• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Garland7G

Downloaded Episode 1 because it was free.

This is my first Telltale game.

I really enjoyed it. Maybe a little better than what I expected and longer. I've always been a fan of adventure games and this goes back to the old Lucasfilm point and click style and combines it with Mass Effect dialogue options and Dragon's Lair action sequences. I don't know nothing about the comic books this is based on but I really enjoyed the game and story. Looking forward to where this goes next.

This still free on xbox or ps3?

Edit: just got it free from xbox ;)

painey

This was 100% better than Walking Dead imo (I liked that, but it just felt sooo slow and dull)

My only complaint is just how slow it loads. The
guy jumping out of the closet chase scene
was ruined because it went from a genuinely shocking moment and quick reaction into a boring 40 second wait inbetween the next section, killing all immersion and intensity.

This was 100% better than Walking Dead imo (I liked that, but it just felt sooo slow and dull)

My only complaint is just how slow it loads. The
guy jumping out of the closet chase scene
was ruined because it went from a genuinely shocking moment and quick reaction into a boring 40 second wait inbetween the next section, killing all immersion and intensity.

Wow, what system is that on? I'm playing PC and it was pretty much instantaneous.

NeoGash

Wooot wooot! Takin' a shit right now, and just about to start the first episode (was free on XBL). I hope it's as awesome as TWD, that game made me cry like a bitch.

NeoGash

Replayed the last chapter to get the last achievement. Damn The Wolf Among Us is brilliant. Beat it in one sitting. Too bad I missed the sale on the season pass :(

I am cry. Wolf cry.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I just completed the 360 version and there is lots of stuttering and freezing. Awesome game but a technical turd-piece. Telltale need to lift their game, the art style was brilliant but the performance was fucking shiiiite.

En-ou

impressed, I like this kind of fairytale/horror setting. btw, it runs like butter on my PC. and it is quite nice in 3D. cant wait to finish it.

so I dled it for free on my sisters xbox, and boy does it run like shit. stutters quite a lot, and has atrocious load times. why the heck did they release it like this? how does it run on ps3?

Albo

impressed, I like this kind of fairytale/horror setting. btw, it runs like butter on my PC. and it is quite nice in 3D. cant wait to finish it.

so I dled it for free on my sisters xbox, and boy does it run like shit. stutters quite a lot, and has atrocious load times. why the heck did they release it like this? how does it run on ps3?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I just completed the 360 version and there is lots of stuttering and freezing. Awesome game but a technical turd-piece. Telltale need to lift their game, the art style was brilliant but the performance was fucking shiiiite.

I'm loving it too. It took me by surprise and had me hooked but the stuttering, freezing and long loading times were a bit off putting on 360.

I wish Telltale would hurry up and get on releasing Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us. Looking forward to this more than The Walking Dead.

I think Telltale said they would be making an announcement on episode two sometime this month. Since they recently gave EP1 away for free, I'm guessing we're not far from EP2's release.

seat

I think Telltale said they would be making an announcement on episode two sometime this month. Since they recently gave EP1 away for free, I'm guessing we're not far from EP2's release.

Isn't Telltale's schedule usually two months between episodes? Seems like we'll be due for the next episode in a week. Perhaps I shouldn't get my hopes up?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hmm I thought Telltale was better about episodic gaming than this. Last time I buy a product from them day one.

hwalker84

I think we're really far away that's why they gave it away for free. At this point I expect The Walking Dead Episode 2 before this.

I got the season on PC for $16, but still a little annoyed we are basically giving them advance money for content that is not even created yet.

Mononoke

Banned
This is getting ridiculous now. Can't believe Episode 2 still isn't out yet. I get that when you buy into an episodic system, you have time between releases. But when there is THIS much time between releases, it really hurts the narrative flow. I'm actually thinking of skipping Episode 2 now, and just waiting till the end of the year when the entire game is out. I'll just replay the first episode again and play the rest of it.

Gartooth

I was a dumbass and bought Episode 1 immediately, then after completing it bought the season pass. Certainly taught me a lesson that I hope not to forget.

I think at this point they need to suck up their pride and break the silence barrier to tell people what the hell is going on if they don't want to lose most of the audience that played Episode 1.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I was a dumbass and bought Episode 1 immediately, then after completing it bought the season pass. Certainly taught me a lesson that I hope not to forget.

I think at this point they need to suck up their pride and break the silence barrier to tell people what the hell is going on if they don't want to lose most of the audience that played Episode 1.

These are the people that never fixed and completely ignored the save bug in TWD. They aint saying shit.

Didn't Telltale say before Christmas to expect episode 2 some time in early January after the Holidays? Or they'd at least have more news after the holidays, maybe.

I don't mind them taking their time but I at least wish the release dates were some what consistent. Whether the episodes are going to be 2 or 3 or 4 months apart, at least make that somewhat known. Or at least make a big enough buffer in their development so they can release these on a regular interval instead of having a long wait between one set of episodes and a longer wait between another.

This. With Walking Dead I waited for the entire season to be available and on sale. With Wolf I bought the ep1 and season pass rigth away, hoping to support the team and this kind of game (I love the comics). However I was extremelly pissed out that ep1 was given for free at the end of the year even before ep2 is out. Come on, I payed $20 for the content and did not enjoy a bit more from the ones that got it for free.

Yeah, i bought the season right away, and im still sat here waiting for Episode 2, and its pushing 4 months later now. Fucking ridiculous. Its actually turned me off TWD too, as i refuse to pay for any of TWD Season 2 until i get what i paid for with TWAU.
Telltale have their fingers in too many pies at the moment, and i hope quality doesnt suffer because of it

Morzak

I really liked EP1 one but this showed me again I will never again buy a Telltale season that isn't finished. 3+ months between episodes of 2h length are just way to much those kind of games really need a schedule and then they need to stick to it. It's probably a good Idea to have the 2nd episode basically finished before you even release the first.

It also sits wrong with me that they announced 2 additional series while they are seemingly struggling to manage the existing 2.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Ended this some days back, and what a trip! Telltale really knows how to craft a storyline. Loved the art direction, dialogue and characters. Can't wait for the second episode, and hoping it's released soon.

MS89

Neo Member
I really liked EP1 one but this showed me again I will never again buy a Telltale season that isn't finished. 3+ months between episodes of 2h length are just way to much those kind of games really need a schedule and then they need to stick to it. It's probably a good Idea to have the 2nd episode basically finished before you even release the first.

This.

The difference between the first and last episodes could end up being over a year. Better off just playing it when its complete.

Isn't Telltale's schedule usually two months between episodes? Seems like we'll be due for the next episode in a week. Perhaps I shouldn't get my hopes up?

They're very difficult to predict. With The Walking Dead last year, we'd have no news then all of the sudden they'd announce that the next episode would be out within a week. They've said they'd have news on The Wolf Among Us in "early January", so it should be soon, but with every passing day I get less optimistic.

I think we're really far away that's why they gave it away for free. At this point I expect The Walking Dead Episode 2 before this.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's a real possibility. TWD is their most well-known franchise, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on TWAU in favor of TWD. It'll be interesting to see how they handle these two series, especially with the recent announcements of Borderlands and Game of Thrones. They might end up with too much on their plates.

Roto13

Just finished ep1 since it was free on XBLA. Can't wait to play Season 2
when it's free

The only times they ever give away any episodes beyond episode 1 of a series is when they sometimes go free on PlayStation Plus.

And as far as I know, that has only happened with Back to the Future (the whole season) and like two episodes of the first season of The Walking Dead.

If anything, it's more likely they gave away episode 1 to build some interest in episode 2 when it releases in the next couple of weeks.

Roto13

The Wolf Among Us bumped itself to the top of my list of games on PS3, which I guess means it got updated since yesterday. (I wasn't paying attention when I started my PS3.) Version number is 1.01.

So new episode coming soon?

The Wolf Among Us bumped itself to the top of my list of games on PS3, which I guess means it got updated since yesterday. (I wasn't paying attention when I started my PS3.) Version number is 1.01.

So new episode coming soon?

yeah it got patched on my system as well. I'm hoping it's out this Tuesday

You weren't the only one. I'm pretty bloody pissed at how they've treated people who bought the season pass.

So much so, I've not bought TWD S2 and have no plans to ever buy it either. Same goes for GoT and Borderlands.

I just want a polished game, the walking dead got some weird bug with people standing in rooms doing nothing. If they are delaying the game to fix the bugs I don't care but just don't lie to my face saying the game will be out in January and then you release the walking dead first.

You weren't the only one. I'm pretty bloody pissed at how they've treated people who bought the season pass.

So much so, I've not bought TWD S2 and have no plans to ever buy it either. Same goes for GoT and Borderlands.

Same here, I loved TWD season 1 and TWAU EP 1.

This wait time without any ETA is complete bullshit though.

I just want a polished game, the walking dead got some weird bug with people standing in rooms doing nothing. If they are delaying the game to fix the bugs I don't care but just don't lie to my face saying the game will be out in January and then you release the walking dead first.

We can only dream for a polished released.

stn

Really liked the first part, avoiding buying the season pass because of lack of updates around the rest of the episodes.

Same here, I loved TWD season 1 and TWAU EP 1.

This wait time without any ETA is complete bullshit though.

Yep, TWD S1 was easily one of my most favourite games of last year and I absolutely loved the first episode of Wolf, but they've really soured that feeling with how they've handled everything about the second episode.

Really liked the first part, avoiding buying the season pass because of lack of updates around the rest of the episodes.

Smart move, I only wish I had thought about it a little more before buying the season pass...

Never buying a Season Pass again. So much has changed in the months since this came out... got a Vita, wish I'd just waited and bought it on that :\

Never buying a Season Pass again. So much has changed in the months since this came out... got a Vita, wish I'd just waited and bought it on that :\

This, Arkham Origins, Saints Row and BS:Infinite have really turned me against the idea of season passes.

If episode 2 isn't out by February, I doubt I'll ever come back to play episode 2 onwards.

Stoze

Agreed. I'm probably going to wait until all of the new Walking Dead season is out and on sale before getting it because of this.

Will still play ep 2 of TWAU as soon as it comes out, can't let the awful season pass go to waste.

Agreed. I'm probably going to wait until all of the new Walking Dead season is out and on sale before getting it because of this.

Will still play ep 2 of TWAU as soon as it comes out, can't let the awful season pass go to waste.

This, Arkham Origins, Saints Row and BS:Infinite have really turned me against the idea of season passes.

If episode 2 isn't out by February, I doubt I'll ever come back to play episode 2 onwards.

I don't really play my 360 at all anymore, so I really don't know. I much preferred picking up TWD on sale and playing it all at once. I may well do that.

It's definitely affected my decision to buy TWD S2. I will be getting that on the Vita whenever it eventually surfaces, and most likely not until the whole thing is released.

yamo

I was planning on waiting for all episodes to be out before buying this. But my brother bought it for me on Steam as a Christmas present, as he saw it on my wishlist. Played it and loved it but I am already annoyed that we dont have episode 2 yet. I feel sad for the poor bastards who bought it day one.

Great series. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, as I'm not really into fairytale creatures and all that. Pretty shocked at some of the things that happened so early in the episodes too.

Roto13

Why do I keep buying their gaaames.

Because they're great. (Well, the last few.)

People saying they're never going to buy another Telltale game are being dramatic and only hurting themselves. Or they would be, if they were going to stick to it, which they won't.

Top Bottom