• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.
11707749_660985090668691_8114077984083998937_n.jpg
That's right, take down the Hispanic Scholarship logo from the South Carolina State Courthouse!

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

I mean, are people HONESTY surprised that the confederate flag might have a bit of a stigma attached to it? If you genuinely are not a racist, hateful person, why would you choose that flag to rally behind and associate yourself with?
The people I've seen defending it have an old #GamerGate mentality about it. "Some people have perverted the flag into a symbol of racism, but they're in the minority. It's actually a symbol of Southern Pride".

HeySeuss

Confederate lives matter? That one has to be subtle sarcasm right? Right?

Holy shit that one made my eyes roll more than any of the other ones.

RDreamer

I have to say that I love this thread. obviously the pictures still kind of make me angry, but it's nice to see them in the context of "Holy shit look at how awful this is. It's so awful I don't even need to say it, because you know it is." rather than in the context of Facebook where you can feel like there's way too many real people agreeing with the sentiment of some of this shit and you're alone thinking it's fucking nuts.

I saw the one about "muh oppressed straight self!" with the Confederate Flag in the background on Facebook today, but it was from my super leftist aunt who I think was mocking it.

That's the only one of these things I've seen recently.

Confederate lives matter? That one has to be subtle sarcasm right? Right?

Holy shit that one made my eyes roll more than any of the other ones.
I think the SpongeBob one is my favorite because
1. Why would you use SpongeBob?
2. 120 isn't exactly the highest IQ out there

Measley

Those confederate ones are fucking insane. How can people so obsessed with history be completely ignorant of it at the same time?

Dai101

Banned
Those confederate ones are fucking insane. How can people so obsessed with history be completely ignorant of it at the same time?

That's what happens when you let them rewrite their history by letting they teach that warped vision of them at schools.

pgtl_10

The real irony - I don't know if this applies to your friend - is that these are the types that get upset about things like gay marriage.

Respect my right to be a bigot, damn it! I'm being oppressed!

Jesus spoke a lot about helping the poor and sick yet they absolutely refuse to let government to help the poor and sick. They claim it is big government. However, they want government to enforce their views marriage and wars things that Jesus either didn't talk about or was against. They like big government when it espouses discrimination and violence.

Link

The Autumn Wind
There was a study linked recently that showed the more someone supported the Confederate flag, the less they actually knew about the Civil War.

Salbug

Not to mention Plankton is evil.

Not to mention plankton always loses.

Holy shit. It's even more hilarious now that I realize that. This is why I choose not to be affiliated with any party, or at least not be sucked into the extremist side of either. It seems the further down the hole you go the more blinded you become, and it gets to the point of believing in something that once fully analyzed becomes much more hilarious in hindsight, and can be used against you. I wish more people would try, and apply some sense, and logic, but I guess that's asking for too much.

Is this a new thing? I had never seen or heard it but I've seen it twice on just this page of the thread.

I don't know about it being new. All I know is that it's a prevalent thing on an Anti-Obama Facebook page which is pretty much Anti-Democrat in general.

Is this a new thing? I had never seen or heard it but I've seen it twice on just this page of the thread.

I've seen it before: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/democrats-run-highest-crime-cities-america

The cities with populations over 200,000 ranked as the most dangerous are:

Detroit, MI - Mayor Mike Duggan - DEMOCRAT
Oakland, CA - Mayor Jean Quan - DEMOCRAT
Memphis, TN - Mayor A C Wharton - DEMOCRAT
St. Louis, MO - Mayor Francis G. Slay - DEMOCRAT
Cleveland, OH - Mayor Frank G. Jackson - DEMOCRAT
Baltimore, MD - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake - DEMOCRAT
Milwaukee, WI - Mayor Tom Barrett - DEMOCRAT
Birmingham, AL - Mayor William A. Bell - DEMOCRAT
Newark, NJ - Mayor Ras Baraka - DEMOCRAT
Kansas City, MO - Mayor Sly James - Independent (but probably a DEMOCRAT)

I love how they assume the mayor of Kansas City is a Democrat.

We need some yin for this yang.

A friend of mine seems to have quite a few of these posted in the last few days.
but all of these are accurate (I am hoping that Bush one is just pointing out the silliness of the argument), however they are just as arrogant and polarizing.

but all of these are accurate (I am hoping that Bush one is just pointing out the silliness of the argument), however they are just as arrogant and polarizing.

The "arrogant and polarizing" part is basically what I was getting at. And it's yin/yang because the ones I posted are actually accurate as opposed to most of the shit posted in this thread... which I know is the original intent of the thread, but yeah. You get me.

"He was sold to me by an African. What was I supposed to do, NOT separate him from his family, keep him confined on my property, and force him to do excruciating work 18 hours a day for no reward?" #blackprivilege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom