• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Same issue as me,
flipping the left side horizontal and/or vertical
doesn't help either.

Anyone has a hint?

It's almost a completely different path than the one you walked through on the side with the light-up mazes - treat this like a normal puzzle. It was a bit annoying, to be honest.

I cannot wrap my brain around what you mean.
I feel so dumb! The 'symbol' has to be included within the shape you are making? Or that is totally wrong?

Eh, sorry, I'm explaining poorly too. I'll try to whip up a image soon.

83 puzzles in an hour of play time and I'm finally stuck
In the desert ruins where you raise and lower the water, the reflection for the third panel is escaping me

I think you stand directly behind the puzzle as the water's rising.

Which one you on? That's the room I'm stuck in

For yours I guessed the last column but I think you can stand on the scaffolding near the exit to get another angle.

KraytarJ

What does the
little white symbol of three lines coming together in the middle mean? I'm doing the tutorial in the warehouse by where you get the boat and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

I'm just a couple of hours in and holy crap. There are some neat "aha!" moments in the game if you go in cold. I just hope it can hold my interest throughout the rest of the game. Currently stuck near the beginning on some gate that has a puzzle with a plate running through it.

Qblivion

I need a hint for the 4th
hedge maze. the one where the board doesn't match up with the maze.

I noticed that
one of the hedges has a rounded end, but i'm not sure what that means.

Stiler

Man this game is driving me insane.

Like I get past a few areas that seem straightforward and now I'm running into brick walls and hitting my head against them trying to figure out the point of some of these puzzles I'm coming across.

Like some with "L" shape blocks in them, or one that's literally just one color puzzle with no color or any kind of code to follow, just a bunch of squares and somehow you are supposed to know what the puzzle is meant to be.

Had to take a break for bit, totally pulling my hair out.

I did that one. You can see the reflection, but only about 3/4 of it will show. You'll have to guess at the last bit, but it's not hard to guess it. Also, what stumped me was the way it reflects. Remember to pay attention to where the starting circle is in the reflection so you're not tracing it the wrong way.
I've tried that man. For like the last 45 minutes
Edit: if you can take a picture of it and upload it I will send you 1 million dollars....in monopoly money

What does the
little white symbol of three lines coming together in the middle mean? I'm doing the tutorial in the warehouse by where you get the boat and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Notice how the panel beeps 'wrong' as you solve it, only to be corrected? That's the three lines.

I need a hint for the 4th
hedge maze. the one where the board doesn't match up with the maze.

I noticed that
one of the hedges has a rounded end, but i'm not sure what that means.

You have the right idea - the board mostly doesn't match up with the maze.

Going to take a break. The bamboo area is taking its toll and I only solved about 15 panels in this last hour, haha. Still have a lot of places that I wish to explore, though, before going up the mountain.

Anyone have a solution for the last puzzle on the color elevator? The solution that takes you to the very top?
Someone pls help with
color elevator

You mean
when you're already on the outside again? If so, it's straight forward. If you're talking about the broken cable, go to the highest floor you can, then look at the ceiling. Try to think what the colors you have on the panel will look like when subjected to that light

Oni3298

Anyone have a solution for the last puzzle on the color elevator? The solution that takes you to the very top?

Nvm got it as soon as I typed the question.... Funny how that works -_-

I can't keep up with this thread - just managed to get a couple of hours in.

First I wandered around and ended up in the
Shady Trees
area and pretty much beat it directly. Then I went next door to the
Keep
and now I'm still exploring there.

I love the stuff they put into the
Keep
. Classic puzzle game ambiance.

mf.luder

This final,
sloooooowly rotating panel in the
desert is killing me.
I can only get the glare on the very bottom of it, and can't even tell what I'm supposed to be drawing.

This is the most frustrating puzzle so far.

Wait until the panel gets all the way to one end. Hit the button and then run up to the top of the surrounding structure. Once the panel gets to roughly midway the glare will reveal the pattern.

Fletcher

Has anyone done these tree house
walk way puzzles?
there is one with a
4x4 grid. Four black squares in upper left corner and four white in upper right with one lone black sun in the bottom right hand corner.
what the fuck do I do!? It's driving me insane. I feel I've tried every possible separation.

Has anyone done these tree house
walk way puzzles?
there is one with a
4x4 grid. Four black squares in upper left corner and four white in upper right with one lone black sun in the bottom right hand corner.
what the fuck do I do!? It's driving me insane. I feel I've tried every possible separation.

This one's pretty tricky
It's probably the last step in telling you how stars and squares differ. A star needs to always be in a group of 2 (and no more) with something of the same color, but it doesn't need to be separated from other pairs of stars/squares, no matter the color. You'll have to make two sections with black squares.

Also, oh my god, I'm laughing my ass off now. Finishing the third puzzle in the Bamboo Forest and the fourth
literally has a telephone ring to make it hard to get the sequence <333

mf.luder

You need to lower the water all the way down. This reflection (majority of it) appears when the water is low. Keep raising and lowering to keep putting the reflection together.

You need to be on the opposite side of the room, looking at it, and strafing until you find the glare. Need to pay attention that the pattern is a reflection. This makes it very tricky.

The tail end of it can be spotted from the nearby corner. I forget exactly what the water level should be. Contact me if you need more help.

Grexeno

You mean
when you're already on the outside again? If so, it's straight forward. If you're talking about the broken cable, go to the highest floor you can, then look at the ceiling. Try to think what the colors you have on the panel will look like when subjected to that light
I cannot do color subtraction in my head.

Is there a way to tell how many panels you've completed or are all y'all just counting as you go along?
Your save file tells you. 169 done.
Saw how to beat
Fall Forest
final puzzle and was inspired. Got all of them and figured it out myself.
Not looking forward to Swamp, bleck.

jett

D-Member
Damn it I'm megastuck in the "color room", I'm right near the end of that area.
I just don't know how to get to the absolute top to activate the laser. The puzzle doesn't seem to be solvable. Any hints?

I can't go back down tho without having to do every puzzle again.

You don't need to do them in order.
If you got the last one you can memorize it and jump straight back to it, and you only need to get one wrong to go back to the start.

Yeah, I got that. Only I tried both approaches in many different ways but nothing.

Go for half and half. Once you reach the middle with one rule you change to the other

Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction for the
hedge mazes?

I got one by pure luck. Not asking for the solution, I just don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing here

So hypothetically if I found a piece of paper with something on it, is there a way to pick it up or should i just take a screenshot of it? I've tried every button

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't go back down tho without having to do every puzzle again.

Error out the puzzle and it'll reset to the bottom.

Damn it I'm megastuck in the "color room", I'm right near the end of that area.
I just don't know how to get to the absolute top to activate the laser. The puzzle doesn't seem to be solvable. Any hints?

The very very end?
Like you're outside already? That one acutally plays it straight and is just a normal seperation line puzzle.

Whew, I think(?) I finished the Desert puzzle. It just keeps going!
It's a great moment when you realize the mechanic though. And lastly, hiding a puzzle underneath the elevator, sneaky...

G-Bus

Banned
Got a few hours in. Found a
boat
, that was un expected. Helped a bit with figuring out certain puzzles oddly enough.

Was doing a set of puzzles when you move
two lines at the same time that are different colors. Halfway through a set of them one color has faded like there isn't enough power and I can't complete it. You can see the color getting fainter as you do more of the puzzle set
. so confused about this.

Loving it so far. Hoping for some cool suprises.

rezn0r

So hypothetically if I found a piece of paper with something on it, is there a way to pick it up or should i just take a screenshot of it? I've tried every button

I took a picture with my phone of my monitor. It paid off a little while later. Now my Google account has an album titled 'The Witness'.

Sai-kun

Banned
I need some tips for the Quarry area:

I don't understand the upside-down Y looking objects, or how they affect the pathing I'm supposed to follow on the puzzles. Could someone give me a few tips as to how I should be interpreting the Y's?

Also, how do I actually pick up
audio logs? Apparently I went right by one but I didn't see it nor did I see any way to interact with it

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction for the
hedge mazes?

I got one by pure luck. Not asking for the solution, I just don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing here

Which one did you do by pure luck? The one after the hedge maze full of fences?

dakini

Is there an area where you learn the
tetris-looking
mechanic for solving puzzles? Or do you just figure it out on your own?

Top Bottom