• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

MrDaravon

Is it true the game is getting saga frontier music? If so which ones? Thats just the cherry on top along with TWEWY.

It already has some, check the DLC list in the OP, forget which ones off hand (I think it's 2 or 3 of the boss tracks).

Adam, what's the timing on the weekly challenge; do we have until midnight today (when it rolls over to the 29th) or when exactly? I'm certainly not winning anything, but just want to make sure I get my scores up before then. Liberi Fatali is kicking my ass lol.

Celegus

Just tried Heart of Chaos (XIII-2) for the first time on Ultimate. No way am I ever getting SS on that, I'd be pretty pumped with an S!

Hello gang.

I'm still missing some crystal shards to complete the roster.

Anyone have any Quest maps that have Peach, Indigo, Golden, and Silver Shards?

linko9

I'm at 20+ tries and I can't even just Perfect Chain Liberi Fatali. You people are monsters.

Lol, I find my best run on a song is always the first or rarely second in a session. After that I start getting really, really bad. Best to just step away from the song for a day and try the next day; if you're at all like me, you'll do much better than on the 20th time in a row :D

MrDaravon

Lol, I find my best run on a song is always the first or rarely second in a session. After that I start getting really, really bad. Best to just step away from the song for a day and try the next day; if you're at all like me, you'll do much better than on the 20th time in a row :D

Oh it was across 2 or 3 sessions, but yeah I definitely agree.

So I decided to tackle the perfect chain trophies for basic and expert. As far as FMS go 6 song remain, EMS 7 songs and BMS like 48 (mostly due to not being played on the basic side, so I cna also net cleared all songs in basic). I'm not counting DLC as the trophies don't. So how do you keep track of progress on such a project? Favorites; as it is the only marker the game gives you.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This Week's Challenge (1/22 - 1/29)

zlCfzS6c3kIqF79YzL
zlCfzS6c16MLrTGxeM

DLC Stages
zlCfzS6pb_0MzyHmgf
zlCfzS6paLIxGDhPL2

Letting everyone know, this is the last night to submit your scores! I'll post the winners tomorrow morning, and as soon as I collect the next batch of song choices from the winners I should have next week's competition ready to go tomorrow evening!

So far we've had a total of 34 score submissions across all four songs! CAN WE GET TO 40? If you're reading this post and haven't submitted a score yet, DO IT TONIGHT! There's no score too low, we want everyone to submit regardless of skill level! And if it makes you feel any better:
Out of 4 songs, I am ranking last place in three of them! LOL

MrDaravon

Here are mine. I wound up spending most of my free time trying to break 9 million on Liberi to no avail, holy shit. On the other 3 I could definitely do better (especially on Calling, I only did it 2 or 3 times) I'm just not going to have time tonight unfortunately. Good stuff though, inspired me to play a bunch this week!

bDZmGxU.jpg
5j7VGoW.jpg

DiADHQE.jpg
Jf4iU3r.jpg

Zhao_Yun

You guys are too good. Didn't had that much time this week, but I doubt I could have beat those scores even with more time anyway. And did I ever mention that I don't like FMS?

hni_0019xdz4h.jpg
hni_0022e2rv0.jpg

hni_0021r3bx4.jpg

bobohoro

Nice idea. Haven't played in months, but still gave it a try. A bit rusty, but I'm satisfied. No DLC yet, but if the game grabs me again, I'll consider a few songs down the line for the weekly GAF leaderboards. :D

1eiCfni.jpg
7HoKepw.jpg

I don't have time to do Something to Protect (I also confused it with Festival of the Hunt :( ) as I'm off to bed now:
HNI_0022_zps05361b03.jpg
HNI_0024_zpsc63c87da.jpg

HNI_0020_zps903d74b5.jpg

Calling is a real stamina one due to its length. I give out after the Chocobo section, every time. As for Liberi Fatali, I'm grateful to stat boosted Cosmos*, and it isn't my worst Ultimate finish. That goes to Fallen Angel which was a C rank (I may re-visit but it isn't a song I enjoy).

*- All stats are (barely) SSS bar agility, HP is ~8500, skill set is Soul Voice, Paeon 3, Elegy 2 (taught via scroll) and Harmonious voice; I'd like Elegy 3 but I run into CP problems unless I remove Harmonious voice. Constant HP recovery is helpful if Ultimate goes bad. The HP recovery is slowly becoming more of a safety net. I believe Dualcast+Regen is stronger but that requires you to actually hit notes :p (the only test I can find didn't account for dualcast but I mean given regen is a magic ability and dualcast doubles all magic abilities it should work...)

Random screenshot time. I think this is the games way of telling to use those otherwise useless EXP cards:
HNI_0018_zps32163fe1.jpg

Rinoa is 1 EXP from max...like, come on

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My personal rankings:

Calling - 6th out of 8
Liberi Fatali - 7th out of 9
Something to Protect - 14th out of 17
Terra's Theme - 13th out of 16

Jeesh, I thought I was a pro at this game! I'm impressed with everyone!!

Celegus

Nice work Adam, I'm having fun competing too even though some people are just machines at this game, apparently. Looking forward to this week's songs! Hoping I'll win the FMS someday, because I know which one I want to pick.

Kirlia

Banned
Just tried Heart of Chaos (XIII-2) for the first time on Ultimate. No way am I ever getting SS on that, I'd be pretty pumped with an S!

God, that one is pretty awful. I BARELY managed an SS on that. Would definitely put in the same difficulty tier as FFIX's Battle 2 and FFVIII's Force Your Way.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Nice work Adam, I'm having fun competing too even though some people are just machines at this game, apparently. Looking forward to this week's songs! Hoping I'll win the FMS someday, because I know which one I want to pick.

We're going to try not to have any "repeat winners". Meaning, if the same guys win next week we'll pick someone else down the list so that way we always have four new users picking songs.

So keep on playing every week!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm a fan of the leaderboard idea you've got goin here. Makes it more encouraging to post a non-winning score. Maybe publicize that you're doin that a bit more in this week's post!

linko9

OK, if I understand the rules for song selection this week, we're going to have two really "awesome"...... DLC songs :D
Roto gets to pick the FMS, right?

How should I go about getting xp scrolls? Is there a particular place to look for them/skill to make them drop more?
EXP up scrolls seem to be part of the Fat Chocobo fixed drop table so any FMS and have party members with sight if Fat Chocobo isn't showing up enough, expert and ultimate help too. I've certainly got enough scrolls to give everyone level 2+3.

EXP Hound is some enemies (mover and/or magic pot) and some boss enemies (I believe Chaos), focusing on the latter the Chaos Shrine song unlocked at 40,000 Rhytmia is the best source although it being the shortest BMS and having tough enemies means you'll need a strong party even to get many kills in Basic difficulty.

Celegus

EXP up scrolls seem to be part of the Fat Chocobo fixed drop table so any FMS and have party members with sight if Fat Chocobo isn't showing up enough, expert and ultimate help too. I've certainly got enough scrolls to give everyone level 2+3.

EXP Hound is some enemies (mover and/or magic pot) and some boss enemies (I believe Chaos), focusing on the latter the Chaos Shrine song unlocked at 40,000 Rhytmia is the best source although it being the shortest BMS and having tough enemies means you'll need a strong party even to get many kills in Basic difficulty.

Are drops/exp gained affected by difficulty at all? Expert is probably a good balance for ensuring you get a high score while still having enough notes to work with.

GAMERG0D

There are some triggers I really despise and those are the hold triggers but they are the short ones with slides on the end, and they are usually back to back. I just can't figure out how to approach them.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
WELCOME TO WEEK #2 OF THE NEOGAF TFF:CC COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Please check out the GAF Leaderboard for Week #1!

• YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR SCORE. Example: HERE or HERE
• All four stages will be on the Ultimate score difficulty.
• Score must have been achieved during the competition week.
Obviously this is done on an HONOR system, in the spirit of fun competition, do not submit "old" high scores.
• In the event of a score tie, the winner will be determined by most Criticals.
• Next week's stages will be determined by last week’s winner on that stage.
BMS winner will determine next BMS stage. DLC BMS winner will determine next DLC BMS stage, etc.
• If there are multiple winners (All-Critical) then the user who submitted their score first will determine next week’s song.
However, if the same user wins songs A & B, they will chose either A or B, and the second place finisher will chose the other.

• Winners are encouraged to type a short write-up of why they choose that particular song. It can be something related to a memory you have of that song or the game in which the song is featured!

This Week's Challenge (1/29 - 2/5)
zlCfzS8aQI8IjOzj3w
zlCfzS8YI3E9DyGyT4

Adam Prime said:
I did not get a song recommendation from our TRUE WINNER: Wichu, so I am recommending my favorite song from VII. Hopefully we can get Wichu in another week, but I hope everyone enjoys one of the most iconic battle songs in the entire Final Fantasy series this week!

Perfect Free said:
In my opinion, the best selections from Final Fantasy XI's soundtrack have this sleepy pastoral quality that immediately draws me into the world they accompany. "The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah" is clearly no exception. I love the introductory melody, and the rest of the track is just as relaxing, taking the player on a smooth journey... hopefully not too smooth, though, since we are playing on Ultimate!

DLC Stages (only $.99 each!)
zlCfzS8YaRwJx-fdvf
zlCfzS8YNZAFvnt1A9

linko9 said:
I'll choose Ardent Rhythm from Romancing Saga Minstrel Song as the DLC BMS song. I've never played or even heard of this game before, but this is by far the most hilarious song in the game. I really want as many people as possible to experience its ridiculousness.

Roto13 said:
Part of the infinite Final Fantasy XIII hatefest was the reveal of the ridiculous Chocobo music for XIII-2. A lot of people turned up their noses at it, but to me, an insane speed metal Chocobo song was an inevitable eventuality in the series' tradition of changing up the song's genre with each game. (Mambo de Chocobo. Techno de Chocobo. Etc.) This song makes me laugh. Every time.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
From now on we're going to have to take the winners' song submission times into account when setting the challenge up :p

Yeah, I didn't get a submission from one winner... so I went ahead and made it myself.

I need to HIGHLY ENDORSE the two DLC songs this week. I didn't own them myself, so I purchased them both to create the weekly post and I'm glad that I did!

MrDaravon

Ardent Rhythm is a good pick.

I'm not sure I'm gonna even try Crazy Chocobo, IIRC it's already ridiculous on Expert. Song is totally hilarious though.

MrDaravon

My hand totally gave out after 5 runs on Crazy Chocobo lol. It's actually not NEARLY as hard as I remember; it's super fast but not really tricky. Would take this over Liberi Fatali any day, already cracked 8.6 mil and only didn't get higher + a Perfect Chain because I totally choked :(. I can keep up with the speed of songs fine, it's when you start getting fast songs + holds with slide arrows or slide arrow changes that mess me up.

Roto13

Hehehee, well, it might be the easiest FMS in the game. I had already full criticalled it a while ago so I knew it wouldn't be hard to do it again. :p Got it first try.

Also set my highest scores yet for Fight On and Crazy Chocobo. But I'm going to try to do better.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There we go:

pYPAiwn.jpg

...I didn't just reupload Roto's, I swear!

[Edit]

PJ6WVss.jpg

nTCPSJE.jpg

Ardent Rhythm is actually super fun on Ultimate, I hadn't played it on that difficulty until tonight. I feel like I've got a better score in me there, but while the mind is willing, the flesh is weak. My right shoulder and arm are pretty shaky tonight from doin stuff earlier in the day. Gonna have to come back at these when I'm feeling more up to it.

My Crazy Chocobo score is... not ready. But I can see it, in the distance.

mstevens

Did anyone else grab Lucario off of the eBay TRU sale awhile back? I think I ordered him, Falcon and Dedede but I haven't heard a single thing from them.

Top Bottom