• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

jorgejjvr

It's there a discord for this?

I bit and bought the game!

Anyone on psn feel free to add me and play together, I also have mic

Psn: jorgejjvr

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
xy9b7YP.jpg

Drifters

And you do know that anyone with brain who plays Scorch uses dash?

Jesus Fucking Christ folks.... we have a real comedy vet over here. Next time why don't you just say fuck you and your children's children. Of course, no other Scorch load would be possible because clearly, anyone with a brain uses dash.

Vipu

Banned
Jesus Fucking Christ folks.... we have a real comedy vet over here. Next time why don't you just say fuck you and your children's children. Of course, no other Scorch load would be possible because clearly, anyone with a brain uses dash.

Indeed because dash is superior to his other skills.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I remember the OT for TF1 being much more friendly than this one, which says alot considering that game was a console exclusive to Xbox.

Some of you really need to lighten up.

Durden77

I think they should take away Tome's dash and give it to Scorch. Tome is still just so damn good, and having a dash with Scorch is just such a necessity. Makes it pretty much impossible to branch out to other abilities with it. And I don't really think Tome needs it.

Izuna

Banned
Dear gawd.

Would you like your penis washed before it is sucked in deference to your greatness, highness?

Fwiw, to go from 1.6 to 2.0 I'm <30% of total games means I've had to have like 3.4 or above average since the stats page got in.

That's why I cared, personally at least. Same with increasing my win%, I'm trying to write off all the times I quit.

These stats are as meaningless as Generation level. At least these ones make me "try".

If personal achievements don't matter and were not encouraging each other to get better or have fun the way we'd like, then I guess there's no TitanGAF at all.

Izuna

Banned
What the heck is happening to the map on background??!

I dunno what you mean specifically but... The map is based on the Dome in the assembly level in the campaign.

It's annoying because if you eject while hovering with Northstar, you'll hit the ceiling ;(

Vipu

Banned
I guess I just never looked in the sky in that map so much to see it was like that.
And no I have not finished SP.

SwolBro

Banned
This post has so much truth. Car is a beast with hipfire.

CAR and Alternator are beastly as fuck, in different ways.

I swear you move faster with it than most guns and it doesn't obstruct your view at all.
Yet, it doesn't. It's obvious how you should play with the CAR. It's the same way you had to play with it in Titanfall 1. Though it has much better hipfire now it isn't an alternator. There is no smg that can be strictly used with no ADS on console besides the alternator. I also do feel faster with the alternator, maybe because i only hipfire? dunno. In Titanfall 1 certain weapons made you slightly lighter, so you'd move faster, but i could have sworn a dev saying it's no longer like this for Titanfall 2.

I honestly think some of the players here on GAF would "own" him if played with randoms. Just color me uninterested in what he has to show since it's all Pilots vs. Pilots, and "OmG! Lookit me ownz thez nubs!"

If you or I played with a squad of good or competent players (at least 2-3 of them), what do you think will happen? Yep, same thing.

I also ADS with the CAR but also use hipfire. I think both methods have their uses. =)
Most players on here would not own him. He's definitely in the top percentage of better players in this game but i agree what he does is lame as fuck and it does make him seem otherworldly when he's really just a great player.

I can manage 50+ kills going in solo. A team would be pointless going up against randoms. I ran with Pegasus' LTS team a while back and i don't think we dropped a single match in a span of 2 days. In CTF if i have just 1 teammate it's close to impossible to lose unless we go up against a 5 man. There's just not many good players in this game.

I really don't like how everyone assumes because you use Tone, Hemlok, G2, Devotion, etc that you are noob scum. They are part of the game just the same as everything else and are all every bit as legitimate as anything else that you choose to use. Some people think they are all high and mighty and because they don't use them that no one else should either. .
It's the fact that the guns are OP as fuck. It's ok when someone that isn't very good uses it, but if you're racking up kills and being a frustrating prick because you're hemloking or G2ing from across the map then yeah people will bitch or you'll see everyone switch to the obnoxious shit as well.

Same thing happened in Titanfall 1 with the arc cannon. It was so ridiculously OP compared to everything else that you'd either get a message saying "chill bro" or you'd have everyone on the other team immediately dropping arc cannon titans.

LOL.

My issue is people seem to get mad that guns excel in certain situations, when imho true OP are weapons that can be used in ANY situation. Which would be, while I love it, Devotion(even though its got its close quarter flaws)..an another weapon which no one brings up but is the def of OP, the 201. It beats our 80% of the other guns in the long/mid/short range category...its a jack of all trades, near master of all. But no one complains because it doesnt have the totally cream factor of the hems even tho the hems is OP in certain game types and maps.

Might as well make the game car/201 only with just Ion, lol

Ok, hold up. Let's clarify this crap immediately. A gun is NOT OP if it's the most well rounded or most viable gun in the game for most situations. That's not OP. You can still miss shots with the 201, you can still GUN BATTLE a 201. Sure, it's less than what you could in Titanfall 1 but that's to do with the insane damage and hitboxes or whatever. It sucks for all the fucking weapons to be able to hit like that.

Hemlok is op because it takes little skill and has no learning curve while producing devastating results. It can fuck you up from any single range. You can't escape a hemlok death. With the right mobility and strafing you can escape a 201 from most mid to long ranges. Yes, it can still kill your ass fast as hell but again that's not necessarily the guns fault so much as the very generous aiming mechanics and huge hitboxes.

Fwiw, to go from 1.6 to 2.0 I'm <30% of total games means I've had to have like 3.4 or above average since the stats page got in.

That's why I cared, personally at least. Same with increasing my win%, I'm trying to write off all the times I quit.

These stats are as meaningless as Generation level. At least these ones make me "try".

If personal achievements don't matter and were not encouraging each other to get better or have fun the way we'd like, then I guess there's no TitanGAF at all.

I was mocking him, not you.

Izuna

Banned
I was mocking him, not you.

Oh I know, haha

---

Hemlok ain't as stupid on PC since there aren't other "campers" to fight back. I think R201 is a much better choice there.

I'm mostly in my Titan anyway so it wouldn't really affect me if I switched out, but it does make dealing with campers simple.

I think when you amp an R201, the differences between the weapons becomes muted.

Arrrammis

I can manage 50+ kills going in solo. A team would be pointless going up against randoms. I ran with Pegasus' LTS team a while back and i don't think we dropped a single match in a span of 2 days. In CTF if i have just 1 teammate it's close to impossible to lose unless we go up against a 5 man. There's just not many good players in this game.

This is one of the things I've noticed playing on PS4. A few times I've played Attrition in a full team of 6 and we went 4 hours without coming close to losing a match. I wish that the game would at least put groups together, because at the moment anything more than a 2 or 3 person group usually just results in a steamroll. Winning can be fun, but when you're spending more time competing with your teammates to kill enemies before they do, it just gets kind of tedious.

I know a lot of people consider the game pretty much dead, but on PS4 NA there's almost always ~2000-3000 online in various modes, which leads me to wonder how an Overwatch-style competitive mode, which matches you against other players and same-sized groups and gives better rewards to match the difficulty, would do. I definitely don't think that TF|2 should go the Destiny route, where connections are thrown out the window and most people end up fighting players from other continents, but a separate mode for some more intense competition would be great!

Izuna

Banned
SBMM killed soloQ in Titanfall. Whatever they do, they better not do that.

Tbh, I get the feeling that most games I wouldn't win if I didn't get >$3000 or 200 Attrition Points.

I'd rather them help the player base get better at the game than to force it.

After Gen10in the Volt I've been trying to use the CAR, just to give myself a new challenge, and holy hell is it not clicking at all.

I feel like I'm constantly having to reload-mid engagement, my effective range feels significantly reduced, I'm losing 1v1s I normally win.

Argh.

Izuna

Banned
I wish the Sidewinder was better at dealing with Titans. I would totally run it with Mozambique. I'm gunna check the damage in a Private match actually.

Do we have confirmation that the Suppressor actually changes the power of the Mozambique?

edit: yeah Mozambique is too weak to one shot grunts with the Suppressor ;( and the Sidewinder just isn't worth using...

edit2: wtf? Why is the EPG so much more powerful against Titans if you hit the ground/splash? It gives an insane amount of build% if you're amped. :eek:

Durden77

Took me a while to warm up to it, but I played pretty much exclusively Bounty Hunt tonight with a friend and I fucking love it. Feels fresh but effective. Kinda like the game itself.

Izuna

Banned
Hitting the ground under a Titan with EPGdoes $24 worth of damage whereas a crit does $18 (amped). To put this in perspective, Amped Archer does $50... uh... holy shit?

edit: quick swapping EPG will increase the fire rate...

omg

I'm going to find out if Suppressor is worthwhile with the Mozambique, otherwise I'm going to run these two weapons together from now on on Bounty Hunt.

--

Regarding Run & Gun kit... while without it, you can't shoot while running, you can however always shoot while sliding (which includes slide-hopping).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
This is one of the things I've noticed playing on PS4. A few times I've played Attrition in a full team of 6 and we went 4 hours without coming close to losing a match. I wish that the game would at least put groups together, because at the moment anything more than a 2 or 3 person group usually just results in a steamroll. Winning can be fun, but when you're spending more time competing with your teammates to kill enemies before they do, it just gets kind of tedious.

I know a lot of people consider the game pretty much dead, but on PS4 NA there's almost always ~2000-3000 online in various modes, which leads me to wonder how an Overwatch-style competitive mode, which matches you against other players and same-sized groups and gives better rewards to match the difficulty, would do. I definitely don't think that TF|2 should go the Destiny route, where connections are thrown out the window and most people end up fighting players from other continents, but a separate mode for some more intense competition would be great!

Easy fix would be to play solo. It's not like you need teammates to heal, give you ammo, etc. I've never played with a squad or teammate before and I don't need 'em, which is why I like playing TF2 a lot since I can never find people to play the same time that I do.

Whaaaat? Who told you that TF2 is dead? o_O Even without the population spike, there were at least 14-16K playing on PS4 on weekdays, and 20-24K on weekends. Hardly, hardly dead. For all we know, other MP games (Siege, Overwatch, etc.) on PS4 has lesser concurrent numbers daily and we wouldn't know it. Respawn should have never shown that player count thing.

During this Christmas player boom, I've seen at least 30-33K concurrent players everyday and the best thing is, it seems to be sticking. I've said this countless times, but if people were expecting CoD and BF numbers, that'd be kinda stupid. CoD and BF are two franchises that have been around for more than a decade and have built their fanbases over time. If that was the case, then every MP game would be dead. I gather, most studios would be happy if they can get more than 10K people to play their game everyday concurrently.

Yet, it doesn't. It's obvious how you should play with the CAR. It's the same way you had to play with it in Titanfall 1. Though it has much better hipfire now it isn't an alternator. There is no smg that can be strictly used with no ADS on console besides the alternator. I also do feel faster with the alternator, maybe because i only hipfire? dunno. In Titanfall 1 certain weapons made you slightly lighter, so you'd move faster, but i could have sworn a dev saying it's no longer like this for Titanfall 2.

Most players on here would not own him. He's definitely in the top percentage of better players in this game but i agree what he does is lame as fuck and it does make him seem otherworldly when he's really just a great player.

It's the fact that the guns are OP as fuck. It's ok when someone that isn't very good uses it, but if you're racking up kills and being a frustrating prick because you're hemloking or G2ing from across the map then yeah people will bitch or you'll see everyone switch to the obnoxious shit as well.

Same thing happened in Titanfall 1 with the arc cannon. It was so ridiculously OP compared to everything else that you'd either get a message saying "chill bro" or you'd have everyone on the other team immediately dropping arc cannon titans.

Ok, hold up. Let's clarify this crap immediately. A gun is NOT OP if it's the most well rounded or most viable gun in the game for most situations. That's not OP. You can still miss shots with the 201, you can still GUN BATTLE a 201. Sure, it's less than what you could in Titanfall 1 but that's to do with the insane damage and hitboxes or whatever. It sucks for all the fucking weapons to be able to hit like that.

Hemlok is op because it takes little skill and has no learning curve while producing devastating results. It can fuck you up from any single range. You can't escape a hemlok death. With the right mobility and strafing you can escape a 201 from most mid to long ranges. Yes, it can still kill your ass fast as hell but again that's not necessarily the guns fault so much as the very generous aiming mechanics and huge hitboxes.

I really hope "OMg Iz OPP!" talk dies down. I play on PS4 and am perfectly happy with the weapon balance. I die from the R201, Alternator, Hemlok, etc. And I'm a firm believer in having weapon and playstyle diversity. If someone wants to camp to be effective, then let them be. If they want to wallrun (which is more fun) then, that's fine, too.

Kinda annoying that some people want to dictate how some other people, and most likely not as skilled as they are, how to enjoy and play the game. Do I get sniped from people camping the shit out of the A-Wall? Yes. I've seen players climb the highest perch on Angel City and the antenna thing on Exoplanet to camp with the Devotion as well, but as much as I hate it, that is still a valid playstyle. They are not glitching or doing anything that they shouldn't be able to.

If you see people are super camping in a match, adapt and change course. I don't wallrun as much when that happens and I go out of my way to find the campers and kill them. Telling Respawn to nerf everything since you die from them is just annoying to read, honestly.
It's there a discord for this?

I bit and bought the game!

Anyone on psn feel free to add me and play together, I also have mic

Psn: jorgejjvr

Woo! Took you this long, Jorge?! :D Haha! Welcome!

I remember the OT for TF1 being much more friendly than this one, which says alot considering that game was a console exclusive to Xbox.

Some of you really need to lighten up.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't post as much but browse the thread constantly. Now we're getting a ton of unwarranted hostility and I have no clue why. Izuna sharing his stats gets some hate which I don't know why, either. His stats are good and impressive since most people are sitting at 1.0 or even below KDR and even then, that's not even the whole factor if someone's good.

Respawn should do a Score Per Minute skill rating a la BF just to show how some people dominate. I gather they can't since the different play modes affect it a lot, no? Rayme, care to comment on this? :)

C'mon, people, lighten up! Share your clips, talk about tactics, etc. but don't be dick to each other. That'll just frighten away people who want to interact here.

Izuna

Banned
I'm so desperate to stream. I wanna talk about shit... ;(

Anyway!

d6vS86R.gif

best gif? best gif

Whats the fastest easiest way to post my xbox recordings here?

www.xboxdvr.com ~~ you can hit create gif, so long as it's like 13 seconds, this thread is okay with you posting .gifs (though we click the gifv links anyway, so that's more considerate I guess!)

---

https://www.twitch.tv/izuninja <-- I'm going to be streaming some Private Match stuff and maybe a little bit of Bounty Hunt (need to level up weapons) It'll be laggy af, so it's just for chilling.

SwolBro

Banned
I really hope "OMg Iz OPP!" talk dies down. I play on PS4 and am perfectly happy with the weapon balance. I die from the R201, Alternator, Hemlok, etc. And I'm a firm believer in having weapon and playstyle diversity. If someone wants to camp to be effective, then let them be. If they want to wallrun (which is more fun) then, that's fine, too.

Kinda annoying that some people want to dictate how some other people, and most likely not as skilled as they are, how to enjoy and play the game. Do I get sniped from people camping the shit out of the A-Wall? Yes. I've seen players climb the highest perch on Angel City and the antenna thing on Exoplanet to camp with the Devotion as well, but as much as I hate it, that is still a valid playstyle. They are not glitching or doing anything that they shouldn't be able to.

If you see people are super camping in a match, adapt and change course. I don't wallrun as much when that happens and I go out of my way to find the campers and kill them. Telling Respawn to nerf everything since you die from them is just annoying to read, honestly.

And i really hope this idea that "OMG let's keep OP bullshit in the game because.." gets crushed, quickly. You dying from a variety of weapons means absolutely nothing. It doesn't even make any fucking sense... yes, you die from everything because it's a low TTK shooter. What else do you expect? I can run around in PVP with a kraber and come in as MVP. What does that mean? That the kraber is OP and should be nerfed? No.

Camping is camping and it's in every shooter. I don't bitch about camping, i never bitched about it in TItanfall 1. That doesn't mean the games' weapons should cater to a camping play style. It's Titanfall, first and foremost it should be about movement. It's poor design to introduce great movement only to have it take a back seat to over powered range weapons with insane aim assist and huge hitboxes where any player despite atrocious aim can hit a good player doing cartwheels to try and get away from a bullshit death by bullet spray.

I never liked COD because of how fast the TTK was and how overpowered the weapons were with little to no mobility to counter it. Titanfall 1 changed that but now Titanfall 2 went back to leaning towards COD. But for fucking what?

When i get killed i want it to be either because i got outgunned, or outplayed. This is important to understand. I don't want to die because i decided to turn a corner and some asshole hits me with a few stray bullets despite my best efforts to react and out gun.

Not sure why any of you that were fans of Titanfall 1 would want it to be like that.

Izuna

Banned
Just started playing this ... LOVE IT

So I searched for a GAF clan and of course theres one, so I joined

Xbl- SOME BAD HOMBRE

See you around, pilots!

Join TitanGAF, no one uses NeoGAF on Xbox

--

I'm using my phone's internet to stream, so connection should be better now, I have 5 days to use 2GB anyways

Top Bottom