• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there any point resetting a character's level once they hit 99CP? I expected the option to be gone but it was there again :lol

There is a trophy for doing it a bunch of times (15 times?), but the max per character is 10 resets. That's the only reason I am doing it. I think the best character to do this with is, Locke. I think his best three Lv.3 abilities require like 88 CP, which makes him a good candidate for resets to have access to his best three abilities.

EDIT:
06 Reset members' levels 4 times!
07 Reset members' levels 8 times!
07 Reset members' levels 12 times

... I was wrong, you gotta do it 12 times.

Celegus

Can anyone do me a huge favor and trade me a map with 2 black shards on it? I only need two more to have all the characters, and praying for maps with black shards is more than a little tedious. I have some good maps with exp hound scrolls, 2 black shards, or any other color you might need - just let me know!

FC is 4940-6768-9518 and I'll be around pretty much anytime this weekend, so whatever time works for you.

Zhao_Yun

Can anyone do me a huge favor and trade me a map with 2 black shards on it? I only need two more to have all the characters, and praying for maps with black shards is more than a little tedious. I have some good maps with exp hound scrolls, 2 black shards, or any other color you might need - just let me know!

FC is 4940-6768-9518 and I'll be around pretty much anytime this weekend, so whatever time works for you.

I have one map which gives 2 black shards named "A gentle flat and the slitherer". If you don't have it yet I could trade it with you.

Celegus

I have one map which gives 2 black shards named "A gentle flat and the slitherer". If you don't have it yet I could trade it with you.

That would be awesome! The only map I have with 2 blacks is one I found myself, not traded for. Is there anything in particular I should put on my proficard for you?

There is a trophy for doing it a bunch of times (15 times?), but the max per character is 10 resets.

Yeah this is what I thought, but it lets you reset even when you've done it ten times and have the 99CP! I didn't think there was any point doing it again, it was just strange that the option was there because I figured it would be gone.

Petrie

Banned
So my save file is corrupt and gone.

No idea what happened.

Depressing as can be.

If any kind GAF members are willing to share some maps that could make this XP, etc grind less sad and lengthy, it would be greatly appreciated.

FC: 2509-1739-3443

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

No idea what happened.

Depressing as can be.

If any kind GAF members are willing to share some maps that could make this XP, etc grind less sad and lengthy, it would be greatly appreciated.

THAT FUCKING SUCKS.

What happened? Are yu on SD card or a physical copy? UNGH. I'm going to check now to see if you can do Save Data backup to the SD card from the physical card.

Yeah, I have a Lv.50 Bracing map that will help you.

Petrie

Banned
THAT FUCKING SUCKS.

What happened? Are yu on SD card or a physical copy? UNGH. I'm going to check now to see if you can do Save Data backup to the SD card from the physical card.

Yeah, I have a Lv.50 Bracing map that will help you.

I honestly don't know. Can't seem to find a similar issue for anyone on the internet, so it seems fluky.

I'm on a cart but apparently this game in particular does saves weird. A little research tells me even with a "backup" I'd likely be screwed because it saves various parts of your save different places.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, as losing my various lvl 99s and all my Rhythmia is not a happy thing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I honestly don't know. Can't seem to find a similar issue for anyone on the internet, so it seems fluky.

I'm on a cart but apparently this game in particular does saves weird. A little research tells me even with a "backup" I'd likely be screwed because it saves various parts of your save different places.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, as losing my various lvl 99s and all my Rhythmia is not a happy thing.

That sucks. How much Rhythmia and Play Time were you at?

I've heard of people losing their Animal Crossing: New Leaf saves as well.

That sucks. The only issue I've ever had is Etrian Odyssey 4. I have a digital version, and same thing, the file corrupted while saving.

Robin64

Should only be a few hours now until we find out what this week's DLC is.

(Rumblings are that we have Liberi Fatali, two Chrono Trigger songs, two World Ends With You songs, and a SaGa song)

Swamped

Banned

(Rumblings are that we have Liberi Fatali, two Chrono Trigger songs, two World Ends With You songs, and a SaGa song)

Woah, if this is true I will literally die from squealing from happiness. Or, more like, be out about $5...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Corridors of Time and I'll die a happy man.

linko9

Any rumblings as to how long they're going to continue with DLC? I say keep it coming till there are no more possible songs, still lots of good ones left. Let's get some Bahamut lagoon, 4 Heroes of Light, FFTA, and lots more CT and Seiken Densetsu 3!

I've gotten back into playing this game for like 8 hours a day the past week... school starts back tomorrow. Feels really rewarding to come back after a month off and immediately start SSSing songs I couldn't before.

Robin64

No official confirmation yet, but these are apparently the tracks. Take it with a pinch of salt until we see that YouTube video go up or a Square blog talking about it.

BMS
The World Ends With You - Twister
Chrono Trigger - World Revolution
Romancing SaGa - Final Confrontation
Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali
FMS
The World Ends With You - Calling
Chrono Triggers - Wind Scene

No official confirmation yet, but these are apparently the tracks. Take it with a pinch of salt until we see that YouTube video go up or a Square blog talking about it.

BMS
The World Ends With You - Twister
Chrono Trigger - World Revolution
Romancing SaGa - Final Confrontation
Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali
FMS
The World Ends With You - Calling
Chrono Triggers - Wind Scene

TWEWY finally, if true this will be a very good week

I'm thinking about getting this, I really enjoyed the demo. I never played a Final Fantasy game but I really like the music.

This is pretty replayable, right? That's what I gathered from what I played. It's a rhythm game after all. I'd just like to have something that I can easily go back to when I'm bored that will last me a while. This seems like something that would be great to play while I'm taking breaks from homework binge-sessions.

Petrie

Banned

No idea what happened.

Depressing as can be.

Quoting because I haven't yet gotten any maps or anything. Please fellow Gaffers?

Celegus

I'm thinking about getting this, I really enjoyed the demo. I never played a Final Fantasy game but I really like the music.

This is pretty replayable, right? That's what I gathered from what I played. It's a rhythm game after all. I'd just like to have something that I can easily go back to when I'm bored that will last me a while. This seems like something that would be great to play while I'm taking breaks from homework binge-sessions.

Definitely! It's ridiculously replayable and there's over 200 awesome songs. Lots and lots of stuff to do, great for short breaks.

Quoting because I haven't yet gotten any maps or anything. Please fellow Gaffers?

Sorry didn't see the first post, add me 4940-6768-9518. I'm usually around at night (10-12 EST) on weekdays, send me a PM or post here if that works for you. Do you want any specific shards or scrolls?

Petrie

Banned
Sorry didn't see the first post, add me 4940-6768-9518. I'm usually around at night (10-12 EST) on weekdays, send me a PM or post here if that works for you. Do you want any specific shards or scrolls?

The big thing for me is getting my hands back on one of the massive XP maps so I can get some characters leveled and get those drops rolling. At this point I need every damn shard again, though the black seem hardest to come by.

Shit sucks!

It's not much consolation, but your experience is going to make me back up my save, and others will hopefully do the same. So at least your loss isn't completely in vain!

Petrie

Banned
It's not much consolation, but your experience is going to make me back up my save, and others will hopefully do the same. So at least your loss isn't completely in vain!

Hopefully you can back up the correct data, because as mentioned, it is not stored the way most games store data.

Definitely! It's ridiculously replayable and there's over 200 awesome songs. Lots and lots of stuff to do, great for short breaks.
Sounds absolutely perfect for me then. Already ordered it new from Amazon at $25 including shipping. Sounds like a great deal for me given the value of it.

I'm no even a big FF fan and I'm very excited about owning this. I've always liked the music so it'll be fun to be able to listen to the series' greatest tracks and play along with them.

Kirlia

Banned

This is going to sound really stupid, but how does one back up a Theatrhythm save?

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about that lost save, Petrie.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Petrie, let's try tonight around 9:00pm CST. I have a Lv.50 Bracing Map. It's an EXP map where you fight only rare monsters... however the songs are only Expert. You can still level up a party very quickly. Let me know if you want that map, I'll add you - my FC is in my profile. I'll post in this thread around 9pm if you, or anyone else, wants to get the map.

This is going to sound really stupid, but how does one back up a Theatrhythm save?

You can only back up a digital copy. Click the little arrow on the left on the bottom ribbon next to the Manual and Open commands. There is gives you an option to create a save data back-up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
World Revolution?!

My decision to order this game on a whim from amazon yesterday is entirely vindicated.

Robin64

You can't back up Curtain Call saves, sadly.

Edit: Okay, you might be able to with the digital version. If you can, there'll be a < arrow in the bottom left of the 3DS menu when you highlight the game. Some of mine do (Mario 3D Land, Dual Destinies, Mario Kart) and some don't (Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing). I have the cart though, so can't see if Curtain Call allows it or not.

ARE those songs now 100% confirmed?

Not yet...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh. Well I hope so!

Still obviously need the trifecta of Magus Confronted, Chrono Corridor, and Undersea Palace tho.

Petrie

Banned
Petrie, let's try tonight around 9:00pm CST. I have a Lv.50 Bracing Map. It's an EXP map where you fight only rare monsters... however the songs are only Expert. You can still level up a party very quickly.

Let me know if you want that map, I'll add you - my FC is in my profile. I'll post in this thread around 9pm if you, or anyone else, wants to get the map.

Expert isn't an issue, rhythm games are my jam for 15 years or so now. sounds awesome, thank you!

You can't back up Curtain Call saves, sadly.

This is what I thought. I even looked into importing someone else's save somehow, and it's simply not doable yet. The game treats saves strangely.

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about that lost save, Petrie.

Seems like you can't. :(

Kirlia

Banned
Oh. Well I hope so!

Still obviously need the trifecta of Magus Confronted, Chrono Corridor, and Undersea Palace tho.

YES. I also want to see something from SaGa Frontier 2, like Besessenheit or Feldschlacht III. Masashi Hamauzu is a composing god.

Seems like you can't. :(

Yeah, I was surprised to hear anything contrary to that. So we've all learned NOTHING from this! Other than, uh, "Life can be a pain in the ass, and sometimes you have to find some kind of good in the bad."

There is a trophy for doing it a bunch of times (15 times?), but the max per character is 10 resets. That's the only reason I am doing it. I think the best character to do this with is, Locke. I think his best three Lv.3 abilities require like 88 CP, which makes him a good candidate for resets to have access to his best three abilities.

EDIT:
06 Reset members' levels 4 times!
07 Reset members' levels 8 times!
07 Reset members' levels 12 times

... I was wrong, you gotta do it 12 times.
Do note that the trophy is for total resets across all party members. Most magic type characters also benefit from lots of CP resets. Cosmos is another one I like. She makes Ultimate scores a lot more bearable when you have Paeon 2+3 boosted by soul voice because risk of death for shoddy players like me is practically zero (I also boosted her HP and stamina which also helps a lot).

Edit: Okay, you might be able to with the digital version. If you can, there'll be a < arrow in the bottom left of the 3DS menu when you highlight the game. Some of mine do (Mario 3D Land, Dual Destinies, Mario Kart) and some don't (Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing). I have the cart though, so can't see if Curtain Call allows it or not.
Somebody did say they cheesed the get all 8 cards to critical trophy by restoring their digital save until it succeeded.

I think as much of the problem is the message that pops up upon first starting the game about some save data being on the SD card and not usable on other systems.

Swamped

Banned
I can definitely be free. I'll add your FC as soon as I get home from the office!

Sounds awesome, I'll PM you this evening. Sounds like you might already have some maps by then, but i also have other cool nostslgia maps and black and golden shard quests. And I'll be available if anyone else wants maps or simply wants to battle (i have some new dlc and really want to try them out!)

Top Bottom