• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
WELCOME TO WEEK #3 OF THE NEOGAF TFF:CC COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Please check out the GAF Leaderboard for Week #1!
GAF Leaderboard for Week #2!

• YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR SCORE. Example: HERE or HERE
• All four stages will be on the Ultimate score difficulty.
• Score must have been achieved during the competition week.
Obviously this is done on an HONOR system, in the spirit of fun competition, do not submit "old" high scores.
• In the event of a score tie, the winner will be determined by most Criticals.
• Next week's stages will be determined by last week’s winner on that stage.
BMS winner will determine next BMS stage. DLC BMS winner will determine next DLC BMS stage, etc.
• If there are multiple winners (All-Critical) then the user who submitted their score first will determine next week’s song.
However, if the same user wins songs A & B, they will chose either A or B, and the second place finisher will chose the other.

• Winners are encouraged to type a short write-up of why they choose that particular song. It can be something related to a memory you have of that song or the game in which the song is featured!

This Week's Challenge (2/6 - 2/13)
zlCfzS-QpTQW_oZi9X
zlCfzS-QmV8GNTU8Tr

Wichu said:
I've never beaten a FF game, so rather than choosing a song based on the source game, I've chosen one of my favourite songs to play in Theatrhythm. It's a song that's challenging while never really feeling unfair. The energy and rhythm make it a blast to play, while the difficulty gives a great sense of accomplishment once you manage to clear it, just as a song named "The Final Battle" should!

Dandy Crocodile said:
Harvest is my absolute favorite underrated Final Fantasy songs. It's so upbeat and happy and has a simple tune that can get stuck in your head for ages. I loved it from the moment I entered the first town that played it. It's not the most difficult of the FMS scores, but it's definitely my favorite and the track I have set as my Theatrhythm Quick Start song for those times when I need my Harvest fix quick. :p

zlCfzS-Q1tQ19J5N2I
zlCfzS-Gy0UL9SfyAB

swamped said:
I've always loved the moment when you get control of an airship in a JRPG. It suddenly makes the world seem so much larger and cooler. I've played the other airship songs in this game over and over so I wanted to choose one from a game I hadn't played before. I really Engage, it sounds so powerful and peaceful at the same time. Kinda makes me want to get FFXIV!

Tathanen said:
I came close to choosing some real ball-busters, but I feel like we need a bit of a break after Ardent Rhythm and Crazy Chocobo. I've never played any of the Dissidia games, but they've surprised me in Theatrhythm with some really bitchin tunes. This one in particular, it begins a crecendo about midway through that just carries you through some really great stuff. My favorite songs are the ones where you almost feel like you're directing the music, not just playing along with it, and this has some great moments like that.

Swamped

Banned
:/ I already got a refund processing. Dropping it off at UPS today to return. But sigh... I wanted to play it this weekend

I guess i will be the one to suggest the digital version! I feel like this is the type of game you play when you have the 'itch' and it's just so convenient to have it in your 3DS all the time. Especially since all this DLC keeps coming out. And you get to play it instantly. Well, that's just my opinion!

Roto13

I guess i will be the one to suggest the digital version! I feel like this is the type of game you play when you have the 'itch' and it's just so convenient to have it in your 3DS all the time. Especially since all this DLC keeps coming out. And you get to play it instantly. Well, that's just my opinion!

I wanted to get it digitally but it's $45 in CAnada and I wasn't going to buy it unless I could get it on sale, which never happened on eShop.

Plus, what if they release Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call For Reals This Time You Guys with the entirety of Curtain Call in it and I want to sell my old game? ;P

Heropon

fz6xhQi.jpg

I think I prefer playing difficult songs when doing this because trying to get perfect scores in the "easy" ones is really stressful. Time to beat some bosses now!

Celegus

Is Miiverse a complete pile of garbage for you guys too? I feel like I spent more time trying to upload the few screenshots than actually playing the songs, between the long loads and all the crashes (Sorry cannot post, try again later).

zlCfzS-edGEhOWKww_
zlCfzS-eS_AkD14D4s

BMS songs were pretty tricky this week, that or I'm just bad!

zlCfzS-eWh8bg7_nXk
zlCfzS-eZ1sf55VTon

I'm sure I could've all-critted Harvest if I kept trying, but that's good enough for me.

MrDaravon

*gets great score on Duodecim final trailer*

*realizes challenge is for vanilla Dissidia final trailer*

*is sad*

I just had almost the exact same thing happen; was doing the daily songs and got a near all critical on the Duodecim final trailer which was one of the dailies. Then I got on here and saw the songs for this week and was like FUCK YE-oh.

Roto13

Does this mean the dailies are the same for everyone? :p

zlCfzS-pzOoI9e0MSQ
zlCfzS-plhM31WsUMz

zlCfzS-p9CENn6Ch-U
zlCfzS_xYqE81_ObsL

EDIT: My secret goal is to all-crit a song on Ultimate the first time I ever play it/hear it.

zlCfzS-r1YgIya4zmS

Roto13

Dissidia version of Decisive Battle will make you nostalgic if you've ever played Decisive Battle on an old-ass Casio keyboard set to "organ."

EDIT: Was surprised how long this took.

zlCfzS-7zLMXk6ymoQ

MrDaravon

Dissidia version of Decisive Battle will make you nostalgic if you've ever played Decisive Battle on an old-ass Casio keyboard set to "organ."

EDIT: Was surprised how long this took.

zlCfzS-7zLMXk6ymoQ

I think that happens at what, around 250k Rhythmia? Then at 300k you get the last Proficard background, and from then on it's just random phrase unlocks and usable items.

I still can't believe at like 150 hours I still am missing 2 Normal cards, especially since I've TC'd and PC'd every song on Basic including all of the DLC as well working on those trophies. Specific cards drop for each song, so you would have though between that as well as having cleared most of the songs on Expert and Ultimate it would have happened by now -_-. I could just use some passwords or look at the FAQ to track down the ones I'm missing but I figure it'll happen eventually so whatever. Just weird.

MrDaravon

I just battled someone online with 999999 rhythmia and 595 hours clocked.

And yet he still doesn't have all the trophies.

Yeah, that's not terribly uncommon actually; Perfect Chaining and getting All Criticals on all of the Ultimate tracks seems to generally be the ones I see missing. Also I think some people just don't care about going for trophies, so they don't both with some of the easier or just time consuming ones like getting PC/AC on all of the Basic tracks etc. I'm missing around 20 trophies, and a bunch of them I could probably knock out in a day but I haven't bothered to for various reasons (I haven't used a single card yet for example).

I'm more surprised when I see people like that and then they have NO DLC. The concept of playing a game like this for hundreds of hours and not buying any additional content is crazy to me.

linko9

Was going to play some today, but my SC card is crapping out on me. 3DS won't read it anymore, but luckily my PC still can, and I copied everything off of it. Ordered a new one, should arrive in a couple days. Does anyone have experience with moving from one SD card to another, with this game or in general? I'm hoping there's no problems, but I'm apprehensive...

Roto13

Was going to play some today, but my SC card is crapping out on me. 3DS won't read it anymore, but luckily my PC still can, and I copied everything off of it. Ordered a new one, should arrive in a couple days. Does anyone have experience with moving from one SD card to another, with this game or in general? I'm hoping there's no problems, but I'm apprehensive...

You'll be fine. People do it all the time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I did it a few days ago actually. 16GB SD to 32GB microSD. No problems, and now ready to upgrade to a New 3DS if NOA ever decides to sell me one.

MrDaravon

Yeah I actually moved over this past weekend, finally filled up the 4GB card the system came with.

Nintendo's support site actually walks you through the process which is literally putting the old SD card in a PC, copying the files, then putting the new SD card in the PC and pasting the files. Which is surprisingly nice and convenient, but still cracks me up that's the official process.

Swamped

Banned
Ah, didn't really have time to improve my scores this week - I'll post what i have regardless!

Btw, have any of you played HarmoKnight? It's an eshop rhythm game that i just got with club nintendo coins. It's really fun and charming, music is great too. And you get to play some familiar tunes from Pokemon!

Man, i used to think that my favorite genre of games was RPG or SRPG, but i don't crave those in the same way i crave rhythm games. Maybe it's because so few of them get released?

Roto13

I actually got HarmoKnight with my Club Nintendo coins but I feel like I don't want to play a different rhythm game right now after all the Curtain Calling.

Extra song played.. can't figure it out.

http://imgur.com/bUHIKAC
http://imgur.com/ZaZu2Fd
http://imgur.com/Xpb7DSQ

So with DLC included I have a total of 245 songs. I've cleared every song on both Basic and Ultimate (Also filled the critical charts for Basic). However, for Basic my record shows 246/245. I have no idea why this is the case.

I do streetpass myself as I've also set up a streetpass on my brothers 3DS using my file. However, even on that proficard it says 246/221 when it should be 245/221. (That 3DS has no DLC downloaded as we both use my 3DS to play so it's the default song count). I don't play on his 3DS at all. In other words I only have access to 245 songs, not 246.

Any ideas what this is about?

I'm curious to see if it will fix if I download every DLC song, or if my Basic song count will forever be +1. However that is going to take ages as I usually download a song a week..

Roto13

I knocked out the AI battles the other day just to get them done and they were pretty easy except for the last couple where I had really shitty luck and just got wave speed and judgement over and over and over again.

Swamped

Banned
I actually got HarmoKnight with my Club Nintendo coins but I feel like I don't want to play a different rhythm game right now after all the Curtain Calling.

I totally get it...I have more than 150 hours on curtain call last I checked but you should play HarmoKnight too! It's great!

Swamped

Banned
Here are my scores for the week! Not my best, but was very busy this week so didn't have time to improve. Final Battle was by far the toughest one!

DnSI6xG.jpg

nI7qK9I.jpg

1LYw9yY.jpg

li2gEo3.jpg

MrDaravon

As sad as this is I had to take screenshots of my saved pictures of my high scores for this week. Miiverse doesn't want to work for shit right now, my laptop doesn't like this SD card for whatever reason, and I don't want to wake up the wife to use the other computer lol.

Mf7wLOV.jpg
Z5Vf7SL.jpg

JCxw1rn.jpg
25WJhpu.jpg

roto pls

This is the first week where I've actually had a bit of time to work on my scores and I was pretty happy with them honestly. First week I've been able to Perfect Chain both BMS tracks and felt like I was making progress and improving.

linko9

SD card came in today, all is well! Had time to give the other songs a few playthroughs

MoJZNXL.jpg
QNsnyTE.jpg

Ka4ciW7.jpg

Also found this really handy site for uploading pics to imgur from your 3DS; just go to it on the 3ds browser (because now I'm paranoid about removing the SD card :D).

http://webrender.net/imgur/

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey Curtain Call Community!

My third baby girl was born this morning at 1:18am!! So I am going to post results as soon as I sleep for more than 30 minutes.

So sometime this weekend!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

My third baby girl was born this morning at 1:18am!! So I am going to post results as soon as I sleep for more than 30 minutes.

Congrats! What's her name? If you want a recommendation from MikeDip then I suggest Destiny.

suzu

Congrats, Adam Prime!

Thanks for running this community challenge btw.

Celegus

Whoa nice, congrats! Take your time, this should be the least of your worries!

bobohoro

Congrats! Don't stress over the community stuff, enjoy your family time!

And I second the FF-naming proposal. :D

Celegus

Congrats! Don't stress over the community stuff, enjoy your family time!

And I second the FF-naming proposal. :D

I'd go with something a little less obscure, like a Celes. But I really wouldn't go with a video game theme if I ever have kids (no plans for us, just doggies!).

linko9

I'd go with something a little less obscure, like a Celes. But I really wouldn't go with a video game theme if I ever have kids (no plans for us, just doggies!).

If you're not dooming your child beyond a shadow of a doubt to a life of ridicule, you're not going all in. Go big or go home.

Top Bottom