• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just reading this thread has made me go from "Well, I'll pick it up next year" to "I need to preorder this."

Right. Finally sat down to have a little go.

Just did the first Chapter.

Loving it to be honest. I thought the multiple combos thing would be hard to do but it really isn't.

Have only used the right stick so far. But it's fantastic.

Neff

Just did boss five. Yeah, that one.

If this game keeps this up, it's going to seriously ruin other games.

So final time asking, if no one answers Ill just try it out - sorry for repeating myself. Can you replay levels during the main game with your acquired powers to level up your characters or should you stick to the story playing it all once?

Salih

This hypetalk about the bossfights makes me all itchy. my copy will come this week. can't wait anymore.

@Moz La Punk
yes you can replay missions during a single playthrough.

ASIS

Dear Ninty, Fuck you for:

A) not shipping enough units so I can buy a physical copy

B) not having enough storage in your Wii U for me to Download it.

... i think I'll buy external storage in the coming days. Thinking about converting to digital for a while now, guess its time to start now?

NeoRausch

... i think I'll buy external storage in the coming days. Thinking about converting to digital for a while now, guess its time to start now?

it was time nine months ago.

So I played the tutorial and first two missions (up to the
stadium
)

I really do love this game! It's fast but once you get to grips with the morphing (and the multiple morphing at once :p), it's doable. Playing on easy by the way, feels perfect for me right now. Keeps it challenging but not frustrating.

Graphics are lovely. Of course the close ups of the characters aren't that detailed, but the game itself is just so pretty looking... like shiny candy, can't really explain.

Off to the third level!

NeoRausch

Internet speed did not allow it then..

you are excused. now go out and buy a HDD!

edit:

no, really. even without an account system inn place atm. with all the promotions going on and the lackluster retail copy distribution (what an accident!) a big HDD is really worth it.

I had to clean my fridge too..
With this and Pikmin, some eshop stuff and demos my Wii U is packed. I have to get an external drive too. Quicker loading times and no spinning drive are just too good to be missed.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just finished the first chapter of the last operation... THIS GAAAAAME!

I don't want to spoil shit but goddamn this game is awesome, love how it mixes up different gameplays a bit like in a Bayonetta but more ofter but this time, the other gameplays fucking rock. But I've got to go to sleep, I'm keeping the very end for tomorrow, I know I'm going to think about the game some during the day >_<

It's definitelly a better game than Bayonetta, it's THAT great.

ASIS

Just finished the first chapter of the last operation... THIS GAAAAAME!

I don't want to spoil shit but goddamn this game is awesome, love how it mixes up different gameplays a bit like in a Bayonetta but more ofter but this time, the other gameplays fucking rock. But I've got to go to sleep, I'm keeping the very end for tomorrow, I know I'm going to think about the game some during the day >_<

It's definitelly a better game than Bayonetta, it's THAT great.

Please don't be hyperbole. This post got me pumped up even more now.

so you guys are close to finding Bayo?
AU7Amsc.gif

wait how come you can't find any are you in Japan?

Frodo

So final time asking, if no one answers Ill just try it out - sorry for repeating myself. Can you replay levels during the main game with your acquired powers to level up your characters or should you stick to the story playing it all once?

You can replay the levels, and once you find a new member or get a power-up those stay with you when you go back to replay a level. So basically if you are playing on story mode and after finishing a level you want to go back to get a better score, all of the things you've found (including money) will remain with you. You can go back to any level at any time as long as you've already finished it once.

NotLiquid

You know it's a Kamiya game when even Easy difficulty gives you a run for your money before you learn the ropes.

The segment in the second operation where you
control a space ship
has got to be some of the most clever use of the Gamepad so far. It really blew my mind, one of the few moments where a game itself felt like it was next-generation stuff.

I love Wonder-Pink! <3

Hands off my wife chump

Sadist

did he use a whip?
I whipped him with Wonder Pink, my pretty in pink raging madame.

Unite Ball btw is a great way to make a great escape. Evaded several blows because of it. I didn't buy a lot of skills at the beginning, any tips on which skills I should purchase?

Edit: I agree with Not Liquid, that segment is pretty rad.
Especially the part where you get attacked in the ship by a tank.I didn't notice because was watching myself blow up stuff hehe

D-e-f-

Banned

a) why didn't you pre-order?
b) why didn't you buy the deluxe?

cloudyy

This game guys, this game. The beginning is already insane and then it goes on and on and on. Clever uses of the second screen, tight and unforgiving combat (I use the right analog stick), some really funny parts. So much fun and unique, glad I bought a Wii U for this game. And those boss battles, holy shit.

Frodo

Just on a side note: I've started using the right stick to draw the shapes and... I'm enjoying it more now. No regrets. Touch screen is great, but most of the shapes are so easy to draw with the stick I don't really feel the need to use the screen any more.

Phazon

It is such a shame this game is going flop even by platinum games standards.

I love this game so much :(

Start telling your friends then :D

Here in Belgium, not that many stores have it, but it shows the realistic expectation of the game. So I don't consider it to be a 'flop' in a certain way.

Also, the eShop promo was very clever. That's a lot of money completely for Nintendo, so they'll probably be happy with those results. (since they know how many people bought Pikmin already on it)

This is a game you won't see a lot in the budget bins, but one that most Wii U owners will have to buy digitally later this generation if they really want to play it :p

pulsemyne

Best game on the WiiU and easily the best game this year so far. Even better than Pikmin. It gives you the biggest shit eating grin ever and keeps hitting you over the head with more awesome.

Just finished Operation 4 (
the one with the octopus wrapping around the Virgin Victory
). Playing on Very Easy, but it's my first action game so I'm not being too hard on myself.

Oh yeah, and this game fucking rules and you should go buy it now. It's a Western/Japanese Saturday morning cartoon that you can play with.

Rvaisse

i'm about to start a second run of the game..

What could i say..
Go get a copy.. Like right now....

And if you've played 3/4 hour through the game, you know what?
Good news.. You have seen nothing !

Platinum + nintendo = EPIC

Played about 7 hours (got it on Thursday).

Absolutely amazing so far, for some reason it really reminds me of God of War with regards to the boss fights and 'epic' feeling with of course a totally different art style.

As I have said in the WiiU GPU thread, this game is also very, very technically impressive. 720p native, 60fps with no drops, no screen tearing and really impressive depth of field, lighting, fire, reflection and particle effects.

It's the best looking game on WiiU by far.

The controls are also very good and responsive, I use the pro controller with no issues at all.

Top Bottom