• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I don't have a PS4. I don't date black consoles

MJ2g4TP.jpg

No excuses.
Ded

We can bury it though. I didnt mean to be too harsh on anyone. Lets drop it. Just doesnt sit right with me. It goes against my own personal internet etiquette. To each their own.

Cool, we'll drop it. Don't get me wrong, I think there's a way of expressing that that behavior is frowned upon on this forum without going to full on you're creepy, weird, troll, etc... Because afterall this is a community, and most people will conform to what's deemed acceptable around here.

We gucci tho.

Cool, we'll drop it. Don't get me wrong, I think there's a way of expressing that that behavior is frowned upon on this forum without going to full on you're creepy, weird, troll, etc... Because afterall this is a community, and most people will conform to what's deemed acceptable around here.

We gucci tho.
giphy.gif

Roufianos

Your correction is fine. Your initial statement was not. When you use a blanket statement about an entire race - that statement is racist.

When almost everyone jumped on that initial comment, instead of bunkering down and proving you're not a racist I swear, you should look back and reflect on why everyone had such a reaction.

Is it KKK racism? No. But when people freely say stuff like that, it perpetuates an idea that saying it is fine and socially acceptable. It is absolutely casual/diet racism. Reflect on that rather than using 'being called racist is worse than racism' - that's a defence racists use, btw, so don't go there.

If you merely mentioned a preference for olive skin, no one would have bat an eyelid. What was the point of saying 'I don't find [all] black women attractive [regardless of a wide spectrum of skin tone, or vastly differing facial features]'?

You can argue it's semantics, but that's exactly how diet racism is perpetuated; people who don't identify as racist that think it's ok to make blanket statements about race.

I admit that I could have phrased it a lot better but even then, that statement is just a matter of physical preference. There was no deeper meaning by it so I genuinely don't consider it to be racist.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed answer though.

Omgosh, what is really going on in here? I was enjoying the posts going page by page since it started then I stopped reading for a while, come back and it has become all scary and unrecognizable. It's somewhat like the effect that Donald Trump has had on politics.

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm black and I haven't seen a shade of people or race that I didn't find attractive. I've come to the conclusion that shade/race doesn't have anything to do with it.

Fury451

Banned
Recessive genes: fucking up Eugenics since 10,000 BC

This is what's funny about the tall spouse=tall kids mentality. Both my parents are short (under 5'4"), but I'm 5'10"

Not exactly a giant, but still.

My good friend has tall parents, he just clears 5'8"

So like....its not like you can accurately predict it.

Media

This is what's funny about the tall spouse=tall kids mentality. Both my parents are short (under 5'4"), but I'm 5'10"

My oldest son is 13 and already taller than me (5'9) He's not going to have any trouble lol. His dad's family runs short (he's the tallest at 5'10, his brothers are 5'5 and under, his mom is 5 even) but my family runs tall. All my brothers are over 6'4

Shredderi

My oldest son is 13 and already taller than me (5'9) He's not going to have any trouble lol. His dad's family runs short (he's the tallest at 5'10, his brothers are 5'5 and under, his mom is 5 even) but my family runs tall. All my brothers are over 6'4

All the men in my family are taller than me. Both from my dad's and mom's side. The women of my family are shorter than me but for some reason men are all taller. Like, why?

Eh, more of an outlier or what? My father is tall, and his siblings are tall, too. My mother is probably 5'6". I'm the tallest in the family at 6'1".

Being tall definitely does help. When I was out with a couple of guys I just barely knew, I heard them talking about me while talked to girls about my height. Even men recognize height, too.

vypek

All the men in my family are taller than me. Both from my dad's and mom's side. The women of my family are shorter than me but for some reason men are all taller. Like, why?

This is my exact same situation. The tallest woman on either my mom or dad's side is the same height as me. Only if I start counting family members farther like cousins of my parents does that change. But I'm easily the shortest of all the men.

Roufianos

So give up and be labelled something I'm not?

You're such a big man attempting to mock and belittle me, how about actually contributing to the discussion.

1. How is "I don't find black girls attractive" any different to a lesbian saying "I don't find men attractive"?

Is the lesbian's comment also racist? Do you think it makes her sexist? Isn't it more likely that these statements are just a matter of physical preference and nothing more sinister?

2. Why have I not been called racist for not liking blonde and blue eyed women? There's literally no difference between my statements on them and those in regards to black women.

Again, my grandmother had blonde hair and blue eyes. Some of my aunts do. My sister also has blonde hair. According to the backwards logic of people in this thread, that makes me racist against my own heritage.

Also since you act like such a player, have you ever used Tinder? What kind of women were you matching with?

Redd

My dad is 5'6" tops and my mom was 4'11". Here I am at 5'10" and feel that's tall enough though I always wished I made 6 feet.

You're such a big man attempting to mock and belittle me, how about actually contributing to the discussion.

1. How is "I don't find black girls attractive" any different to a lesbian saying "I don't find men attractive"?

Is the lesbian's comment also racist? Do you think it makes her sexist? Isn't it more likely that these statements are just a matter of physical preference and nothing more sinister?

2. Why have I not been called racist for not liking blonde and blue eyed women? There's literally no difference between my statements on them and those in regards to black women.

Again, my grandmother had blonde hair and blue eyes. Some of my aunts do. My sister also has blonde hair. According to the backwards logic of people in this thread, that makes me racist against my own heritage.

I don't think white guys are all that. Men like Brad Pitt or Chris Pratt or whatever dude women are fawning over, I don't get it. I think those guys are average at best, but certainly not bad looking. But even I think the dude who plays Crixus on Spartacus could get it and I admit the guy who plays The Flash is kind of cute.

The fact you have no exceptions is why you come off as racist. You say you like Mediterranean women for their skin color when my aunts are black and have olive skin like women from that region. The same is true for women like Beyoncé.

Comparing this to being lesbian is stupid.

Not

Banned
All we'd have to do is show a lot more black women in movies and magazines being desirable to white guys and then all the little boys wouldn't grow up thinking white women are top of the chain

We've got a long damn way to go

All we'd have to do is show a lot more black women in movies and magazines being desirable to white guys and then all the little boys wouldn't grow up thinking white women are top of the chain

We've got a long damn way to go
How can white women be top of the chain when Asian and Hispanic women exist?

Squalor

So you implied I was some kind of loner wanker but I bet the quality of those Tinder matches had you eating your words.

What's your response? To come back with another inaccurate / bitchy comment?
Haha, this guy is a lost cause.

No one gives two shits about your Tinder matches.

You're a real creep for posting their pictures and admitting to trolling them, though.

Also since you act like such a player, have you ever used Tinder? What kind of women were you matching with?

Look man, I was giving you honest advice when I told you to stop posting. Every post you're making is making you look progressively worse. It would be a lot better for you to take a break from this thread and we would have forgotten about it within an hour, than to re-appear constantly to remind us of your assholeness.

And with the last part, are you being serious with that shit? Do you want to us to compete in number of Tinder matches to determine who is the most alpha? Maybe I should upload their pictures so that the rest of gaf can rate them from 0 to 10, and we can get the objective truth about who matches with the hottest girls on Tinder? I don't even know where you got the idea that I'm such a player? I regularly share with gaf my relative lack of sexual experience and dating woes.

Since you insist: I've used OKcupid for around 3 years, and in that time met up with two girls from there. I've used Badoo for about a year, and in that time met up with two girls from there. I've used Tinder for a bit less than a month, and met up with three girls and spoken on the phone with a fourth who I hope to meet up with soon.

I realize this is not a lot, so I guess you win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom