• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Exile20

The miiverse W101 community now has a special Highscore sub-community.

I guess that's why the score upload didn't work before.

.... wait.... highscore community... they opened Pandora's box! :O

edit:

the posts are even tagged with difficulty and level names. easy to compare then.

Get your e-peen out!

This actually pretty awesome. Miiverse is really shaping up nicely.

NeoRausch

oh wow, the stages a rather long, I like that!

and I'm finally getting a hang of the combo and fighting system. steep but awesome learning curve.

-use right sick
-turn off vibration
-start on normal

thank me later!

this game has so much more depth than I initially thought. crazy!

edit:
and so much to unlock/collect/buy!

Exile20

and I'm finally getting a hang of the combo and fighting system. steep but awesome learning curve.

-use right sick
-turn off vibration
-start on normal

thank me later!

edit:

Why are you making it so much hard for us in NA? Please tell me more.....

Fabrik

Banned

-use right sick
-turn off vibration
-start on normal

thank me later!

edit:

That's what I did as well. Also buy the fast drawing upgrade as soon as possible.
Another useful tip, you can mix all your "vegetables" into a credit card allowing you to buy any item you want in the mart.

^
GothCard.jpg

Never leave the Mothership without it

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GAME GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KuGsj.gif

Also: I have a club nintendo code for the game to give away. First person to quote this gets pm! :)

NeoRausch

That's what I did as well. Also buy the fast drawing upgrade as soon as possible.
Another useful tip, you can mix all your "vegetables" into a credit card allowing you to buy any item you want in the mart.

now that's a good advice!

meanwhile:

oh shit! I have to fight a (first boss spoiler)
giant enemy anus crab
now.

thanks kammy!

edit:

I take the boss-part back. that thing was a home with sword multi unites!

edit2:

oh maaaaan! plastic trophy? really?! it's mounted on a cheap bottle cap?

:( I need to get better!..... and unlock shit to make it easier!

GAME GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KuGsj.gif

Also: I have a club nintendo code for the game to give away. First person to quote this gets pm! :)

:D

Edit: I seriously hope this game sells well, it really deserves it. Maybe later on we could see it get a sequel. :)

Its just too damn amazing. Hah

Am I being stupid or are there no descriptions of what any of the stuff in the shop actually does? I don't like buying based off names alone...

NeoRausch

Am I being stupid or are there no descriptions of what any of the stuff in the shop actually does? I don't like buying based off names alone...

huh? you mean food items and that?

you can see a description on the pause menu.

edit:
oh the shop! just click on it with a and get a video and describtion.

edit2:

2slow 2wonderful

CrunchyB

r1W2gpK.jpg

Jeez Nintendo, get with the times. I'm on a 60mbps line, downloading this shouldn't take more than an hour.

edit: It's down to 2:18 already. Ok, I can live with that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
On the pad there's just a rotating image of the item with no description :p

Lol. Guess it only shows descriptions in the demo for stuff in your inventory.

Keep looking I think. This sounds like when everyone thought there was no movelist in Rising.

daakusedo

So in these gifs, he makes the moves one after another like he has already done the last move, unite gun when the first move animation is not even finished, that's right?

samalpha

Banned
Edge said that the game seemed padded.

Can anyone comment on this? This was the most worrying thing I had read about the game.

D-e-f-

Banned
I am a KIWI currently in Seattle. I have my Pal Wii U with me. I am on a satellite internet connection and can't get into the eShop is it region locked? Has any one had success using a VPN to fake another countries IP address?

I need me some wonderful!

Nintendo's digital stores are tied to the region of the hardware. Your PAL console will ALWAYS connect to the PAL-stores (depending on what country you set), no matter where in the world you are. That's how importers get their games these days. Buy import console, download import release from the eShop. No customs, no extra fees, no waiting.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So in these gifs, he makes the moves one after another like he has already done the last move, unite gun when the first move animation is not even finished, that's right?

He starts drawing in the middle of the other move.(watch for the drawing pauses)

and then buffers the input of his next action into the unite confirm.

So basically in that first gif he's doing stinger, and while stinger is hitting the opponent he draws the sword, then presses jump before confirming with x to instantly get a wonderful rising after the confirm. Then in the middle of wonderful rising he does gun and then proceeds to do the same buffer trick with Greens wonderful rising.

The two tricks to take away and apply to your game are that you can draw morphs during the actions of other morphs and that you can buffer inputs while drawing to get moves instantly after your confirm.

These tricks seem like they'll be the basic components of combo theory in this game. So people should definitely practice those timings as well as just drawing the basic forms as fast as possible

daakusedo

Ok, that's a thing I did in the demo, so it was the speed and the lenght of the combo that made me feel like there was something new.

Hoodbury

What's the story of the stock images in the miiverse community for this game? Looks like you can choose from some of the hero's to insert as drawings?

NeoRausch

What's the story of the stock images in the miiverse community for this game? Looks like you can choose from some of the hero's to insert as drawings?

had a pic of Red slapping his forehead when I only got plastic on the first level.

maybe your leader and your rank?

edit:

zlCfzRGaDXw1yOtgVB

Late to it I know but that Saur vid has made me even happier about the game. I was really hoping he'd do some videos for this. I'll never be able to reach his level but it's nice to have something to aspire towards. Unite mix blew my mind a bit in a good way. It's pretty much convinced me to drop the touchscreen as well, think I'm going pro controller full time now.

Oh and played about four hours and completely in love. Having to resist immediately going back and replaying stages I've cleared instead of moving on. If you were ok with normal in the demo you'll be ok with it in the game although I am starting to bring in the consolation prizes for continuing.

Something that I think might be worth taking note of regarding the mixer, i'd been ignoring it since I don't use items but upon investigation it turns out if you have 30 of each of the three ingredients you can make a one use Card that allows you to purchase any single item for the shop for free.
The Ukemi is now mine and all it cost me is a bunch of space veg I had no plans to use anyway!

Another small thing i've noticed regarding the games QTE segments, most of them you can start performing before the relevant character has finished spouting "UNITE *insert ability here*", a very small time saver at any rate.

And at last the Claws are mine, this is a joyous occasion. I like how each morph has one or two extra environment traversing abilities to keep things interesting.

Nosgoroth

So it is confirmed, then. I am absolute rubbish at this game. Playing the first mission (after the tutorial mission) on easy, I can't get higher than silver. This is after playing through the demo twice.

EDIT:

r1W2gpK.jpg

Jeez Nintendo, get with the times. I'm on a 60mbps line, downloading this shouldn't take more than an hour.

edit: It's down to 2:18 already. Ok, I can live with that.

I'm on a 100Mbps line and it took all morning to download and install :(

mugwhump

So does the story have any major TWEESTS that would really spoil things? I'm not asking what they are, just wondering if there are any. I want to talk about this elsewhere but I'm scurred D:

Dr.Hadji

Elysium is crazy mediocre, ditch the mates, stay viewtiful

Mediocre? I'd say it's a bit below even that. Would have rather stayed home and played through a COD story to be honest.

Oh well. Ran through the demo again. Worked on moving fluidly between all the morphs. I'm well over a 90% success rate. I'm ready for the big time boys.

kunonabi

Ok, that's a thing I did in the demo, so it was the speed and the lenght of the combo that made me feel like there was something new.

man, i cant get unite mix to work in the demo at all. when going for stinger > b,a launch i'll get a jump cancel and the morph will change but it never does the launcher.

My usual first playthrough is like this ( doing this for shmups as well): Ignoring any score and just learn how the game flows and what I have to expect here and there. Than I get back and start playing for real on hard :D.

Roubjon

Everything about this game seems amazing and so well thought out. I'm so close to buying a Wii U just for this. I'll probably wait for Bayonetta 2 and then drown in Platinum's glory.

NeoRausch

Wii U has slow download speeds for some reason, regardless of the time.

that's absolutely not true anymore. at least for Europe.
all my bigger downloads in the last two month were waaaay better than before.
early days were a suckfest but it got better.

sikma42

Banned
Everything about this game seems amazing and so well thought out. I'm so close to buying a Wii U just for this. I'll probably wait for Bayonetta 2 and then drown in platinum's glory.

I agree. This is the game that is putti me over the edge. This is the kind of stuff I was hoping the wii u would make happen.

Just...did...the first boss. Wow. I can only imagine what's next. This game is kicking the crap out of my expectations, and feels like a step up from Bayonetta in regards to spectacle so far.

Very jealous!! W101 will be mine.

Judging by the demo, you can easily get at least 50 hours out of this game by playing at least 3 times.

daakusedo

man, i cant get unite mix to work in the demo at all. when going for stinger > b,a launch i'll get a jump cancel and the morph will change but it never does the launcher.

Doing the combination for an uppercut before activating a morph should work at least.

Top Bottom