• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Anybody in here play Overwatch recently?

You know how they overhauled Symmetra and gave her a new ability, the ability to project a shield that steadily moves forward from the point you deploy it?

I was thinking, something pretty similar would work as a replacement for Tone's shield. That way you couldn't just park behind it and slow combat to a crawl, you'd have to keep moving forward in order to benefit from it.

Titans could simply dash to the side of it like they do now, but since it's moving forward, the angles of attack open up quicker.

Thy could even make it so that if the shield hits a player as it's moving, it has an EMP grenade style temporary blinding/static effect.

Combined with a slight nerf to the the distance/damage curve of Tone's 40mm, I feel like this would help force her into more of the mid-range engagements she's SUPPOSED to be in (via the description), and all around just make the battles against her more dynamic, as she'd be forced to be more aggressive.

Thoughts?

Argonomic

I don't want to buy or play the game on console, but I'm starting to get bummed out playing on PC to the point of giving up. I want to play Last Titan Standing, or Amped Hardpoint, or even Bounty Hunt - but I can't. 0 players queuing up for those game modes.

Attrition is all you get. Well that's not 100% true - you can queue for Mixtape but then you don't get to pick what you play and often get stomped by the same few folks since so few queue. It's frustrating that I found a game I like and can't play it simply by there being not enough people.

We have been working on this issue.

Progress will resume when we return to work in 2017.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not true. They are also not necessarily easily avoidable. I swear the detection AI is legit broken.
I dunno, the only time I get surprised by one is when they are behind a blind corner, in which case you're screwed. Otherwise there's this weird several second delay from when they seem to be able to detect you and when they start firing.

Izuna

Banned

Happy New Year <3<3<3<3<3 Thank you for making the masterpiece that is Titanfall!

~~

please don't patch out the EPG quick swapping just as I learn to do it with ease
for real though, this is a little op...

Posted this in the figure thread, but though you guys would appreciate it.

Got the Three Zero 1/6 Titanfall Pilot yesterday, was able to find it on an obscure website for retail price. Very pleased with it so far, the light up visor feature is great(turns blue and red) and his tailoring, weathering and accessories are top tier. He goes great with my Atlas and small pilot. ;)

FUCKING AWESOME!!!! (^_____^)

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Look forward to seeing what updates come next yr, haven't played in a few days though. I don't want to get burned out and really want to wait until we get some new maps or game modes. Currently playing God of War III remastered

Happy New Year TitanfallGAF

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey guys, I'm new to this OT as I only picked up TF2 when I brought my Pro on Boxing Day. Looking for more people to play with currently - PSN: Kurt-Niisan

I'm in NZ, and usually play after work and on weekends.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First time I saw someone T-bag in Titanfall and I just have to laugh at how some guy thinks playing Titanfall on New Years Eve in a public match makes him in a badass. lol

Naar

You know how they overhauled Symmetra and gave her a new ability, the ability to project a shield that steadily moves forward from the point you deploy it?

I was thinking, something pretty similar would work as a replacement for Tone's shield. That way you couldn't just park behind it and slow combat to a crawl, you'd have to keep moving forward in order to benefit from it.

Titans could simply dash to the side of it like they do now, but since it's moving forward, the angles of attack open up quicker.

Thy could even make it so that if the shield hits a player as it's moving, it has an EMP grenade style temporary blinding/static effect.

Combined with a slight nerf to the the distance/damage curve of Tone's 40mm, I feel like this would help force her into more of the mid-range engagements she's SUPPOSED to be in (via the description), and all around just make the battles against her more dynamic, as she'd be forced to be more aggressive.

Thoughts?

While it would work great for my play style as I am an offensive type player, it would be bad on smaller maps. Using that type of shield in a map like complex or crash site would be like not using it at all.

A lot of the maps can be cramped and if the shield keeps moving you will just run out of space.

Bare in mind that these games aren't polling data at infinite intervals. The term negligible comes to mind.

I hope you're not connecting everything to your display with short cables.

If an extra ms causes the output to overlap onto the next frame it's the equivalent of adding 16ms of input latency. They don't poll at infinite intervals but that isn't necessarily a good thing in the first place, and it doesn't rescind the potential for extra latency.

And no, of course I don't use short USB cables but I just don't like passing the signal through extra devices without truly knowing what it's doing in regards to latency. Best way to avoid that is not to do it.

ByWatterson

Ermagherrrrrd, finally got "Becomes the Master" trophy. Might the hardest single trophy I've ever gotten. Either way, felt great to get, feels better to be done with it.

Thoughts?

I could be wrong but I doubt we'd see a fundamental revision of her kit like this. What you describe would make her a completely different character to what she is now, and I'm not sure that's what Respawn would want.

Both primary and secondary weapons, does not amp ordnance.

Does it amp Titan's though? Can you amp Northstars shots?

Izuna

Banned
If an extra ms causes the output to overlap onto the next frame it's the equivalent of adding 16ms of input latency. They don't poll at infinite intervals but that isn't necessarily a good thing in the first place, and it doesn't rescind the potential for extra latency.

And no, of course I don't use short USB cables but I just don't like passing the signal through extra devices without truly knowing what it's doing in regards to latency. Best way to avoid that is not to do it.

Were talking extra &#956;s, not ms. There's no difference here.

At the very least, ChronosMax seems to be used in competitions (CoD?). A hub adding latency would be very surprising.

I get where you're coming from, but practically, a hub isn't adding anything to your latency.

Naar

Why can't I stream this game with good quality? It's the only thing I stream that has a bad quality. Also there is some lagging for the viewer as well.

I tried different possible combinations and even just streamed a pre recorded match and even though the video was in full hd, the stream wasn't and it was also lagging. At some points the stream got very pixilated

I tried using both OBS and the Elgato interface. I tried changing the quality of the stream and used anywhere from 800kbs -2500kbs and was pretty much the same quality regardless.

Even tried 2 different connections and even having the PS4 on one connection and the stream on another and still getting bad quality.

Any tips?

Why can't I stream this game with good quality? It's the only thing I stream that has a bad quality. Also there is some lagging for the viewer as well.

I tried different possible combinations and even just streamed a pre recorded match and even though the video was in full hd, the stream wasn't and it was also lagging. At some points the stream got very pixilated

I tried using both OBS and the Elgato interface. I tried changing the quality of the stream and used anywhere from 800kbs -2500kbs and was pretty much the same quality regardless.

Even tried 2 different connections and even having the PS4 on one connection and the stream on another and still getting bad quality.

Any tips?

You need way higher bitrate than that to achieve good result on high speed FPS games, I use 3600kbps, 720p60fps to get good enough results.

Naar

You need way higher bitrate than that to achieve good result on high speed FPS games, I use 3600kbps, 720p60fps to get good enough results.

Yea I assumed it was the speed of the game. I didn't try upping the but rate above 2500 as most of the time it was good when I streamed other things. I guess I'll try that later :)

Yep. Hard to achieve a high enough bitrate for the most frenetic moments to come out in good quality. One of the biggest reasons I don't stream is because I want high quality video for those have to capture moments.

Maybe I'll start streaming post-montage.

Naar

Oh I just remembered something about why I didn't go over 2500kbs

Doesn't Twitch not allow you to go over 2500 unless you are a partner? Or was it only giving you 720p to stream?

Naar

OK I changed the bit rate to 3500 and the quality is so much better now, but the game is not fluid. The frame rate in the stream is all over the place. I tried both 30fps and 60fps all while streaming in 720p but its not fluid.

Any suggestions?

Yep. Hard to achieve a high enough bitrate for the most frenetic moments to come out in good quality. One of the biggest reasons I don't stream is because I want high quality video for those have to capture moments.

Maybe I'll start streaming post-montage.

I don't know XSplit but OBS Studio lets you record in another different set of quality, for example I stream at 720p60fps 3600kbps, but my stream archives are in 1080p60fps 10Mbps. However this will put quite a stress on your CPU so keep that in mind since you play on PC.

Oh I just remembered something about why I didn't go over 2500kbs

Doesn't Twitch not allow you to go over 2500 unless you are a partner? Or was it only giving you 720p to stream?

Twitch used to have a 3500, not 2500kbps cap with their ingestion server but it has been raised to a pretty high number as they are migrating to HTML5.

OK I changed the bit rate to 3500 and the quality is so much better now, but the game is not fluid. The frame rate in the stream is all over the place. I tried both 30fps and 60fps all while streaming in 720p but its not fluid.

Any suggestions?

What is your CPU configuration? High bitrate streaming requires a quite powerful CPU to process the video real time and it will be worse if you play at the same time.

I hope the poor guy didn't watch that killcam because he definitely didn't deserve that one. :p

Were talking extra &#956;s, not ms. There's no difference here.

At the very least, ChronosMax seems to be used in competitions (CoD?). A hub adding latency would be very surprising.

I get where you're coming from, but practically, a hub isn't adding anything to your latency.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Chronusmax devices are banned in the FGC.

It probably doesn't add any lag, but some USB hubs can add even up to a few miliseconds, so all I'm saying is it's better not to have to deal with that.

Naar

I don't know XSplit but OBS Studio lets you record in another different set of quality, for example I stream at 720p60fps 3600kbps, but my stream archives are in 1080p60fps 10Mbps. However this will put quite a stress on your CPU so keep that in mind since you play on PC.

Twitch used to have a 3500, not 2500kbps cap with their ingestion server but it has been raised to a pretty high number as they are migrating to HTML5.

What is your CPU configuration? High bitrate streaming requires a quite powerful CPU to process the video real time and it will be worse if you play at the same time.

My CPU is i7 5500u @2.4ghz

I play on PS4 btw so my computer only has to worry about streaming/recording. So you are saying I should increase the bit rate above 3500? Wouldn't that make it so that the viewer has to download more?

Should I keep the frame rate 30 or 60 for the stream?

My CPU is i7 5500u @2.4ghz

I play on PS4 btw so my computer only has to worry about streaming/recording. So you are saying I should increase the bit rate above 3500? Wouldn't that make it so that the viewer has to download more?

Should I keep the frame rate 30 or 60 for the stream?

Laptop? You don't really want to use a laptop as a streaming PC but you can try. Test your upload bandwidth too, use speedtest.net.

Naar

Laptop? You don't really want to use a laptop as a streaming PC but you can try. Test your upload bandwidth too, use speedtest.net.

Yea laptop. My upload ranges anywhere from 5mb to 20mb. Was 7mb last time I checked.

BTW I increased the bit rate to 4500 and the quality was super amazing but the frame rate sucked big time!

Naar

IMO downscaling to 720p @30fps with ~2.5k Bitrate is the max you need to use for Twitch as it does limit your bandwith etc. anyway if you're not partnered (or don't they do this anymore?)

It looks like this but I stopped using OBS in favor of the GeForce thingy:

https://www.twitch.tv/deoee/v/109340083

Well like SmartWaffles said they don't limit you anymore (I thought that too)

I have been playing around with encoder settings and while the image quality decreased, the frame rate is smooth now. Maybe I will try to lower my frame rate to 30fps instead of 60 and I hope it helps.

Also this is the first time I mess around with encoder settings. Anything I should know or do in encoder settings in obs?

Yea laptop. My upload ranges anywhere from 5mb to 20mb. Was 7mb last time I checked.

BTW I increased the bit rate to 4500 and the quality was super amazing but the frame rate sucked big time!

That means your CPU can not process the frames in time, I would suggest going about 2700kbps at 720p30fps instead. Or if you have a recent Nvidia GPU in your laptop you can try setting the encoder to NVENC, utilizing the GPU's encoding hardware.

Anyone here use the dice roll boost? Watched a YT video of it today and it charges really fast, I am gonna check it out when I start playing again.

Yes I use Dice Roll exclusively when I'm not running Ronin or Northstar.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Anyone here use the dice roll boost? Watched a YT video of it today and it charges really fast, I am gonna check it out when I start playing again.

deoee

I'm really looking foward to hearing from you guys again :) especially on this issue because I'm a PC player too..

bring the game to Steam :| :|

Hope you had a great few weeks off and a good start into the new year :D

I use it, it's really fun but sometimes useless :D

jorgejjvr

Guyyyss I would love to play with you people

What's the best way on ps4

A specific network? Discord?

Etc

Add me, psn: jorgejjvr

Izuna

Banned
http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Chronusmax devices are banned in the FGC.

It probably doesn't add any lag, but some USB hubs can add even up to a few miliseconds, so all I'm saying is it's better not to have to deal with that.

They are banned because they waste time and because of disconnects.

No USB hub, unless something is VERY wrong, will ads Xms of input lag. Seriously.

Here's a source I'm happy with: http://www.totalphase.com/support/a...atency-Calculation-using-Beagle-5000-Analyzer

Edit: I don't know how accurate this is, but their website says:
"Our Zero Lag Tournament Edition Mode feature was used by every team at this year’s Call of Duty XP 2016 ... "

I can't comment on it being zero lag etc. But if anything, the necessity of a hub for the pass-through isn't causing any issues.

As for the FGC, SFV has a bunch of lag anyway, so there's that.

Naar

That means your CPU can not process the frames in time, I would suggest going about 2700kbps at 720p30fps instead. Or if you have a recent Nvidia GPU in your laptop you can try setting the encoder to NVENC, utilizing the GPU's encoding hardware.

Yes I use Dice Roll exclusively when I'm not running Ronin or Northstar.

Yea after tinkering around various settings I came to the conclusion that it was the encoding/my cpu.

I changed some encoding settings and I get a perfect frame rate and above average image quality. Also I read about the NVENC and heard bad things about it (really bad image quality) but since you suggested it I figured that since I tried everything else I might as well try it, and it was not as bad as I was told. I feel like the image quality became slightly better while still maintaining a stable frame rate.

Either way thanks for the help and hopefully I plan to stream Titanfall more seriously and frequently in the next few days!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I had someone very politely challenge me to 1v1 snipers after I was teabagging him in Colesseum last night. I told him no thanks, and that the teabagging was all in good fun, and he was like okay. We're friends now lol.

---

Does anybody else occasionally feel bad for the grunts? They'll be running around helpless and terrified, and I just casually walk up and brutally murder them. Sometimes I'm like damn, sorry bro.

Edit: I also think the way their voice lines will cut off in mid sentence when I blast them contributes to the effect. I don't know, they feel kinda real and I feel bad for them. Lol.

Arrrammis

I had someone very politely challenge me to 1v1 snipers after I was teabagging him in Colesseum last night. I told him no thanks, and that the teabagging was all in good fun, and he was like okay. We're friends now lol.

---

Does anybody else occasionally feel bad for the grunts? They'll be running around helpless and terrified, and I just casually walk up and brutally murder them. Sometimes I'm like damn, sorry bro.

Edit: I also think the way their voice lines will cut off in mid sentence when I blast them contributes to the effect. I don't know, they feel kinda real and I feel bad for them. Lol.

If that makes you feel bad, single one out and corner him while you're in a titan. Sometimes they just throw down their gun and drop to their knees in front of you. And then you punch them to death for $20.

In my quest to get the kill 25 grunts in less than 2 seconds achievement I got that. Since I was deliberately not killing them until they had been herded together, I was watching some of them drop to their knees and cower in terror.

Top Bottom