• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Celegus

Awwww yeah finally AC'd one of the weekly songs! Also forgot how amazing the song is.
zlCfzTCGqBIvVMoQM1

Did pretty well on this one too!
zlCfzTCGwMsiZGwWwS

Swamped

Banned
Awwww yeah finally AC'd one of the weekly songs! Also forgot how amazing the song is.
zlCfzTCGqBIvVMoQM1

Did pretty well on this one too!
zlCfzTCGwMsiZGwWwS

Wow, I've never seen such...neat scores. Especially that second one!

Kind of an unrelated story, but your second score reminded me of it. Once I was playing someone online and we both got the exact same score (and it wasn't even an all critical). I was so flabbergasted that we tied, I mean, what are the chances?

Celegus

Wow, I've never seen such...neat scores. Especially that second one!

Kind of an unrelated story, but your second score reminded me of it. Once I was playing someone online and we both got the exact same score (and it wasn't even an all critical). I was so flabbergasted that we tied, I mean, what are the chances?

That is really strange. On A Fleeting Dream, I had 3 tries with all crits except one great, with a different score each time. I might be able to do better on the other one, but I was also a fan of the nice, even, just barely SSS score.

MrDaravon

The last part of He of the Name is completely kicking my ass. Liberi Fatali was the first Ultimate BMS I haven't been able to Perfect Chain/break 9 million on, and I'm significantly worse on this track -_-.

Roto13

Vamo' alla flamenco should have been one of this week's challenge songs. So much fun to play.

I haven't attempted the challenge songs yet. I have a cough and it screws me up every time I play a song. :p Also I've been playing Majora's Mask.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm beginning to feel like the stylus on the New 3DS is not built to suit my needs. i need something more comfortable. to those of you who do a ton of stylus based gameplay... what would you suggest?

I found this on google and wonder if anyone owns one?

http://www.greenbulb.com/xstyluscrayon

*edit... minutes later*

OMG... okay, yeah I totally forgot my original copy of theatrythm came with this, which I just dug out of the closet:

Theatrhythm-FF-Stylus-2.jpg

Now to finally put it to use.

i'm beginning to feel like the stylus on the New 3DS is not built to suit my needs. i need something more comfortable. to those of you who do a ton of stylus based gameplay... what would you suggest?

I found this on google and wonder if anyone owns one?

http://www.greenbulb.com/xstyluscrayon

*edit... minutes later*

OMG... okay, yeah I totally forgot my original copy of theatrythm came with this, which I just dug out of the closet:

Theatrhythm-FF-Stylus-2.jpg

Now to finally put it to use.

If you're still having trouble, I heartily recommend trying out these oversized DSi XL touch pens. I've used them for both Theatrhythm games and they're amazing; the difference in my performance (pun not intended) is like night and day between any of the stock 3DS styluses and one of these puppies.

Roto13

Not going to buy that Bravely Default song this week. Here are the rest of my scores.

zlCfzTCfgq8s4RE4A_
zlCfzTCfVJs9IKkMHc
zlCfzTCT8hIFZt33xk

It is impossible to crit that string of notes near the end.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The last part of He of the Name is completely kicking my ass. Liberi Fatali was the first Ultimate BMS I haven't been able to Perfect Chain/break 9 million on, and I'm significantly worse on this track -_-.

zlCfzS3PLZoFnjM1Eu

I've done it once, I felt like a boss. This score is ineligible for this week's competition though, since I did it a mont ago. So I gotta find a way to better it!

Here's my legit entry for this week, so far.
B-fOfNKCYAASUzc.jpg:small

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You people are monsters, every time I think I'm getting better noooope lol.

He of the Name is my favorite song in the game. I think I've played the Ultimate version about ~20 times. Only SS rank'ed it once.

I'm determined to get another SS rank for this week!

Celegus

The new symphonic CD, Final Symphony, came out today if you guys were interested. Currently listening to and loving it! I'm a HUGE fan of anything recorded by a live orchestra (especially different arrangements and medleys), so these CDs are my absolutely favorite.

The new symphonic CD, Final Symphony, came out today if you guys were interested. Currently listening to and loving it! I'm a HUGE fan of anything recorded by a live orchestra (especially different arrangements and medleys), so these CDs are my absolutely favorite.

This is awesome! Thanks a bunch, I still need to get my hands on Distant Worlds III

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

I've been giving it a listen. Pretty good stuff. Wish Spotify Canada had a better selection of VG music. :(

c-murph

Future Undated DLC

BMS
Final Fantasy X - Assault
Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (Not this)
Final Fantasy Tactics - Apoplexy
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death
NieR - Hills of Radiant Winds
NieR - Shadowlord
Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Romancing SaGa - Beat Them Up!
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II

FMS
Secret of Mana - Into the Thick of It
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River

Gawd Dayyuum. Can't wait!

MrDaravon

I'm stuck at work, I can post my scores now and I'll provide pics later when I get home (I'm not winning anything so hopefully shouldn't matter).

A Fleeting Dream - 9979338
FINAL FANTASY (FFXII Version) - 9739238
He of the Name - 8508818
Kaine / Salvation - 9901079

I only made 3 attempts at He of the Name sadly, got sidetracked the last few days of the challenge. Fairly happy with my other scores though, especially FF12 since I've always had problems with that one for some reason.

Swamped

Banned
Here are my scores for the week. Sorry I'm late! Pleased with my SS on He of the Name. I always feel my heart rate rising just before the tough bit. Why do I get stage fright playing a rhythm game?! Lol.

FmGWdy1.jpg
YKzGjEo.jpg

qLip1Hb.jpg

Edit: oops just realised I posted a score from last week accidentally...

Unai

Anyone else have dificult sliding the stylus in the arrows? Sometimes I'm pretty sure that I did it right, but then I get a bad out of it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone else have dificult sliding the stylus in the arrows? Sometimes I'm pretty sure that I did it right, but then I get a bad out of it.

YES. I think sometimes the touch screen gets out of calibration if you're swiping around on the screen while the game is booting up (this same thing happens on WiiU when you're messing with the analog sticks while booting up a game).

Honestly, I think it's my stylus. I've switched styluses and lose this issue. But it is WEIRD.

Best Buy is having a sale. It's 19.99 right now and if you happen to have Gamers Club, I think it comes out to 15.99. Such a good deal!

I noticed this earlier today myself, I put it in an order with Etrian Mystery Dungeon and got free shipping for both (express/day 1 shipping for EMD too!) This is the cheapest I've seen this game so I recommend picking it up now if you haven't!

Enjolras

Neo Member
The problem with being an early n3DS adopter is the lack of easily available screen protection! I've ordered some from Japan, but they haven't arrived yet and the lack of Theatrhythm in the last 2 weeks has been too much for me. So I've resorted to button controls and I am terrible at them.

I just really wanted to play Shuffle and Boogie after the Triple Triad patch in FFXIV.

Roto13

The problem with being an early n3DS adopter is the lack of easily available screen protection! I've ordered some from Japan, but they haven't arrived yet and the lack of Theatrhythm in the last 2 weeks has been too much for me. So I've resorted to button controls and I am terrible at them.

I just really wanted to play Shuffle and Boogie after the Triple Triad patch in FFXIV.

Why can't you just buy one of the screen protectors for the old 3DS/XL?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time (I think) poster here. I spent about 30min today trying to perfect chain this track, and I'm pretty happy with my results.

xCdLx88.jpg

I think the community regards this track as one of the harder Ultimate tracks? Does anyone have a list tracks that are of similar difficulty? I only know of this one and Maybe I'm a Lion.

Thanks!

Roto13

Yeah, A Contest of Aeons is definitely one of the tougher songs. That's a great score. My score on that song is only just barely a SSS rank, so like 9750000 or something. Final Battle from FFX is also pretty hard. I think Crazy Chocobo is the toughest FMS, but that's DLC.

Someone posted a list of the "densest" songs at some point.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah, A Contest of Aeons is definitely one of the tougher songs. That's a great score. My score on that song is only just barely a SSS rank, so like 9750000 or something. Final Battle from FFX is also pretty hard. I think Crazy Chocobo is the toughest FMS, but that's DLC.

Someone posted a list of the "densest" songs at some point.
Thanks. I really liked that feeling of being "outsmarted" by the devs. Trained me all game to do tap -> swipes, just to swap them at the very end.

I'm still hesitant to buy DLC. There's close to $100 now, and if I start, I don't know if I'll be able to stop haha.

Kirlia

Banned
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time (I think) poster here. I spent about 30min today trying to perfect chain this track, and I'm pretty happy with my results.

xCdLx88.jpg

I think the community regards this track as one of the harder Ultimate tracks? Does anyone have a list tracks that are of similar difficulty? I only know of this one and Maybe I'm a Lion.

Thanks!

Weep bitterly with FFVIII's Force Your Way and FFIX's Battle 2.

Roto13

After 14 attempts, I still haven't gotten SSS on Ardent Rhythm.

EDIT: I knew saying that would make me get it on my next try.

zlCfzTEUyKQtcIP7cH

All according to keikaku

Top Bottom