• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Even season 2 of TWD doesn't let you disable that with the same minutia season 1 did. It's stupid.

Best way to play TWD is with everything turned off.

JhKGrm8.gif

I don't mind it as much in TWOAU because of its setting, for some reason, though it'd be nice to be able to turn it off.

iiicon

Four months is a long time to remember just what exactly in the fuck happened. Imagine if television shows were four months apart, you'd be totally lost.
I'm lucky because I've been reading the comic for years, so this world is familiar to me and I can slip in and out without getting lost, but I'm in the minority.

I personally never had a problem with that at all, it kinda what makes telltale feel so unique to me in comparison to other story definitive games

I personally never had a problem with that at all, it kinda what makes telltale feel so unique to me in comparison to other story definitive games
To me it's mildly insulting. They may as well say, 'We know you're not smart enough to realize that you just made a decision that may have a ramification later, so we're going to spell it out explicitly for you. Oh yeah and we won't let you turn this option off; again, it's because you're something of a dim bulb and you might do it by accident without meaning to.'

RPGCrazied

Tomorrow? About time! I'm sure they won't do this again. I think it was because of the holidays that made such a long wait. Surely they can go back to monthly now, or close to. Better not be another 4 months again.

Roto13

Tomorrow? About time! I'm sure they won't do this again. I think it was because of the holidays that made such a long wait. Surely they can go back to monthly now, or close to. Better not be another 4 months again.

They say that it was some freak situation that they don't anticipate having to deal with again, but of course they don't say what it was.

Ultimadrago

Just went through my fresh replay for the upcoming episode. This time decided to
go to Lawrence instead of Toad initially.
I believe it was a worthy change. I also made some slight banter changes, but not many from my first. I love Bigby with a more humorous edge.

Side note: Noticed the "I am the Eggman" Diner. That SA2 Eggman theme came to mind. Hah.

Side side note: I also picked up the
Tarot card
in the main office. I don't believe I paid mind to it my first time around.

Replicant

Just went through my fresh replay for the upcoming episode. This time decided to
go to Lawrence instead of Toad initially.
I believe it was a worthy change. I also made some slight banter changes, but not many from my first. I love Bigby with a more humorous edge.

Toad
is an ass anyway. Kind of wish
it's his head that got decapitated instead.

jediyoshi

To me it's mildly insulting. They may as well say, 'We know you're not smart enough to realize that you just made a decision that may have a ramification later, so we're going to spell it out explicitly for you. Oh yeah and we won't let you turn this option off; again, it's because you're something of a dim bulb and you might do it by accident without meaning to.'

I think you have to stretch a good bit to find yourself insulted. If that was the case, they'd just make it a warning at a completely set interval throughout the game regardless of what's on the screen. As an audience who plays video games who should be able to pick up on the fact that it happens in correlation to certain events, at worst it should just make explicit the fact that those specific events tie in to future consequences so you should probably take mental note of those over others. Ideally, it'd obviously be the case that there are just so many options that always matter that it should just be the status quo, but realistically the logistics of that make it impossible.

I'm kind of wondering how I'll end up playing Episode 2, since I knew nothing about the Fables universe before playing Episode 1 and now I've read a good chunk of all the comics.

Ultimadrago

I'm kind of wondering how I'll end up playing Episode 2, since I knew nothing about the Fables universe before playing Episode 1 and now I've read a good chunk of all the comics.

I don't know if that's more good on Telltale for intriguing you to such a degree or poor on them for having you satiate your post-Episode 1 hunger by going to the source material through the unfortunate dry spell!

I don't know if that's more good on Telltale for intriguing you to such a degree or poor on them for having you satiate your post-Episode 1 hunger by going to the source material through the unfortunate dry spell!

Oh its likely good on Telltale for getting me into the Fables universe. Given how episode 1 ended and yet knowing certain limited things about the comic, that was enough to get me intrigued to read the first couple issues and then next thing I knew, I've read 80 plus issues.

Granted, if Telltale didn't take 4 months between episodes, maybe I'd only be on issue 40 or so.

Having more comic knowledge will likely make it more fun seeing certain characters get introduced like Jack or Bluebeard. But then again, having more comic knowledge might make the game's nature as a prequel a little more apparent, knowing certain characters can't necessarily die and so forth.

Hubble

I enjoyed episode 1 and greatly enjoyed The Walking Dead, however, I can't fathom how the game does not include puzzle solving, critical thinking, quest elements, etc. I really hope these episodes evolve more into this rather than just being a point and click adventure. It really has huge potential to be more interactive.

Clinton514

I've only managed to play the demo so far and I like it but I'll wait it out. It's taking forever. I couldn't torture myself on waiting for a next episode.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Why the difference for Xbox in NA?

You mean PSN? Don't know think it's something to do with when PSN updates in each region.

EDIT: Unless you mean why does the NA version on xbox come out later, and I think it's because Xbox updates all stores on the same day at least.
Again might be wrong about that.

RetroMG

And it's probably not going to have a separate page on steam, right? It will probably just update the main game. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

TheFatMan

I honestly don't know how anyone stomaches TellTales HUGE lapses in time between there episodes. I mean I wouldn't mind it as much but they are so short! I bet I beat every episode of TWD Season 1 in less than 2 hours.

I'm sorry but waiting 2-4 months for an hour or two of game play is insulting and takes away from the story. They need to release them closer together or all at the same time. Hell I don't know how you ladies and gentlemen remembered what happened last time haha.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know how anyone stomaches TellTales HUGE lapses in time between there episodes. I mean I wouldn't mind it as much but they are so short! I bet I beat every episode of TWD Season 1 in less than 2 hours.

I'm sorry but waiting 2-4 months for an hour or two of game play is insulting and takes away from the story. They need to release them closer together or all at the same time. Hell I don't know how you ladies and gentlemen remembered what happened last time haha.

Unless you just skipped all the cutscene stuff (which I don't even know that you can do) completing all five in under two hours is impossible, although I agree four months is a long time for something like this I would hardly call it insulting though.

Between this and the first episode going free and the season pass being heavily discounted, I doubt I'll ever buy a Telltale game up front ever again. It would be much less painful, not to mention cheaper, to wait.

Top Bottom