• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Falk

that puzzling face
Torn From the Heavens probably.

this year's been just too busy to start an MMO although I've spoilt myself silly on the main story

I cheated, that song's actually my jam. :3

On that note what are everyone's favorite song from a game they haven't played?

I really like "Monster Ronde" from Crystal Chronicles. "Under the Weight" from FFXIV really threw me for a loop too... sounds more like an SMT track than something from Final Fantasy, but that's not at all a bad thing.

ohlawd

I cheated, that song's actually my jam. :3

War: The White Weapon from Type-0

Maybe I'm a Lion is the illest track ever tho. I've finished FFVIII and I don't remember hearing that. Turns out it only plays once.

Haven't decided songs from every game yet, but...

FFIX: Roses of May
FFX: Final Battle
FFXI: Selbina
FFXIII: The Sunleth Waterscape
FFXIII-2: Eclipse
LR: FFXIII: The Glittering City of Yusnaan
FFT-0: War: Warrior Worth A Thousand

I'm really digging the XIII soundtrack.

Griss

Bought this game yesterday evening. Already have 7 hours in it!

Incredible stuff, they fixed everything I wanted them to from the first game, and added ridiculous amounts of songs and new modes. I haven't even tried the online mode yet, and I'd say I've played only about a third of the songs.

Took me about an hour to hear the first song that wasn't 'new' to Curtain Call, and when I did it was my favourite track from the original. Just having an absolute ball with this game so far.

Two questions:
Is it worth it to play with buttons? Seems less accurate to me; and
Can anyone explain the CollectaCard Crystarium? What exactly is going on there? Are those permanent boosts or just boosts for a certain song? How does it work?

Is it worth it to play with buttons? Seems less accurate to me; and
Can anyone explain the CollectaCard Crystarium? What exactly is going on there? Are those permanent boosts or just boosts for a certain song? How does it work?

I play with buttons exclusively and do just as well as I used to do with the stylus, even on the most difficult of tracks.
It's all personal preference.
The CC Crystarium provides permanent boosts. You use cards you collect that provide boosts in sets of 8. Bonuses for "matching" cards like if you use two characters from the same game. The regular Zidane card, for example, provides +5 agility.
If you use that card to enhance a character they'll have +5 agility for the rest of the game.
You can use the Crystarium to go up to 999 in each stat and 9999 in HP, where before the max of a stat without any enhancements is I believe 252.

How do I unlock Crazy Chocobo? I need it ;-;

I'm so rusty at this game though, jumped into Ultimate thinking I'd laugh it off given how much I played the first game. Failed within 20 seconds, lol.

By buying it.
ibjNTGFtD2MiJw.gif

daydream

Banned
Two questions:
Is it worth it to play with buttons? Seems less accurate to me

Buttons seem way more precise to me (especially in terms of timing) but ultimately, it comes down to preference. Some even do a split playstyle, using buttons for BMS and touch for FMS.

bobohoro

So yeah, after 5 hours of playtime today (felt like 2 at most) here is my sorta mini-review.

The Good
  • Way more songs. Way more characters. Simply way more stuff.
  • Better playability. Chart feels zoomed out, button/hybrid-styles, sorting...
  • Quest Medley already seems tons better than the dark shrine.
  • Chime-customuzation is fun, adjustable loudness is great (can't recall if that was in the original)
  • Skills and stats matter more

The Bad
  • EMS. Many good songs wasted on that mode. Feels off compared to F/BMS and videos are spoiler hell.
  • Menues are still kinda messy. Too many layers, too many loading phases.
  • Expert to Ultimate is quite a big jump, especially since difficulty between Ultimate scores fluctuates enormously. Additional information on individual song difficulty could have helped.
  • Let me save team configurations and change them on the fly. It's annoying switching things up every other song for FMS, BMS, easy farming songs or hard challenges if you want an optimal team.

The Ugly
  • Airship sections make me dizzy.
  • Too many effects. Too much lightning, would love an option to tone it down a bit.
  • Songs seem a bit quieter, some more than others. But nothing too extreme yet.

Overall a great sequel and I will spend quite some time with it. Added myself to the googledoc (1005-9112-4690) and will hopefully get a few matches in the next days.

Two questions:
Is it worth it to play with buttons? Seems less accurate to me;

Depends on the mode and at times on the song. I play hybrid for slower songs, since my stylus-swiping tends to be a bit fast. And FMS is more stylus, BMS sees some button-use at times. Ultimately all input-modes work well.

Are there bonuses from the demo? I already started playing the retail version... About 2 hours so far.... If I d/l the eShop demo do I get any bonus characters?

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Are there bonuses from the demo? I already started playing the retail version... About 2 hours so far.... If I d/l the eShop demo do I get any bonus characters?

It just gives you more characters to choose from for your initial party, so no point since you've already started the main game.

Top Bottom