• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
about the tetris pieces in swamp,
how does the rotation work? I can only rotate clockwise once or what? or if the symbol is tilted like that can I rotate any way?
https://flic.kr/p/CZRixg that doesn't work.
https://flic.kr/p/CAQEcs I cant figure out a way to have both pieces look like this.And the broken lines means I can't use those in the shape?

In your first image
you can rotate but you can't flip. That current solution has a piece flipped

In the second image
I agree its a bit confusing because of one of the tutorial puzzles but you can have shapes cross broken lines (if I recall)

Demption

Ah, I see. That one was one of the hardest of bunch I have to say.

I'll give you a hint. If you want more i'll hear you.

You need to start with the most right dot. The most obvious choice would have been the middle.

Yeah i've tried that one also for a long time, more tips would be nice.

D'oh. I'm going to have to wait until I can get a crosshair overlay working or they patch something in for the motion sickness.

Want to play so much but I can't for any decent length of time.

If I sit 1 foot closer to my television, I get motion sickness. As it stands it's perfect. You probably need to move farther back. I know that can be annoying with a PC, but try it anyway.

hughesta

Banned
Swamp area -
swamps are destroying my puny brain. Feel like I'm missing something very obvious regarding these tetris pieces, I can't make it past the first sets after the moving bridge across that red stream

KodaRuss

All of the spoiler tags are really exciting me. I have this and Soma next to play after I finished Tales from Borderlands (pretty good) last night.

Looking forward to the puzzles and mystery.

Ambitious

I don't know it it's a bug or if I'm simply misunderstanding something, but one of the panels which I hadn't yet solved was already relaying power using the cables. When I solved it, nothing seemed to happen.

Talka

Currently at
~270 panels
and just finished
my 7th laser
and now
I've opened up the mountain section... looks pretty hard! The puzzle just to gain entry took me like 20 minutes

Gonna stop here for now. Already ruined my productivity for the day...

G-Bus

Banned
The tree fort is wrecking my shit. I'll get stuck, figure it out, do a few more. It's east! Then bam, changes everything on you. Fml.

Said screw that and went back and finished the symmetry one. One laser on! Yay.

Now dealing with the apple and again. Goes smoothly and then they change the rules on you.

Love this game. Even have the wife giving me some help.

jtar86

I'm stuck on the last shadow puzzle. It doesn't seem to use what I've learned over the course of solving the other puzzles or maybe I'm missing something.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Finished the game with
panels +24 solved. The last few puzzles were crazy good. Blow is a mad genius for creating this stuff. Extremly satisfying when you figure it out. I'm glad I managed to solve everything on my own.
There is still so much to explore on this island. I at least want to actvate all the remaining lasers. Going for all the secrets is probably overkill.

Also I really recommend to not ask for too much help in here. You're stealing yourself from an experience that is incredibly rare in gaming.

As I said a page or two back, there's far far more going on than people realize. Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, of course. Some people that had early access 1-2 weeks are just now discovering some super rad stuff...

Ansatz

I'm on +4 solved now, but those aren't hard at all once I realized the concept. They can't be the real meta, there must be some other deeper layer of mystery beneath these.

I feel like an idiot with how I solved the lift puzzle in the greenhouse.
I worked out what the colours would be in white light and then what they'd look like under green light by using the filters around the building because I've not looked at how additive light works in a decade and I don't want to look up anything on Google for the game. This whole process took me some time when I should have just looked at the differences between the colours in blue and cyan light and completed it in less than a minute God damnit.

cilonen

If I sit 1 foot closer to my television, I get motion sickness. As it stands it's perfect. You probably need to move farther back. I know that can be annoying with a PC, but try it anyway.

Will do. I'm playing about 4ft away from a 29" curved 21:9 Samsung and I have the game set to run at the monitor's native resolution so I'll shuffle back a bit further.

NIN90

Is there really no way to increase the right analog stick's sensitivity on PC? Jacking up the mouse sensitivity really only does that- making the mouse faster.

Auctopus

I've hit my first proper brick wall. The shadow puzzles in the trees. The clue on the iron makes no sense.

I get the idea of the puzzles, this one just makes no sense. It's like a hook that doesn't fit anywhere.

Just got through the swamp

giphy.gif

louiedog

D'oh. I'm going to have to wait until I can get a crosshair overlay working or they patch something in for the motion sickness.

Want to play so much but I can't for any decent length of time.

Changing the FOV helped me a lot.

I rarely have problems with it, but both this and Talos required me to up the FOV to be comfortable.

Yesterday it was bad, but I played like two hours after changing the FOV to 60 and had no issue after.

instructions here

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How often does the game save? Is there any way to check my progress (e.g. number of solved puzzles)?

No, there is no way to check how many puzzles you have completed.

scan the last few pages, it is asked all the time

go to load game from the menu, it says there

Can I get a hint with a puzzle type?
I'm a bit confused what pattern to follow with mazes. I did one in the castle and got stuck but moved on. Now I'm in the town and trying to drop the ladder by the room of blue pillars.

No matter what I try I can't seem to find any discernable pattern.

The tree fort is wrecking my shit. I'll get stuck, figure it out, do a few more. It's east! Then bam, changes everything on you. Fml.

Said screw that and went back and finished the symmetry one. One laser on! Yay.

Now dealing with the apple and again. Goes smoothly and then they change the rules on you.

Love this game. Even have the wife giving me some help.

The rules didn't change. Vague explanation of the last orchard panel:
The environment changed sometime after the construction of the puzzle.

More specific:
Compare the panel to the tree.

Answer:
The branch that had the apple on it was broken off after the panel representing that tree was constructed.

Auctopus

I'm a bit confused what pattern to follow with mazes. I did one in the castle and got stuck but moved on. Now I'm in the town and trying to drop the ladder by the room of blue pillars.

Pay attention to the surroundings, the season and the sounds.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

The town one was annoying. Map it out on paper and trace what you think might be the correct route. Then you might need to wiggle it just a little bit,as that one seems a bit...wrong.

zsynqx

Literally everything. I honestly can't explain because literally every rule initially set up has immediately been broken. You'll have to provide me with the entire ruleset.

That's the thing, you probably never understood the rules to begin with. The inititial tutorial may have made you believe the puzzle worked one way, when in fact there was actually more depth to it. The rules never changed.

Well my mrs has had to just go lay down! Gutting. She doesn't believe it could be a game making her sick, but after what ive read in here. She says she feels really sick and is scared she is going to be sick. absolutely gutting. Now I'm feeling queezy because shes said it!

I wanna play so bad but this hurts

Dad

The bunker was just nonstop "Aha!" moments. Felt so good. Bunker and marsh done now, time to wander aimlessly some more

hughesta

Banned
Getting insanely frustrated at these early swamp puzzles. I was able to get the very
first tutorial
set down pretty easy, but these ones in the red panels are destroying me. Got the very first one, but the second one
same puzzle with less spaces
has turned me into a hollow shell of a man. Any advice?

Anyone know what the explanation is behind those "flashlight" puzzles? The one's with the green, red symbols and the one triangle.

I seem to luck my way out of situations like these without understanding what I actually need to do.

cyba89

For anyone struggling at the tetrimon puzzles I really recommend to do it with pen+paper. This helped me immensly on these swamp puzzles,

Top Bottom