• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three men gored at this years' Running of the Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

The Disturbing Sequence That Will Convince You To Never Go Running With The Bulls

The running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain at the Festival of San Fermin lasts for eight days. Each morning at 8 a.m., six fighting bulls are released as hundreds of people run along side of them for about a half of a mile. It is obviously very dangerous.

Today, three people were gored by the bulls, and three others were taken to the hospital with injuries according to the AP. An American tourist was gored in the stomach and had his spleen removed, a Spanish man was gored in the arm, and another 31-year-old Spanish man was gored twice in the groin and once in the leg.

This is a series of photos of the 31-year-old Spanish man being gored three times. He was rushed to the hosptial and underwent emergency surgery. Javier Sesma, hopital chief told the AP "The injuries are not as serious as one would have expected on seeing the televised footage," and that none of the injured taking to the hospital are in serious condition.

Graphic images, you have been warned: http://www.businessinsider.com/man-getting-gored-at-running-of-the-bulls-2013-7

GOOD. Fucking idiots got what they deserved. Spanish need to sort their act out when it comes to animal cruelty.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
CxxaFs8.jpg

I'm not happy people got hurt, but I hope this can dissuade people from doing dumbass shit like this with animals, especially bulls.

The bull spearing BS really pisses me off too.

Spain, home of The Baby Jumping Festival, The Tomatina Tomato Throwing Festival, The Running of the Bulls, and Bull-Fighting Animal Slaughter.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think this is an awesome tradition but jesus getting gored like that must be fucking horrifying, they should know what they're dealing with when they go in so as much as it sucks it's kind of hard to really feel bad for them because they knew the risks.

Spain, home of The Baby Jumping Festival, The Tomatina Tomato Throwing Festival, The Running of the Bulls, and Bull-Fighting Animal Slaughter.

Wasn't there also a tradition in one town of throwing a donkey off of a tower as well?

The tomato festival is pretty awesome though

andthebeatgoeson

Trauma doctor getting paid? I'm okay with this. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes to drive the Audi.

I would recommend some of you guys buying a motorcycle too. Stimulate the economy.

I think this is an awesome tradition but jesus getting gored like that must be fucking horrifying, they should know what they're dealing with when they go in so as much as it sucks it's kind of hard to really feel bad for them because they knew the risks.
No.. it's really not. The bulls are panicked and enraged and there's a good chance people and the bulls themselves will be hurt. There is nothing positive in this event.

Wasn't there also a tradition in one town of throwing a donkey off of a tower as well?

It was actually a goat, but I think it was banned. Anyway, here in Spain San Fermín is a festivity with a lot of tradition and whatever (and it actually gets a lot of international tourism), but personally I think its kind of meh, people claims its cultural heritage when at the end everyone and its mother is drunk like hell. Anyway I'm not very fond of any of this or the bull fighting -_- .

I laughed entirely too hard at that last pic.

The guys reaction + the skin being lifted with the bulls horns.

That shit slayed me man.

EulaCapra

Score 3 three for the bulls! If I had my way, I'd let like 150 bulls roam free and start a massacre there. You know, for cultural tradition.

undu

A goat, it got baned in 2002.

There's another village that throws turkeys off the 35-meter bell tower. They do it because it "brings good luck" to the one that catches it, iirc.

pava_de_cazalilla_jaen_ff529407f5d928c1620a7e251.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This is basically a Jackass bit posing as a national tradition. So dumb.

Burli

Pringo
I still find it amazing how easily the horns pierce through skin and flesh, they're dull as fuck on top, must absolutely kill.

Here's my opinion; Everyone who takes part in these run deserves what they get, not only that, they should expect it. Grow up and realise you're not immortal and stop exploiting animals for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom