• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

I'm gonna lose all our matches anyway, right? :p

nah whatever, keep using your trained party. low level parties are kinda boring since they don't have access to the good stuff yet.

At least I put in a Rare map on mine. It's a Short Journey, but it's there.

Somnid

I still don't see what the point of the RPG distractions in this game are. I understand they want to show off the RPG roots and give some reason to have different characters but it adds absolutely nothing to this game. It's skill-based, you either are good enough to clear the song or you aren't.

I do really appreciate the button mode though. I still think stylus is more fun but when playing on the bus or somewhere without complete stability it's a great option.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok ok, judgement is the goddamn blue shell in this game. Also never doing OWA online for a while.
Yeah, every time it says "We used Judgement" I feel bad, lol (but then you use Monster Buff and the feeling goes away). Still, you are wrecking me, I need to practice more!

Also, for some reason many slide inputs are failing to be recognized, even though I'm sure I did them right. That's no excuse, of course, but it's annoying considering I was doing well yesterday.

EDIT: that Judgement right now was a blue shell indeed, it costed me the fight 3 seconds before the end :(

ohlawd

That never happened, lmao.

Edit: Close rematch, so far! Also, I should stop looking away when the cards are revealed.

not anymore lol

surprisingly, I don't mind getting hit by Judgment. The other Bursts like random speed, the zooming in on the last second, wavy... I hate those.

Got my first All-Critical. Don't think I even got one in the first game. It also put me over 20,000 Rhythmia.
994614_868658056480039_2679791094077591660_n.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I still don't see what the point of the RPG distractions in this game are. I understand they want to show off the RPG roots and give some reason to have different characters but it adds absolutely nothing to this game. It's skill-based, you either are good enough to clear the song or you aren't.

I had the same curiosity myself, then I played some of the more challenging quest medleys with a low level party. Even getting a perfect chain with an S-rank I still failed to kill some of the bosses due to poor stats and skills. One final boss showed up after 3 monsters, so I needed to take them out first before the song ended, and without an appropriate party, it was downright impossible. Switched up to my main group and the difference was night and day.

But yea, soloing songs randomly and not playing vs. and the stats are kind of meaningless. Even still, it's a bit too overbearing and not implemented well, but I mess with my skills every 10 levels or so just for basic upkeep.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Online play is great, but only being able to play battles definitely gets a little tiresome after a while. I'm gonna play some FMS now, to change things a bit.

Great game, New Vegas Dog!

LuuKyK

I am having SOME trouble with these FMS's on Extreme. lol Not all of them, but most of them.

Can't imagine how hard they are on Ultimate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just had my "aha" moment with button controls - holding the hold->flicks way past the flicks have all but eliminated my control problems.

SSS ULTIMATES HERE I COME

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, because that wouldn't go unnoticed. I didn't even know I messed up the all-critical till the results screen hahahaha... I was so happy for 5 seconds.

Also Force Your Way Ultimate. WTF.
If you can survive the intro then the rest is okay.

It's one long-ass intro though. :(

---

I wonder if I should even bother resetting Auron. I think the best setup is the ff, but it only uses 42CP.
- Lv3 Dark (+150 STR)
- Lv3 Focus (Full STR every 15 hold triggers)
- Added Cut (Full STR attack every 3 reactive abilities triggered)
- Scare (ejects 2nd enemy)

I still have enough CP to swap Scare with Lv2 Strength Up, Lv3 Armor Break, Lv2 Focus or Lv2 Dark. He's frighteningly strong with an reactive ability spammer like Vivi because of Added Cut.
-

Anustart

Dag nabbit. Had a 385 chain on Dancing Mad Ultimate, then I flubbed it when my girlfriend decides to tell me I have to see this video and shoves her phone in my face lol.

Mupod

Wait, so you can only get the shard rewards from a quest medley map once? Guess I should just abandon the one I restarted then.

zroid

Banned
I cannot do series of rapid-fire slide triggers in opposite directions of each other. My fingers are simply not nimble enough. :|

kierwynn

Dag nabbit. Had a 385 chain on Dancing Mad Ultimate, then I flubbed it when my girlfriend decides to tell me I have to see this video and shoves her phone in my face lol.

My boyfriend broke my chain earlier while he was watching football. I was really concentrating and something happened on the game and he like yelled which startled me and made me jump and almost drop my 3DS. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
In a nutshell, you hold up to move up, and down to move down. Velocity doesn't matter as the game won't 'overshoot' if you're moving in the right direction, so extreme up and extreme down on the nub to correspond with the direction works.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Got fucking wrecked online today, a guy even perfect chain'd me. I love how I always cast HP Swap or Chain Attack (after dropping it) and I always get cast Judgement or Monster Buff right before a bunch of slide triggers.

flawfuls

How exactly is experience determined in this game? I assume it factors in difficulty, performance and monsters killed/distance travelled, but I have this one quest where the battle stages give me like 20-40k exp for expert levels songs for seemingly no reason. It's nuts, my goes go from 1 to 99 over the course of one quest. On every other map I've get like 5k at best.

How exactly is experience determined in this game? I assume it factors in difficulty, performance and monsters killed/distance travelled, but I have this one quest where the battle stages give me like 20-40k exp for expert levels songs for seemingly no reason. It's nuts, my goes go from 1 to 99 over the course of one quest. On every other map I've get like 5k at best.

Is that a long quest? 1-99 in one map? Share it to GAF!

Jasconius

Magic pots maybe? I know in the first game I got a dark note with 2 magic pots in the battle stage and they would give 20k exp every time~

Basically, the exp rewards for battle stages differ for sure depending on which monsters you beat up - I know there are other things that factor in too though such as difficulty of song.

Top Bottom