• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking Of Selling My PS5

I love Sony 1st party games. God of War. Uncharted. Last of us (first 2 times it released). But there is NOTHING on the HORIZON I’m excited for. I’ve enjoyed some 3rd party stuff but thats about it. I don’t see ANY exciting Playstation stuff announced or coming anytime soon. (Metal Gear Solid Delta is the only thing keeping me interested right now).

The 30th anniversary PS5 editions got me excited to go back and play my PSOne games. Its going to take sony at least 1 year or more to rebound from this ridiculous games as a service initiative and I’m tired as hell from Horizon being forced down my throat over and over again.

My cousin was thinking about getting a PS5 (owns a PS4) and asked me what games are good on it. I didn’t have much to say that he couldn’t play on the PS4.

I’m thinking of selling my PS5 and buy it again in a year or two when some actual games come out I really want to play. By that time there will probably be a price drop too. Until then, I’ll stick with my Switch and look at the upcoming Switch 2.

Anyone else thinking this? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

Kvally

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

For me PS4 didn’t get going until Uncharted 4 came out. The first few years of PS4 were a bit meh really apart from Bloodborne and MGS V (cross-gen).

There’s a few sequels I’m waiting on that will make or break PS5 for me…

GTA 6
Last of Us 3
Uncharted 5 (whoever’s developing)
Resident Evil 9 (& REX Engine)
Devil May Cry 6
Ace Combat 8

If these build on and improve over their PS4 equivalents then PS5 has potential to be the GOAT for me.

Last edited:
I love Sony 1st party games. God of War. Uncharted. Last of us (first 2 times it released). But there is NOTHING on the HORIZON I’m excited for. I’ve enjoyed some 3rd party stuff but thats about it. I don’t see ANY exciting Playstation stuff announced or coming anytime soon. (Metal Gear Solid Delta is the only thing keeping me interested right now).

The 30th anniversary PS5 editions got me excited to go back and play my PSOne games. Its going to take sony at least 1 year or more to rebound from this ridiculous games as a service initiative and I’m tired as hell from Horizon being forced down my throat over and over again.

My cousin was thinking about getting a PS5 (owns a PS4) and asked me what games are good on it. I didn’t have much to say that he couldn’t play on the PS4.

I’m thinking of selling my PS5 and buy it again in a year or two when some actual games come out I really want to play. By that time there will probably be a price drop too. Until then, I’ll stick with my Switch and look at the upcoming Switch 2.

So you intend to sell it at a discount and pay MSRP for a new one later? Unless you need the money now just put it in a box and take it out when you decide you want to play on it again.

I love Sony 1st party games. God of War. Uncharted. Last of us (first 2 times it released). But there is NOTHING on the HORIZON I’m excited for. I’ve enjoyed some 3rd party stuff but thats about it. I don’t see ANY exciting Playstation stuff announced or coming anytime soon.

Sony now announce games about a year or less before release.

Blame Neil Druckmann crying about crunch for that change in policy.

RPCGamer

I suspect the PS5 will have one more time to shine then a shift to the PS6 tbh

If I didn’t already have a bunch of PS5 discs, I would certainly consider it. Almost all of these games are available for my PS4 Pro. I even like the DualShock 4 better. I bought this PS5 day one and I think I can count the true PS5 games I’ve played on one hand.

For me PS4 didn’t get going until Uncharted 4 came out. The first few years of PS4 were a bit meh really apart from Bloodborne and MGS V (cross-gen).

There’s a few sequels I’m waiting on that will make or break PS5 for me…

GTA 6
Last of Us 3
Uncharted 5 (whoever’s developing)
Resident Evil 9 (& REX Engine)
Devil May Cry 6
Ace Combat 8

If these build on and improve over their PS4 equivalents then PS5 has potential to be the GOAT for me.
GTA6 would be big for me. Is that releasing 2025 or later?
Uncharted 5 would single handidly keep me from selling it. Didn’t know its bieng developed.

Zacfoldor

How tied up in the current zeitgeist must one be to let it actually alter your internal monolog? Persona was right, there is shared consciousness.

If you are a gamer you need a current gaming machine to play modern games on so they will actually run. Choose which one. There are only 2, PC or PS5, but you do you and go buy Soulja Boys console or an Xbox. Switch 2 ain't out yet. PC or PS5. That's it.

Matsuchezz

Phil Spencer is planning to sell his Xbox Series X because PS5 is getting even Xbox games, so he sees no point of owning a series console, maybe you can trade it with him for an Xbox series.

Last edited:

Kurotri

I'd keep it for GTA 6 alone. Plus there might be a few more games coming down the line that you could be interested in. You are thinking about this a little too late into the gen. Now is the worst time imo. Just remind yourself to buy a PS6 way later into the generation next time so you don't repeat the same mistake.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Other than Team Asobi none of Sony other internal first party games interest me but I still have 3rd party games I can look forward to and thats my biggest reason I still keep my PS5 around.

Last edited:
What are you going to play the big third party games on? Basically everything comes to PlayStation and is optimized for it. You realize that you’re not restricted to playing Sony first party games right?
Thats the thing thats held this moment off for me so far. But I feel like the value will drop by the time we get the next batch of worthy AAA 3rd party games on it.
You could just not play your PS5. (box it up, put it in storage, just walk away).

Your plan seems like your going to loose value in one transaction or another.
I feel like its just losing value. I’m thinking there will be bundles, price drops, special editions by the time enough games that are worth to own a PS5 comes out. It happens every generation. The difference is, I always had alot to look forward to thru-ought the years. Sony’s most exciting announcements this year has been hardware, not software.

Luc2010

I don't own a PS5, but I do recommend you keep it. Unless your broke and need money. Even then, you will probably lose money. I have a best friend that is stupid with his consoles. He will sell his console for no reason and will purchase said console back within 6 months to a year. This will happen many times. I always told him to hold onto said console, but he never listened.

I don't own a PS5, but I do recommend you keep it. Unless your broke and need money. Even then, you will probably lose money. I have a best friend that is stupid with his consoles. He will sell his console for no reason and will purchase said console back within 6 months to a year. This will happen many times. I always told him to hold onto said console, but he never listened.
Yeah I don’t sell my consoles usually, unless Im upgrading to a new version. But part of me is thinking, will there be anymore exciting stuff on PS5 before PS6 hits? We are halfway through the generation and I still feel like we haven't got shit from Sony. It still feels like the PS5 just launched and we are just playing launch titles and cross gen games. I dont know, I never felt like this with any other generation.

Top Bottom