• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

suzu

Next DLC. Already out in Japan.

BMS
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo’ alla Flamenco
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel
SaGa Frontier 2 - Miβgestalt
Chrono Trigger - Frog’s Theme

FMS
Legend of Mana - Ruined Sparkling City
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Kainé/Salvation

Getting Flamencoooo and Frog's Theme. Possibly the Mana songs too. I don't remember that SaGa Frontier 2 song at all. @_@

I have Nier but I haven't played more than an hour of it..

Edit: Added the links to full dlc list.

Are you crazy

Haha yes. I like some of the themes but a lot of the tracks don't have much development to them. The rhythm is the same throughout and gets monotonous. And the melodies get exhausting after hearing them a few times. Maybe they're just overly emotional? Idk exactly what it is but I get exhausted listening to the whole OST.

linko9

OK, finally got around to finishing the songs for this week. Hope I'll be able to improve some of them!

HuXmkkQ.jpg
GTctuNE.jpg

kbKoMzJ.jpg
ICy0jvF.jpg

AWESOME news that NIER stuff is coming. Not my favorite song to pick, but hopefully they release some more.

edit: And that's one of my favorite SD3 tracks, great!
edit: Improved Crazy Chocobo score

Wichu

Wishlist just because:

Chrono Trigger: Battle with Magus (BMS)
Chrono Trigger: Corridors of Time (FMS)
Chrono Trigger: To Far Away Times (
marathon
FMS)
Chrono Cross: Time's Scar (BMS)
Chrono Cross: Dream of the Shore Near Another World (FMS)
NieR: Song of the Ancients (Fate) (BMS)
NieR: The Wretched Automatons (BMS)
NieR: Temple of the Drifting Sands (FMS)
The World Ends With You: Someday (BMS)
The World Ends With You: Give Me All Your Love (BMS)
The World Ends With You: Déjà Vu (FMS)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Is Vamo' alla flamenco an arrangement of another song in the game, or is it the source of that melody? I've heard it before, but not like this.

Next DLC. Already out in Japan.

BMS
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo’ alla Flamenco
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel
SaGa Frontier 2 - Miβgestalt
Chrono Trigger - Frog’s Theme

FMS
Legend of Mana - Ruined Sparkling City
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Kainé/Salvation

Hmm... I'm a little mixed on this list. I'm in for Ruined Sparking Clity, Miβgestalt, and any and all Chrono Trigger songs they want to give us, but I'm indifferent about Swivel and NieR in general, and I love FF IX's soundtrack but not necessarily that song.

I'll get them all, though, because I love playing this game period and because I want to encourage more DLC/the development of Theatrhythm Square Enix All-Stars or whatever.

Really hope we get Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, and/or Brave Fencer Musashi in the next batch. Also still holding out hope for Battle 3 and Last Castle from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, and literally anything else from Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is Vamo' alla flamenco an arrangement of another song in the game, or is it the source of that melody? I've heard it before, but not like this.

Don't believe I've heard it prior to that context but weirder things have happened before (serendipitous or otherwise)

Roto13

Years ago, the first time I heard it, I thought "This song sounds really familiar," but I've never been able to figure out what it sounds like and it has slowly driven me crazy since then.

I don't think I'm thinking of a song in the game.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think what's going on here is that I'm just used to a version of it Theatrhythm used as a menu theme.

Either that, or this version on The Black Mages II: The Skies Above.

Either way, the arrangements I've heard have never sounded "flamenco," so I was surprised to hear that in the original.

Falk

that puzzling face
La Folia is a recognizable harmonic progression that became a trope unto itself, from pre-Baroque. It's really no different from 12 bar blues or (shudder) the 4-chord pop song nowadays. That doesn't mean every song based off 12 bar blues plagiarizes each other.

Wiki makes no mention of melody at all. Its reference to 'main theme' presumably is talking about a section of music, (e.g. the part adhering to La Folia progression) not a reference to the melody itself.

Nohar

Won't buy any DLC songs for Theatrythm, but I'm happy to see them adding some songs from SaGa Frontier 2. I really love this game's OST.

Kirlia

Banned
Won't buy any DLC songs for Theatrythm, but I'm happy to see them adding some songs from SaGa Frontier 2. I really love this game's OST.

I hope to see Besessenheit and Feldschlacht III as future DLC, but Mißgestalt is an awesome first choice for that game.

I don't remember that SaGa Frontier 2 song at all. @_@

It's the song for the first part of the final boss, if I remember correctly.

Nohar

I hope to see Besessenheit and Feldschlacht III as future DLC, but Mißgestalt is an awesome first choice for that game.

It's the song for the first part of the final boss, if I remember correctly.

Correct. Mißgestalt is the song which plays against the final boss. Once you reach its last/true form, Todesengel (which translates to Angel of death by the way) plays in its stead. Awesome song.

I would love them to add Rosenkranz, Wasserjungfer, Manie and Todfeind.

Randomly browsing Gamefaqs I stumbled upon a post with some random statistics:
Nin3DSFan @ gamefaqs.com/boards/730860-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/71136087 said:
And for no reason, the longest, shortest, fastest and slowest songs so far:
Shortest FMS song: Chocobo Theme (FFII) (1:07)
Longest FMS song: Calling (3:24)
Shortest BMS song: Twister (1:16)
Longest BMS song: Advent Children: One-Winged Angel (6:04)
Shortest EMS song: Opening (FFT) (1:08)
Longest EMS song: THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL Special Arrangement Medley (3:20)
Slowest Basic FMS Score: "Canto Mortis ~An Undocumented Battle~" from Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy (0.71 triggers per second)
Fastest Basic FMS Score: Crazy Chocobo (1.50 triggers per second)
Slowest Basic BMS Score: FFXI Opening theme (0.53 triggers per second)
Fastest Basic BMS Score: Battle 1 (FFIV) (1.35 triggers per second)
Slowest Basic EMS Score: Lux Concordiae (0.34 triggers per second)
Fastest Basic EMS Score: Savior of Souls (0.74 triggers per second)
Slowest Expert FMS Score: "Canto Mortis ~An Undocumented Battle~" from Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy (1.11 triggers per second)
Fastest Expert FMS Score: Groovy Chocobo (2.68 triggers per second)
Slowest Expert BMS Score: Aerith's Theme (0.74 triggers per second)
Fastest Expert BMS Score: Battle to the Death (1.80 triggers per second)
Slowest Expert EMS Score: Lux Concordiae (0.53 triggers per second)
Fastest Expert EMS Score: Savior of Souls (1.01 triggers per second)
Slowest Ultimate FMS Score: Fisherman's Horizon (1.47 triggers per second)
Fastest Ultimate FMS Score: Crazy Chocobo (3.61 triggers per second)
Slowest Ultimate BMS Score: Aerith's Theme (1.44 triggers per second)
Fastest Ultimate BMS Score: Force Your Way (2.93 trigger per second) [Leviathan Battle is 2.92 triggers per second]
Slowest Ultimate EMS Score: Lux Concordiae (0.66 triggers per second)
Fastest Ultimate EMS Score: Advent: One-Winged Angel (1.58 triggers per second)
Looks like Chaos Shrine got knocked off the shortest BMS throne by Twister. The only surprising thing about Crazy Chobobo is it is not the "fastest" expert FMS (I'd use the phrase note density instead myself).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They opened the Nier pandora's box, now there's no turning back SE. I want every song as Theatrhythm DLC.

bobohoro

Getting scores while talking to people for half the song is surprisingly effective:

J0f9OWP.jpg

But yeah, All-Crit would be possible, I don't have the patience to grind it out however.

feVfhkL.jpg

Would have loved to SSS, but my 3DS started acting up again right when I was showing some improvements. Those 990k+ scores however are pretty ridiculous. The last few bars are just stupidly off-throwing. :O

Celegus

Years ago, the first time I heard it, I thought "This song sounds really familiar," but I've never been able to figure out what it sounds like and it has slowly driven me crazy since then.

I don't think I'm thinking of a song in the game.

I've actually always thought the same thing too, every time I hear it. Weird.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Reposting for a new page!
WELCOME TO WEEK #2 OF THE NEOGAF TFF:CC COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Please check out the GAF Leaderboard for Week #1!

• YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR SCORE. Example: HERE or HERE
• All four stages will be on the Ultimate score difficulty.
• Score must have been achieved during the competition week.
Obviously this is done on an HONOR system, in the spirit of fun competition, do not submit "old" high scores.
• In the event of a score tie, the winner will be determined by most Criticals.
• Next week's stages will be determined by last week’s winner on that stage.
BMS winner will determine next BMS stage. DLC BMS winner will determine next DLC BMS stage, etc.
• If there are multiple winners (All-Critical) then the user who submitted their score first will determine next week’s song.
However, if the same user wins songs A & B, they will chose either A or B, and the second place finisher will chose the other.

• Winners are encouraged to type a short write-up of why they choose that particular song. It can be something related to a memory you have of that song or the game in which the song is featured!

This Week's Challenge (1/29 - 2/5)
zlCfzS8aQI8IjOzj3w
zlCfzS8YI3E9DyGyT4

DLC Stages (only $.99 each!)
zlCfzS8YaRwJx-fdvf
zlCfzS8YNZAFvnt1A9

LAST DAY TO SUBMIT YOUR SCORES!!

Play some TFF:CC tonight after work and submit your scores for this week's competition!!

Heropon

z59RSZE.jpg
whq7w8y.jpg

XOdYo8j.jpg
Jljrw2Z.jpg

I wanted to get more than 9 million points in Crazy Chocobo but I think this is a very good result. I hope the winners have the same good taste at choosing songs as the last week.

Roto13

I want to get an SSS rank on Ardent Rhythm before posting my score but I might have to settle for SS.

Randomly browsing Gamefaqs I stumbled upon a post with some random statistics:

Looks like Chaos Shrine got knocked off the shortest BMS throne by Twister. The only surprising thing about Crazy Chobobo is it is not the "fastest" expert FMS (I'd use the phrase note density instead myself).

This is interesting. (And confirms some stuff I thought. :p)

EDIT: I give up. This is the best I'm going to do.

zlCfzS92kxMF80zuJz

A few comments for each, I stopped playing once my scores stopped improving on each (it stops becoming rewarding then and it turns into spamming reset as soon as anything goes wrong which kind of gets in the way of the point of playing here which is for the songs):

HNI_0031_zpsc9f65b0f.jpg

I just couldn't really get the rhythm right here (this will be recurring).

HNI_0033_zps5c71a0f0.jpg

A similar story here (in the tappping sections I feel my tapping is either too fast or too slow so I don't stay in critical and slip to great then good at which point I adjust speed back). SS rank was very close were it not for the misses.

HNI_0037_zps5cd809c0.jpg

I find the tapping notes to be the hardest part of this song (I can't see how you can get the slide notes in between those near the end) and I don't think stylus mode was really built with force your way style note density in mind. Note the initial chain length though.

HNI_0029_zpsbf7da2ff.jpg
HNI_0035_zpse42d8b7d.jpg

Note the bonus of the troll run :( It was a slide note too and my most common mistake (as my perfect chain expert is showing) must be sliding in the wrong direction...well critical chart is done for that song so still a good result (not that there is much chance of me getting the critical charts filled trophy)

How could I get the rhythm better? Using headphones as the 3DS speakers are kind of shit so I was probably missing the bass I needed for the beat in places but I was listening through my podcast backlog so compromises have to be made.

Wichu

I didn't have as much time as I'd have liked this week, so this is all I've got. Hopefully I'll at least get second place this time :)

npC9igv.jpg

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want that Nier song like yesterday. Is there an ETA or guess as to when it comes?

MrDaravon

Miiverse, I assume. Just hit the home button at any time, go to Miiverse, and upload either of the current screens.

Press the Home menu and go to MIIVERSE. There you can upload a screenshot of your top or bottom screen. Log in to miiverse.net on your PC, find your post and copy image location.

Late response but thanks! Lame workaround :(

Also for those curious the in-game Streetpass counter in Records does count streetpassing the same person multiple times, tested it with my wife's 3DS. It seems to only count once you've booted up the game to clear it out though, I tried leaving it for a day and a half which would be 3-4 streetpasses, but only got credit for 1 more. I deleted her Proficard so I'll see in the morning when I streetpass her again if it also counts as a new Proficard towards that stat in Records as well; I'm much less concerned about that one as I am with the Streetpass one though.

Also here are my scores, except for the All Critical one I'm not super happy; I really only had time to play late last week, was pretty busy this weekend and then have been super focusing the last few days on trying to finish Bravely Default which has been my gaming white whale for the last 8 months or so >_>

6kMuXzz.jpg
EDrOa8i.jpg

30AVeoj.jpg
90y7zpZ.jpg

I only had time to make two attempts on everything except Crazy Chocobo, I'm positive I could get the two BMS scores higher in short order but no time. Crazy Chocobo is driving me nuts (ha) because there's basically 2 or 3 spots that I have problems dropping, and I can get them individually but not consistently and obviously not all on the same run.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
LAWD this week.

I went back to get a better score on Ardent Rhythm, really just in search of a perfect chain, and let me tell you, not once did I fuck it up in the same place. Every time a new bad in a place where I knew I was better than one. BlughghHGHG. Had to just give up, it was not meant to be. Not now, at least.

At least I SS'd this:

JYeRNi1.jpg

I was on the road to a perfect chain here, actually, which I never expected, and literally almost had a panic attack when I realized it was about to happen. Which, naturally, made me fall apart catastrophically.

Not great scores from me this week, hopefully I'll manage something better next week. I all-criticaled that one FMS right after Roto did, though, and he picked a song last week, so I get to pick this week riiiiight?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
zlCfzS96YakYtv4_0P
zlCfzS96dXY8WSMQm1
zlCfzS96hFIyv4NM8B
zlCfzS96kHsD4FPcMo

The songs were all tough this week! I'll complie all the scores this afternoon and have the Leaderboard posted by this evening. I think we'll do NO DLC this upcoming week.

Celegus

I've found that for some reason, my first attempt is nearly always my best one. I usually try the songs like 3 times, but I don't think I've ever improved over my first shot. Odd.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Okay, we're going to get different people to chose songs, so I went down the list until I got someone who hasn't picked yet. Here we go!

Next week's BMS #1: Tathanen
Next week's BMS #2: Wichu

Next week's FMS #1: Dandy Crocodile
Next week's FMS #2: Swamped

Please be sure to write up a short paragraph why you chose the song!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Oh jeeze I figgered I'd be picking an FMS since I was second on Zi'Tah, I had narrowed it down to a couple. But BMS! Gonna have to think about that tonight.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well i'm pissed :(

I ordered Curtain Call through amazon and they sent me the first Theatrhythm game. It even has a sticker on the back of the game incorrectly identifying it as Curtain Call

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well i'm pissed :(

I ordered Curtain Call through amazon and they sent me the first Theatrhythm game. It even has a sticker on the back of the game incorrectly identifying it as Curtain Call

Aw jeeze that blows.

I'm sure they'll fix it for ya though.

Top Bottom