• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Roto13

Hey Curtain Call Community!

My third baby girl was born this morning at 1:18am!! So I am going to post results as soon as I sleep for more than 30 minutes.

So sometime this weekend!

I think this counts as a valid excuse for delaying the next round a bit. Congratulations!

MrDaravon

Holy shit congratulations Adam! Don't worry about rushing, it's the same crew here and we can deal without a challenge this week, or I'm sure one of us can step up if needed. Take care of your stuff!

If you're not dooming your child beyond a shadow of a doubt to a life of ridicule, you're not going all in. Go big or go home.

I actually like Celes as a name. Real talk though, if I ever had a girl I would very seriously consider naming her Terra >_>

I think this counts as a valid excuse for delaying the next round a bit. Congratulations!

Actually Adam said I could do the Challenge this week, the BMS tracks are Advent Children OWA x2 and the FMS tracks are Calling x2 thanks

Falk

that puzzling face
I actually like Celes as a name. Real talk though, if I ever had a girl I would very seriously consider naming her Terra >_>

Terra_concept_art.png

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
That's awesome! Hope you named her Ultimecia.

I laughed out loud. That's a good one. Her name is Annabelle Grace Santos!

Last night she was fussy at 4am, so we danced around in the living room and jammed out to some gaming OSTs.

Her favorite songs last night was "Terra's theme" and "To Zanarkland" and "Roses of May". I did the same for my last child, soothing music helps put babies back to sleep and I always play Final Fantasy OST for my kids in their room to get them to sleep when they were babies.

suzu

Cute babbby.

Gaf pls help

Where the hell do I find the option to buy DLC been trying to find out how to do this all night

It's on the same screen as the select save files (after the start screen). I think you might have to play a little bit to unlock it? I forget.

Son Of D

Thought I'd try this weekly thing. I am a bit rusty and it's my first time playing 3 of the songs, all things considered I don't think I did that bad.

jAMO2WfWw4JLb.JPG
jb0Xv7GSVW2Hqs.jpg

jbebmjI2A1WEDK.jpg
jbhToukIIgNyVq.jpg

bobohoro

I'm glad to see another NIER song, but seriously, I hope the next one is a BMS!

More NIER is always good. Kainé as a DLC-character would be the first and only additional character I'd buy. Someone should make that happen, please. But I'm satisfied with more songs too, have a couple of leftover bucks from buying MH4U.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm only assuming it's Live A Live. All we have is the title Megalomania, but a Google of "squaresoft megalomania music" came up with Live A Live. So it probably is.

Oh it def is. It's been remixed twice on the SQ albums, it's gonna be great.

... does that DLC list have more tracks in it than the JP list from a couple weeks ago? Or an I imagining things?

Robin64

Oh it def is. It's been remixed twice on the SQ albums, it's gonna be great.

... does that DLC list have more tracks in it than the JP list from a couple weeks ago? Or an I imagining things?

Yea, it has the 6 Japan already got plus a new 6 that Japan will presumably get this week too.

Preliminary list of DLC for Feb 19th in EU/US
(Still trying to work out what some tracks are.. Stupid translations)

BMS
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo’ alla Flamenco
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel
SaGa Frontier 2 - Miβgestalt
Chrono Trigger - Frog’s Theme
Live A Live - Megalomania
??? - The Ultimate Confrontation
??? - The Conflict (Could be Romancing SaGa? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOVdvsbMjIg )
??? - Nemesis
??? - The Dawn Warriors (Possibly Final Fantasy V? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtCKy2UGoE )

FMS
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Kainé/Salvation
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Song of the Ancients/Devola
Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral

Could that Nemesis be FFXIV's Nemesis?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC is delivering big time. How long before we see Bust a Groove tunes?

Rootbeer

Banned
I've been really enjoying this on my New 3DS XL. For me it's been an impressive upgrade over the first version.

I'm just starting to browse through the DLC. Do they not have DLC 'packs' where you can get a discount for buying multiple songs? 0.99 each doesn't seem bad but they should reward people who are going to buy lots of songs/characters by giving you bundle options.

Robin64

I'm just starting to browse through the DLC. Do they not have DLC 'packs' where you can get a discount for buying multiple songs? 0.99 each doesn't seem bad but they should reward people who are going to buy lots of songs/characters by giving you bundle options.

Unfortunately not. It's a right pain in the arse, especially if you have no money in your eShop wallet and you want a bunch of songs. So many screen to go through, for each song. It's just silly. (Plus, yeah, it can get expensive)

Robin64

Robin64

Hell yeah! And hopefully we get til next Thursday for contest #4.

I know, I still haven't entered one, such a damn slacker...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Nah, that's The Conflict which is the other BMS SaGa song this week.

Edit: Though it's going to be the one below the selected one. The Japanese says "Last Battle", making it this. Thanks for the image!

Oh shiiiiit it's the one I've been asking for all this time!

My favorite part of the remix isn't actually in the real song, though. :[

Kirlia

Banned
DLC for Feb 19th in EU/US

BMS
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo’ alla Flamenco
Final Fantasy XIV - Nemesis
Final Fantasy V - The Dawn Warriors
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel
SaGa Frontier 2 - Miβgestalt
Chrono Trigger - Frog’s Theme
Live A Live - Megalomania
Romancing SaGa - The Conflict
Romancing SaGa 2 - The Ultimate Confrontation

FMS
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Kainé/Salvation
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Song of the Ancients/Devola
Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral

...buying them all. Okay, almost all of them.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Okay in the spirit of picking NEW winners, I went down the leader board to find people who have NEVER picked a song in a previous week.
sorry Roto13 and linko9, we all know you're awesome at the game and you win every week congrats gg gg gg gg

MrDaravon - Pick BMS
Bobohoro - Pick FMS
Heropon - Pick BMS
Son of D - Pick FMS

I'll shoot a PM to all these winners and we can try to get their picks. Winners, please be sure to include a short write-up on why you choose that particular song. Thanks ALSO, would you mind taking a screen shot of the song title card that I can use in the post? That would save me A LOT of time, that's by far the most time involving process of the weekly post.

Top Bottom