• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Because they're great. (Well, the last few.)

People saying they're never going to buy another Telltale game are being dramatic and only hurting themselves. Or they would be, if they were going to stick to it, which they won't.

I'm never going to play another telltale game again...because I'll be dead before they put out another episode.

Quit being a bunch of babies. I don't want things to get rushed and have it suck as a result.

I'm not asking for rushing. I just would have liked them to not spin plates with their development schedule, it's pretty clear TWD is their priority.

It's not "drama", it's just wanting what we paid for. Not a bizarre notion, particularly.

hwalker84

It's bullshit it's taken this long without a single hint of what's going on and why. Can any professional news site probe Telltale for information?

Jhriad

Bought the season as soon as it was available and I've been waiting for the episodes to come out to start playing it. Decided to check the thread and see how far we've gotten and what do I see?

any word about the release date for the second ep?

What the fuck, Telltale? Their release schedule is even worse than I thought if the second episode isn't even out yet. Glad I didn't buy Walking Dead Season 2.

McDougles

Those hints were clearly left there for a reason, it's not like people weren't supposed to figure it out.

What the video left out was that the
taxi driver
was the same
guy
in the other moments!

Also, I wouldn't put it past the majority audience to miss out on the clues. I didn't know "the killer" was visible
outside in the opening apartment scene.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a PS4 version announcement. I already got the first episode on PS3 like an idiot but if they announce a port I'd consider switching over.

They still haven't said anything about how we are supposed to transfer our PS3 game states in TWD to the PS4 version of season 2.

I hate generation transitions. :/

Since the release of Ep 1 I read through the entire series, and boy is it great. It's funny that it might have spoiled a few minor things but overall doesn't ruin your enjoyment. I have to replay Ep 1 now, with my knowledge of the series and longterm nature of some characters, since some of my choices run entirely contrary to how I perceive the characters now.

Volotaire

I really want to read the comics now. There are only two other comic series that have ever interested me, and they were Superman Red Son and the Watchmen Graphic Novels.I find this fable universe to be fascinating.

Spaghetti

i don't think i'll be buying another telltale game until all the episodes are out now

i loved what i played in october but now i'm just uninterested and don't really care

Roto13

I need to get back to them. I read the first 50 before starting the game and they started off pretty bad but got a lot better pretty quickly. They were great when I stopped reading. I have the next few sitting around here somewhere.

I need to get back to them. I read the first 50 before starting the game and they started off pretty bad but got a lot better pretty quickly. They were great when I stopped reading. I have the next few sitting around here somewhere.

For me, it was the second 50 that really hooked me for good. I mean, I enjoyed the first 50 too, but the arcs later made me really feel long term investment was worth it, IMO. I was highly impressed and will be sad to see it go next year.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility they're spending extra time to re-write the game after someone "found out" the killer when Episode 1 came out?

That rumor has been flying around, but I think it's false. There was a whole thread on Telltale's site that went into detail on hints that this person was the killer. They put too much stuff in there for it to actually be real. I think it's a red herring and they planned on people finding these clues.

cripterion

Can't believe this released in october and we still don't have the 2nd episode. Same thing for TWD for that matter. These guys are really slow asses.
And yeah I'm pretty miffed too that I payed for something that became essentially free afterwards.

They need to rethink their strategy on how they tacke their episodic content.

Kinyou

I wonder how done all those episodes actually are. I remember hearing that they always work til the last minute, but I also imagine that stuff like the voice work is already long done.

I think they mean the first season, there were big gaps between episodes as well, although IIRC TWAU gap right now has been longer than any of them.

When it first released The Walking Dead, TellTale said they'd release a new episode every month and it turned out to be every two months, which isn't a huge deal. The worst part is the way they handle these things. When things slow down they clam up. They don't say what's holding them up, how long they expect it to be, or even apologize for the delays.

TWAU has been much worse. It has now been three months since the first episode was released and we're still waiting for a release date. TTG said they'd have news in early January, but nothing has come from them, and yet again they remain silent. I enjoy the games they make, but they are terrible when it comes to keeping promises and communicating with their fans.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Furthermore, you’ll often come under pressure to make decisions quickly. You won’t be able to stand around too long deciding which option to choose during a conversation, reflecting the pressures or real-world decision-making.
Ah, finally an answer to my question of whether this bullshit from Walking Dead was in this one too. I guess I'll be skipping out on this one. I really hate things timing out as I have barely had enough time to read options let alone determine by the incredibly shitty text what kind of attitude my character will be displaying with them. It often went the opposite of how I would have naturally "in real-world decision-making timing" acted in Walking Dead way too many times because I don't magically live inside the developer's mind to instantly know precisely what meaning is intended.

jakomocha

I refuse to watch that "who the killer is" video, because I don't want it to be spoiled to me even though it's not certain:/. It's already been "spoiled" (if you can call it that) to me that in the comic series (which I've never read)
Snow is still somehow alive and Mr. Toad is dead

Seriously though, Telltale really needs to give us a release date schedule. I'm certainly not buying The Walking Dead Season 2 until all the episodes are out, like I did with Season 1. Wish I had been more patient with The Wolf Among Us, but it had a big sale on Xbox.

Roto13

I refuse to watch that "who the killer is" video, because I don't want it to be spoiled to me even though it's not certain:/. It's already been "spoiled" (if you can call it that) to me that in the comic series (which I've never read)
Snow is still somehow alive and Mr. Toad is dead

I don't think the comics have ever mentioned Mr. Toad at all.

mechphree

I do wish they would release episodes a lot faster. Waiting two or three months is a bit extreme for a episode that last maybe two hours. I would be more inclined to purchase the season pass if the episodes were going to drop once a week or every two weeks. I just finished the walking dead season two episode, although it was great I wish Telltale would give a time table when these are going to drop .

Top Bottom