• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

BooJoh

Since it doesn't seem to be posted in this thread yet and people might miss the other thread:

Here's the new batch of DLC tracks for TFF Curtain Call:

Final Fantasy VII - Opening Bombing Mission
Final Fantasy XIV - Primal Judgement (Ifrit)
Xenogears - Flight
SaGa Frontier - Last Battle -T260G-
Sword of Mana ~Final Fantasy Adventure~ - In Search of the Sacred Sword
Seiken Densetu 3 - Sacrifice Part Three

Out this week everywhere in the world.

via GoNintendo

BooJoh

Mehhh. I wish they chose different tracks and added more CT/CC.

I'd love to see To Far Away Times and Dream of the Shore Near Another World.

I'd also really like to see a few KH tunes make it into Theatrhythm.

Burning Blood from FFL2 would also be amazing, but they'd probably use the vastly inferior DS remix.

Teiran

I find Ifrit's to be the least memorable primal battle track from ARR, but I'm pleased to see more representation for that game in Theatrhythm.

I hope they give us Shiva's theme at some point.

Especially the second part.

Kirlia

Banned
Sacrifice Part Three? YES!

EDIT: I will pretty much be buying all of these. The lack of enthusiasm here is making me sad.

Son Of D

I'll get Bombing Mission, but that's it really. Kind of wish we got TWEWY themes.

I'd also really like to see a few KH tunes make it into Theatrhythm.

Highly doubt we'll get KH DLC. KH will likely get its own Theatrhythm game.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I don't even WANT any of these songs, but I will buy at least one... because I want Square to keep on releasing DLC songs.

That's how this works, right? Hell, I'll give Square a $20 Season Pass right now, release any 20 songs, whatever, else you want for the next half of the year.

mstevens

What has caused this recent resurgence of DLC? I thought Japan was way ahead of us and had ended their DLC run, so we assumed it was all over? Glad there is more DLC, though!

Kirlia

Banned
What has caused this recent resurgence of DLC? I thought Japan was way ahead of us and had ended their DLC run, so we assumed it was all over? Glad there is more DLC, though!

I really don't know. I guess that once the US caught up with Japan's past DLC releases, Square Enix decided to start doing more simultaneous DLC releases for both (and EU, I imagine).

Still have no idea why we don't have Krile, though. Although the reason is probably a stupid one.

Robin64

All BMS aside from the Sword of Mana one which is FMS. I'm sure we all guessed as much, but nice to have confirmation.

Official Trailer

The show's just starting! First, cast your eyes on this Rabiteman! The only one in the world! Take one rabite, and one man, and its ..Rabiteman! Hey, pipe down!

rabite7nuzc.png

Robin64

DLC is live! Wow, no fanfare for this week from you guys. :(

Updated with the English names listed. (Updated the link to the Sword of Mana one, too, as it's from the original GB game and not the remake as the initial PR led to believe)

DLC for January 8th

BMS
Final Fantasy VII - Opening - Bombing Mission -
Final Fantasy XIV - Primal Judgment (Ifrit)
Xenogears - Soaring
FMS
Final Fantasy Adventure - In Search of the Sword of Mana

Falk

that puzzling face
The necessity of English (re-)translations seem to be really bizarre to be quite honest. It's like the people in charge of TFF:CC English localization aren't aware of the source material, only Japanese TFF:CC.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The necessity of English (re-)translations seem to be really bizarre to be quite honest. It's like the people in charge of TFF:CC English localization aren't aware of the source material, only Japanese TFF:CC.

Agreed. Some of these titles are plain silly.

suzu

DLC is live! Wow, no fanfare for this week from you guys. :(

Updated with the English names listed. (Updated the link to the Sword of Mana one, too, as it's from the original GB game and not the remake as the initial PR led to believe)

DLC for January 8th

BMS
Final Fantasy VII - Opening - Bombing Mission -
Final Fantasy XIV - Primal Judgment (Ifrit)
Xenogears - Soaring
FMS
Final Fantasy Adventure - In Search of the Sword of Mana

Thanks, Robin. I updated the DLC post.

By the by, we're getting a new round on January 22nd. :)

Sweet! :O

Kirlia

Banned
Sacrifice Part Three clocks in at four minutes or so! I'm glad they didn't shorten it at all. How are the other songs? I haven't been able to buy the rest yet.

Celegus

I'm sad that the Lightning Returns final boss theme is nowhere to be found, keep hoping it will pop up in one of these DLC packs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Invisible Depths, while an extremely cool track, probably wouldn't really work for a rhythm game. It's... really straightforward rhythmically.

edit: As in, especially as a boss-level track.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
By the by, we're getting a new round on January 22nd. :)

The only tracks missing from mainline FF games that I would be HYPED out of my mind for are:

VIII - Liberi Fatali
VII - Cid's Theme

... and I think that's it. They pretty much have all the best FF songs already in the game.

I'd love to see Chrono Cross opening theme and some of the character themes from Bravely Default. But that'd all be icing on the cake.

isitstill

Hey GAF, I haven't been keeping up with the DLC too much, and I don't even know a lot of these songs. I'd like to buy some, though. I've already bought a few, but I'd like to download some highly recommended jams.

I've got $7 in my eshop account. Anyone have any 'must play' DLC? If I haven't bought it yet, I will, based on your recommendations, until my money runs out :)

Whaddya say?

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey GAF, I haven't been keeping up with the DLC too much, and I don't even know a lot of these songs. I'd like to buy some, though. I've already bought a few, but I'd like to download some highly recommended jams.

I've got $7 in my eshop account. Anyone have any 'must play' DLC? If I haven't bought it yet, I will, based on your recommendations, until my money runs out :)

Whaddya say?

What level of songs do you enjoy? Important factor.

isitstill

What level of songs do you enjoy? Important factor.

I usually play the middle difficulty level (Expert?) , if that's what you mean.

If there's some other song level, I've never even noticed it, lol.

I'm open to anything, though. I think I'm looking for awesome songs more than crazy challenges, though. Hope that helps.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah I meant, if you were the type who went full on asian-kid on the game you'd best be recommended the really hard DLC songs.

I think you'd do well to get songs that you like/are familiar with, from games you enjoy.

Sorry if that's not being very helpful lol. Different people connect with different songs, as discussion around each batch of DLC shows.

isitstill

Yeah, my strategy has been to download songs that I was already familiar with, but I'd really like to experience some random great stuff.

I see that there's a lot of passion on this thread about various songs.

I might just download some stuff totally at random. I'm sure it's mostly good. Haha

Robin64

Yeah, my strategy has been to download songs that I was already familiar with, but I'd really like to experience some random great stuff.

I see that there's a lot of passion on this thread about various songs.

I might just download some stuff totally at random. I'm sure it's mostly good. Haha

I would also suggest using suzu's fantastic DLC post, which has a YouTube link for every single song released as DLC.

BooJoh

If you like longer songs then Advent Children's One-Winged Angel is a spectacular 6 minute ride that will also give you a decent chunk of XP for your time.

isitstill

If you like longer songs then Advent Children's One-Winged Angel is a spectacular 6 minute ride that will also give you a decent chunk of XP for your time.

Wow. Just bought and played this. Does this song have a unique monster in it? I don't remember ever seeing that huge, purple-hued thing.

I'm 36, and have played tons of Square RPGs, but have a bad memory, lol.

But good tip! I got like 11,000 xp.

BooJoh

Wow. Just bought and played this. Does this song have a unique monster in it? I don't remember ever seeing that huge, purple-hued thing.

I'm 36, and have played tons of Square RPGs, but have a bad memory, lol.

But good tip! I got like 11,000 xp.

If it was Behemoth or King Behemoth, that one's actually pretty common. Jenova Synthesis is slightly purple but not really. I don't think any of the DLC comes with new monsters though, just music and background graphics.

isitstill

If it was Behemoth or King Behemoth, that one's actually pretty common. Jenova Synthesis is slightly purple but not really. I don't think any of the DLC comes with new monsters though, just music and background graphics.

Maybe it was Jenova Synthesis, then. I know Behemoth/King Behemoth, I've fought them countless times.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. I've never really gotten into this thread before, but I'll be checking in regularly, at least until the DLC is finished or DQ Theatrhythm comes out *fingers crossed*

Is there any point resetting a character's level once they hit 99CP? I expected the option to be gone but it was there again :lol
Not at all. All it allows is them reaching 99CP at a lower level. I suppose if you used CP boosting cards and you really want your character to have the 10 resets emblem on their portrait you could reset for that.

Top Bottom