• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

11220101_431742883665540_4340855946729839163_n.jpg
Also, they didn't have a better pic of Kid Rock? What the hell is he doing with his mouth there anyway?

One of my own family members posted this about an hour ago.

I'm just shaking my head, especially after my first overseas trip to another country. The mentality of people in America is just insane.
Isn't California the one that just became predominantly Hispanic too? Or am I thinking of like Arizona or something?

Hah well when their held down by systems put in place from centuries of being treated like cattle like black people, or beaten, demonized and legislated against for being straight like gay people, or blamed for their own deaths because they didn't own guns like so many victims of sick mass shootings both alive and dead; maybe then Cloyd can complain. Until then, dude needs some fucking perspective.

Hah well when their held down by systems put in place from centuries of being treated like cattle like black people, or beaten, demonized and legislated against for being straight like gay people, or blamed for their own deaths because they didn't own guns like so many victims of sick mass shootings both alive and dead; maybe then Cloyd can complain. Until then, dude needs some fucking perspective.
As a racist homophobe, I feel personally attacked by this post.

Ionic

The mentality of people in America is just insane.

Don't be so broad saying the "mentality of people in America". It needlessly hurts your perception of America. Do remember that though there are people in America who want Americans to speak only one language, you can still go to California and take your drivers exam in 32 languages. It's not like they're winning. It's a seriously diverse country.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Remember the good old days when you could be a racist sexist homophobe without fear of repercussions? Let's take America back, people.

Zeke

Because it represents his main demographic.
Toothless neck beards with shitty taste in music?
Edit: I think these people are onto something with the no voting if you're on welfare. I think I saw 38% of recipient's are white. That could make it easier dems to win elections and hurt gop turn out all at once.

Velcro Fly

He's not even from the south ffs. Why even fly that flag?

That's why it's so dumb. Dude is from fucking Michigan.

It definitely has more to do with the attitude that no one is going to tell him what to do than yeah I stand for this flag and what it represents. Just being a stubborn asshole to keep his image up.

It's ok though your one good song ever I just won't listen to it anymore.

Remember the good old days when you could be a racist sexist homophobe without fear of repercussions? Let's take America back, people.
Watch out, you can't speak about a time when you were proud of being an American without the PC Police coming to shut you down.

It's kind of crazy how much the "you shouldn't be able to vote while on welfare" thing has suddenly cropped up. This isn't the first person of upper intellect to suggest it.

Also, I can't fucking wait to see if Hillary gets the crazy awesome nicknames that Obama got. Obozo. Obummer. etc.

This is true about The Islamic Shock's nicknames. The right was pretty good at picking those out, lol.

Euron

I'm just shaking my head, especially after my first overseas trip to another country. The mentality of people in America is just insane.
I think I actually lost brain cells reading this. No really my head started hurting immediately after. This is taking "WE SPEAK ENGLISH IN MURICA" to a whole different stratosphere. We're a country built on many different backgrounds and cultures and some people just happen to understand another language better than English but "NOPE FUCK THEM BECOME ME OR GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY"

I guess this is why everyone calls me a racist and homophobe and I'm constantly discriminated against.

Oh wait...

Here's a thought: Perhaps you're being called these things because you are making claims and stating things that happen to be racist and homophobic.

What these people lack is a sense of empathy. Imagine what it's like being somebody other than yourself. Just because your parents and ancestors think/thought a certain way doesn't mean you need to as well.

Try living overseas. I'm always impressed by Chinese who learn any bit of the English language because the rules in English get broken left and right. Something that smacks you upside the head if you actually try teaching it to someone.

Dai101

Banned

So, i take that some idiot from your family speaks one indigenous dialect to be outraged, right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I realize that one Spongebob image posted back is more hilarious when you think about it more...Plankton and Squidward, who represent the Republican side, are pretty much how Conservatives views Liberals ("I went to college!")

Wasn't a facbook post, but today while driving from starbucks back to my home I saw somebody with one of those in loving memory decals on the rear window of their jeep.

Covered the whole thing.

It said: In Loving Memory of the USA. 1776-2008

I finally saw one this week. :/ Old childhood friend too. Nice guy, has a life-saver-type job. Kind of sad. He got corrected in a very slam dunk way in the replies, at least.

BQYWvmpl.jpg

neshcom

Banned
I finally saw one this week. :/ Old childhood friend too. Nice guy, has a life-saver-type job. Kind of sad. He got corrected in a very slam dunk way in the replies, at least.

BQYWvmpl.jpg

Oh my god, the insecurity is astounding. "Don't let the media tell you what not to like, but this thing I don't like ought to be punishable by death because I, someone on social media, say so."

hoola

Neo Member
This is an interesting topic for me. My entire family is conservative, but in very different ways. My dad's side of the family is comprised of white collar workers and business owners who generally complain about business and economic issues in person because they don't use facebook, whereas my mom's side of the family is very blue collar and they tend to complain about religious issues and gun rights alot on facebook. Some of my friends are liberals and they only post about gay marriage. Everyone has their outlet and interests. I don't mind either side posting their beliefs, even if I disagree with some.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
AntiGMO.jpg

Baby-Reflexology.jpg

These are just as bad.

I've tried to convey the misinformation in every polite way but people are just not critical thinkers.
Confirmation bias , placebo, argument from authority, all seem to the valid reasons people off all parties, of all intelligence, of all races and sexes, of all prior scientific knowledge and authority,; seem to follow bad and wrong science.

Corpekata

Banned
It's almost like you can dislike the Confederate flag and also not like people pooping on the flag too. Like, I feel like there's a bit of nuance in these positions.

AntiGMO.jpg

Baby-Reflexology.jpg

These are just as bad.

I've tried to convey the misinformation in every polite way but people are just not critical thinkers.
Confirmation bias , placebo, argument from authority, all seem to the valid reasons people off all parties, of all intelligence, of all races and sexes, of all prior scientific knowledge and authority,; seem to follow bad and wrong science.
I think "just as bad" is a little inaccurate. Maybe just as objectively incorrect or just as illogical, but I think there's a level of hate present in the other photos here that's missing from yours. I would say that makes them worse.

1555317_818356638225990_1630445197933757516_n.jpg

Why is this so fucking hilarious to me?
You think Obama and the PC Police suck? Well let me tell you about a man who was nailed to a cross and...

I'm not on Facebook, but I recently found out that my parents had a UKIP sign in one of the windows of their house. I don't talk politics with them because it just enrages me. I'm white British, but this is bearing in mind that my wife is mixed race (thus so are my children) and my eldest sister lives abroad. I don't think logic is their strong point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom