• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

I got the game yesterday I'm in the same boat, expert is too easy and Ultimate is too hard. I'm still enjoying the game though.

Play vs. battles, the status effects will up the difficulty of expert scores just enough for you probably. Kind of creates a middle-ground between expert and ultimate.

So I played yesterday and could choose a lot of members for my party. I just booted the game again and can only choose between five now. What's up with that? I ha like 4 pages of characters and now I obly have the five I've previously picked. Other players in the same boat?

Robin64

So I played yesterday and could choose a lot of members for my party. I just booted the game again and can only choose between five now. What's up with that? I ha like 4 pages of characters and now I obly have the five I've previously picked. Other players in the same boat?

That was just the choice of your starting party, but now you have to unlock the others.

kirby2096

I recently got a PS4, Destiny, and Infamous: Second Son, along with a wireless Gold headset. Currently, the PS4 's main use is to charge the Gold headset that I use for Curtain Call.

I don't regret a thing.

You know you don't need to use the Gold headset's battery to use it in wired mode, right?

Robin64

o94B91O.jpg

Now I need to figure out if resetting to 1 is worth it, if I should spend my collected cards on these guys, or train up new better characters I may unlock and spend the cards on them. Lots of choices!

kierwynn

Is there any benefit to resetting your characters? My whole team is nearly 99 (Prishe and Y'shtola have been 99, Celes is like 97 and Hope is 93)- I was just planning to level other people, but if resetting is useful...

Robin64

Is there any benefit to resetting your characters? My whole team is nearly 99 (Prishe and Y'shtola have been 99, Celes is like 97 and Hope is 93)- I was just planning to level other people, but if resetting is useful...

Resetting increases the character's CP by 10 each time, up to a maximum of 99.

zroid

Banned
I know it's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, but I'd love to see some KH songs/characters as DLC.

They should make a Theatrhythm Squaresoft and a Theatrhythm Enix, each comprised of songs from various properties created by each of those companies (FF excluded).

linko9

Nobody picks 8bit/16bit tracks online, it's a bit depressing, haha.

I actually get a lot with japanese players, but yeah, it's rare to get the early music otherwise. But I think that gives me an advantage often, since I know the songs they're picking, but they might not know the ones I'm picking.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They should make a Theatrhythm Squaresoft and a Theatrhythm Enix, each comprised of songs from various properties created by each of those companies (FF excluded).
There should be a Theatrhythm game for every franchise with good music: Castlevania, Dodonpachi, etc.

daydream

Banned
I actually get a lot with japanese players, but yeah, it's rare to get the early music otherwise. But I think that gives me an advantage often, since I know the songs they're picking, but they might not know the ones I'm picking.

It seems to me that most people choose the more popular 8/16bit songs though. Though it's more like nobody chooses songs from 1-3.

Huh, maybe just my luck then. :)

Robin64

People really need to stop adding the level 10 "A hilly start and a guardian spirit" Chaos Map to their Proficards.

Ventara

Hey guys, I've been using the same 4 characters so far. Is that a good idea, or should I be switching them up? Also, is there a faster way to level them up later on? And speaking of characters, is there any particular ones I should be using, or are they all the same?

People really need to stop adding the level 10 "A hilly start and a guardian spirit" Chaos Map to their Proficards.

I'll update mine once I get a new Chaos Map. I kinda suck at these rhythm games.

I'd rather not say what I would do for a Nihon Falcom Rhythm game....

OMG, I would freak out if this happened. So many awesome tracks.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey guys, I've been using the same 4 characters so far. Is that a good idea, or should I be switching them up? Also, is there a faster way to level them up later on? And speaking of characters, is there any particular ones I should be using, or are they all the same?

I'll update mine once I get a new Chaos Map. I kinda suck at these rhythm games.

OMG, I would freak out if this happened. So many awesome tracks.

I usually switch them up once I start hitting max level 99 with the characters, also I switched around a few myself just to test around and have fun with skills. As for leveling, I find Quest Medley fun since it's just a random bunch of songs thrown at you so you just keep playing instead of spending time deciding on songs, so you probably level a bit faster. I think they have increased EXP in that mode as well, not exactly all sure how it works though.

Seriously? They dont know what they are missing. What are the parties mostly composed of?

Ha I'm the same I'm always picking 8 and 16 bit tracks like Mystic Quest Battle 1, Battle on the Bridge, FF3 battle. I still need to play more online, finally tried to out yesterday against other random Expert players, got my rank up to like 421

ohlawd

k I just retired my 12th character. That's enough for now.

I wanna keep 8 to use until they get to 99 CP. Will keep using Yuffie and Cosmos so that's 6 left. This sucks ;_;

The (un)lucky recipients:

Rydia
Terra
Celes
Tifa 1
Prishe
Ashe
Fran
Lightning 1
Tifa 2
Serah

daydream

Banned
mweheheh

daydreaming, I swear to you I changed mine.

I'm up for some online later if you are.

Seriously? They dont know what they are missing. What are the parties mostly composed of?

Well, like others have pointed out, it might just be in my experience. Granted, I haven't played a *ton* of online.

Let's just say that Cloud and/or Tifa were in most of those parties. :p

Hugstable

Banned
k I just retired my 12th character. That's enough for now.

I wanna keep 8 to use until they get to 99 CP. Will keep using Yuffie and Cosmos so that's 6 left. This sucks ;_;

The (un)lucky recipients:

Rydia
Terra
Celes
Tifa 1
Prishe
Ashe
Fran
Lightning 1
Tifa 2
Serah

Wait how do you get characters to 99 CP? I got 5 characters to level 99 and another 3 are at like level 50's, but I don't know what retiring is. I would love more CP though, some of these skills can be really costly

Dominator

Was playing a song in a higher level Quest Medley and then the notes started spinning and it fucked me UP. I mean damn I got so confused lol

Ventara

I usually switch them up once I start hitting max level 99 with the characters, also I switched around a few myself just to test around and have fun with skills. As for leveling, I find Quest Medley fun since it's just a random bunch of songs thrown at you so you just keep playing instead of spending time deciding on songs, so you probably level a bit faster. I think they have increased EXP in that mode as well, not exactly all sure how it works though.

You already have a few characters at Lv99? I need to step up my game. Anyways, yeah, I'll probably level up my characters in the Quest Medley. I just need to hone my skills a bit more since I suck at rhythm games.

Any recommendation on good characters to use, or does it not matter much?

ohlawd

Wait how do you get characters to 99 CP? I got 5 characters to level 99 and another 3 are at like level 50's, but I don't know what retiring is. I would love more CP though, some of these skills can be really costly

every reset grants you another 10 CP.

so 1* characters should cap at 60 CP instead of 50.
3* at 80... so yeah, 5 resets for 99 CP

ohlawd

Got a time estimate?

Welp, time to start resetting! Thanks for the info also.

yikes, I google'd around just to see if I'm even right about 5 resets for 99 CP.

It's actually 10.... nooooo

Reset 1: 10 CP (60 max at Lv 99)
Reset 2: 8 CP (68 max at Lv 99)
Reset 3: 8 CP (76 max at Lv 99)
Reset 4: 6 CP (82 max at Lv 99)
Reset 5: 6 CP (88 max at Lv 99)
Reset 6: 4 CP (92 max at Lv 99)
Reset 7: 2 CP (94 max at Lv 99)
Reset 8: 2 CP (96 max at Lv 99)
Reset 9: 2 CP (98 max at Lv 99)
Reset Last: 1 CP (99 max at Lv 99)

Ventara

Got a time estimate?

yikes, I google'd around just to see if I'm even right about 5 resets for 99 CP.

Reset 1: 10 CP (60 max at Lv 99)
Reset 2: 8 CP (68 max at Lv 99)
Reset 3: 8 CP (76 max at Lv 99)
Reset 4: 6 CP (82 max at Lv 99)
Reset 5: 6 CP (88 max at Lv 99)
Reset 6: 4 CP (92 max at Lv 99)
Reset 7: 2 CP (94 max at Lv 99)
Reset 8: 2 CP (96 max at Lv 99)
Reset 9: 2 CP (98 max at Lv 99)
Reset Last: 1 CP (99 max at Lv 99)

Oh man, that sounds like a lot of grinding. Don't tell me there's a trophy for doing that for all the characters? I'll probably just do that for my fav 4 characters at most.

Teknoman

Well, like others have pointed out, it might just be in my experience. Granted, I haven't played a *ton* of online.

Let's just say that Cloud and/or Tifa were in most of those parties. :p

Figures. Nothing against that era but I bet the majority of parties will be from VII, VIII, X, and XIII.

Pikma

Banned
I ran out of gaming budget for the month, will have to buy the game in October. Hopefully you guys are still playing it by then

Oh dammit, I had just assumed it was 5 too. Lightning-sama will take a little more work to unlock her full glorious potential. :( (I actually have no idea who I want to use final team-wise. I need to finish unlocking all the characters first, really.)

Swamped

Banned
Ok, so my plans for this evening fell through and I'm secretly super relieved because it means I can play more! SO if anyone is up for online, lmk (expert).

Top Bottom