• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I miss spooning. Only spoon I get is the damn ice cream spoon.

We're two of a kind.

Girl even my feet are hairy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

With my 5 feet eight, I could get some hot hobbit cosplay going

OMG ya'll are KILLING me

What's a happy trail

That lovely trail of hair down the tummy to your.... CENSORED LIKE OMG

Hair between your butt cheeks. Up to your back.

I won't survive in here I'm crying now

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I mentioned it because here I am being accused of being racist against black people when I'm actually the complete opposite.

I have absolutely nothing against black people but that doesn't mean that I have to find their women attractive.

People are so quick to throw around labels without considering the implications of the words they're using.

Would I be meeting up with my black friend tomorrow if I was racist? Would I be going on holiday next week with a different black guy if I was racist?

When I say I have black friends, I mean it. I'm not referring to some stranger at the gym who I nod at as people are implying.

Fucking hell. People are trying to hard to be politically correct and losing sight of reality.

giphy.gif

Good god, man.

Syder

I mentioned it because here I am being accused of being racist against black people when I'm actually the complete opposite.

I have absolutely nothing against black people but that doesn't mean that I have to find their women attractive.

People are so quick to throw around labels without considering the implications of the words they're using.

Would I be meeting up with my black friend tomorrow if I was racist? Would I be going on holiday next week with a different black guy if I was racist?

When I say I have black friends, I mean it. I'm not referring to some stranger at the gym who I nod at as people are implying.

Fucking hell. People are trying to hard to be politically correct and losing sight of reality.
If I were one of your black friends and I read your posts, I'd probably consider if it was wise to ever speak to you again. Seriously, show them this thread and what you've said and see how it goes.

To some extent I agree with you, but surely you gotta find it funny that you unintentionally used the tried and true "I'm not racist, some of my friends are black" excuse used for decades. LOL

The thing about racism is there are different degrees and extents to how it can rear it's ugly head. For the record, I don't think you're racist; but just because you have black friends doesn't mean you can't be racist towards them; That's like me saying I only date women, therefore I can't be sexist towards them.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I see your game. And I'm going to say nnnnuuuuoouuuummmmmyyyeessss

Not quite, but that area is the goddamn WORST. Its a fucking thornbush for me.

If I had the money id burn it off with a satellite laser. Fortunately its the only hair that grows on my back

lmao, bruh, are you saying you have hair growing between your butt cheeks all the way up to your back? i was just kiddin' bruh lmaooo that shit wasnt real you need to see a doctor!

Oxn

To some extent I agree with you, but surely you gotta find it funny that you unintentionally used the tried and true "I'm not racist, some of my friends are black" excuse used for decades. LOL

The thing about racism is there are different degrees and extents to how it can rear it's ugly head. For the record, I don't think you're racist; but just because you have black friends doesn't mean you can't be racist towards them; That's like me saying I only date women, therefore I can't be sexist towards them.

Exactly, and everyone is racist, just to what extent.

And who gives a fuck if someone think your racist or not.

lmao, bruh, are you saying you have hair growing between your butt cheeks all the way up to your back? i was just kiddin' bruh lmaooo that shit ain't real you need to see a doctor!

YES AND IM VERY ASHAMED OF IT THANKS :<<

Wait all the way up the back? No just to the cute lil heart shape above the butt. That's where true darkness dwells

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm just messing with you m8. I only have love <3

Anyway, I'll be off now you guys.
If there are any black women in here. PM me.

My hair growth is weird. My face, legs and balls are hairy as fuck but I have no body hair. I have barely any armpit hair. I do have nipple hair tho.

It may not be normal, but on the flipside I don't think it's as creepy and weird as some of ya'll were trying to portray it.
Thats cool. I think its creepy and weird. By all means though, share girls profile pics all over the net for all I care. Im sure they wouldnt mind.

Llyranor

Your correction is fine. Your initial statement was not. When you use a blanket statement about an entire race - that statement is racist.

When almost everyone jumped on that initial comment, instead of bunkering down and proving you're not a racist I swear, you should look back and reflect on why everyone had such a reaction.

Is it KKK racism? No. But when people freely say stuff like that, it perpetuates an idea that saying it is fine and socially acceptable. It is absolutely casual/diet racism. Reflect on that rather than using 'being called racist is worse than racism' - that's a defence racists use, btw, so don't go there.

If you merely mentioned a preference for olive skin, no one would have bat an eyelid. What was the point of saying 'I don't find [all] black women attractive [regardless of a wide spectrum of skin tone, or vastly differing facial features]'?

You can argue it's semantics, but that's exactly how diet racism is perpetuated; people who don't identify as racist that think it's ok to make blanket statements about race.

Your correction is fine. Your initial statement was not. When you use a blanket statement about an entire race - that statement is racist.

When almost everyone jumped on that initial comment, instead of bunkering down and proving you're not a racist I swear, you should look back and reflect on why everyone had such a reaction.

Is it KKK racism? No. But when people freely say stuff like that, it perpetuates an idea that saying it is fine and socially acceptable. It is absolutely casual/diet racism. Reflect on that rather than using 'being called racist is worse than racism' - that's a defence racists use, btw, so don't go there.

If you merely mentioned a preference for olive skin, no one would have bat an eyelid. What was the point of saying 'I don't find [all] black women attractive [regardless of a wide spectrum of skin tone, or vastly differing facial features]'?

You can argue it's semantics, but that's exactly how diet racism is perpetuated; people who don't identify as racist that think it's ok to make blanket statements about race.

Pretty much on point. Better said than me.

Yeah but that is a pretty damn good spoon as well. I could really go for some ice cream right now. This thread kinda got me to get back on the "eat healthy and lose weight" wagon so even after just one day of eating well I'm craving ice cream already.
I used to eat Talenti but now my broke ass is eating Turkey Hill.

Roufianos

If I were one of your black friends and I read your posts, I'd probably consider if it was wise to ever speak to you again. Seriously, show them this thread and what you've said and see how it goes.

They know that I don't find black woman attractive and they don't give a shit.

They know that I have a specific type. If they thought I was racist then I doubt they'd even speak to me.

I've never met anyone in real life who thought it was a problem. If I had then you can bet your ass that I wouldn't have made the post in the first place. Way too much drama.

Case in point, one of my best friends in college was a black girl. I used to sit next to her in 2 of my 3 classes.

People always used to imply that there was something more to our friendship but she used to answer "He doesn't find black girls attractive and I don't like white guys". I would answer the same. I don't recall anyone accusing us of being racist or even looking slightly shocked.

PK Gaming

Well yeah.

Don't use Tinder unless you're 100% prepared.

protectmelee.png

It's like challenging a high level enemy in an RPG. You only have yourself to blame if you get burned.

As to my friends, they don't; but then again that's something you shouldn't have to worry about since they're my friends.
We can bury it though. I didnt mean to be too harsh on anyone. Lets drop it. Just doesnt sit right with me. It goes against my own personal internet etiquette. To each their own.

Friends is a whole other matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom