• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

I've got a £30 GAME voucher to use and it's a toss up for some PSN credit between this and Life is Strange.......

If it helps, Life is Strange is a really bad game. It does some stuff really well but the gameplay is shit, like, shit enough in places that it's factually shit and not just my opinion.

Freeman76

Yeah, tetris puzzles are definitely my weak point so far. Each feels like a huge struggle. I have a lot of trouble wrapping my head around the various possibilities.

I was the same, gradually it becomes clear if you study them or make a grid and draw it out. I thought i had them until i managed to drain some water and go under the swamp, the rules change again and i cannot figure out what the blue blocks are supposed to represent lol. Off i go to another part of the island in search of clues.

Wozzer

147 puzzles deep, with six puzzles I've benched for 'come back later'. Having a blast and thinking of it when away from my machine.

bmFyQRS.jpg

Also is the perfect compliment to me picking up a 1440p IPS 144hz Gsync monitor last week. Absolutely stunning; I hope they patch in downsampling and let me knock up the shadow quality at some point though.

I can not seem to finish one of the shadow tree puzzles. It seems to be virtually impossible because aligning the shadows of the rusty wall onto the puzzle just does not give me the option to escape from the branches. Jesus.

ced

So something I just figured out in regards to tutorials I think, also has to do with traversal.

When you find the boat and look on the map I think it gives you an idea of where the tutorial puzzles are by their symbol.

I decided to go back closer to the beginning to the tree puzzles and I'm stumped at the second tree part.

its when I'm looking through the second tree cutout to the puzzle past it. I see what general direction it wants me to complete the puzzle but there's about 4 different ways of doing it. Which is the right way??

Edit: Nmv. Kinda just guessed it. Still not too sure why it was that way

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Can somebody confirm to me if I understand how the
Tetris
things work, cause I'm not sure if I got that right

1.They have to be in the form shown, not rotatet. There are some tilted ones later on, I asume those can be rotated? Doesn't matter now though.
2. More than one can be in one form , as long as both fit in in their regular form.
Right?

Cause I've been starring at this thing and have no idea what to do.
http://i.imgur.com/AV10ydq.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Tetris

1.They have to be in the form shown, not rotatet. There are some tilted ones later on, I asume those can be rotated? Doesn't matter now though.
2. More than one can be in one form , as long as both fit in in their regular form.
Right?

1 is wrong.

seb

Banned
I'm absolutely convinced there is a puzzle to be completed there. I've run around the entire island, I'm always checking but nothing so far but I'm convinced of it, especially after all the other ones you can find.

Same here. There is something, I can almost see it at times. Have you noticed the (related spoiler)
dead trees that align perfectly with clouds
? I have screenshoted at least 2 occurences apart from the obvious one at the beginning.

Tetris

Right?

More or less and
the tetris shape does not have to be surrounded by that shape
it can be surrounded by another tetris shape...

*Splinter

I'm pretty sure that's not it, I've done that with other doors but this one doesn't seem to work the same way.

I've completed the three panels that give access to the
zen garden
, from the tree temple.
I've also completed the blue door that leads to a cave with a
hexagon puzzle clue
in it, in the bamboo forest.
I'm talking about the door between those two;
I don't see any tree or shadow or anything that could block out part of the panel to reveal a path...
Yeah that's the one I was thinking of ;) Have another go, but here is the solution:
from the puzzle (so you are facing the temple) just walk backwards up the path behind you and slightly to the right until it's almost blocks by the rocks on either side. You'll notice as you get close that they have very jagged edges

Woodchipper

The way this game fucks with me is not cool no more. For example,
the bird song puzzle. I thought I had figured it out, and then it doesn't make sense all of a sudden. Same deal with the tetris puzzles really, and pretty much every other kind. Well, they do kinda make sense I guess, but they go from tutorial to Stephen Hawking difficulty in a hurry.

Brashnir

1 is wrong.

1 is right in my experience. When they're
straight and not tilted, they have to be done in that orientation. They don't, however, necessarily have to touch "correctly." i.e. the entire formation must touch the square in question, but each exact block doesn't necessarily have to touch its own square.

rezn0r

This is blowing my mind.

Haha I was stuck at that part last night and called it quits. Went and played some Iron Banana in Destiny. I came back right before bed and figured it out and felt exactly like that. Two minutes later I'm stuck again. Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

blAAAm

Banned
spent 3 hours playing when i got home last night, I had no idea i had been playing that long. This game is perfect IMO, all the puzzles are unique, there are secrets hidden all over. You never spend a lot of time on the same kind of puzzle to have it bore you. Looking forward to playing this game for a long time, this is a great change of pace from what i am used to playing.

jett

D-Member
Resorted to using photoshop for one of the puzzles in the temple with the big-ass tree. That sure simplified shit.

Any tips for solving the diamond shaped puzzle by the entrance to the tree temple? It looks like the puzzles in that area but it has a black square on one side and a white square on the other.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think I finally got those puzzle.
I also think I will hate each and every one of them.
My brain does not function like that

Haha I was stuck at that part last night and called it quits. Went and played some Iron Banana in Destiny. I came back right before bed and figured it out and felt exactly like that. Two minutes later I'm stuck again. Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

I think I'm stuck in the exact same spot lol, like 2 panel puzzles later. I went back and explored somewhere else

about the puzzle:

But, just thinking of putting the tetris pieces different orders was just crazy. Takes your preconceived notions about it and throws it out the window

CorySchmitz

Guys, I'm dying here. It's a single t
tetris block
on an empty, perfectly lined grid. Across from the windmill, the first of like 5 panels. What am I not seeing?
I've tried outlining a t block and completing it about 100 different ways.

I'm super-stuck on this one too... Feel like I've tried everything 😭

PBY

Banned
Can you solve puzzles with symbols you've not seen before?

Man... I just feel like I'm playing this game "wrong"

Can you solve puzzles with symbols you've not seen before?

Man... I just feel like I'm playing this game "wrong"

You can, you just need to find a tutorial panel somewhere else that shows you the most basic form of that puzzle and shows you how you can complete it.

I don't think there's a wrong way of playing this except maybe listening to linkin park in the background and using a video walkthrough for most of the game.

I mean, you basically have it....you just have to move more. There isn't really a hint to give. You have the right idea you just have to find that magical spot on the roof to line it up perfectly.

Fuck me, I'm going insane here. Just tried it again for 10 minutes and nope, can't get it right. I swear, this is way more frustrating than any of the 140 actual puzzles I've solved so far.

PBY

Banned
You can, you just need to find a tutorial panel somewhere else that shows you the most basic form of that puzzle and shows you how you can complete it.

I don't think there's a wrong way of playing this except maybe listening to linkin park in the background and using a video walkthrough for most of the game.

Word, okay.

I actually am listening to music - without spoilers if there are any, outside of like doors opening, are their puzzles that rely on audio cues?

Top Bottom