck. I can't even. Just tell me, is there a trick to it?
http://i.imgur.com/ImrBDaU.jpg

And this.
http://i.imgur.com/UyRHDYH.jpg
I've tried literally every possible thing.

First one - step outside and have another look

Second one -no idea, I'm stuck there too. Although someone did just mention that
the Tetris pieces don't need to connect to the symbol, so the L shape could be higher up for instance.
. Might revisit that now.

If so, how do I do that?

That's where I stuck, too. I really can't figure out the solution.

GlamFM

Banned
Artistically this is one of the best looking games of all times.

The diversity on this small island is just amazing.

Played it for 4 hrs and my mind is blown.

WHAT A GAME.

You realize why it´s 40$ pretty quickly.
Production values are THROUGH THE ROOF.

Can´t believe what this small team was able to pull off.

Wow.

WOW!

Nibel

the shapes don't technically have to connect to the tetrino. The 4 vertical is on the left hand side.

Mhmm I know I can combine both of the L ones but that doesn't seem to help

Did you finish the tutorial panels before going over the bridge thing? I got stuck on the second set and I think they might help understand those shapes - eg I couldnt do the second panel
3 dots in an L shape, plus 1 dot

Yeah I did finish those, and was stuck at the same panel as you, lol. I think you have wrap them all together

cyba89

I got stuck on this and gave up for the night. Where does it tell you about what you pointed out? I missed that tutorial and it makes those puzzles impossible. As amazing as this is, it pisses me off when the rules are changed for obscurities sake.

Rules are not changed. This is hinted at in the tutorial for the
tetrimos
before the bridge.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I just started and maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but there's no way this isn't some sort of puzzle
OLhXTRr.jpg
...right hehe?

edit: got it...

Nothus

I just solved the one you are stuck on (it had me for a while too).
All you need to know is that you can arrange those tetris pieces in any way you want, so long as the shape they collectively make includes the squares with the little pictures on. The tutorial as you cross the bridge shows you this, but I admit it wasn't in a very obvious way.

Freeman76

Mhmm I know I can combine both of the L ones but that doesn't seem to help

Yeah I did finish those, and was stuck at the same panel as you, lol. I think you have wrap them all together

Im stuck on the same one as you, it makes no sense according to the rules we were taught on the bridge. Blow fucking with us, moving the goalposts.

Dinjooh

After seeing some of the glowing reviews, I was considering picking this game up for my wife and I.

I was curious if anyone knew how 2-player friendly this game is? I would likely use controller while my wife helps solve puzzles. Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

Nicko

Played the game for around 12 hours today with my wife, with only short breaks to make dinner and we're having a blast. It really helps being two to talk things over when you see them. Also if your wife is like mine, this game is very nice to those who aren't that good with controllers yet.

Dineren

Banned
I couldn't resist and ended up installing it at work. Got past the first section and took a real quick tour of the island. I really like the presentation of this game, I can't wait until I get home and can explore it properly.

iiicon

Here's a puzzle I'm stuck on. It's in the castle, third puzzle beyond the hedges, and it involves Tetriminos.

I just found the Tetriminos tutorial so maybe I haven't fully grasped this yet, but can anyone explain why this solution won't work?

Yeah, the more I play the more the $40 price makes sense. Also figured out how to see panels solved, 139!

I just found the Tetriminos tutorial so maybe I haven't fully grasped this yet, but can anyone explain why this solution won't work?
I found it and I am still stumped by the later puzzles.

Ragona

Hmm sorry incase this has been discussed before, but how long does this game take to be more or less beaten? Iam really interested to try it, but the 50 hours I read of in a random review is abit too much for me currently - if true.

Anymore non-spoilery impressions? What do you guys think?

Sounds like some of you are playing the hell out of this within just one day.

Any fans of Talos/Fez/Portal feel like they know how they rank Witness in comparison?

kAmui-

Did you finish the tutorial panels before going over the bridge thing? I got stuck on the second set and I think they might help understand those shapes - eg I couldnt do the second panel
3 dots in an L shape, plus 1 dot

Any tips on the first tutorial panel? I thought I understood the mechanics and had the correct answer for it but nope.

Nibel

Here's a puzzle I'm stuck on. It's in the castle, third puzzle beyond the hedges, and it involves Tetriminos.

Well the lower Tetrimino has 4 blocks yet you wrapped your line around 5

Auctopus

Make use of the wooden boards between the stepping plates.

The bottom one I figured out.

Have you finished that whole area? A bit after that there's a puzzle I'm stuck at in that area.

It's the one where
one of the tiles has a two columns of two yellow dots, with a gap in between the two columns. I don't understand what it means and have tried all kinds of possible solutions that seem like they should have worked.

Freeman76

I just solved the one you are stuck on (it had me for a while too).
All you need to know is that you can arrange those tetris pieces in any way you want, so long as the shape they collectively make includes the squares with the little pictures on. The tutorial as you cross the bridge shows you this, but I admit it wasn't in a very obvious way.

Yeah i missed that, all i got from the tutorial was you need to make those shapes. Will try again tomorrow, thanks!

Top Bottom