• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

sakipon

Ah, finally an answer to my question of whether this bullshit from Walking Dead was in this one too. I guess I'll be skipping out on this one. I really hate things timing out as I have barely had enough time to read options let alone determine by the incredibly shitty text what kind of attitude my character will be displaying with them. It often went the opposite of how I would have naturally "in real-world decision-making timing" acted in Walking Dead way too many times because I don't magically live inside the developer's mind to instantly know precisely what meaning is intended.

That happened to me too, sometimes a line I chose came out very differently than I had thought. I don't consider it that big of a deal in these games though. The episodes are so short and movie-like so I just enjoy the ride. It'd be worse in an RPG or so where I really want to be the one making the decisions.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to implement some extra options, including an option to extend or disable the time.

That happened to me too, sometimes a line I chose came out very differently than I had thought. I don't consider it that big of a deal in these games though. The episodes are so short and movie-like so I just enjoy the ride. It'd be worse in an RPG or so where I really want to be the one making the decisions.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to implement some extra options, including an option to extend or disable the time.

I do not agree. The time pressure is a great way to implement split-second decisions that happens in real live. In real live moments of tension, you also do not have infinite time to think and search for the best possible outcome. I remember playing TWD and making wrong decisions because I did not have the time to think, which I will not have in real live as well. It is part of the game design.

However, I agree about the bad description of some of the texts. It lead me also to wrong attitudes.

So, time-pressure is great, better text is needed.

Jake

Extending the timer is the one thing that would actually mechanically break these games. Both in terms of its impact on the fun, and the fact that the games are all meticulously timed out in places so that there is only as much dialog as there is the maximum time you have to consider what to say. If the timer was disabled, the games would just stand still waiting for input.

Wow. Four months after episode 1. Telltale what are you doing. =(

It also stings that since then the first episode has been free on Xbox and the season pass has been on sale at least on PSN. This tactic of punishing early season pass buyers is certainly an interesting one.

Roto13

Yeesh.

Well, at least there's a release window this time. Would it have killed them to speak up and say "We've run into a few snags so the episode is going to be later than expected" before now?

Permanently A

I was ready to complain about the thread being bumped without any news. Okay, Episode 2 in Feb it is!

I'm a little worried that this one won't be incredible like the first one though, in the sense that this one will probably setup more questions rather than answering any of the big ones.

We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.
Hmm. Cert issues somewhere?

I'd definitely think twice about buying a Telltale season pass upfront again. The smarter move is apparently to wait for a sale to save yourself money, or for all episodes to be out to save yourself some heartache.

iiicon

Glad to see there's finally some news. This wait has been ridiculous, and it's hard to maintain interest (or generate any positive word-of-mouth) with the months of silence we just endured.

I'm a little worried that this one won't be incredible like the first one though, in the sense that this one will probably setup more questions rather than answering any of the big ones.
I don't share your same doubts. There's a certain plot thread that I can't see them leave hanging for an entire episode.

Kinyou

I'd definitely think twice about buying a Telltale season pass upfront again. The smarter move is apparently to wait for a sale to save yourself money, or for all episodes to be out to save yourself some heartache.
I also didn't expect it to go on sale so soon. I'm think I'll just wait one or two months before buying Tales of Borderlands or the Game of thrones one

Krakn3Dfx

Wouldn't surprise me is A Wolf Among us just didn't do the kind of numbers Walking Dead did, so they put a higher priority on Walking Dead S2 production.

Watch the entire S2 of TWD come out and at least 1 episode of Wolf still be unreleased.

kmax

I just hope it doesn't mess with TWD S2E2. I'm still expecting that next month (Looks like it'll be pushed to March, though)

jakomocha

Do you guys think it would be "cheating" of sorts if I went back and changed my choices before episode 2 came out?
I went to Toad first and now I really regret it because Prince Lawrence is dead. Also, I threatened Toad because I accidentally messed up one of the evidences and I feel bad about that :(.

Do you guys think it would be "cheating" of sorts if I went back and changed my choices before episode 2 came out?
I went to Toad first and now I really regret it because Prince Lawrence is dead. Also, I threatened Toad because I accidentally messed up one of the evidences and I feel bad about that :(.

I think it's more fun sticking to my first choice...even if it makes me feel a little bad.

But if it's hurting your ability to enjoy the game, then change it.

jakomocha

I think it's more fun sticking to my first choice...even if it makes me feel a little bad.

But if it's hurting your ability to enjoy the game, then change it.

Well, I totally know what you mean. I'm just the kind of person who gets very anxious over my decisions though.

I'll stick with my choices. I guess that's all a part of it. And knowing Telltale, our choices won't matter in the end anyways.

Good. Hopefully we don't have any more ridiculous delays after this. The Walking Dead was bad enough with the two month gaps, but four is inexcusable. It'll be interesting to see what happens going forward with TWAU and TWD, espcially with GoT and Borderlands planned.

I like to do multiple playthorughs. I have one that is my main, another that is the opposite on big decisions, one where I'm mean to everyone, and one where I choose the silent option for everything.

Roto13

Good. Hopefully we don't have any more ridiculous delays after this. The Walking Dead was bad enough with the two month gaps, but four is inexcusable. It'll be interesting to see what happens going forward with TWAU and TWD, espcially with GoT and Borderlands planned.

I like to do multiple playthorughs. I have one that is my main, another that is the opposite on big decisions, one where I'm mean to everyone, and one where I choose the silent option for everything.

I do this exact thing. :p

From http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/56934/official-episode-2-release-info
Hey guys,

Kevin from Telltale here! Funny that this came up today, as we were planning the announcement of Ep 2, but… no time like the present!

Ep 2 should be available the first week of February. We are working hard with all of our partners (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Apple) to coordinate everything, but we’re confident enough to announce that here. The episode is looking really good (as is the rest of the season!). We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

So there you have it. First week of February!
Surprised this wasn't posted earlier, but yeah super excite! Finally we get news!

Edit: Beaten nevermind

All right, decided to do a replay of Episode 1 to freshen up on my choices. Went with a different choice during the
Frog or Prince
-section, going to visit
the Prince first
instead.

All right, decided to do a replay of Episode 1 to freshen up on my choices. Went with a different choice during the
Frog or Prince
-section, going to visit
the Prince first
instead.

The problem with this long wait for EP2 is that I completly forgot with is my "main choise" savegame. I made multiples saves to go to thought all options but now I do not know which to load.... Have to test....

I'm actually doing the same thing (I hope to finish the episode again tonight). It's your game, do whatever you want with it. No one will judge you so don't overthink it.

Pollux

I'm actually doing the same thing (I hope to finish the episode again tonight). It's your game, do whatever you want with it. No one will judge you so don't overthink it.

Same here, I'll be replaying through Episode 1 tonight. Haven't played it since it first came out, and I really forget some of the choices I made.

igxb7pEtHxrBR.gif

This image in the OP was strangely prophetic.

Four months is a long time to remember just what exactly in the fuck happened. Imagine if television shows were four months apart, you'd be totally lost.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
This imagine in the OP was strangely prophetic.

Four months is a long time to remember just what exactly in the fuck happened. Imagine if television shows were four months apart, you'd be totally lost.

Thank god there is a recap before the episodes
I played it a few weeks ago and I don't even remember some of the choices I made it, although that's because I had to play it twice for that stupid librarian achievement.

Top Bottom