• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

pliskinplease

Neo Member
Hi GAF, I finally got my account validated. Curtain Call just happens to be the game I'm playing right now, it's just too good. My FC if anybody wants to play together later: 3411-1378-2285. Also if anybody doesn't mind sharing the EXP farm map :)

I did not expect the Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon track to be so good. Now I'm annoyed there's no Chocobo Racing tracks.

Chocobo racing is the game that made me notice that Final Fantasy music was good. The only one I played before that was 7, and just long enough to die to a mistranslation.

I really miss the Golem theme, and its source track isn't in this game either.

ohlawd

Thanks, added you. Can't seem to find you in the lobby though.

oh god I haven't actually cleared it yet. been purposely failing the last mission so... been putting it off heheh

hold on just gimme a couple mins. gonna use teleport stones so I only need to do the last node

sorry!

Anyone around to trade me the Chocobo Map? I have the EXP map if you need it.

FC: 3480-2542-5937

Edit: Looks like I'm done for the night. I'll try again tomorrow.

Also, I went and played Sunleth Waterscape because so many said it was the best. Liars. Filthy liars. Song was subpar.

url-17.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
XIII's soundtrack is okay, but still a huge step down from Uematsu IMO.

Also Paradigm Shift > Blinding Light. Why the hell does this game have The Last Hunter instead? Bastards!

Kuzuryuu_%284%29.png

Mono

I just perfect-chained One Winged Angel on Ultimate. @_@

f0zHzf2.jpg

Is there a way to kind of manipulate what quests you get, kind of like in the first game?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm near the end of a lv99 Chaos Map and Force Your Way Ultimate feat. Spinning Arrows has appeared. The last checkpoint was 12 songs ago.
d9zoZ3l.jpg

Swamped

Banned
I just completed that level 75 chocobo map! I have that and the other premium map, the exp giving one (Level 50 one). If anyone wants them, let me know.

rataven

You can do that as soon as you have shards to unlock other characters. Before every song, you can Edit Party and switch out any characters you've unlocked.

I play hybrid, using the L button for tapping/ holds and the stylus for any swiping.

Ah cool, thanks. Weird that the initial characters are locked out again after you choose your starting team. Some of my peeps are going to end up over leveled by the time I unlock more newbies. I wanted to leave Cloud as my party leader because the faces he makes are the BEST, but at the same time, I don't want to max him out early so I kind of want to sub in Zidane or Tidus.

Anustart

Fuck this platinum class. The ai's 'luck' with EX Bursts is just fucking dumb. 5x Judgement in a row. They get a plethora of monster buff, wave speed, super speed all at the right time to fuck you.

daydream

Banned
Finally reset my party members. I guess it's good I didn't delete all those lvl. 10 maps. They'll help in getting the party up to snuff (and the red shards are a nice bonus).

Also dipped my toe into Ultimate. Some songs I can finish but others are nigh impossible.

What do you think is the hardest Ultimate song? So far, it's been Force Your Way.

That song is just mind blowingly hard!

Update: been practicing on Force Your Way. I feel I'm so close! Almost there!

If I can get this song, I can do all of them!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was super disappointed that they removed the old ones. The old ones were far better, being as they were from the mainline number series games.

Damn you, limited cartridge space...

Same here. Aerith's Theme as a BMS just doesn't work. Wouldn't be surprised if they add them as DLC though.

All Crit Fighters of the Crystal Ultimate, which is a relief imo. Always trouble with that one in the original

And since I decided that I would stick with my initial party until I had everyone (not counting DLC) unlocked, I tallied up all the remaining shards I need...128 >.>

This will take a while

Nohar

I bought this game after watching a stream from a friend, and I'm hooked. I didn't expect some games to have so many songs, like FFXI and FFXIV (I played both, so the nostalgia effect is very strong, there are even some of my favorites, such as Zi'tah, Heavens Tower and Voyager *squee*! FFXI selection is nearly perfect). Too bad they didn't include Belief from FFXI or Ramuh's theme from FFXIV.
Also, making "Good King Moogle Mog XII" a DLC song is a low blow Square-Enix. Really :'(

I was mislead though. I though the game would include Final Fantasy Adventure songs - and by that I mean Seiken Densetsu songs (Mystic Quest on GameBoy in Europe). In fact it is songs from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, also known as Mystic Quest Legend on SNES in Europe. They could have added the Final music at least, but no... Oh well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Played a few songs with a friend last night, on Expert, and I won 10-5. That felt good!

He plays on Ultimate, which probably means he wasn't used to the lower speed and smaller critical window. We then tried two Ultimate songs and he kicked my ass both times, that difficulty is impossible!

Roubjon

What do you think is the hardest Ultimate song? So far, it's been Force Your Way.

That song is just mind blowingly hard!

Update: been practicing on Force Your Way. I feel I'm so close! Almost there!

If I can get this song, I can do all of them!

FFX Final Battle can also be tricky at times. But yeah, Force Your Way is one of the hardest. Playing it multiplayer with EX moves is fun as hell!

I unlocked most of the other options last night; had a couple bad mistakes because I was falling asleep. Quest Medley is pretty neat and I like it better than the Dark Notes.

daydream

Banned
Have you guys tinkered with different chimes, yet? I think most of them are pretty bad, haha. Too intrusive. Still rocking the default ones.

frequency

I never really understand why people use chimes/button sounds. I turn off chimes/button sounds in all rhythm games because it's distracting from the actual song. I don't need a confirmation sound that I pressed a button.

I never really understand why people use chimes/button sounds. I turn off chimes/button sounds in all rhythm games because it's distracting from the actual song. I don't need a confirmation sound that I pressed a button.

I turned them off too. I just want to hear the music.

Roubjon

I like key sounds a lot in games like IIDX or DJMAX because they can help me tell if I'm off beat or not, but in this I find them to be distracting and ugly sounding.

ohlawd

I turned off chimes long ago. So many of them unocked now.

Can you theoretically equip 4 Lv 3 steals or a level of each steal and have them all work?

like kill one enemy and you get four items since lvl 3 Steal activated four times? I doubt it. No point anyway since a good team by itself should reach the six item cap. With one lvl 3 Steal, you reach the cap even faster.

daydream

Banned
lol, not the answers I was expecting.

Personally, I think the audio feedback is key in rhythm games. Didn't even know this was so contested. :p

Althane

How is damage calculated in battle? Is it the team's average, overall? Or is it for each note on someone's line?

Just curious if anyone knew. My lineup right now (Not exactly a power player) is:

Lightning
Terra
Locke
Zack

I put Zack in since he's a power character, and I wanted to hit things harder; I'm just curious how it works overall, if there's a better slot in the team to put him in, etc.

Edit: And to be relevant, I use the default chimes! Everything else sounds weird, and I like the audio feedback.

Top Bottom