• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind getting in on this map trading but I'm at work, so I can't play for a few hours. If someone would be able to play a quick match later today (5 EDT or later) that'd be awesome. FC is in my profile, just PM and we can figure something out.

Are there any other good maps floating around to grab? Any maps with rare rewards like black crystals? Are black crystals even offered as a completion reward? My problem is that I'm fine with expert songs, but ultimate songs not so much. So, I'm not going to be able to pass the higher level quests, which I assume are going to have the really good rewards.

I just grabbed this over the weekend and I'm having a ton of fun with it. One weird thing though; I can only get a "Good" on hold lines that end with a slide on FMS stages. I don't know if I'm holding the direction for too long while I direct the target over the midpoints, or if I am just spazzy and always slide too early, or what. I'm pretty consistent with criticals on one-off slides and holds that just end with a release, so I don't know.

Anyone else have this issue? How'd you overcome it?

suzu

Are there any other good maps floating around to grab? Any maps with rare rewards like black crystals? Are black crystals even offered as a completion reward? My problem is that I'm fine with expert songs, but ultimate songs not so much. So, I'm not going to be able to pass the higher level quests, which I assume are going to have the really good rewards.

Could always play against randoms online and hope they have decent maps attached to their card. And yeah, there are low level maps with rare color shards.

If high level maps are a problem, you could always fail the first song and it will give you a new map that is a few levels lower. There are also certain items that can change the difficulty level of a song. They're one-time uses though.

hutna

How is everyone liking the vs mode? Definitely going to get at least one copy, but debating getting two so my partner and I can play each other. Is it worth a second copy?

I just grabbed this over the weekend and I'm having a ton of fun with it. One weird thing though; I can only get a "Good" on hold lines that end with a slide on FMS stages. I don't know if I'm holding the direction for too long while I direct the target over the midpoints, or if I am just spazzy and always slide too early, or what. I'm pretty consistent with criticals on one-off slides and holds that just end with a release, so I don't know.

Anyone else have this issue? How'd you overcome it?

If you're using the buttons, it interprets your directional input for the hold as an input for the slide as soon as it's in range, resulting in a good as soon as the input's in range. I overcame this by no longer using the buttons for FMS stages.

kierwynn

How is everyone liking the vs mode? Definitely going to get at least one copy, but debating getting two so my partner and I can play each other. Is it worth a second copy?

I think so. Initially, my boyfriend was just playing my copy when I was busy, but we just got him his own copy and it's been great. It's really fun being able to play together and vs is pretty fun.

zruben

Banned
a little question here guys.

why is there a "delete" button on the Quests Medley menus?.. why would I want to erase a map?

thanks in advance.
also, Tifa #2 is a beast!, I was "maining" Zidane for his high Agility but as soon as I started leveling Tifa #2 up, I dumped him.

daydream

Banned
a little question here guys.

why is there a "delete" button on the Quests Medley menus?.. why would I want to erase a map?

thanks in advance.

Well, if you play online you'll get tons of duplicates for the lvl. 10 map everyone starts out with. No reason to keep those.

If you're using the buttons, it interprets your directional input for the hold as an input for the slide as soon as it's in range, resulting in a good as soon as the input's in range. I overcame this by no longer using the buttons for FMS stages.

I should have been clearer. I am indeed using the buttons and circle pad for input. I tried using the touch screen in the iPhone version and just did not enjoy it, so I'm not likely to change my play style. I'll have to work on my technique.

Magnus

I played this on iOS and really liked the core gameplay and song selection, but damn, I just couldn't get over the atrocious character design style. It's hideous.

I almost wish there were skin options or something, maybe even a DLC pack to switch everything to a 16-bit sprite style.

I should have been clearer. I am indeed using the buttons and circle pad for input. I tried using the touch screen in the iPhone version and just did not enjoy it, so I'm not likely to change my play style. I'll have to work on my technique.

Yeah, I could have been more helpful, sorry. I was able to do ok by letting up on the circle pad shortly before the end of the hold (and entering the direction at just the moment it's required), but this can still give you a "great" if the angle is steep enough that the circles aren't close when it ends. This proved frustrating enough that I just moved back to the stylus. I hope you can find some way to make it work for you.

so once I've gotten the 4-5 characters from red shards is there a reason to keep doing maps with red shards?

I've got 1 character left to unlock (I think it's Serah, if she's red shards) and then i'm free

or is there something else to do with em?

Robin64

I like the footprints under the levels showing the route that previous players in the sharing chain took on a Chaos Map. Neat touch.

PDfWyHs.jpg

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Pretty dumb question, but I'm at more than 15,000 rhythmia and I can't find where to edit my profile and change the byline colour... where are they!? =P

Thanks!!! =D

Top Bottom