• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Razma1

I need to clear more songs first!

Button style is awesome because I use to play DDR games with a controller (don't ask, I'm weird).

I usually use one handed mode for basic stuff, buttons for BMS unless its a really hard one and then stylus for all the rest. It's nice to be able to switch.

suzu

Apparently there's a chaos map that is like 99% FMS. If anybody gets that, let me know because I'd like to have it. lol

SoulUnison

Banned
So I've got my first character to 99 (Zack,) but I don't think I'm actually understanding the way stats and abilities matter in this game, and the game itself didn't really explain things much beyond "here's how to set things up" and "good luck!"

Can I mess up building a character?
What should I be aiming for or doing to set characters up?
How does "damage" actually *work*?
Why wasn't Alexander considered enough of a FF staple summon to be in this game? (Poor Hope.)

Do abilities matter online? If so, is it different than playing solo?
Should I be building a specific team for Versus play?

Roubjon

Great, can you give me your fc?. I'm on mobile right now and can't check the speadsheet.

Oh fuck, I forgot that I failed the quest at the final fight because I had Auron scare the boss away. I'm sorry man I can't actually send it to you haha.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
FFX-2's songs are a missed potential:

- no Yuna's Ballad
- no Real Emotion
- no Wind Crest ~ 3 Trials ~
- Memories of Lightwaves is DLC

:/

suzu

So I've got my first character to 99 (Zack,) but I don't think I'm actually understanding the way stats and abilities matter in this game, and the game itself didn't really explain things much beyond "here's how to set things up" and "good luck!"

Can I mess up building a character?
What should I be aiming for or doing to set characters up?
How does "damage" actually *work*?
Why wasn't Alexander considered enough of a FF staple summon to be in this game? (Poor Hope.)

Do abilities matter online? If so, is it different than playing solo?
Should I be building a specific team for Versus play?

You can't mess up a character build. You just pump stats and set up their abilities however you like depending on what you're playing. Also, resetting a Lv99 back to Lv1 again will get you more CP (for abilities).

BMS = strength or magic characters (like Cloud, Terra, Zack, etc).
FMS = agility characters (like Zidane, Onion Knight, Bartz, etc), or just use one as the party leader.

Getting a Good or better on a trigger + the current lane character's str/mag + offensive abilities going off = damage.

For Versus.. Killing monsters faster will increase your EX burst meter quicker, so having a good BMS party will only help. You can use defensive characters (healers) if you have some trouble surviving. Versus is just BMS with crazy EX bursts thrown in, so it really depends on how well you handle those.

But you can use whoever you want if you're good. lol

Just played 22 matches of Ultimate no EX with my cousin and her husband.
I won 18 of the matches so I got some really nice cards!
Though I did feel bad when I chose stuff like Battle 2 from FFIX. :p

Top Bottom