• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Robin64

The song in Theatrhythm is completely different from the one listed here. I would know since I downloaded the song expecting this one =_=

Heh, sorry, the song translated as "Zero" and this was the only one listed in the soundtracks on YouTube with 0 or zero in the title. If you could identify which one it really is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkP29WPQpg&list=PLB203179CF8ED0E9D

Edit: Wait, what's going on? Squeenix don't even list it on their DLC info page, it's just missing.. http://www.theatrhythm.com/dlc.html#

Edit2: Making a little more sense, it's not a song that's even in the game. It's performed by a Japanese band called "BUMP OF CHICKEN" which they released as a single. There are tunes based on it in the game, but it never actually appears and isn't part of the soundtrack. Still don't know why Square's DLC page doesn't list it.

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/BUMP-OF-CHICKEN---Zero/b3a585aa2ea05db6137f08cc7bbb406b

Question for those who are familiar with Chrono Trigger and bought the DLC song. What is that thing that randomly pops out in the background of the stage?

Shamdeo

Hopefully they'll remember on Jan 8. :x

isfs85Fl0bpTt.png

So how do you unlock songs for the music player? I was stuck without my phone during a car ride yesterday but had this. The only thing was I could only select songs from Final fantasy 1

suzu

Question for those who are familiar with Chrono Trigger and bought the DLC song. What is that thing that randomly pops out in the background of the stage?

Spekkio. He's an npc that's found in the area.

So how do you unlock songs for the music player? I was stuck without my phone during a car ride yesterday but had this. The only thing was I could only select songs from Final fantasy 1

Keep getting more rhythmia!

MrDaravon

Picked up the new batch of DLC, super happy in particular with the Bravely Default tracks. I also appreciate the length of the BMS tracks.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, sorry, the song translated as "Zero" and this was the only one listed in the soundtracks on YouTube with 0 or zero in the title. If you could identify which one it really is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkP29WPQpg&list=PLB203179CF8ED0E9D

Edit: Wait, what's going on? Squeenix don't even list it on their DLC info page, it's just missing.. http://www.theatrhythm.com/dlc.html#

Edit2: Making a little more sense, it's not a song that's even in the game. It's performed by a Japanese band called "BUMP OF CHICKEN" which they released as a single. There are tunes based on it in the game, but it never actually appears and isn't part of the soundtrack. Still don't know why Square's DLC page doesn't list it.

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/BUMP-OF-CHICKEN---Zero/b3a585aa2ea05db6137f08cc7bbb406b

The song is used in the game at a very important moment. It's probably not in the soundtrack because of copyright reasons or because they want to sell copies of the song as a single. I hope the inclusion of the song in Curtain Call indicates that the HD release will still use the song, even in the English versions.

Robin64

The song is used in the game at a very important moment. It's probably not in the soundtrack because of copyright reasons or because they want to sell copies of the song as a single. I hope the inclusion of the song in Curtain Call indicates that the HD release will still use the song, even in the English versions.

I read that the song is sung in the game by one of the characters and not the band, though. True?

Gaffi

I'm just getting back into this game after hearing of Chrono Trigger dlc. I really need to discover the exp map everyone seems to have shared? What is special about it exactly? Is there something special you have to do with in it to rake in the experience? And would someone be so kind as to share it with me? If so could you pm me please. So excited for anymore Chrono music! Also where is my Kingdom Hearts dlc? XD

Famassu

I'm just getting back into this game after hearing of Chrono Trigger dlc. I really need to discover the exp map everyone seems to have shared? What is special about it exactly? Is there something special you have to do with in it to rake in the experience? And would someone be so kind as to share it with me? If so could you pm me please. So excited for anymore Chrono music! Also where is my Kingdom Hearts dlc? XD
Kingdom Hearts is big enough to get a game of its own, which I'm assuming will happen after Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest in 2016 (after DDD HD releases during next year, fiscal or calendar). Just to keep up with a yearly KH release schedule.

Gaffi

Kingdom Hearts is big enough to get a game of its own, which I'm assuming will happen after Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest in 2016 (after DDD HD releases during next year, fiscal or calendar). Just to keep up with a yearly KH release schedule.

I was kinda thinking the same thing after they showed the DQ version. Well I'd just like more CT and even some CC music then if possible as dlc. CC still is probably my number 1 OST.

Gaffi

Does anyone have the legendary exp map(mentioned earlier in this thread) or something roughly equivalent? I'm looking to max some characters for battles and harder songs and it's taking forever in my opinion.

I've got a short map I can trade with a black shard reward, unfortunately that's probably the best I have.

How many remixes of simple and clean will there be?

Swamped

Banned
Does anyone have the legendary exp map(mentioned earlier in this thread) or something roughly equivalent? I'm looking to max some characters for battles and harder songs and it's taking forever in my opinion.

I've got a short map I can trade with a black shard reward, unfortunately that's probably the best I have.

Yeah, I have that map and a bunch of other nostalgia maps. We can play sometime. I don't need anything in return, just a few matches that's all :)

I wonder if they will make The World Ends with You DLC. The music style is very different from the other stuff, but it would be so cool!

Falk

that puzzling face
No, but it changes whether the original is in the game or not.

My point stands. A piece of recorded music has two things to consider. The first is the rights to the actual master recording, which typically belongs to the label. The second is the writing/publishing rights, which can belong to anyone from the original songwriter to a representative or even the label depending on the contract between artist and label.

The fact that the original itself isn't in the game only gets around the master record copyright. The composition itself still needs to be cleared. If you check the chain of quotes, the original query was about potential reasons it's not on the soundtrack, and what I said applies regardless of if it's the original or a 'cover' sung by in-game characters.

That's the main gist of it which applies to US copyright law. There's some differences in detail in how Japanese labels typically handle their rights, but not anything significantly different in this case.

Incidentally, under US copyright law, a cover could be done under compulsory license, which still does cost a bit, but circumvents the whole 'let's bargain till everyone's blue in the face' stage. It's still a moot point, though, as Type-0 is developed in Japan. As to why it's in TFF:CC and not on the soundtrack, who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can speculate that the contract was flexible regarding games, but not soundtrack releases. (since labels are way more familiar with music releases than games, and if they smell $$$, they're out for blood)

tl;dr the music industry today is a big mess, especially when pop music gets involved.

Gaffi

Yeah, I have that map and a bunch of other nostalgia maps. We can play sometime. I don't need anything in return, just a few matches that's all :)

I wonder if they will make The World Ends with You DLC. The music style is very different from the other stuff, but it would be so cool!

TWEwY DLC would be absolutely glorious but yeah the style is very different so I'm not sure how likely it really is. But the more variety the better imo. So glad they atleast are allowing different series music now.

I'll PM you about some matches sometime soon. Not sure how chatting really works for this game but I'll just keep an eye on my GAF PM box.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Omg the Bravely Default DLC is fantastic!!!!!

I did not know I loved that soundtrack So much

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I have a "Bracing" map, which gives you a bunch of monsters who give real good EXP.

Shoot me a PM and we can setup a time to get online and swap maps. I have all the characters, so I don't care about crystals. The only types of maps I'd be interested in are any Platinum maps if you have'em... if not, I don't care what you give me, I'd be happy to share the bracing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey guys, I am available for the evening. The only thing I ask in return is if you would "let" me win lol. I'm only 3 victories away from the 30 win trophy and since nobody plays online anymore, I can't get it on my own. :p

Thanks!

My FC is: 3711-7239-3957

Celegus

Hey guys, I am available for the evening. The only thing I ask in return is if you would "let" me win lol. I'm only 3 victories away from the 30 win trophy and since nobody plays online anymore, I can't get it on my own. :p

Thanks!

My FC is: 3711-7239-3957

Might be a little late, but I'm on now too. FC is in my profile if anyone else wants to play! I need red or black shards preferably!

Gaffi

I've added swamped, Adam and Celegus. I should be fairly free the next few days. If you want to set a time just let me know when it works for you.

I actually haven't had trouble finding games the last few days. Obviously it's not packed so maybe I got lucky, but I've found an opponent almost every time the list refreshed.

Falk

that puzzling face
So let's speculate.

- Theatrhythm: FF has DLC from quite a few RPGs that are not titularly related anymore (we could make that argument for even SaGa, but Chrono Trigger really is a stretch)

- Theatrhythm: DQ exists now.

- Therefore there's implication that FF is kind of the 'original' or 'main' entry in the Theatrhythm series (I don't expect non-DQ music/characters in Theathrhythm DQ ever for example)

Can we actually deduce potential plans for other Square Enix franchises getting standalone Theatrhythm games based on their non-inclusion in TFF:CC?

Son Of D

So let's speculate.

- Theatrhythm: FF has DLC from quite a few RPGs that are not titularly related anymore (we could make that argument for even SaGa, but Chrono Trigger really is a stretch)

- Theatrhythm: DQ exists now.

- Therefore there's implication that FF is kind of the 'original' or 'main' entry in the Theatrhythm series (I don't expect non-DQ music/characters in Theathrhythm DQ ever for example)

Can we actually deduce potential plans for other Square Enix franchises getting standalone Theatrhythm games based on their non-inclusion in TFF:CC?
Well Kingdom Hearts will be likely getting a standalone game because of how popular it is as well as the large selection of music from the series.

Celegus

I actually haven't had trouble finding games the last few days. Obviously it's not packed so maybe I got lucky, but I've found an opponent almost every time the list refreshed.

I actually had some luck for the first time last night as well, found about 10 different opponents and got some good medleys to play through. Hopefully it keeps up, I was having a lot of fun! One question though - is there any point to the characters you pick for battle mode? It doesn't seem to generate exp to level up and you don't get drops for killing enemies, so I'm not sure if it even makes a difference.

Wichu

I actually had some luck for the first time last night as well, found about 10 different opponents and got some good medleys to play through. Hopefully it keeps up, I was having a lot of fun! One question though - is there any point to the characters you pick for battle mode? It doesn't seem to generate exp to level up and you don't get drops for killing enemies, so I'm not sure if it even makes a difference.

Killing enemies fills the EX Gauge, so use your best team.

I assume that it still counts your HP, too, so you'll be less likely to receive revival penalties.

It is a bit annoying that you don't get EXP or Rhythmia online, and that they don't count towards critical charts. The whole online aspect feels like a waste of time sometimes if getting your stats up is what you're finding fun.

Celegus

I assume that it still counts your HP, too, so you'll be less likely to receive revival penalties.

It is a bit annoying that you don't get EXP or Rhythmia online, and that they don't count towards critical charts. The whole online aspect feels like a waste of time sometimes if getting your stats up is what you're finding fun.

Seems like a better way to get new chaos maps, instead of playing through my own and hoping I'll get a useful one (which is rare).

At the same time each song has a maximum number of Ex bursts that can be activated (Ex bursts are fixed duration and you can't have two running at once) so a very strong team has diminishing returns in general* compared than a moderately strong one when it comes to bursts. Defensive stats might be more important as most of the bullshit power ups** makes it harder to hit notes etc, it is about finding a balance.

*-An example is how a BMS will only drop 6 items no matter how much you kill...you just make it easier/quicker to get there
**-I find vs bad enough against the AI on Platinum where I can't out play the AI nor can I can out power-up them and win that way.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

It doesn't matter your characters attack or anything in battle mode. I've played with four Lv 1 guys against 4 Lv 100 guys, you're going to get the same critical bursts if you nail criticals the same as the guy with Lv 100 party.

What is most important: have one or two characters with a "Full Cure" ability. Because you can lose if you run out of HP. Have at least one, if not two characters, with Cure abilities.

That's the only thing that matters in battles. Your characters HP doesn't matter either, a Lv 1 and Lv 100 is going to take the same damage and deal the same damage. Its for the best, the game battle online stays "balanced" this way, I'm glad they did.

Seems like a better way to get new chaos maps, instead of playing through my own and hoping I'll get a useful one (which is rare).

Always fight Japanese players with 9999 battle ranking if you see them online Global. They always drop the most badass Chaos Maps... and you will lose lol.

Celegus

Always fight Japanese players with 9999 battle ranking if you see them online Global. They always drop the most badass Chaos Maps... and you will lose lol.

I think I originally only had the search setting set to Domestic, but changed it to International last night and mostly played against Japanese players. No 9999s, but I did manage to squeak out my very first victory against a 3000. Some people are ridiculously good at this game though, I lost most of my matches.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I think I originally only had the search setting set to Domestic, but changed it to International last night and mostly played against Japanese players. No 9999s, but I did manage to squeak out my very first victory against a 3000. Some people are ridiculously good at this game though, I lost most of my matches.

No kidding, I witnessed someone beat me in an Ultimate battle with Bursts on and they scored perfect chain, all critical, 99999.

I seriously think they're cheating, I don't know how that can be....!

No kidding, I witnessed someone beat me in an Ultimate battle with Bursts on and they scored perfect chain, all critical, 99999.

You could play one single song over and over, just get so good at it that you can basically play it with your eyes closed, that good at it. Know it so well that there's no EX Burst which can actually affect you because you don't even need to look at the chart.

You could then win about 50% of your online battles, basically guaranteed.

Maybe they did that.

fester

Banned

I'd appreciate this too, if you have some time. (My FC is in my profile.) I got this game for Christmas and I know I'm a little LTTP, but this game has been a fantastic amount of fun so far.

Kirlia

Banned

Do you remember the song? Some Ultimates are harder than others, but many are doable with enough memorization and practice. On the other hand, if they did something like FF8's "Maybe I'm A Lion" or "Force Your Way," they are probably a Theatrhythm deity.

EDIT: I bought a lot of the new DLC, and it's all pretty amazing. I hope for more Chrono Trigger songs to show up, and I'd like to see certain tracks from SaGa Frontier 2 as well.

Swamped

Banned
I'd appreciate this too, if you have some time. (My FC is in my profile.) I got this game for Christmas and I know I'm a little LTTP, but this game has been a fantastic amount of fun so far.

Definitely! I'll make sure to add you, my FC is in profile too.

So apparently there's going to be another update where they will add more DLC songs on January 8th. Are there any songs that Japan has that we don't yet?

Robin64

Definitely! I'll make sure to add you, my FC is in profile too.

So apparently there's going to be another update where they will add more DLC songs on January 8th. Are there any songs that Japan has that we don't yet?

Nope, we have the same DLC, every song. Only Krile is missing from the US/EU DLC lists.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
played a loooooooooooot of TR during the holidays while away. It's very addictive.

I feel I'm playing it "wrong" though.

I basically just play through every song on the list, game by game, first on basic, then on expert etc. I have a lvl 99 team with Warrior of Light, Terra, Lightning and Cloud that I stick with. I've also played a few quests(like five short and one medium), but I still don't quite see the point in leveling up characters etc., is that mostly for online play, or does it play a big part on the harder quests?

how did you guys play through it? mostly quests and online? Is the online still viable?

how did you guys play through it? mostly quests and online? Is the online still viable?

All I really do at the moment is the daily songs, but have managed to amass about 150,000 rhythmia this way :lol

I'm not really sure what my ultimate goal is regarding levelling up. At the moment I'm levelling up because it means you're stronger and so kill more enemies/run further which makes levelling up quicker, but, well, to what end? I just like numbers going up, really. I want to turn Fran into the ultimate Theatrhythm character with totally maxed stats. I've finally got her up to 99CP and then it's onwards to the Crystarium!

I guess it's about HP and defence and stuff mainly, though. There are songs I can't get to the end of on Ultimate and so levelling up might get me there. And yeah, some of the long quests will really take some doing.

I think what I like about the game is that it can be played however you want. I like levelling characters up even though there's no real point to it and so enjoy it for that. It's equally possible to ignore that and just play it like a rhythm game. Or you could try maxing all the critical charts. Or yeah, so much content!

Top Bottom