• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Kinyou

My Predicted Schedule:
Oct 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.1
Nov 13- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.1
Dec 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.2
Jan 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.2
Feb 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.3
Mar 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.3
Apr 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.4
May 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.4
June 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.5
July 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.5
Man, that would be so good. November isn't over yet, Get on it Telltale ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Is it true that you can't turn off the "Whoever will remember this" stuff in Fables?
Yeah, so far no way to turn it off. I hope they'll patch it in.

NeoGiff

So where is episode 2? It has been almost two months which was the longest we ever had between Walking Dead episodes.

I've been wondering this too. Also, isn't the first episode of TWD Season 2 supposed to be released soon? It'd be quite strange if they were released in the same month (December).

I've been wondering this too. Also, isn't the first episode of TWD Season 2 supposed to be released soon? It'd be quite strange if they were released in the same month (December).

I have this horrible feeling them being stretched across two things might cause a longer release schedule for both.

NeoGiff

Just saw that last night, Adam Harrington (Bigby's VA) uploaded this on his Facebook page.

QUhyvft4qx.jpg

Doesn't tell us much, but at least it's something, although the off-centre text and quality might suggest that he simply shopped it himself in order to maintain the hype.

Mononoke

Banned
So I am big fan of this dev and the game looks very interesting. Is it worth it so far? I am looking to add to my backlog.

I like it more than The Walking Dead. But it all comes down to genre. I love the Wolf Among Us's genre. So good. It does suck having to wait for the next episode(s), but that's kind of the deal you get into with these.

So, is it worth it? Well IMO it is. But then again, I don't know how the rest of the story/game will play out.

Sorian

Banned
Searched the thread intending to necro-bump it to see if anyone has heard any news. Disappointed to find that there is a "tease" from the voice actor that is probably just there to maintain hype levels and not much else. Come on Telltale! I need my fables.

Kinyou

I think on Steam TWD 2 is still scheduled for December. And yeah, I also doubt that they'll release both in the same month :/

So I am playing this game thanks to the STEAM sale and I was wondering if there is a way to deselect the warning signs every time something important happened like "X person would remember your answer".
I deselected "show click-able items" but these warning sign are still appearing, If I remember correctly, deselecting click-able items in TWD would disable both but not in this game, any option I am missing out? I don't want to be notified of how important my answer just was.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I am playing this game thanks to the STEAM sale and I was wondering if there is a way to deselect the warning signs every time something important happened like "X person would remember your answer".
I deselected "show click-able items" but these warning sign are still appearing, If I remember correctly, deselecting click-able items in TWD would disable both but not in this game, any option I am missing out? I don't want to be notified of how important my answer just was.

I remember this discussion on a Scoops and the Wolf or Giant Bomb podcast, they had the same reaction as you. As far as I remember there's no way to remove that text.

I remember this discussion on a Scoops and the Wolf or Giant Bomb podcast, they had the same reaction as you. As far as I remember there's no way to remove that text.

Oh well, weird they nailed it for TWD and don't give us the same option for the TWAU, I guess I'll just try not to look at that corner.

Morzak

Already on sale lol before the second episode is even out. Yeah I think I will stop buying Teltalle games day one.

Uhm it's autumn sale what did you expect, nearly everything gets discounted during it, if you don't need a game instantly, never buy it especially not if the next big sale is 1-2 months away.

So Played the first episode and it gripped me, as opposed to the TWD where I liked the start and then lost interest pretty quickly, will probably give TWD another try but the Fables setting is just great and I like the characters until now.

Now can someone start to create real adventures with those production values........?

Lime

Should I read the comics before playing this game? Only in terms of whether or not the game ruins the experience of reading the supposedly superior graphics novel?

The steam sale has me tempted, just worried it'll have similar issues with this game that I had with Walking Dead.

Have Telltale addressed if they corrected the save game issues in the engine that Walking Dead had? Also, are the steam versions of their game more reliable for downloading new episodes? I ran into a bunch of problems with my copy of Walking Dead I bought from the Telltale store whenever a new episode was released. It felt like I had to spend 2 hours of tinkering just to get the episode downloading/working.

Just finished the first episode, really enjoyed it. Such a interesting world, looking forward to episode two. Hopefully isn't too long till it shows up!

Have Telltale addressed if they corrected the save game issues in the engine that Walking Dead had? Also, are the steam versions of their game more reliable for downloading new episodes? I ran into a bunch of problems with my copy of Walking Dead I bought from the Telltale store whenever a new episode was released. It felt like I had to spend 2 hours of tinkering just to get the episode downloading/working.

Telltale never addressed the issue when it was an ongoing problem while the episodes of TWD season 1 were releasing, so it's unlikely they would do so afterwards. Since only one episode of Wolf has come out so far, we have no idea if the save game problems will continue. However, given that the PC controller bug from TWD remained in Wolf and Telltale's general lack of support for their games, I'd put good odds on them not having done anything to fix the issue.

So episode 1 is now available on iOS, but still no update on episode 2? Feels like waiting between episodes of season 1 of the walking dead all over again.

eXistor

Telltale are the worst in releaseing these things. Do they start work on them after they release an episode or what?

Sciz

Not sure how they handled TWD, but Telltale's pretty much always had a longer than usual gap between the first two episodes of a series compared to the rest. Just a quirk of their development scheduling.

Telltale are the worst in releaseing these things. Do they start work on them after they release an episode or what?

There's a lot of preproduction that goes on before the first episode ever releases, and then they've got the next few in various stages of development across different departments.

bmdubya

Neo Member
Not sure how they handled TWD, but Telltale's pretty much always had a longer than usual gap between the first two episodes of a series compared to the rest. Just a quirk of their development scheduling.

Also doesn't help that Season 2 of TWD is supposed to come out this month. Is Telltale big enough to support two games like this?

Sciz

Also doesn't help that Season 2 of TWD is supposed to come out this month. Is Telltale big enough to support two games like this?

I don't remember that they've ever released two series simultaneously before, no, although AFAIK they've had one in preproduction while another's in full production since Sam & Max Season 2. Presumably they've been hiring.

Sloane

Banned
Telltale is huge and the games are probably done by entirely different teams so it shouldn't matter, I hope. But, yeah, the wait is getting ridiculous, shouldn't have released episode one in the first place when the second one was still so far off.

Should I read the comics before playing this game? Only in terms of whether or not the game ruins the experience of reading the supposedly superior graphics novel?

I'm tempted to say reading the comics really enhance the game's story, if only for the manner the first episode ends.

You won't see it coming, believe me.
You will be screaming and scratching at your screen like the rest of us.

Roto13

Telltale is huge and the games are probably done by entirely different teams so it shouldn't matter, I hope. But, yeah, the wait is getting ridiculous, shouldn't have released episode one in the first place when the second one was still so far off.

It hasn't been two months yet. Keep your pants on.

thefil

Picked this up in the Steam sale and loved episode 1. I'm not sure it will have the emotional punch of The Walking Dead, but that had a lot of inherent advantages from a premise standpoint - end of the world, criminal background, surrogate father relationship, etc. But like many, zombies do nothing for me whereas a world of Fables I find an interesting premise.

I am definitely super interested in the mystery. So sad about
Snow
!

It's interesting to see Telltale tackle such serious material after demonstrating their lighthearted abilities with stuff like Sam & Max S3.

To echo the sentiment above, I'd really like to see them tackle their own thing. I've played almost all their stuff (excluding W&G, JP, BttF) and think they deserve the chance. I would also love something from them that is just in a real world setting with no fantastic elements.

Sloane

Banned
It hasn't been two months yet. Keep your pants on.
Even two months is a bit too much for two hours of gameplay, I don't even remember what happened in episode one anymore.

I know, it's been like this before, and I could just wait until the entire season is released but I don't really get why Telltale hasn't figured out a proper release schedule (and the communication of such a schedule) at this point.

They are not a small developer anymore, they don't need the money from the first episode to develop the second, and The Wolf Among Us has been in development for, what, almost three years?

I love their games (well, at least TWD and TWAU) but this is a bit annoying.

Just finished the first episode after having gotten it while it was on sale on Steam.

Loved it!

My only gripe would be that my looking at the achievements in the menu spoiled the ending to the episode. [Episode spoilers]
"A Light Snowfall"? Come on now, as soon as I saw that, red flags went up that they were going to off Snow White. Especially after that cab ride with her and Bigsby which just felt like every conversation you had with Carly in TWD before they offed her. The misdirection at the end with Beast looking all concerned at the apartments didn't throw me off either. So I was pretty pissed when I finished the episode because Snow White seemed like a cool character that could have some nice development but also I wish they'd just black out the achievements until you unlock them.

That whole thing just felt way too much like the shock aspect of Cary's death in TWD, which in a way made it not shocking. It just felt to me they were being really heavy handed with foreshadowing Snow White being in danger.

But having never read the comics and now having skimmed this thread and some wikis,
it seems likely Snow White isn't really dead, which is good, so long as she comes back in the course of the next several episodes so she can have some further presence in the game. If she does come back, that would actually be refreshing after TWD, where dead is dead. Its nice to have a different universe where they can muck around with different rules. So I guess in this case, bringing her back would be subverting the whole sort of Carly/Doug shock kill, which would be welcomed

Top Bottom