• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding the value of party members as well.

What is the point of mages? Are their spells powerful enough to counter their bad strength stats?

Does your party matter for FMS's outside of the lead member (unless of course you stumble and someone else comes out)

I have no idea what skills are useful or valuable to equip.

Lastly, any suggestions on who are good (and for what) out of this group of characters: Kain, Edge, Ramza, Balthier, Auron, Jecht, Seifer, Edgar, Paine?

Robin64

Nice setup for BMS from the absolute best FAQ there is.

BMS Party

For BMS, your main goal is to kill as many monsters as you can in order to get more experience and loot.

For the optimal party, we'll be exploiting the incredibly strong Added Cut ability. The way this ability works is that after triggering three other abilities, you'll use Added Cut. Thus, we want abilities that we can use quickly to keep using Added Cut over and over. The best ability for this by far is Focus Lv 1, which will fire after every 13 GOOD or higher Hold triggers. By stacking Focus abilities, we can use Added Cut over and over. Here's our setup:

Cloud: Focus Lv 1, Focus Lv 2, Added Cut, Omnislash
Paine: Focus Lv 1, Focus Lv 2, Added Cut, Sword Dance
Zack: Focus Lv 1, Focus Lv 2, Added Cut, Meteor Shots
Auron: Focus Lv 1, Focus Lv 2, Focus Lv 3, Added Cut

We want Cloud to be the leader since he summons Knights of the Round which is the stronger summon. We use Cloud, Paine, and Zack because they are the only three characters that have the necessary skills along with a Limit Break that attacks every Boss class monster. After those two, only Warrior of Light and Auron have the necessary skills without a useful Limit Break and of the two, Auron has better stats.

With this setup, you'll be using abilities pretty constantly throughout stages on Ultimate which have large numbers of Hold Triggers and you'll be able to defeat many enemies for experience and loot. To improve this team, simply boost their Strength as much as possible while boosting the accompanying stats for the Limit Breaks as a secondary goal.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding the value of party members as well.

What is the point of mages? Are their spells powerful enough to counter their bad strength stats?

Does your party matter for FMS's outside of the lead member (unless of course you stumble and someone else comes out)

I have no idea what skills are useful or valuable to equip.

Lastly, any suggestions on who are good (and for what) out of this group of characters: Kain, Edge, Ramza, Balthier, Auron, Jecht, Seifer, Edgar, Paine?

I can only speak to the mages part, but I use Terra, which is a great example.

I equip Trance on her which amplifies her magic a fuckton after you hit 30 notes, then when she casts Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga, she pretty much kills anything in one hit.

So, in short, magic spells don't get used often, but when they do they really can clean house.

In general, you want a team that has a good combination of attack and debuff/buff skills. My group now (Terra, Squall, Ramza and Tifa#2) can clear about 8 enemies in a single BMS now, and that's not very much.

This leads to more XP/items.

Just picked this game up yesterday, and being someone that enjoyed the original, this game is amazing.

The sheer amount of songs it comes with is ridiculous. And yet, even with all those songs,I went and checked out the dlc and ended up buying wild chocobo from ffxiii-2. This is the first time I have ever bought dlc period. I feel dirty. Damn you S.E. for finding my weakness.

Portalbox

I finally got the game yesterday <3, I love it so much. I don't mind the lack of EMS from previous games at all since we got those songs converted to a FMS or BMS format.

We need more FFXIV DLC though, Good King Moggle Mog is not enough.

Portalbox

Just picked this game up yesterday, and being someone that enjoyed the original, this game is amazing.

The sheer amount of songs it comes with is ridiculous. And yet, even with all those songs,I went and checked out the dlc and ended up buying wild chocobo from ffxiii-2. This is the first time I have ever bought dlc period. I feel dirty. Damn you S.E. for finding my weakness.

It's funny, I bought all DLC except for the Crazy Chocobo song.
I guess there's a market for everything.

thanks for the info, suggestions, and guide guys! that helped

The only thing I don't get is the resetting/CP stuff? How does that work? If you reset a character to level one, do they keep the 50 CP and start gaining more with each level?

ohlawd

you have more CP to start out with after each reset. I haven't looked at it closely but basically it's the default starting CP + all the CP you gained from every reset.

so if the default is 10 and you've reset twice meaning another 18 (10 from the first reset and 8 from the second) so 28 total. 68 CP is the max for two resets so the other 40 is gained through level ups.

I have no idea how the stats affect the game. Damage numbers aren't shown, and even if they were, you wouldn't be able to pay attention to them anyway.

I just use the FF6 cast because that's my favorite game and the characters look good.

Swamped

Banned
It's really bumming me out that during versus (anyone), people keep quitting on me after one game. Am I smelly or something? I want to play at least 8 games with you!

Petrie

Banned
Can someone explain the optimal way to level using the experience map? There's lots of guides on the best 4 character party, but I'm figuring out the optimal setup to get each of my characters to 99 as quickly as possible, out of the ones I actually want to be able to use.

Then I can start to de-level the ones I really want to play with!

Help me GAF!

Do we know which ones are up?
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-dlc-update
New Songs
Final Fantasy II &#8211; Battle Theme A
Final Fantasy VI &#8211; Protect the Espers!
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children &#8211; Aerith&#8217;s Theme (piano version)
Final Fantasy X &#8211; Thunder Plains
Final Fantasy XIV &#8211; Good King Moggle Mog XII
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles &#8211; Promised Grace
Dissidia Final Fantasy &#8211; Battle Arrangement 1 (from Final Fantasy IX)
Dissidia 012 (Duodecim) Final Fantasy &#8211; Canto Mortis (An Undocumented Battle)

New Characters
Final Fantasy IV &#8211; Rosa Joanna Farrell

The question with FFII is which version; NES or PS1+?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
haha, I love this game! :D

Is SSS and perfect chain the best possible score btw??

haha, I love this game! :D

Is SS and perfect chain the best possible score btw??

SSS is the highest rank, but the best possible performance on a song would be getting a Critical on every note for a total score of 9,999,999. This gets you a badge that says "All Critical" instead of "Perfect Chain."

Robin64

Bit late to post now, but for the sake of consistency, here's this week's image. ;)

1FDtoWE.png

Roubjon

SSS is the highest rank, but the best possible performance on a song would be getting a Critical on every note for a total score of 9,999,999. This gets you a badge that says "All Critical" instead of "Perfect Chain."

It also puts a neat little crown next to your highest letter score on the music select screen

I might grab that Crystal Chronicles song, as well as Thunder Plains. Or I could just be satisfied with the songs in game and save some money...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad I picked a $20 eShop card when they were on sale. Did that "just in case" and looks like it's gonna go all for Theatrhythm DLC. :)

ohlawd

omg Promised Grace (Crystal Chronicles) is the Veo Lu Sluice music.... everyone buy this song!!@!@

so I got that, Rosa, Thunder Plains, and Aerith's Theme AC.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I just wish they'd implement a preview function into the DLC area of the game. Having to find them on YouTube to give 'em a listen kinda sucks. :(

Yea, that seems a bit too advanced for the infrastructure to accommodate. Would be nice, but then again, its not like even the current consoles provide informative DLC previews right now either.

I do really love the little writeups about each song though!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There is a ridiculous amount of content in this game, almost a bit overwhelming

ohlawd

Aren't those card stats resetted as well when you reset a char at lv99 for the extra CP?

nope, the prompt before resetting says the following

Resetting this character will increase his or her CP by X (Max 99).
The character will retain any parameter boosts and abilities learned from items.

ohlawd

breh you don't need to hit 99 CP if you know exactly how much CP it takes for the good stuff.

I made this mistake. I have 8 characters with ten resets each... six only need 60-70 CPs for their best set up >_>

the max star looks good tho. my waifus deserve the best.

Shadow780

whenever you feel like it. permanently improve stats so no reason to not use them on your favorite characters

or are you talking about something else?

I'm talking about the same thing probably, the last selection in party screen below Ability and Items.

I just started not long ago and just been playing daily top hits, so I'm not sure if I should start using cards or save them in Quests.

ohlawd

I'm talking about the same thing probably, the last selection in party screen below Ability and Items.

I just started not long ago and just been playing daily top hits, so I'm not sure if I should start using cards or save them in Quests.

yep, we're talking about the same thing then. I was confused by your wording about saving them for quests.

I guess you can save them for now and start using them when you've accumulated a lot of good cards but with low success rates. That's when you use a good card as a base and create bonuses with your other cards to improve the success and critical rates.

I wanted Lightning to be my first and only.

it's amazing (and sad) to me how much Lightning 1 and 2 got shafted in skills. At least both have Added Cut.

pariah164

Anyone have maps that give white/black shards? I'm missing 2 characters on the white shard front, 3 or 4 shards missing on the black. Getting them randomly is taking forev.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just wish they'd implement a preview function into the DLC area of the game. Having to find them on YouTube to give 'em a listen kinda sucks. :(
Seriously, even if it was on their website, it's better than trying to find each one separately.

Oh well, might give in & grab Thunder Plains & Battle 1 -Arrangement- (wish this had more Dissidia remixes). Good King Moggle Mog XII sounds like it belongs in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Top Bottom