• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
From what people who are more familiar with standard Telltale release schedules say, the pattern is:

Image on tuesday >> Trailer on either the thursday that week or next tuesday >> release of episode the tuesday after the previous action.

So if we do get a trailer this thursday there's a chance we'll get it this coming tuesday. Both of the last episodes were apparently released tuesday.

Tuesday is PC and PSN for NA, Wednesday is Xbox and (sometimes) PSN for EU, and Thursday is IOS (I think)

PSN EU seems to get fucked over for some reason, and the release is later but I don't play it on PS3 so I have no first hand experience of it.

Telltale updated their FB as well with the twitter info. Though in the FB update they only said "trailer and release date coming soon". So if we believe twitter, it's tomorrow.

Praise Valhalla it is this Tuesday! Will finish it then discuss. Like I said I hope they don't do more than two seasons. There's already one aspect the comic hints at that they've covered with Ichabod. Don't know what else they could do outside of (mid comic spoilers)
one of Bigby's war scenarios or during Hansel and his witch hunt

Ugh I really want to watch the trailer, but I think I want to go in blind for the last chapter.

Side-note, anyone think that there will be a second season to TWAU? I mean it is like 10 years before the comics, so they could do more stuff in the world.

Ugh I really want to watch the trailer, but I think I want to go in blind for the last chapter.

Side-note, anyone think that there will be a second season to TWAU? I mean it is like 10 years before the comics, so they could do more stuff in the world.
There's plenty of stuff that happened in the past of Bigby in the comics but not all of it is detective work. And with this season they've covered the arc of Ichabod they mention in the comics. So unless they plan on doing a completely original story arc that somehow still fits with the comic or follow bigby in his non detective stuff.....

One thing is for sure though if it's successful they'll come up with something.

Just finished episode 4, I'm not watching the trailer.
The episodes are on the short side but other than that it's been a great ride. Really good characters.

The episodes are on the short side but other than that it's been a great ride. Really good characters.
Assuming you haven't read the comics then I'd suggest going there next. One of the only few comic series I've read. It's almost done it has like 9 more issues to release. And the main characters and some side ones all have big if not lead roles in the comic.

The trailer has very little to do with Ep 5, aside from a few quick scenes. Mostly a recap/singing their praises kind of trailer.

Fables is one of the few series that even the spin off titles are fantastic. Really great world. Hope you'll like the comics when you start reading them.

I'm loving this game, can't wait for next week. I DID run into a weird bug on PS3 that I haven't heard anyone else run into though.

After
getting confronted by bloody mary in episode 3, and getting shot up by the tweedles I get into a fight with Dum. Decide to Spare him, because I'm nice like that. Bloody Mary wrecks my shit with silver bullets and is walking towards me as I'm hammering "X" trying to get up.

as I do this, I notice I have an interactive spot off to the right, so I hit that, thinking that mashing X isn't going to work. It gives a message of "[something] not assigned!" skips me back slightly, and now I'm in the middle of a fight with an invisible Tweedle DEE, and it gives me the option of whether I want to kill Dee. Spared him as well and it circles back to the scene where bloody mary fills me full of holes.

just very odd there. haven't tried to replicate it.

statham

finished ep4. I don't like all the choices I made in ep 3/4, not sure how they will effect the ending. Bring on next week! Episodes are short, but I really like this game.

jakomocha

I'm so excited, definitely didn't expect Episode 5 to be released this soon (especially due to Telltale's rather inconsistent release schedule). Do you guys think there will be a Season 2? I'm definitely hoping for it.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm so excited, definitely didn't expect Episode 5 to be released this soon (especially due to Telltale's rather inconsistent release schedule). Do you guys think there will be a Season 2? I'm definitely hoping for it.

I sure hope so. I guess it depends on the sales and if there is interest to make another story.

Anustart

Seems I got the game at the perfect time, during the sale. Finished edpisode 4 a couple days ago and only have to wait til tuesday! Stoked to find out the motives.

I'm loving this game, can't wait for next week. I DID run into a weird bug on PS3 that I haven't heard anyone else run into though.

After
getting confronted by bloody mary in episode 3, and getting shot up by the tweedles I get into a fight with Dum. Decide to Spare him, because I'm nice like that. Bloody Mary wrecks my shit with silver bullets and is walking towards me as I'm hammering "X" trying to get up.

as I do this, I notice I have an interactive spot off to the right, so I hit that, thinking that mashing X isn't going to work. It gives a message of "[something] not assigned!" skips me back slightly, and now I'm in the middle of a fight with an invisible Tweedle DEE, and it gives me the option of whether I want to kill Dee. Spared him as well and it circles back to the scene where bloody mary fills me full of holes.

just very odd there. haven't tried to replicate it.

I think that's a bug, dude.

yGray

Banned
All my hype! I only just played episode 1-4 on Saturday. I'm so ready for episode 5. This series is way better than The Walking Dead- and I'm a fan of TWD.

V_Ben

Banned
*really* excited to hear Georgie Porgie in this. We did the sessions a bit ago, and I can't wait to see how they've been implemented. Kevin gives such a good performance.

Tizoc

Reading up about the game...
Ep. 1 was the longest so far, all later eps. felt shorter. Furthermore, there was a huge gap between Ep. 1 and 2, but Eps. 2-5 have all been released with 1-2 months between them.

It's up in the air for me on whether the ending will deliver or not.

I've genuinely forgotten the larger series of events. Definitely not buying a Telltale game from Episode 1 again. It's pointless trying to emulate the feel of an episodic TV show with these games, there's not 4 months between episodes of TV shows.

I'd like to think I've learnt the same lesson, and I'll pick up Season 2 when it's finished and binge it. That said, I'm chomping at the bit for Episode 5, probably won't have chance to play it until Thursday!

Comics people, do you think it's worth holding off reading them? Is it going to spoil plot points in the games?

I've genuinely forgotten the larger series of events. Definitely not buying a Telltale game from Episode 1 again. It's pointless trying to emulate the feel of an episodic TV show with these games, there's not 4 months between episodes of TV shows.
Yeah, learned my lesson with TWD season 1 (well, it was that and the bugginess). Picked this one up on the last day of the Steam sale for $8, and am on schedule to finish up episode 4 today... just in time for the final episode.
Thanks Gabe.

Poetic

Yeah, I usually pick them up in sales and then play it from start to finish once all episodes are out. Pretty excited about running thru this one.

ST2K

Looking forward to playing this all in one go. I avoided playing it until now because of the save issues and such. Hopefully that won't be an issue when I download all 5 episodes at the same time.

Card Boy

Banned
Love how Ichabod is a major character in this but he is only in the comics for a single issue. Wheres Boy Blue, Rose Red, Prince Charming, King Cole, Pinocchio, Cinderella or Totenkinder?

Also they should do a Christmans episode with Santa.

Top Bottom