• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've only unlocked two characters. It'll be a while before I unlock them all.

They come by pretty quickly when you level your party up enough and find Dark Notes where you can kill 2-3+ bosses at once thanks to boss killing skills.

Bururian

They come by pretty quickly when you level your party up enough and find Dark Notes where you can kill 2-3+ bosses at once thanks to boss killing skills.

Yeah, that's how I unlocked my two characters. killed the third boss on my first dark note 3 times and got three of the same shard a few times. I could grind, but I've been enjoying just playing songs as I go.

I'm trying to farm shards for characters right now, and I've found that the number of shards I get each time I play a Dark Note is wildly inconsistent. Are shard drops affected by the Luck stat? Even with Vaan and Zidane and their maxed-out Luck and Lv99 Lightning and Squall as my boss killers, more often than not I get zero shards... but once in awhile I'll get like four shards (two each of two colors).

I wonder if there's a trophy for getting every character (including the secret ones) to level 99. I... don't even want to think about how long that would take.

Has anyone worked out what the best Ultimate Score BMS to farm EXP is on yet? So far, for me it's been FF IV's "Battle with the Four Fiends." Every time I finish that with a Miratete's Memoir equipped, I get around 17,000 EXP.

One thing I noticed today is that, if you finish a song with a party that has some, but not all characters at level 99, the EXP isn't distributed evenly between just those who still need it. It'll still divided by four, even though the level 99 characters don't technically get it. Lame. :/

I just got a level 99 Dark Note that throws multiple rotating slide triggers in a row at a near inhuman reaction speed. HAHA NOPE.

I don't know why but I just have the hardest time on some songs. I have a level 71 Dark Note with Battle on the Big Bridge that absolutely kills me, but I have nowhere near as much of a problem with the level 73 Dark Note that has Something to Protect. It seems like Battle on the Big Bridge and Man with the Machine Gun are my worst for whatever reason.

hamchan

I wonder if there's a trophy for getting every character (including the secret ones) to level 99. I... don't even want to think about how long that would take.

Has anyone worked out what the best Ultimate Score BMS to farm EXP is on yet? So far, for me it's been FF IV's "Battle with the Four Fiends." Every time I finish that with a Miratete's Memoir equipped, I get around 17,000 EXP.

One thing I noticed today is that, if you finish a song with a party that has some, but not all characters at level 99, the EXP isn't distributed evenly between just those who still need it. It'll still divided by four, even though the level 99 characters don't technically get it. Lame. :/

There is.

I'm a bit disappointed there's no perfect critical chain for all songs trophy. Instead there's just seperate ones for perfect chains and total critical charts.

XiaNaphryz

I'm trying to farm shards for characters right now, and I've found that the number of shards I get each time I play a Dark Note is wildly inconsistent. Are shard drops affected by the Luck stat? Even with Vaan and Zidane and their maxed-out Luck and Lv99 Lightning and Squall as my boss killers, more often than not I get zero shards... but once in awhile I'll get like four shards (two each of two colors).

I've found that bosses will always drop a shard if all the colors they have are ones you still need to collect. If they drop a color you already finished off, then what ends up being a non-drop actually means they would have dropped something but you already finished off the color for it.

There is.

I'm a bit disappointed there's no perfect critical chain for all songs trophy. Instead there's just seperate ones for perfect chains and total critical charts.

Yikes. Well... I'm sure someone, somewhere with plenty of time on their hands will do it. Then again, the fact that you know this must mean someone already has. :p

And yeah, that'd be a nice trophy to have, but that would also mean that 99% of players will never be able to get all the trophies. I've got an SS rank on every chart in the game now on every difficulty, but some of the Ultimate Scores seem almost impossible to get perfect Critical chains on...

I've found that bosses will always drop a shard if all the colors they have are ones you still need to collect. If they drop a color you already finished off, then what ends up being a non-drop actually means they would have dropped something but you already finished off the color for it.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. Guess I'm just getting unlucky in terms of getting the colors I actually need from the bosses who have both the ones I need and the ones I've already completed. Thanks!

Robin64

Here's a trophy list for those who haven't seen it. I can't take credit, but nor can I remember who put it together. I just bookmarked the pastebin and they're listed as "Guest".

Page 1
- Cleared all Final Fantasy titles!
- Summoned all five summons!
- Rode all varieties of chocobo!
- Watched all extended versions!
- Completed your first crystal!
- Exchanged ProfiCard with another player!
- Achieved first Perfect Chain!
- Achieved first All Critical!

Page 2
- Played Challenge mode 100 times!
- Played Challenge mode 300 times!
- Played Challenge mode 500 times!
- Cleared 15 different Dark Notes!
- Cleared 50 different Dark Notes!
- Cleared 99 different Dark Notes!
- Played Practice mode 50 times!
- Played Demo mode 50 times!

Page 3
- First character reached Lv99!
- Four characters reached Lv99!
- Ten characters reached Lv99!
- Obtained 15 ProfiCards!
- Obtained 50 ProfiCards!
- Obtained 99 ProfiCards!
- Shared bylines 50 times!
- Defeated all types of enemies!

Page 4
- Faced 100 enemies in battle!
- Faced 500 enemies in battle!
- Faced 1000 enemies in battle!
- Completed 100 summonings!
- Rode chocobos 100 times!
- Encountered 100 moogles!
- Watched extended versions 100 times!
- Received one billion points!

Page 5
- Received three billion points!
- Received 50 billion points!
- Filled the Critical Chart 10 times!
- Filled the Critical Chart 30 times!
- Activated abilities 500 times!
- Activated abilities 1000 times!
- Used items 50 times!
- Used items 100 times!

Page 6
- Beat 7+ enemies in one BMS!
- Activated 10+ abilities in 1 song!
- Cosmos joined your party!
- Defeat Chaos in a Dark Note!
- Beat Ultimate Score as a Stoic!
- Perfect Chained a Dark Note!
- Cleared a Dark Note on Multi Play!
- Played for 100 hours!

Page 7
- Cleared all Ultimate Scores!
- Got S on all Basic Scores!
- Got S on all Expert Scores!
- Got S on all Ultimate Scores!
- Perfect Chained all Basic Scores!
- Perfect Chained all Expert Scores!
- Perfect Chained all Ultimate Scores!
- Got S on all Basic Courses!

Page 8
- Got S on all Expert Courses!
- Got S on all Ultimate Courses!
- Collected all movies!
- Collected all songs!
- Collected all CollectaCards!
- Collected all characters!
- Filled the Critical Chart on all songs!
- All characters reached Lv99!

Pretty sure I won't ever be getting 99 ProfiCards. :(

beje

Banned
AxZSjzcCMAArsbs.jpg

S on the first try, no misses :D
I think this game should have a "mega-ultimate" difficulty level

Bisonian

Bosses seem to have 3 items they can drop, and if you get chosen a shard that you already have the character unlocked for you seem to just get nothing instead. Could that be what's going on?

e: Beaten badly, oh well.

Midou

I SSS'd cosmo canyon on basic first try, about half way through the song I questioned whether I had gotten any greats, then at the end I was like oooooooh shit.

hamchan

I think the Ultimate difficulty is pretty easy for anyone who could finish Ouendan's hardest difficulty or anyone who has ever tried playing Bemani style games seriously. I think they made it as hard as they could with their touchscreen mechanics though. The real challenge in this game is getting all perfect critical chains I feel.

In Chaos Shrine, what determines you getting to face the 2nd or 3rd boss of the battle round? I'm usually getting put up against boss no.1 and they hardly ever drop Shards...

I'm getting S ranks on the stages before the battle ones but still no boss no.2 or 3...

Bisonian

In Chaos Shrine, what determines you getting to face the 2nd or 3rd boss of the battle round? I'm usually getting put up against boss no.1 and they hardly ever drop Shards...

On the field stage, there is a signpost that you can get to that unlocks Boss 2/3. You need a fast agility character in your first slot and a pretty good run to reach it usually.

Whether you get boss 2 or 3 seems to be determined on the battle stage. On the monster before the boss appears during the song you'll see "Boss 3" pop up and a chime play right below your main characters avatar in the top right. Someone else might be able to provide more information on that though.

It depends how far you get in the field music stage. You'll go past a sign telling you that you're going to face Boss 2 or 3 if you do well enough and your character have sufficient stats.

zroid

Banned
I think the Ultimate difficulty is pretty easy for anyone who could finish Ouendan's hardest difficulty or anyone who has ever tried playing Bemani style games seriously. I think they made it as hard as they could with their touchscreen mechanics though. The real challenge in this game is getting all perfect critical chains I feel.

I finished EBA, but I actually find Ultimate BMS a lot harder than anything in that game. I just don't have the reaction time to deal with alternating patterns of triggers in rapid succession. My brain and hands lock up. After failing repeatedly, I can usually get by just from memorizing those patterns.

I was so close to picking this up last night... I had it in my hand at Gamestop with the store closing in about 2 minutes but ultimately decided to hold off. What do you guys think, should I pick it up now or wait for a price-drop? I love FF music and I enjoy rhythm games so I know I'll like it but I just don't know if it's worth full price.

zroid

Banned
I was so close to picking this up last night... I had it in my hand at Gamestop with the store closing in about 2 minutes but ultimately decided to hold off. What do you guys think, should I pick it up now or wait for a price-drop? I love FF music and I enjoy rhythm games so I know I'll like it but I just don't know if it's worth full price.

Well I think it's a question of if you find value in rhythm games. It's certainly worth no less than any other rhythm game, and more than most. And that's without considering the sizable nostalgia factor.

zashga

On the field stage, there is a signpost that you can get to that unlocks Boss 2/3. You need a fast agility character in your first slot and a pretty good run to reach it usually.

Whether you get boss 2 or 3 seems to be determined on the battle stage. On the monster before the boss appears during the song you'll see "Boss 3" pop up and a chime play right below your main characters avatar in the top right. Someone else might be able to provide more information on that though.

I think you're right. Once you're past the "boss 2 or 3" signpost, which boss you get depends on your performance during the first two enemies of the battle stage. If you take too long killing them, you get boss 2. If you do well, you get boss 3. If you really want boss 3, you can let yourself die and just retry the battle stage, since it doesn't make you redo the field stage when you continue.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Which character's stats govern how far you get in field mode? All four, or just the first, or the one who is currently active on the screen?

Well I think it's a question of if you find value in rhythm games. It's certainly worth no less than any other rhythm game, and more than most. And that's without considering the sizable nostalgia factor.
Like I said, I enjoy rhythm games quite a bit, but at the same time there aren't many that I would be willing to pay $40 for these days. Theatrhythm is one of the few that I would consider because of the nostalgia factor, and from what I've seen the game seems to be fairly well fleshed out and polished which is certainly a plus. I'm really on the fence at the moment.

Bisonian

Which character's stats govern how far you get in field mode? All four, or just the first, or the one who is currently active on the screen?

With a maxed agility and dash level 2, Bartz in the first slot can consistently make it to signposts in the 90+ difficulty range for me. My other characters are quite a bit slower (strength up = reduced agility). This makes me believe that whatever character is active on the field is what is controlling the speed of that mode.

Another clue is that Bartz has an ability that allows him to automatically stay on the field when he takes damage (usually, you have a chance to avoid this with a high luck stat but it's not guaranteed). If this was not how the game worked, then that ability is relatively useless.

XiaNaphryz

AxZSjzcCMAArsbs.jpg

Now you do it without skills/items to fill in the rest of that critical bar!

And if you want harder, there's high-end Chaos Notes with their rotating arrows.

Bururian

Now you do it without skills/items to fill in the rest of that critical bar!

And if you want harder, there's high-end Chaos Notes with their rotating arrows.

I am having zero trouble with the rotating notes. I thought it was going to be hell, but apparently, way easier than expected.

XiaNaphryz

I am having zero trouble with the rotating notes. I thought it was going to be hell, but apparently, way easier than expected.

It's only really challenging when there's a bunch in a row or a bunch alternating with other notes. At least until you play through those sections enough times to memorize it instead of just playing by reaction alone.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh gosh lightening you are so tsundere

B-Dex

Only thing I dislike is grinding out shards for characters and having to beat challenge mode to unlock harder difficulties for series mode.

Otherwise the game is awesome :)

Hvae to grab another eShop card to get the rest of the songs. Only had 4$ on my account :(.

Bururian

Only thing I dislike is grinding out shards for characters and having to beat challenge mode to unlock harder difficulties for series mode.

Otherwise the game is awesome :)

Hvae to grab another eShop card to get the rest of the songs. Only had 4$ on my account :(.

I'm ont gonna like waiting a week or two between DLC updates. I want more songs now. :(

RPGCrazied

I feel like i'm going to, but I haven't yet.

Here's my original DS and the effects of years of playing Ouendan/Ouendan 2 and Rhythm Heaven on it. The bottom touch screen has been deteriorating pretty badly.

http://i.imgur.com/maKzU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ouch. Yeah. I plan on putting a screen protector on the bottom screen of my XL, even if it kills me.

Chairhome

I think you're right. Once you're past the "boss 2 or 3" signpost, which boss you get depends on your performance during the first two enemies of the battle stage. If you take too long killing them, you get boss 2. If you do well, you get boss 3. If you really want boss 3, you can let yourself die and just retry the battle stage, since it doesn't make you redo the field stage when you continue.

You can also just pause and hit "retry stage". You'll start at the beginning of BMS.

Random thought but if I were to bin the current new dark note of mine would it get replaced with a new dark note? replaced after replaying an old dark note? or simply not replaced at all leaving the fate of my dark note earning future in the hands of streetpass that wont come to pass?

Chairhome

Maybe not really a problem, but I never/ever get boss one or two. Always Boss 3 for me. It's annoying because I have to purposefully do badly to get them.

I've never actually gotten boss 2, but my dark note difficulties are still in the teens. I get Boss 1 a lot though, cause of a lack of understanding on how to get to boss 2 or 3. I guess I just need to use characters with higher agility.

XiaNaphryz

Maybe not really a problem, but I never/ever get boss one or two. Always Boss 3 for me. It's annoying because I have to purposefully do badly to get them.

During one Dark Note, I somehow managed to fight Boss 3, then Boss 2, then Boss 1 all in one go. I dunno how that happened.

Top Bottom