• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Celegus

Petrie, let's try tonight around 9:00pm CST. I have a Lv.50 Bracing Map. It's an EXP map where you fight only rare monsters... however the songs are only Expert. You can still level up a party very quickly. Let me know if you want that map, I'll add you - my FC is in my profile. I'll post in this thread around 9pm if you, or anyone else, wants to get the map.

I'll have to check if I have any of those. I never really knew what any of the adjectives on the quest names mean. Are there any other good ones to look out for?

Petrie

Banned
Yeah, I was surprised to hear anything contrary to that. So we've all learned NOTHING from this! Other than, uh, "Life can be a pain in the ass, and sometimes you have to find some kind of good in the bad."

At least it happened in a game where I'm not too upset about simply having to play more.

Surely copying the entire contents of my SD card to my PC will back up the save as well?

As he said above, it seems this game uses a weird cross between SD and cart where you simply can't backup the file. I had an SD card backup like you, and it does not work that way.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'll have to check if I have any of those. I never really knew what any of the adjectives on the quest names mean. Are there any other good ones to look out for?

Not really.

"Pastoral" = Nothing but FMS stages
"Fierce" = Nothing but BMS stages
"Bracing" = BMS stages have only rare EXP monsters (Magic Pot, Movers)

... IMO Bracing is the best, because of the EXP monsters. I have a Lv.50 (Expert) and a Lv.10 (Beginner). I would LOVE to have a Lv.75 or Lv.99 (Ultimate) Bracing map.

Robin64

DLC confirmed. Check out Shibuya.

B7zYW-VCUAExXf4.jpg

Anyone else got this game without much FF experience? I honestly love it as a rhythm game, but it does feel weird to be unaffected by all the fan service in it.
Same, I've never played a Final Fantasy game in my life but I've always liked the music when my friends played but I never could get into the games. This seems perfect for me since I've been wanting to play something with a lot of substance and replayability, but having great music to accompany that seems awesome.

daydream

Banned
We definitely need more Chrono tracks (Battle Theme, Millenial Fair, Frog's Theme, Corridors of Time, Wings That Cross Time, Brink Of Time,
Gato's Theme
).

World Revolution is a good start.

They are really knocking it out of the park with this DLC. Would have never expected those TWEWY songs to appear. I am still not even caught up with the last batch of DLC and I doubt I have even heard 3/4 of the default songs. Yet I still keep wanting them all so I can spice up my Quest Medleys.

Robin64

I'll be getting Liberi Fatali, Wind Scene, World Revolution, and Calling. Didn't even like TWEWY that much but Calling is awesome.

No official confirmation yet, but these are apparently the tracks. Take it with a pinch of salt until we see that YouTube video go up or a Square blog talking about it.

BMS
The World Ends With You - Twister
Chrono Trigger - World Revolution
Romancing SaGa - Final Confrontation
Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali
FMS
The World Ends With You - Calling
Chrono Triggers - Wind Scene

If it's true, then I'll just have to buy all of these, though I can't find a YouTube link for Final Confrontation.

hamchan

I'll be buying all that DLC besides Romacing Saga. TWEWY is my favourite SE game so I'm pretty excited about this. Also someone over there hasn't forgotten the game exists so that's great.

Petrie

Banned
Petrie, let's try tonight around 9:00pm CST. I have a Lv.50 Bracing Map. It's an EXP map where you fight only rare monsters... however the songs are only Expert. You can still level up a party very quickly. Let me know if you want that map, I'll add you - my FC is in my profile. I'll post in this thread around 9pm if you, or anyone else, wants to get the map.

Am I crazy or its your FC not actually there, only your WiiU ID?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Thanks for posting that video , I am HYPED for Thursday!

Ok guys, I'm ready! FC is 3711 7239 3957

Trading the Lv 50 Bracing map. Post in the thread when you're ready and I'll setup a room .

Petrie can you repost your FC my phone is acting wack and I can't load the previous page of the thread..

As I mentioned in the other thread. Fuck yes! Liberi Fatali! Finally dammit!!!
I'm really looking forward to the TWEWY tracks. I just love all of the variety in the DLC.
I'll be getting all of it of course. Can't wait till Thursday to play calling and twister. Those songs are addicting to listen to.

Celegus

Thanks for posting that video , I am HYPED for Thursday!

Ok guys, I'm ready! FC is 3711 7239 3957

Trading the Lv 50 Bracing map. Post in the thread when you're ready and I'll setup a room .

Petrie can you repost your FC my phone is acting wack and I can't load the previous page of the thread..

I wouldn't mind the map if you get on tonight. I'm currently in the friend lobby recruiting if Petrie hops on.

Swamped

Banned
I'm online to trade maps with people!

Currently have bracing, new, recent and various level fierce maps.
Also have some black and golden shard short quests.

Celegus

I'm online to trade maps with people!

Currently have bracing, new, recent and various level fierce maps.
Also have some black and golden shard short quests.

Added you, would love the bracing map. I'm still online too if anyone wants to play. (FC is in profile)

Swamped

Banned
Added you, would love the bracing map. I'm still online too if anyone wants to play. (FC is in profile)

Added you back! I have the bracing map attached. I see you!

Edit: Do you want any other maps? if we both need to exit so I can attach a map and so you can download yours

Edit 2: Wow, that last match I won by a hair!

Edit 3: Ah, I have to go Celegus, but it was super fun playing against you! Let's play again!

BooJoh

How does the trade map thing work?, still figuring the game out.

When you edit your ProfiCard, you can attach a Quest Medley map to it. When you StreetPass someone, or play against them in vs mode online, you get their ProfiCard added to your list of cards, and you can save a copy of their attached map to play through.

Celegus

Added you back! I have the bracing map attached. I see you!

Edit: Do you want any other maps? if we both need to exit so I can attach a map and so you can download yours

Edit 2: Wow, that last match I won by a hair!

Edit 3: Ah, I have to go Celegus, but it was super fun playing against you! Let's play again!

Definitely! That was lots of fun and good competition! Much better playing with someone I'm somewhat close to instead of always getting stomped by japanese players that perfect chain songs on ultimate with EX combos on.

Just played the demo using buttons, it's actually a fair bit easier for me than with touch controls. I think I like it better, it just works better for me to use buttons. Feels more precise.

mstevens

Just played the demo using buttons, it's actually a fair bit easier for me than with touch controls. I think I like it better, it just works better for me to use buttons. Feels more precise.

I like it a lot more too. So far I've only been going through to get SSS on all Basic tracks, so I'm not sure if button mode is a viable option for some of the faster Expert tracks, but we'll see!

I think that touch controls might be better for field stages, but otherwise the button controls are much better imo.

I haven't been able to get above an S in anything yet, even on the demo.

I have been playing a lot more lately with buttons. Originally I thought I would never use it because I was so use to the stylus in the original game, but I am finding the button controls making me want to play the game more often. With stylus I always felt like I needed to sit up and have my 3DS raised up on a pillow. It felt like a ritual I didn't want to bother with sometimes. With the button controls I can lie back and relax while playing. Although I do sometimes mess up the circle pad bits for FMS songs for things that I would never miss on stylus. And I would probably revert to stylus for "Ultimate" tracks for the added precision.

Quick question about characters: do any characters have specific stats that might make them more attractive to pick? Or are they simply there for fan service? I have no attachment to any character, really. I recognize many of them simply because FF characters are all over the internet, but other than that I have no motivation to choose anyone in particular.

BooJoh

Quick question about characters: do any characters have specific stats that might make them more attractive to pick? Or are they simply there for fan service? I have no attachment to any character, really. I recognize many of them simply because FF characters are all over the internet, but other than that I have no motivation to choose anyone in particular.

Characters who have high attack or learn attacks that trigger when bosses appear are good for grinding through BMS stages. Characters with high Agility move faster in FMS. I keep Onoin Knight on point for FMS and give him his ability that lets him ignore a miss so that if I mess up he's usually still there. You might also want someone with Regen.

No, because some of what you need is on the cart. The SD card deals with SpotPass, StreetPass and downloaded track info.

I have the eShop version, so in theory it will be okay...

As for Chrono Trigger, my favourite thing on that soundtrack was always Gato's. I can't see that it'll ever appear as DLC though since it's about ten seconds long!

Top Bottom