• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ2002

Everything does if it goes long enough

anyone Mention Nazi's yet? we can throw in godwin's law as well.

It's amazing... reading the first posts of the thread then comparing it with the last page... always leaves me dumbfounded.

From my personal experience stop using dating sites and meet people in person at a bar. I know its hard because some people can be awkward and shy but do your best to break out of it. Its a lot different when people see you in the flesh instead of just a soulless profile.

I agree to some extent... it all depends on the type of person your trying to meet. professional mixers (if your career driven), event's you like to attend (looking for something in common as a foundation), etc... those places are best when it comes to meeting people.

Bars are good but the common denominator at the moment is booze and you could end up with a low key drunk.

Peterthumpa

From my personal experience stop using dating sites and meet people in person at a bar. I know its hard because some people can be awkward and shy but do your best to break out of it. Its a lot different when people see you in the flesh instead of just a soulless profile.

I think it depends a lot of where you live and the local culture. I.e.: this would be totally possible where I used to live in South America, but living in Vancouver (for example), I can't see that as a viable option without worrying about my first impression.

Good question. I tend to swipe right on anything that's a 7 plus but then if we actually match the pressure is on to message them with something insightful. I'm not gonna do that unless they're my type.

Besides poems, I tend to just send "Wag1 famalam" to not Mediterranean looking women.

It's not that I find them unattractive. I just don't find them attractive because they don't have the features that I like. It's as simple as that.

I was speaking generally, that doesn't mean that there's exceptions. I have swiped right on black women before.

I feel you. I don't find white men attractive at all for the most part. They generally don't have features I find attractive. But there's rare exceptions of course.

kavanf1

It's amazing... reading the first posts of the thread then comparing it with the last page... always leaves me dumbfounded.
You think it's amazing and dumbfounding that conversations evolve? How do you cope when people do this in real life...do you gasp with horror?

It's not that I find them unattractive. I just don't find them attractive because they don't have the features that I like. It's as simple as that.

I was speaking generally, that doesn't mean that there's exceptions. I have swiped right on black women before.

This is fine. It's just you didn't have to add how many black people you knew in the mix or make a blanket statement about all black women.

and they said #36s dont exist

Felix_von_Luschan_Skin_Color_chart.svg

damn, black people ruined another thread, sorry OP
Calling shenanigans 36 is clearly blue

Blue people need luv too tho <3

Zee-Row

Banned
I think it depends a lot of where you live and the local culture. I.e.: this would be totally possible where I used to live in South America, but living in Vancouver (for example), I can't see that as a viable option without worrying about my first impression.

I think if we did a height contest on GAF I would probably be the shortest guy on this site. I'm only 5' 4". But yeah it took me a while to realize that online dating was not for me and I had to do my presentation in person.

I myself have tried to cut back a little just to see what it would do to me. Well for one now it doesn't take much to get me going so googling things like that are dangerous :D I'm so weak willed.
The break up with my ex and the as of now two whole sexless months have left me...thirsty. I'm bad with women, ain't getting my dick wet again any time soon.

Playing with that chest hair, rubbing your hand on that man scape with rock hard abs, that happy trail....*melts* *bites lip* *melts again*

*chucks razors out the window*

*panickingly apologizes to the children that stepped on them*

*has an epiphany that I prefer having a smooth shaved body despite others preferences and retrieves the razors and rinses the child blood off of them*

ok so we went from guys complaining about tinder

to guys bitching about not being tall enough to date some girls (I guess being judged by physical attributes is a new thing or something)

to just full on people calling each other racists.

quite the thread!

We posting people's tinder profiles without their consent now bruhs?

I agree that this is creepy. But what about using group photos on Tinder with your friends? Should you ask their permission first? I didn't bother..

Calling shenanigans 36 is clearly blue

Blue people need luv too tho <3

Are you saying Blue lives matter?

That's probably the only preference I have. I love hairy men. &#10084;

Girl even my feet are hairy ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

With my 5 feet eight, I could get some hot hobbit cosplay going

Roufianos

This is fine. It's just you didn't have to add how many black people you knew in the mix or make a blanket statement about all black women.

I mentioned it because here I am being accused of being racist against black people when I'm actually the complete opposite.

I have absolutely nothing against black people but that doesn't mean that I have to find their women attractive.

People are so quick to throw around labels without considering the implications of the words they're using.

Would I be meeting up with my black friend tomorrow if I was racist? Would I be going on holiday next week with a different black guy if I was racist?

When I say I have black friends, I mean it. I'm not referring to some stranger at the gym who I nod at as people are implying.

Fucking hell. People are trying to hard to be politically correct and losing sight of reality.

Squalor

I mentioned it because here I am being accused of being racist against black people when I'm actually the complete opposite.

I have absolutely nothing against black people but that doesn't mean that I have to find their women attractive.

People are so quick to throw around labels without considering the implications of the words they're using.

Would I be meeting up with my black friend tomorrow if I was racist? Would I be going on holiday next week with a different black guy if I was racist?

When I say I have black friends, I mean it. I'm not referring to some stranger at the gym who I nod at as people are implying.

Fucking hell. People are trying to hard to be politically correct and losing sight of reality.
Hahahaha.

The GAFfer who keeps on giving. This is amazing.

Shredderi

I miss spooning. Only spoon I get is the damn ice cream spoon.

Yeah but that is a pretty damn good spoon as well. I could really go for some ice cream right now. This thread kinda got me to get back on the "eat healthy and lose weight" wagon so even after just one day of eating well I'm craving ice cream already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom