• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking Of Selling My PS5

Take the deal op...

Don't be so chicken, sell it... right this second
I'll give you $100 and a pack of Oreos.
Unfortunately, that’ll only get me the ps5 disc drive when i want to buy it down the road. I can’t believe Im talking about this shit. They are selling fucking disc drives separately. What kind of bullshit is this. Do yall realise how stupid and crooked that is? Don't get me started on this. 😂

DinoD

You got stooged by Sony.
Sell Salesman GIF by Ryan Serhant

I feel you OP, I'm replaying the uncharted series on PS5 just so it wouldnt get full of dust due to lack of any games. In the last 2-3 years I've spent about 95% time on PC and 5% on PS5 and most of it was to replay stuff like tlou, spider-man, etc. I do have 2 exclusives I've yet to play which is Stellar Blade(waiting for a sale) and Unicorn Overlord but meh, not really that desperate to get these.

OP, you talk as if the only games available on the PS5 were the first-party ones. What about all the multiplatform ones?
Thats whats been keeping it for me so far. But 3rd party stuff that seems exciting aint coming out anytime soon I think? we got Switch 2 coming soon that sounds like all 3rd party will be there if the rumor of more power is true & I have a shitty discless xbox series s I dont play but got it for $150 so I’m keeping I can get through with (but hate buying digital).

//DEVIL//

I like GT7. its the best racing game and I always play it whenever I get the chance.

Also, I still didnt finish Rebirth. and most likely the 3rd installment will be released on playstation first so I want to play that.

GoT2 sounds interesting and fun just like the first one.

Wolverine sounds promising too. Still don't know what Naughty Dog is cooking.

There is always hope there is a Twisted Metal game in the works too.

selling it to buy a PS5 pro I can understand. but selling it completely and have no access to PlayStation games is something I don't get. what will you gain ? 300$ of resale value? not worth it to lose access to PlayStation games till Playstation 6 in 2027/2028.

just keep it at this point.

its not like its Xbox where you can play all the new releases on PC so you are not really losing much. PlayStation still has its value and fair share of exclusives ( even if timed exclusives )

fbnaulin

Neo Member
is it brand worship to sell a system you're dissatisfied with? or to keep a system you don't like anymore?

Mmmm, nah, maybe I overthought that.

Fair enough to sell something you are not enjoying. I got that OT is attached to the brand because it has a good run of games he enjoyed in the past, and he came to announce he's leaving the plattform.

Has there been enough current gen games that justifies the system for you? Thats the issue Im having.
I would say so. Returnal, Demon Souls Remake, Ratchet and Clank, GoW Ragnarok, plus various 3rd party titles that perform very well on the hardware. Can some of these titles be played on the ps4? Yes, but the best console experience will be on a PS5.

Jaybe

Sell it or keep it, it’s your call. Sony’s first party has had hits and misses this generation, but with being so guarded on announcements, it leaves little to get excited for. It also doesn’t help that AAA third party has fallen off a cliff too this generation. Have you played Astrobot or Wukong yet? Space Marines 2? Those seem a little interesting. But they will be there when you jump back in if you haven’t.

On my end, I’ve owned and sold most consoles over the last three generations, playing exclusives and other third party games on them and selling them when nothing interested me. I recently sold my PS5 after that May State of Play with Concord. Just a brutal SOP. I used the money for a Steam Deck and am loving that. Going to upgrade a few things in my PC to make it better as well, and likely stick to Steam/PC for some time. Probably will get a Switch 2 at some point. I’ll consider PlayStation 5 (or Pro) maybe near the end of the generation or just wait for the PS6 or who knows, maybe I’ll just stick to Steam/PC.

The Switch 2 hasn't announced any games yet either. Check mate.

Hey, you sound like you've already emotionally moved on and want to sell the PS5 to put towards the next Switch. Do it if you want, but remember no matter what you pick both system are going to have games coming out you'll want to play. Also keep in mind it might be a pita to even get a new system with scalpers picking everything clean.

My vote is just keep what ya got.

Mr.Phoenix

I am selling mine too. So I can buy the Pro.

Having said that, I find this kinda behavior irresponsible. Unless you are cash-strapped and just need the money, I don't see the sense in selling it only to buy it again in a year or two. You buy these things for the long haul... you know the generation will last 6-8 years when you jump on, and you know every great game is not going to be released for the console on day one. So I don't buy this whole thing of going one or two years in and saying "There is nothing to play on it" and "I am selling it" only to "buy it again when there is something to play".

What are you? 12?

Or am I missing something here?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Thats whats been keeping it for me so far. But 3rd party stuff that seems exciting aint coming out anytime soon I think? we got Switch 2 coming soon that sounds like all 3rd party will be there if the rumor of more power is true & I have a shitty discless xbox series s I dont play but got it for $150 so I’m keeping I can get through with (but hate buying digital).
Switch 2 is all smoke and rumors until the official announcement, and if I were you I wouldn't make any decissions until then.

About 3rd party stuff... That always depends on the kind of games you like to play. Both Metaphor and the remake of Dragon Quest III are around the corner, so people who like JRPGs are more than served.

KXVXII9X

I don't have a PS5 but I have found no reasons to pick up one. Especially, since they shifted heavily towards live service and shut down one of my favorite studios. Pair that with a slow release of exclusives and new IP's. I'm also not as interested in remakes/remasters aside from the upcoming Freedom Wars.

With that said, if you are thinking of picking up a PS5 later on when it has more games, I would just keep the system. Especially, if you don't any other console. The only reason I would get rid of it is if you want to get rid of stuff to declutter or pay off other expenses. PS5 paired with a Switch 2 would be a good match. You still get mostly all of the third-party games to play.

I'm personally waiting for Nintendo's next console. I don't think I can go back to a non-hybrid console or something as restrictive.

I mean realistically we hear 2027 but I still think we are looking at 2028 ps6 with a decent amount of games making it worth it. Let’s see where we are next year. The last 3 previous years the ps5 has been nothing more than a ps4 pro pro besides a handful of games (like 3 first party) which probably wouldn’t have been able to run on the base ps4. This last year we are starting to finally see the window open up for current gen. No point in selling if your going to buy again, IMO.

Euler007

I mean realistically we hear 2027 but I still think we are looking at 2028 ps6 with a decent amount of games making it worth it. Let’s see where we are next year. The last 3 previous years the ps5 has been nothing more than a ps4 pro pro besides a handful of games (like 3 first party) which probably wouldn’t have been able to run on the base ps4. This last year we are starting to finally see the window open up for current gen. No point in selling if your going to buy again, IMO.
I love all this talk about the PS6 suddenly. It's like when I go to the Google Pixel subreddit and everyone feels the need to tell others they're skipping the 9 and waiting for the 10. Real useful.

Trunim

I can think of 3 games…death stranding 2, kingdom come 2 and gta 6. The only reason i keep my ps5. Sony doesnt interest me with their ghost of-series and horizon games. Just a bunch of recycled ubisoft clones, but with cringier characters, how that is possible.

Top Bottom