• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Jasconius

Some of the limits on stuff in this game are so sad sometimes :(

Kill 21 enemies but there is a limit of 6 items that can drop each stage...
Can only get 9999exp per character each stage...

Oh well, at least leveling up characters is fast now ;p

Just perfect chained One Winged Angel Ultimate

That sweet 505-chain...

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

Bring on OWA-AC BMS Ultimate

Nymerio

These short hold patterns always completely fuck me over. I can get through a song really well and then I get to some stupid hold pattern and I'm completely lost.

Doesn't help that expert is too easy and the difficulty on ultimate is so variable.

Tarps

Righto, I've added myself to the list, and added all you UK gaffers. Feel free to add me, and hopefully see you in Versus sometime soon!

Falk

that puzzling face
These short hold patterns always completely fuck me over. I can get through a song really well and then I get to some stupid hold pattern and I'm completely lost.

Doesn't help that expert is too easy and the difficulty on ultimate is so variable.

Well, at least now with button mode you have clicky tactile feedback on button releases to help with rhythm.

I can't imagine what original TT was like for that with just stylus.

Maybe it's just me being old and coming from the IIDX era and automatically being snide at touchscreen/mobile rhythm games

Jasconius

I second this request. FMS are the best!

I have one like this where every stage is FMS w/ fat chocobo except the 3 boss squares - they are all ultimate score, map is lvl 75. ~36 stages to reach boss. There's even a bottom path for older games and an upper path for newer ones (generally)...

Have to go to work now but I can share in about 9 hours if people are interested. I've played through it twice since getting it from a random battle and it is pretty fun to just play a ton of FMS stages!

Rafaello Battle from Chocobo's Dungeon is really fun to play on Ultimate. Helps that it's an arranged version of Battle on the Big Bridge too.

suzu

I have one like this where every stage is FMS w/ fat chocobo except the 3 boss squares - they are all ultimate score, map is lvl 75. ~36 stages to reach boss. There's even a bottom path for older games and an upper path for newer ones (generally)...

Have to go to work now but I can share in about 9 hours if people are interested. I've played through it twice since getting it from a random battle and it is pretty fun to just play a ton of FMS stages!

I'd be interested in getting this later!

Not having FMS in versus is a terrible thing. :(

Yup. It would've been fun..

are there more characters than the starting group and the ramza/crystal chronicles/mystic quest/tifa 2/etc set?

Can you get characters like Balthier, Jecht, Setzer, etc.

You can get lvl 1 character to about lvl 70+ in one sitting. Mainly because most bms songs compose of enemies that drop high experience.

Oh that sounds pretty cool. I thought it was more like a "EXP Hound hoooo" kind of thing, but that does make more sense.

I'm not sure on what enemies give out more EXP though.

Stuart444

Anyone giving out the exp map right now? I'm 0602-6494-4653 and I'd love to get it.

Same here, I still need it. (see previous post for FC).

Also just tried Under the weight which is the daily bonus one today. Got more criticals on basic than I usually do with songs I try for the first time. Think it's all the Titan HM/EX attempts lol.

RpgN

I just had my first contact with this game and left very satisfied after playing it for 1:45. This game...it's better in so many ways and I love TFF!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed the game has been zoomed out so than you can anticipate incoming notes more quickly. This game has so many refinements and changes, that it doesn't matter if the game is more of the same. Quest mode is a cool mode and the way the modes have been handled is better.

bobohoro

Finally got it in the mail today, great first impressions. Having played the original for some 40+ hours it feels like more of the same, but way more and way better. Quest medley, longer songs, better playability and the removal of the naked-bonus are all awesome. But the menues are still unintuitiv and have way too many layers, resulting in more time spending in menus than necessary, at least for people like me who like to dig through their options and party compositions.

And playing the game just makes me wish for a full-on JRPG with this kind of gameplay again. Variable difficulties with scaling rewards like Tales-Of, a good music-based story like Ar Tonelico, more equipment/skill-options and some exploration with questing on top.

Will be back later with friend-code and stuff to try online, still breaking in with expert and finding my prefered input-style, will crank it up to ultimate over the next couple of days.

I also totally forgot how uncomfortable the 3DSXL is compared to the Vita, even with my medium-sized hands. Really need the circle pad pro to hold it for longer playing sessions to not have my hands cramp up. Hopefully the New3DS makes some kind of changes for the better there.

FirLocke

My copy showed up in the post finally! I love the box art. 2 hours flew by. Have just unlocked every mode and done the first quest medley. I got the main dude from Type 0 (Ace?), Firion, Terra and Ramza. Just got Zack and a girl from XIV. I loooooove the EMS sequences, they are awesome!I was surprised to see Roses of May as DLC, I love that song. Thankfully it was free DLC!

So... I haven't done anything online in the game yet but I'm curious about this exp map and I'd like to get in on it if anyone doesn't mind sharing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Ultimate? I always play on Expert, though it wouldn't hurt to try that. Yeah, I think I could get it, if you don't mind.

TheGrue

Anyone else out there not really using items or caring much about what abilities are on a character? I leveled my original party up to 99 and just kind of stuck in abilities when they would fit. I imagine it would help with ultimates scores, where I struggle not with the ability to know where int he beat they want me to hit, but being able to swipe fast enough and have it register (was a complaint I had in the first game as well). I was kind of hoping that with the sequel there might be more of a need to have the right party/item/abilities combo to beat normal levels, but it really just seems to rely on your skill and so if you're not having trouble there, there's not too much point.

Maybe I am missing some mode or haven't unlocked something yet?

Anyone else out there not really using items or caring much about what abilities are on a character? I leveled my original party up to 99 and just kind of stuck in abilities when they would fit. I imagine it would help with ultimates scores, where I struggle not with the ability to know where int he beat they want me to hit, but being able to swipe fast enough and have it register (was a complaint I had in the first game as well). I was kind of hoping that with the sequel there might be more of a need to have the right party/item/abilities combo to beat normal levels, but it really just seems to rely on your skill and so if you're not having trouble there, there's not too much point.

On lower difficulties, the right party/abilities is mostly used to make sure you're getting the most exp you can.

They become way more important if you're doing high level quests or playing multi.

I use abilities that help Zidane walk faster in FMS and the whole team to do more damage in BMS.
The more enemies you kill the more loot you have a chance of getting.

I use items mostly to recover health after a few long quest stages 'cause I don't want to wipe out, though sometimes a skill scroll to optimize a character or get them to level faster is necessary.

Anustart

Anyone want a map that has Feral Chaos as the boss?

To shed some light, for me to beat him, it took 3x dual casted Ultimas, including one character who has 500 magic. Those ultimas still didn't kill him. Took a while after those even before he finally fell.

Top Bottom