• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

GavinBT

Neo Member
I started and finished this today. I started playing around... maybe 2-3 o'clock? And just finished episode 4. Unless episode 5 ends up being like 4 hours, which it's doubtful, I'd say this game will clock in at 7 1/2 or 8 hours.

I've heard rumors about a release date for episode 5, but any confirmation? Only found one page that says July 15th for PC.

This has rekindled my interest to reread the Fables comics. I haven't read them for like so many years.

edit: just read in the telltale forums that they've basically announced in twitter that it'll be July. So maybe that website I read wasn't so far off. Don't know if I'd be able to wait for another season before rereading the comic but I can probably hold off until this season is done before going into the comics again. for the sake of not double dipping

Job Stauffer, Telltale's head of PR, posted on his Twitter account:

"Played two FANTASTIC Telltale episodes at the office yesterday. Neither releasing next week, but July is looking full of news and releases."
This was last Tuesday

And then on Saturday:
Steve Allison, Telltale's Senior Vice President of Publishing, posted on his twitter account that episode 5 has been submitted to their console distribution partners.

"The final episode of #TheWolfAmongUs has been submitted (for consoles) congrats to the team! ...also means news on release SOON..."

Also, Job Stauffer posted on his twitter account that the episode would be releasing very soon in July.

"Very soon in July! Details forthcoming! :)"

sandkiller

Job Stauffer, Telltale's head of PR, posted on his Twitter account:

"Played two FANTASTIC Telltale episodes at the office yesterday. Neither releasing next week, but July is looking full of news and releases."
This was last tuesday

Maybe some GoT news as well?? One can dream...

Well I know that very soon in July would be better if it's sooner than 2 weeks. But realistically wouldn't they want to release it with a window for advertising? I don't know how early they tend to announce their titles before release since both wolf among us and the walking dead season 1 I bought with 4 episodes already released.

GavinBT

Neo Member
Well I know that very soon in July would be better if it's sooner than 2 weeks. But realistically wouldn't they want to release it with a window for advertising? I don't know how early they tend to announce their titles before release since both wolf among us and the walking dead season 1 I bought with 4 episodes already released.

If it was going to come out next week it would be announced this week.
That's normally how it works, they tweet that is is going to be available on Tuesday for PSN and Wednesday for xbox etc.

End up to 108 in Fables and decided it was time to give the game a go. Did all the eps in 2 sittings. Only disappointments is the way Bigby looks where in goes Wolf mode, he looks too much like a werewolf.

Here is how he looks in full wolf mode in the comics.

culture-feature_fable.widea.jpg

I'm pretty sure
they're holding this for Episode 5.

vareon

Just finished Episode 4. Still loving it, but I think the episode's cliffhanger is not as good as the previous three. I'm getting Vol. 13 and 14 this month, too.

Also Telltale tweeted this:

BrYiHezIUAASKyQ.jpg

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just "played" thru the 4 episodes. Must say I am kind of surprised how positive this game is recieved here. Loved the setting and presentation, but there is allmost no gameplay whatsoever. It's barebone minimum in that regard. Haven't felt this kept out of interactivity since Dreamfall (a game I loath).

Just "played" thru the 4 episodes. Must say I am kind of surprised how positive this game is recieved here. Loved the setting and presentation, but there is allmost no gameplay whatsoever. It's barebone minimum in that regard. Haven't felt this kept out of interactivity since Dreamfall (a game I loath).

To be honest I'd rather they dropped the pretense of gameplay a little. Walking Dead Season 2 is fucking wrought with "Press X to struggle against a zombie" shit, and you die, and it's pointless. Utterly meaningless involving no skill whatsoever other than flinch reactions.

Zack117

Banned
Waiting is so hard. I wish telltale would just release their whole season at once instead of torturing us with one cliffhanger after another.

Can't wait for ep 5 though.

JustinBB7

Looking at past telltale releases, every time they start showing stuff it's usually within a week or 2 after they do so.

So my guesses are it comes out either the 8th or 15th of july.

The way I see these games it's an interactive choose your adventure story. People who still complain that they aren't games aren't playing them with the right mindset. Telltale games are made for those that value story over gameplay.
Looking at past telltale releases, every time they start showing stuff it's usually within a week or 2 after they do so.

So my guesses are it comes out either the 8th or 15th of july.

Website I read rumored the 15th but I would hope it's the 8th. It'd be a nice thing to come back to after 4th of July weekend

Anbec7

Ok I bought this on the Steam sale and it's awesome.
So I want to jump at the books, any place where I can find them in good quality?
Where can I start? Amazon?
The problem is... I live in Mexico (*sob*) so any ideas where I can buy them and maybe send them over to a mailbox and then here... I think.

Anyway the hype for this is real, currently I'm replaying to get the last chapters to get the last entries of the book of fables and I can't wait for the last episode.

Are we getting season 2 of this?
Thanks!

According to those familiar with standard telltale pre release they say that an image on Tuesday might signal a trailer either on Thursday or the following Tuesday with a release on whichever Tuesday follows. So hopefully they release a trailer by Thursday.

As to where to find the comic easily, isn't there a site for digital releases of comics? Check if they have the comics there.

Kinyou

Just finished Episode 4. Still loving it, but I think the episode's cliffhanger is not as good as the previous three. I'm getting Vol. 13 and 14 this month, too.

BrYiHezIUAASKyQ.jpg
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

That's what I've been waiting for!!!

Does it though?
he's gotten shot badly twice in the game. But they said he can get shot as much as he wants with regular bullets. Silver is the issue. He'll probably avoid bloody Mary shooting him

Don't forget to use quotation marks when using the word play while talking about this "game".
It's important.

Edit: forgot the quotation marks on game.

I haven't read the comics in a while but I don't recall Mr toad or a lot of these characters being in them. Going to miss them.

We could all bet on a season 2 right? Right?

Episode 5 theory:
The episode will start with you easily murdering the Crooked Man (If you want), then it proceeds with you picking off each Hench one by one as they run in terror, as it showed in the preview.

There will be a climax in which you fight Bloody Mary and (hopefully) Brutally murdering her.

Then at the very end, Snow will judge you on you're decisions throughout the game, kind of like In The Walking Dead.

Or maybe that situation could happen in the beginning with The Crooked Man if you decided to talk to him first.
Either way I'm excite.

We could all bet on a season 2 right? Right?

Episode 5 theory:
The episode will start with you easily murdering the Crooked Man (If you want), then it proceeds with you picking off each Hench one by one as they run in terror, as it showed in the preview.

There will be a climax in which you fight Bloody Mary and (hopefully) Brutally murdering her.

Then at the very end, Snow will judge you on you're decisions throughout the game, kind of like In The Walking Dead.

Or maybe that situation could happen in the beginning with The Crooked Man if you decided to talk to him first.
Either way I'm excite.
Doubt the
murder part since unless the game can guess that I won't kill him right there and then the preview with bloody Mary putting her arm against your neck wouldn't happen. Maybe you arrest/kill him not immediately there and then go arrest/kill all his henchmen

You know who ends up being quite the bro if you help him?
woody

You know who ends up being quite the bro if you help him?
woody

Yo imagine if
Gren and Woody helped you murder
, that'd be sick

Laura Perusco (Telltale Employee) on her twitter:
I really can't wait to see how people react to The Wolf Among Us season finale! I'm maybe even more excited for this release than our fans are.

I'm also expecting a season 2. The build up for the last episode did not feel very "conclusive".

Considering that there's been just enough but not quite development between Snow and Bigby, and the whole episode have consisted of characters not from the comics outside of one here and there (main cast aside) doing a case, it's possible. All they have to do next season is do another case and make sure that whenever they want to end it that they end it neatly where the comic begins.

Yo imagine if
Gren and Woody helped you murder
, that'd be sick

Laura Perusco (Telltale Employee) on her twitter:
I really can't wait to see how people react to The Wolf Among Us season finale! I'm maybe even more excited for this release than our fans are.

I wish they stopped speaking because if they announce it for July 15th then 2 weeks is going to be painful.

Jomjom

Banned

BrYiHezIUAASKyQ.jpg

Huh Bigby can turn into a wolf completely? I thought he was just a wolfman?

Spaghetti

slightly off-topic but... seeing this and the walking dead going for so little in the steam sales, i'm not really sure i'm ever going to buy another set of telltale episodes until the season is complete. i feel like i paid too much to play them earlier than those who waited.

Top Bottom