• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

I've come to the conclusion that you need to be a robot to beat any of the BMS songs on Ultimate Score. Nobody can convince me otherwise. As for all these screengrabs pictures masking themselves as 'proof': They are simply doctored. This is the most logical explanation I can come too. No human hand can move that fast.

Nah. It may feel impossible now, but just keep at it and you'll soon see that Ultimate Score BMSes aren't nearly as hard as you think they are. I've got an SS rank on every Ultimate Score in the game, and most of them came pretty easily. I'm also really good at rhythm games, though -- one of my bread-and-butter genres. You'll get there!

linko9

OK, I didn't know about all this SS and SSS rank stuff. What exactly is the point of equipping anything? If you can't get the best ranks with equips, that renders them sort of irrelevant, doesn't it? I guess you'd have to play through the "feature drive" section once with equips to truly complete the stage, but other than that, if you want to get the best ranks, it seems like you should just always play with no equips, seeing as the only things you get by using equips are better equips! Of course, to unlock new characters you'd want equips so you can more easily get crystal shards to drop from bosses in dark notes, but other than that, I don't see the point. Silly design decision, IMO, seeing as it takes the same amount of skill to all-critical a stage with or without equips, and yet you're punished for using the neat equip system that they put in the game. Oh well.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I don't like the intro / epilogue things where you can just tap the crystal constantly and win. Seems boring and easy.
It's not supposed to be a challenge, but if you really don't like it, you can skip it with the button on the touch screen.

OK, I didn't know about all this SS and SSS rank stuff. What exactly is the point of equipping anything?
Basically, use skills and items in the Chaos Shrine and unequip everything for every other mode.

Famassu

I've been acing everything so far on my first try, even some challenging-ish Dark Notes. Only a couple of As, but mostly Ss (would've gotten tons of SSs and even a few SSSs if I didn't have skills equipped).

Shadow780

Bought ff2 battle theme ...

Fuck you SQEX

I'm your bitch now :(

cjCCb.jpg

yourewelcome

tm24

Equipped regen on my onion knight. Was able to down 3 more ultimate BMS. My party of Terra, O.K, zidane and squall are kilimg machines

Thank god my battery died. Been playing nonstop.

Also, if you wanna listen to an awesome strink rendition of the final fantasy theme, go into the collection, and on the binder select a card, select view, then press "autoplay".

You're welcome.

Netto-kun

Finally received my copy from Amazon UK. I usually use the Spirit Tracks stylus when I play games on my 3DS, so I'll just leave the pre-order stuffs alone. This is such a fun game, but my 3DS already ran out of battery grrr.

Kenai

I finally got this game and have been having a lot of fun with it. The nostalgia is incredible, and it helps that the game is a lot of fun too (I think I teared up a bit on Over The Hill the first time).

Right now I am grinding a specific Dark Note (my first one) for it's 3 Crystals since I can reliably beat the boss (Judge) and after that I will move on to another. I'm pretty sure one of the 3 is Cid so I will start using that Libra trick with him and Lightning to scout for the rest I need. The best part? This is a FUN grind. That's pretty rare for me.

Nif

OK, I didn't know about all this SS and SSS rank stuff. What exactly is the point of equipping anything? If you can't get the best ranks with equips, that renders them sort of irrelevant, doesn't it? I guess you'd have to play through the "feature drive" section once with equips to truly complete the stage, but other than that, if you want to get the best ranks, it seems like you should just always play with no equips, seeing as the only things you get by using equips are better equips! Of course, to unlock new characters you'd want equips so you can more easily get crystal shards to drop from bosses in dark notes, but other than that, I don't see the point. Silly design decision, IMO, seeing as it takes the same amount of skill to all-critical a stage with or without equips, and yet you're punished for using the neat equip system that they put in the game. Oh well.

Equipment will help grind shards on Dark Notes, at least.

Midou

Is it me or is ultimate way harder than expert? Basic was a huge joke, expert was more of a easyish difficulty and managed to get S and SS on first try for most, but I have trouble even completing ultimate songs. I've always been doing it with no equipment/abilities. I imagine some healing ones might help a lot since even missing a few notes seems to drain a lot of HP.

zroid

Banned
I'm too lazy and don't feel qualified, as I haven't put in as much time in this game yet as many of you, but if anyone wants to put together a quick FAQ, I will happily add it to the OP and give credit.

I can start:

Q: "How do you unlock harder difficulties in Series mode?"

A:
Complete the component songs of the Series at the given difficulty in Challenge mode.

Bururian

I have finally hit a Dark Note that I can not seem to pass, even with a properly suited lv99 party. My life is woe. Guess I'll have to keep playing at it.

TheGrue

Got to my first Dark Notes that have the rotating arrows. First couple I did, I thought, "well this is pretty easy...what is everyone complaining about?" Then I got a song with a ton of them in a row. Gonna take some practice to get past this one.

Really loving the game, though. After I hit that one Dark Note, I decided to start unlocking all the Ultimate score series, but then I hit the BMS for FFII. :( I guess I could just throw some armor on and get through it that way, but I like doing these with the Stoic Bonus.

Thought I was going to get Rhythm Thief yesterday to allow me to take a break, but my wife didn't come through when she went into town and so now am waiting to get it from Amazon on Thursday.

Bururian

Got to my first Dark Notes that have the rotating arrows. First couple I did, I thought, "well this is pretty easy...what is everyone complaining about?" Then I got a song with a ton of them in a row. Gonna take some practice to get past this one.

Really loving the game, though. After I hit that one Dark Note, I decided to start unlocking all the Ultimate score series, but then I hit the BMS for FFII. :( I guess I could just throw some armor on and get through it that way, but I like doing these with the Stoic Bonus.

Thought I was going to get Rhythm Thief yesterday to allow me to take a break, but my wife didn't come through when she went into town and so now am waiting to get it from Amazon on Thursday.

I hit the same problem you did. I also really want Rhythm Thief, but Theatrhythm is still eating all my time.

Same thing happened to me. The first few songs that had those were pretty easy since they were spaced out well and the notes always rotate 90 degrees so it's easy to react to. Then JENOVA showed up on a level 95 or so Dark Note and destroyed me. It was only the second time I played the song too outside of playing it at around level 20. That song goes way too fast to try and just react to the rotating notes. Definitely requires one to memorize sliding note placement.

Also, we need to get a GAF leaderboard going or have some sort of score competition. I'd like to compete against the scores of everyone here. I wanted to do a competition where I'd gift the amount needed to pick up that weeks DLC for the game, then I realized there's no gifting on the 3DS. Anyone have any ideas?

MicH

Just got the game today and I love it. The Dark Notes are pretty hard for me so far (only played the first lvl 5 one though, but I barely made it :p). Really liking it though. I have a question though: Is the battle theme from XIII in the game? When I played the series mode the battle theme wasn't the standard/normal battle theme.

Bururian

So after a week of getting shafted by my local Gamestop of my Stylus pre-order, I get a call from them today, saying that they have procured me one. Apparently the person who opened the store that morning gave out all the styluses to anyone who came in to buy the game, and didn't keep them aside for the people who pre-ordered the game.

So after a week of getting shafted by my local Gamestop of my Stylus pre-order, I get a call from them today, saying that they have procured me one. Apparently the person who opened the store that morning gave out all the styluses to anyone who came in to buy the game, and didn't keep them aside for the people who pre-ordered the game.

I bought it from target and it had the stylus ... No preorder or anything

Bururian

I bought it from target and it had the stylus ... No preorder or anything

It was packed into the box, yes? I was told those were sent out in the first wave of shipments. The Game Stop I bought from got multiple shipments in one order, so they were mixed into the regular copies. Or so that's what I'm told.

I have questions. Two of 'em!

1) When you collect enough shards to get a character, what happens with obtaining more shards of that type. Does the game always assign you shards of other colours or does it give you them then chuck 'em in the bin?

2) Are the stickers that come with the pre-order set the easy-peal reapply-able kind, or do you just have to pick the one and go with it forever?

1) When you collect enough shards to get a character, what happens with obtaining more shards of that type. Does the game always assign you shards of other colours or does it give you them then chuck 'em in the bin?

The game will stop giving you the colors you don't need anymore... which is actually quite convenient.

Bururian

I don't know the answer to #2, but:
as for the shards, Once you earn all of let's say Yellow Shards, you will never again earn a yellow shard, since you have gotten all the ones you need for that specific character.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The game will stop giving you the colors you don't need anymore... which is actually quite convenient.

Note that it doesn't make other color shards more likely to drop. You get nothing if a color you already completed would have dropped after beating a Dark Note boss, it doesn't just start dropping other color shards it may have that you haven't finished yet.

Arc07

Everyone had me scared with the rotating arrows on the "No.99" Dark Notes. First time around I think I did okay.
TQGpxl.jpg

The BMS scene kicked my ass though. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Whooooa, I streetpassed someone (this is a surprise in itself because I barely get streetpasses where I live), and got someone's proficard (extra surprise)! :O

Dude had a Dark Note I didn't have so pretty happy about that.

(Also, eff you Nintendo for having a daily limit of coins. I walked a lot today. Apparently I need a lot of these for Shinobi 3DS. :V)

wrowa

I've got to admit, I'm a little demotivated by the scoring system. In particular the 2 million bonus points for clearing a song "naked". Since I know this, I clear pretty much every song with at least S, even when I haven't played all that good. It's stupid: I'm getting better scores even when I was actually playing worse than my previous highscores. And why? Because I'm playing without skills and equip, something that's not affecting the actual gameplay anyway?

I really can't understand that design decision at all.

I also don't like that I've got to unlock pretty much everything with RM. I would prefer to get rewards for clearing/mastering difficult songs. The way it is, trying to master a difficult song feels kinda pointless to me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(Also, eff you Nintendo for having a daily limit of coins. I walked a lot today. Apparently I need a lot of these for Shinobi 3DS. :V)

I've been on vacation for a week. I brought my 3DS. I did about 50,000 steps (~25 miles) in the first three days and then stopped bringing it with me for the rest of the trip. I'd guess I did about 40-45 miles overall or 65+ km. I should have a bazillion coins if not for the stupid limit.

BlackJace

So that fight with
Chaos
was kinda disappointing. I liked the music and the background though, and he looks surprisingly cute in chibi form.

Now to unlock Expert Series.

Sadist

Same here. My original order fucked up, so I had to get it somewhere else. :(

At the same time, I kind of don't want it to come because I know I'm probably going to be disappointed.
I don't think I should be whining though, because I won it in a contest so I'm getting it for free. Still, the wait is pretty long :p

Whooooa, I streetpassed someone (this is a surprised in itself because I barely get streetpasses where I live), and got someone's proficard (extra surprise)! :O

Dude had a Dark Note I didn't have so pretty happy about that.

I used some play coins on just one Shinobi bonus stage/trial, it was so punishing in difficulty I never spent any play coins there again!

As much as I try to get dark notes with the few tracks i've yet to play the game does not wish to indulge me, and those damn arrow beats keep ruining my near perfection, only the arrows seem to screw me up even when I think i've done it right, and you people tell me there's harder spinning arrows?! i'm not sure how I feel about this.

Top Bottom