• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

flawfuls

Is that a long quest? 1-99 in one map? Share it to GAF!

Sure. How do you share maps? Just have an online battle?

Magic pots maybe? I know in the first game I got a dark note with 2 magic pots in the battle stage and they would give 20k exp every time~

Basically, the exp rewards for battle stages differ for sure depending on which monsters you beat up - I know there are other things that factor in too though such as difficulty of song.

Oh it definitely has those pots, that must be it.

Most likely magic pots at the end of a long quest medley?

It's a short quest and I think the pots are in like every single battle map. I got it from some random online match. Someone was clearly very lucky.

PM'd you my FC. Unfortunately I won't be online for long long time.

The map sounds really yummy. It should make resetting a lot more bearable.

Ventara

Yeah sure.

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna give the map a go right now!

But WOW, that was my first online battle and boy was it hectic. Disappearing notes, notes stretching back and forth, and ones that just shoot across the screen. Holy crap, did I lose that one badly.

Edit: Ow, my hand! These Expert songs are making me grip my 3DS too hard. I suck at rhythm games and have been playing on Basic, so these songs are a bit tough for me. I'll have to give my hand a rest and come back to the map later. I can only imagine what Ultimate songs are like.

Edit: Ow, my hand! These Expert songs are making me grip my 3DS too hard. I suck at rhythm games and have been playing on Basic, so these songs are a bit tough for me. I'll have to give my hand a rest and come back to the map later. I can only imagine what Ultimate songs are like.
If you have a few attempts at ultimate while you'll lose pretty quickly when you switch back to expert everything will all of a sudden feel really slow.

Kouriozan

I got that level 60 map with some battle giving 500 exp >.<
Of course I shouldn't be surprised with my luck :lol

Someone is online to share the magic pot map now?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How exactly is experience determined in this game? I assume it factors in difficulty, performance and monsters killed/distance travelled, but I have this one quest where the battle stages give me like 20-40k exp for expert levels songs for seemingly no reason. It's nuts, my goes go from 1 to 99 over the course of one quest. On every other map I've get like 5k at best.
Do you mind if I ask you to share it with me later today? Sounds like a great quest map!

Yeah, that map sounds really nice. Let's be sure to spread it around GAF in a viral fashion. :)
Sounds like the Theatrhythm version of Pokerus, lol

Falk

that puzzling face
That map is probably the most important thing in the OT and needs a code name now so that we have a quick way of referring to it rather than "hey can someone share that map, you know the one with two magic pots in a row that lets you level from 1 to 99 in one short medley??"

CODE &#937;

flawfuls

That map is probably the most important thing in the OT and needs a code name now so that we have a quick way of referring to it rather than "hey can someone share that map, you know the one with two magic pots in a row that lets you level from 1 to 99 in one short medley??"

CODE &#937;

I think I should be more accurate information about the map. The game labels it as a short map but it's more like medium length (~13 songs depending on the route with ~10 battle and 3-4 FMS). It probably could take one character from 1 to 99 is you straight SSS all the songs and if the rest of the team are killing machines, but it's more likely to get you to 75-90 if you are playing at about S level with a decent team.

That being said the best way I found to get EXP from the map isn't to do the whole thing over and over, but rather get to the checkpoint thing before the cave on the first screen and when you get to the final boss let it kill you so you can quickly redo the cave part over and over.

I think all of the battle maps that aren't boss fights have the magic pots. The earlier maps in "only" give about 10k EXP, but the ones in the cave give 20k-40k. The FMS maps give normal amounts.

Also I could just be lucky, but I'm pretty sure the map has a lot of EXP hound and EXP up scroll drops.

Ventara

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but completing the map with S scores gives me between 4-12K on the first map and 8-18K on the second map. Maybe I went down the wrong path. Anyways, it still got my Lv50 character to Lv89, so I'm guessing 2 runs through the map will get me from 1-99, which is still FANTASTIC.

And yeah, I was wondering if I could let myself die before the last boss so that I could replay some songs. I'll give that a try next time.

Petrie

Banned
I guess I have to catch up on a bit here, as there's apparently a map to power level now?

I wonder how long till there's an easy to understand FAQ on this game's systems, this is my least favorite part of games like this that don't explain things particularly well. Part of me hates that I'm this type of OCD where I can't just pick the characters I like and enjoy the game and instead want to min/max everything. Blergh.

flawfuls

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but completing the map with S scores gives me between 4-12K on the first map and 8-18K on the second map. Maybe I went down the wrong path. Anyways, it still got my Lv50 character to Lv89, so I'm guessing 2 runs through the map will get me from 1-99, which is still FANTASTIC.

And yeah, I was wondering if I could let myself die before the last boss so that I could replay some songs. I'll give that a try next time.

Well that is what I usually get. I guess I get SS pretty often, but I think the main thing is to have a team that does a lot of damage.

Oh and I think the best route is probably along the bottom the whole time.

suzu

I'd like to get in on that magic pot chaos map too. If anyone that has it and is free, let me know! My FC is in my GAF profile.

Ventara

Well that is what I usually get. I guess I get SS pretty often, but I think the main thing is to have a team that does a lot of damage.

Oh and I think the best route is probably along the bottom the whole time.

Ah, I took the top route. I'll give the bottom one a try next.

Kouriozan

Taking the bottom path in the cave then you take up boss (Duodecim track) gives you 40k exp (secret character spoiler), oh and it's not magic pot but those 3 blobs thing, dunno what it's called.
I am almost done so I'll be able to share it soon.

EDIT : Looks like it's the max exp limit as the battle after give you exactly the same.

Kouriozan

Sorry for the double post, but I just finished it and will refresh the thread for the next 30 mins.
If you want the map, add me (FC : 2363-5620-4489), tell me your FC and start a battle, it should be quick.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, there's still songs to unlock. Got 22k rms & got
Dungeon Hero X's Theme from FF Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

suzu

Sorry for the double post, but I just finished it and will refresh the thread for the next 30 mins.
If you want the map, add me (FC : 2363-5620-4489), tell me your FC and start a battle, it should be quick.

Added you! My FC is: 1907-8574-3096

Is there a pre-requisite for unlocking songs to listen to in the museum? I only have all the FF1 songs and want them all. Been playing for an hour or so.

Robin64

GIMME THE MAP

Actually I'm at work for another 3 hours yet. But then when I get home, someone better GIMME THE MAP.

bodine1231

Whats the best/fastest way to level up a character? I just unlocked one and want to use him in my party but he brings me down to much in quest mode and can't beat the boss.

I'd like to get in on this map also. Added you, my FC is 1418-7585-0621

suzu

Is there a pre-requisite for unlocking songs to listen to in the museum? I only have all the FF1 songs and want them all. Been playing for an hour or so.

Just gotta keep getting more rhythmia.

Whats the best/fastest way to level up a character? I just unlocked one and want to use him in my party but he brings me down to much in quest mode and can't beat the boss.

Quest Medley mode, pretty much. Go through some non-boss stages to bring up their levels a bit if you're having trouble.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I should be more accurate information about the map. The game labels it as a short map but it's more like medium length (~13 songs depending on the route with ~10 battle and 3-4 FMS). It probably could take one character from 1 to 99 is you straight SSS all the songs and if the rest of the team are killing machines, but it's more likely to get you to 75-90 if you are playing at about S level with a decent team.

That being said the best way I found to get EXP from the map isn't to do the whole thing over and over, but rather get to the checkpoint thing before the cave on the first screen and when you get to the final boss let it kill you so you can quickly redo the cave part over and over.

I think all of the battle maps that aren't boss fights have the magic pots. The earlier maps in "only" give about 10k EXP, but the ones in the cave give 20k-40k. The FMS maps give normal amounts.

Also I could just be lucky, but I'm pretty sure the map has a lot of EXP hound and EXP up scroll drops.
flawfuls
Found the map to the treasure
(Today, 08:28 AM)

I have a question, are these maps randomly generated? Are the ones I unlock in my Quest Medley mode different from anybody else's?

Thanks for the find Flawful, and thanks for the trade Kouriozan. Good battle btw :)

Edit - Added myself to the OT Excel finally now that I got a little bit of time. Also left preferred difficulty blank since I'm fine with anything anyone wants to toss my way.

Wow, this map delivers. Way easier to swap characters or restart them at level 1 now. Thanks man.

I am using Zidane, Cloud, Terra, and Warrior of Light. Is Vivi better than Terra? Or maybe swap WoL for Vivi so I can capitalize on team-wide magic boost that I think Terra has?

I don't want to swap dudes all the time, I'd rather have something that can work as a jack of all trades.

suzu

Cool. What's the fastest way to do that? I've just been skipping stuff and playing songs I like.

You can get extra rhythmia by playing the daily top hits in Music Stages mode. Some other bonuses you can go for: using a full party of only male or only female characters.. Or using only characters from the same game while playing a song from said game. That kind of thing.

But basically, you'll unlock more things as you play the game. Check out the other modes too.

kierwynn

I got woken up earlier than I wanted and I was about to go back to sleep cause I'm really tired, but then I checked this thread and saw the whole map thing... Now I'm waiting on devious.one to complete the map so I can get it. The thirst is real. lol

Also, I think FFX final battle on ultimate is my favorite song to play right now. It's just really fun.

Top Bottom