• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thinking Of Selling My PS5

Saturn Dragon

Neo Member
I'm planning on buying the console soon, just for Astrobot, Demon's Souls and Stellar Booty.

But, I've just seen a Ps5 Slim bundle that includes Ratchet Rift Apart and Returnal, two games I've forgotten they existed.

You also have Spiderman 2, Rise of the Ronin, Wukong, and some more coming. (Phantom Blade Zero looks extreme)

New First party games? Sadly we will have to wait. Hopefully next year we'll get some Naughty Dog, Bend, Santa Monica or Bluepoint announcement (Bluepoint please do ICO remake)

Still, you have a point. I think by this time 4-5th year of Ps4 we had a lot more exclusives, and NO CROSS GEN GAMES AT ALL. By 2017-18 PS3 wasn't dead, it was literally wiped from the market sans the annual sports game.

As many said already. Cross generation is here to stay. And that's the reason I've been postponing buying Ps5.
I guess things will change when GTA 6 releases and it will be time for developers to let Ps4 die peacefully and sent to the console heaven.

Ps: I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn but I have ZERO interest on playing the sequel.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

RvnvGVI.jpeg

Crayon

Damn you're willing to roll with just a switch?

And you are hurting for aaa games that have to be specifically exclusive to the PS5?

That's a mindfuck.

RickMasters

I’m no Fan of Playstation butI will say…… I’d give the same advice I’d give to an Xbox one owner as you should probably give you your cuz……

Yeah he can play all those games on PS4….. but on PS5 he can play them. With all kinds of settings like a 60FPS option on some games .

I have series X and honestly Im enjoying a lot of my Xbox backlog with enhancements like 60FPS and improved texture filtering and whatnot ….. im actually due start my playthrough of fallout: new vegas soon. And I love that. Most new games are fluff anyway. My advice to your cuz would be the same but on the PS side. Buy it and play the games you ain’t got round to playing with boosted settings.

I remember peoppemcomplaing about immortals and calisto protocol. I own both but I’ll probably play them on the next box with enhanced settings, my backlog is that long. And in this day and age who don’t have a backlog? We don’t always need to play the newest games as and when they come out. It sucks that some games don’t run the way we like but who don’t have something else they can play to pass the time? Tell him tiger a PS5 and honestly bro…. I’d say keep yours. I’m an Xbox guy and I’m telling you that.

If I had a PS5 right now I’d be killing it on them PS1 downloads, the hamster and M2 retro stuff and Anything made before the DEI error of Sony. You and him got games upon games if you really think about it. Just stop thinking everything gotta be over the shoulder AAA flstory focused…… you play games for fun most of all… remember that. Fuck the new shit. We all got amazing back logs and better hardware to play them games on. Tell him to make use of that!

RickMasters

Imagine…. People say shot like this all the time while amazing games are out there. So what if they ain’t AAA exclusives?i was playing marvel vs capcom collection and. Probably logged more hours and smiles than any modern game.

People really forgot why they play games huh?

Jeez….. you made me defend the PS5 over this and I don’t even like Playstation but even I’ll admit if I had one I would probably own Atleast 300 games and be playing something.

I get that this is a shot era in gaming but honestly….. backlogs, people! You got stuff you been putting off! Go play them! I’m having the time of my life as far as taming between my backlog and gamepass. Don’t tell me you guys are not enjoying you games. What more do you want? You know the PC is always there right?

You know? I’m convinced more than ever that old games are better than the new ones. I thought it was just me but hearing how people get so upset over modern gaming….. tells me I’m one of the lucky ones who came from an era where games were proper!

Anyway…. I’m off to play some grandia….. never beat it on Saturn…. Time to Tick that one off the list. 😀

Malcolm9

I'm selling my OG PS5 (UK) to get a Digital PS5 Pro. I've literally got four disc games (Astrobot, Elden Ring, GT 7 and SF 6) that I'll sell with it as I'll get the digital versions of those games as well.

I would never sell it if it wasn't for the fact the Pro is coming out. This gen has been pretty good in my experience, plus I can play older games at a better resolution & framerate.

Last edited:
I don't see the point in selling if you think it's something you'll rebuy in a few years. I mean we have no idea if Sony will drop the price unless the bottom completely falls out in sales ( and what's the alternative in the space they compete in? Xbox?!).

I mean how much do you think you'll get for a regular PS5 now, since youll probably see alot of them on FB marketplace leading up to the Pro release and beyond. At least in my region I'm seeing people selling as low as 300(euros). I myself just bought a Slim disc model 2 weeks ago with a brand new controller and 2 games for 350.

Last edited:

Akuji

"Horizon forced down my throat"

I think u should quit Videogames for a year, period. If you feel pressured to play a game then ur in an unhealthy Spot

All the best.

LMJ

I'm planning on buying the console soon, just for Astrobot, Demon's Souls and Stellar Booty.

But, I've just seen a Ps5 Slim bundle that includes Ratchet Rift Apart and Returnal, two games I've forgotten they existed.

You also have Spiderman 2, Rise of the Ronin, Wukong, and some more coming. (Phantom Blade Zero looks extreme)

New First party games? Sadly we will have to wait. Hopefully next year we'll get some Naughty Dog, Bend, Santa Monica or Bluepoint announcement (Bluepoint please do ICO remake)

Still, you have a point. I think by this time 4-5th year of Ps4 we had a lot more exclusives, and NO CROSS GEN GAMES AT ALL. By 2017-18 PS3 wasn't dead, it was literally wiped from the market sans the annual sports game.
I think part of that sadly is Publishers ballooning budgets and need for big bucks in return, that's partly why Sony is chasing the GAAS dream is to stumble onto a game like HD2 or Fortnite...

Hopefully Astrobot is a wakeup call
As many said already. Cross generation is here to stay. And that's the reason I've been postponing buying Ps5.
I guess things will change when GTA 6 releases and it will be time for developers to let Ps4 die peacefully and sent to the console heaven.

Ps: I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn but I have ZERO interest on playing the sequel.
It's a fine game though they made Aloy insufferable, gameplay is great if a pit filler-ish with all the padding

Justin9mm

I love Sony 1st party games. God of War. Uncharted. Last of us (first 2 times it released). But there is NOTHING on the HORIZON I’m excited for. I’ve enjoyed some 3rd party stuff but thats about it. I don’t see ANY exciting Playstation stuff announced or coming anytime soon. (Metal Gear Solid Delta is the only thing keeping me interested right now).

The 30th anniversary PS5 editions got me excited to go back and play my PSOne games. Its going to take sony at least 1 year or more to rebound from this ridiculous games as a service initiative and I’m tired as hell from Horizon being forced down my throat over and over again.

My cousin was thinking about getting a PS5 (owns a PS4) and asked me what games are good on it. I didn’t have much to say that he couldn’t play on the PS4.

I’m thinking of selling my PS5 and buy it again in a year or two when some actual games come out I really want to play. By that time there will probably be a price drop too. Until then, I’ll stick with my Switch and look at the upcoming Switch 2.

Anyone else thinking this? Am I missing something here?
Well sell the PS5 and buy a Pro when you can because that's going to be the best console experience you can get, especially when GTA VI drops! GOY coming out next year too. We are nearing the end of 2024, there will be more 1st party on the Horizon in 2025, I have a feeling that we will see more announcements not that long from now.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I sold mine because I no longer felt there were enough exclusive games coming out for the console that I wouldn't be able to play at some point on PC.

I can see the value in keeping a Ps5 if you don't have a PC capable of modern gaming, but if you do, it's now more or less as pointless as the Series X, barring a very, very few titles.

Neo Blaster

If you don't mind missing multiplatforms that just don't exist on Switch, like GTA VI, then I think you should stick to Nintendo and never get back. You've just changed to another kind of userbase.

Top Bottom