• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

JoeBoy101

Even my wife (who was watching me play) was making fun of it, like when I touched an object she'd say something like "The elevator button will remember you pushed it." So she wasn't helping!

Do you mean the 'choice' messages or the object highlighting? Because I'm pretty sure I saw the option in the settings to remove object highlighting.

Incidentally, just got this and fucking loved it. A stronger start for me than TWD was, and I dig zombies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Do you mean the 'choice' messages or the object highlighting? Because I'm pretty sure I saw the option in the settings to remove object highlighting.

Incidentally, just got this and fucking loved it. A stronger start for me than TWD was, and I dig zombies.

Stronger start, sure...but I am not feeling any real attachment to any of the characters. We'll see by the end of this season but I have a feeling it won't resonate anywhere near as strong as TWD did with me.

Haunted

Stronger start, sure...but I am not feeling any real attachment to any of the characters. We'll see by the end of this season but I have a feeling it won't resonate anywhere near as strong as TWD did with me.
I think that's just in the nature of the premise of the two stories.

Haven't played it yet but was going to ask if based on ep 1 people are expecting this to be as good as TWD.

JoeBoy101

Haven't played it yet but was going to ask if based on ep 1 people are expecting this to be as good as TWD.

Yes. I could see the argument that the characters might not be as strong as TWD, but the story and setting is more interesting and the 'gameplay' elements are better. In the case of the story, it is alot better.

Obviously this is based on one ep, but I'm not regretting my purchase in the slightest and eagerly waiting for ep 2.

It started off stronger than TWD and that's really all we can say at this point.

Yes. I could see the argument that the characters might not be as strong as TWD, but the story and setting is more interesting and the 'gameplay' elements are better. In the case of the story, it is alot better.

Obviously this is based on one ep, but I'm not regretting my purchase in the slightest and eagerly waiting for ep 2.

Thanks guys, that's really encouraging.

Heimbeck

Banned

I think it could go either way.

I would say that episode 1 of this and of The Walking Dead are equal, but then the first episode of The Walking Dead was easily the worst, it depends what happens from here.

But I would buy it, fun 2 hours with this first episode.

Just got this game, played it in one sitting of course. Great, that's all I can say really. I enjoyed this episode much more than any Walking Dead ones, but that's really because of the setting, I find this one much more interesting. Goddamn, can't wait to replay it and then jump onto the second episode. Get it done quickly, pleaase, Telltale!

Cheska

I love that so many people appear to be enjoying this!! It'd be interesting to see how many of you started reading Fables as a result.

Roto13

I love that so many people appear to be enjoying this!! It'd be interesting to see how many of you started reading Fables as a result.

I started reading Fables before playing the game. :p

I got up to number 50 and decided to take a little break. I should get back to it.

Roto13

I started reading Fables and it's pretty baaaad. The game does the whole thing a lot better.

I stopped reading after the first story because the first story was incredibly stupid.

I went back to it after a few months, though, and it basically got progressively better from there.

li bur

Finished the game a week ago. The intro was amazing but that makes me
saw the ending of ep1 coming

I really wish that
halbeard isn't the main villain
because that would be really lame.

Now waiting cautiously for ep2.

Sojgat

Played this today and loved it.

Enjoyed this single episode more than the entire first season of The Walking Dead.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hadn't even heard of this game till I saw it on the PSN Store last night. Just did a quick look at Metacritic and the average was quite favourable. And here I am just checking out the OT. Some positive posts here, looks like I will be checking this out as I loved TWD but I might wait for the retail disc. I'll think about it as see if I will cave or be patient. :)

Cheska

I started reading Fables before playing the game. :p

I got up to number 50 and decided to take a little break. I should get back to it.

They officially announced that it's ending with issues 150 :(

I started reading Fables and it's pretty baaaad. The game does the whole thing a lot better.

It definitely picks up later on, and it may actually make you appreciate the game in a whole new light.

Roto13

They officially announced that it's ending with issues 150 :(

I'm actually ok with that. :p I prefer for the comics I read to have endings. The only ongoing series I really read is The Walking Dead.

And that's still 15 months away anyway.

During Walking Dead there were usually two months between each episode. So it will probably be around Christmas when we see Bigby again :/

My Predicted Schedule:
Oct 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.1
Nov 13- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.1
Dec 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.2
Jan 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.2
Feb 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.3
Mar 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.3
Apr 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.4
May 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.4
June 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.5
July 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.5

Roto13

My Predicted Schedule:
Oct 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.1
Nov 13- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.1
Dec 13- The Wolf Among Us Ep.2
Jan 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.2
Feb 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.3
Mar 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.3
Apr 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.4
May 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.4
June 14- The Wolf Among Us Ep.5
July 14- The Walking Dead S2 Ep.5

This would be great but I'm not counting on it.

I don't think the first Walking Dead episode will be out until December. But I could very well be wrong.

Sorian

Banned
This would be great but I'm not counting on it.

I don't think the first Walking Dead episode will be out until December. But I could very well be wrong.

Telltale seems pretty on their stuff lately. They say Walking Dead will be out by Xmas but I think that is just to give them leeway incase of any lasting bugs or otehr breaks that are discovered before it ships, I'd bet money on it being out before thanksgiving.

vocab

I heard it starts off weak, and then progressively gets better. I mean if it was really bad, would telltale even bother with the series?

Sorian

Banned
I heard it starts off weak, and then progressively gets better. I mean if it was really bad, would telltale even bother with the series?

*dons flame cloak*

Why yes, yes they would.

JurassicPark100-2012-01-08-13-42-47-96.jpg

The choice messages.

Sorian

Banned
The first Jurassic Park is good though. They just made a shitty game with the IP. That's different.

No, I think the entire IP is shitty. I know that's not the populer concensus but, on a personal level, Telltale won't always be making things based off of fabulous IPs.

The choice messages. Like, So and so will remember that, or so and so didn't like that. I find it really unnecessary.

Roto13

I will never turn off choice messages after
"Carly/Doug will remember that"
in The Walking Dead.

That was a fantastic way to use that.

ArjanN

I will never turn off choice messages after
"Carly/Doug will remember that"
in The Walking Dead.

That was a fantastic way to use that.

While they occasionally use them in a meta sort of way, or to add a feeling of gravity to a certain choice you just made, I feel it's still something that takes you out of the game a little bit because it's a tad "gamey".

Roto13

While they occasionally use them in a meta sort of way, or to add a feeling of gravity to a certain choice you just made, I feel it's still something that takes you out of the game a little bit because it's a tad "gamey".

How else am I supposed to know that Duck thinks I am totally awesome?
I left him hanging.

Good lord! I literally just finished this. ABSOLUTELY fantastic so far. The writing is brilliant, the art style looks even more beautiful than before, and the world itself is so fascinating! A couple moments in this episode have already left my mouth agape. The score is really wonderful too, and is just as well done as the rest of it's presentation.

I can't wait to see the next episode now. Damn! So good!!!

vocab

No, I think the entire IP is shitty. I know that's not the populer concensus but, on a personal level, Telltale won't always be making things based off of fabulous IPs.

I know what you mean, and I feel partially the same. I never felt Jurassic Park was anything more than just a movie thing. It doesn't lend it self very well to games at all. What I meant was if no one liked fables and it was known as the shitty comic book series, than I don't think telltale would of bothered with it.

Voror

Noticed there was a season pass, so I decided to pick that up. Loved the first episode and this is the first Telltale game I've played so I'm very impressed.

It's been some years since I read any thing of the comics, but I liked a lot of little things here and there that referred to things that will happen in the books. Actually made me want to go back and read the series. It starts off a bit slow, then picks up steam, then has a dip in quality with it recently having returned to being quite good.

I'd say the series is rather consistent in quality with a few bad spots here and there as mentioned. While it's probably a bit too soon, I hope we might see Telltale do more with this universe since there's a lot of potential to explore.

Maybe it's just me, but did anyone feel kinda bad for some of the characters?
Faith and her husband are quite obviously the most tragic, but in general, I just felt sad for a lot of them. Kinda stuck in a world that is harsh and well...real.
:(

The music was sad quite frequently too so that definitely played a part in it.

Geido

Just finished the first episode! Wow, really strong start!

Love the comic and this plays into it perfectly. Especially the first few volumes, which were the best.

Snows head surprised me. I guess the fairy tale regeneration will kick in at some point?

Top Bottom