• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Alx

Yeah running to the ship is always fun. Not sure I like the teleporting effect compared to the old jumping in animation though. I guess it makes it more difficult to shoot down a pilot just before he gets in, but that was fun too.
After TF1 I was hoping for more types of evacuation. I had nothing specific in mind, but there could be other scenarios than "run to the choppa".

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woooow -- it doesn't feel that way (nor looks that way in the UI) but yeah I checked the spreadsheet.

Though I don't think the Doomed health being 2500 makes sense to me. I've totally killed a Doomed Ronin in one Archer where it doesn't work on a Legion. Hmm, maybe I should test this.

Doomed titans feel like they take amplified damage from all sources to me.

I barely played the first Titanfall, but I bought this on PS4 and I am loving the game so far but I feel like I don't know what I'm doing in MP.

Is there a good tutorial video floating around anywhere that gives the basics of MP? (explains why batteries are important, which titan to use in certain situations etc)

Thanks!

I barely played the first Titanfall, but I bought this on PS4 and I am loving the game so far but I feel like I don't know what I'm doing in MP.

Is there a good tutorial video floating around anywhere that gives the basics of MP? (explains why batteries are important, which titan to use in certain situations etc)

Thanks!

FrothyOmen's youtube channel has tons of videos including tutorials ranging from basic to advanced, good to place to start.

EL CUCO

I only know you get a merit from a successful evac because I've read it here. Maybe they need to display it better because I dont think I've ever noticed the game tell me.

Do you also get a merit for stopping the opposition from completing one?

Can I assume it's completely, completely impossible to find a game on TF1 PC?

Probably not impossible, no. You'll probably run into some very experienced players, though.

I only know you get a merit from a successful evac because I've read it here. Maybe they need to display it better because I dont think I've ever noticed the game tell me.

Do you also get a merit for stopping the opposition from completing one?

The after-action report tells you.

I believe you do receive one for a denial, yes.

Alx

At the end of each game you can see the merits you get :
- finished a game : +1
- won the game / successfully evacuated : +1
- good performance : +1
... and then the weapon-based merits.

Strider

Something else i just thought of...

they need to speed up evacuation. most people are just quitting now and not even bothering.

I always thought the evac was stupid in TF1 and I feel the same here... I wish it was cut altogether so I could just get to the next game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yea speeding the process up would go a long way.

KodaRuss

I have done some searching on YouTube but who are some good people to watch for good gameplay? I cannot seem to find many and the ones I have found have some really annoying shtick to their voices/style.

I think this game needs a few solid streamers/YouTubers to keep gaining ground. Frothy seems pretty slow to update at the moment but it is still early and I think he could be to guy.

However Rainbow Six Siege has multiple very solid YouTubers that do a great job putting together 8-10 minute clips of MP gameplay that I have sent people to (Serenity17 and MacieJay if you want to check them out). No frills, no BS in their videos. Straight up good gameplay with tips/tricks you can pick up on as they play.

Here are some examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K8DpcH4Ghg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjnuHXgQCFc

Alx

I always thought the evac was stupid in TF1 and I feel the same here... I wish it was cut altogether so I could just get to the next game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know if it counts in Titanfall2, but in TF1 evacuation time was also a good way to focus on some weapon challenges without the constraint of the main objectives.
When I think I'm too far from the ship to bother, I just shoot the remaining grunts or titans, just in case it helps leveling up the weapons. :)

I have done some searching on YouTube but who are some good people to watch for good gameplay? I cannot seem to find many and the ones I have found have some really annoying shtick to their voices/style.

I think this game needs a few solid streamers/YouTubers to keep gaining ground. Frothy seems pretty slow to update at the moment but it is still early and I think he could be to guy.

However Rainbow Six Siege has multiple very solid YouTubers that do a great job putting together 8-10 minute clips of MP gameplay that I have sent people to (Serenity17 and MacieJay if you want to check them out). No frills, no BS in their videos. Straight up good gameplay with tips/tricks you can pick up on as they play.

Here are some examples.

Frothy uploads almost daily at the moment and has like 15 hours of stream gameplay on his channel, that's no good?

Lucifon

I love the evac, when I'm alive it's like "right...how am I going to do this then", as if it's a mini end-game challenge. And when I'm on the defending team it's fun hunting people down.

RedFury

Here are some examples.

You mean beside FrothyOmen and Gamesager?
G.Sager is in the game. He's the leader board rank 1 in the gauntlet.

I love the evac, when I'm alive it's like "right...how am I going to do this then", as if it's a mini end-game challenge. And when I'm on the defending team it's fun hunting people down.
It's not even fair lol. I scorch shield melts the ship in under 5sec. Took out the entire enemy team once by destroying the ship.

garath

Played my first mp game last night. Was going to get back into the campaign but apparently there are no checkpoints in immediate reach where I played. Instead of starting at getting the battery for the Titan, it started all over again. I can't stand big spaced out checkpoints with unskippable cutscenes. Farcry 4 was a big offender of that too. I had to replay the intro like 5 times before making it through. Some of us only have 30 min chunks to play. It's single player. Have a decent save system!

So went into mp. Level 1, basic Titan, first load out. I see what people were saying about the pace being a little slower than TF1 but frankly I liked it. It felt more thoughtful than moving as fast as possible all the time. Grappling hook was awesome. I do not like the first Titan. I felt way underpowered compared to the other ones. Maybe I was missing something crucial but I was getting blown up way faster than expected. Tripwire didn't seem that helpful. Oh well. It's a learning curve. Still had fun and unlocked the stim. That'll help for next time.

Oh man Modern Warfare: Remastered is out now and being streamed live... looks amazing!

I'd really hate to see the small population here get even smaller and move to CoD. I mean it would have to be so weird to have developed MW and then have your new game out and have your old game dominate the playspace :/

I'll be playing both for sure.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually like Ronin with the extra dash. Combined with its phase dash you can cover surprising amounts of crowd in a short amount of time. Of course wadding in when A titan is facing you right on isn't the best idea in general but still, maneuverability is your friend with Ronin. I actually like it more than a lot of the other Titans because you can really sneak in there and lay down some serious damage quick.

E92 M3

Oh man Modern Warfare: Remastered is out now and being streamed live... looks amazing!

I'd really hate to see the small population here get even smaller and move to CoD. I mean it would have to be so weird to have developed MW and then have your new game out and have your old game dominate the playspace :/

It's really frustrating that Activision is using Respawn's own game as a competitor against R2. Without COD4, the game would have been just another ghosts.

Gator86

Nah buff Titans, not nerf them

they already feel like poop in comparison to R1 titans

This is the most low effort thinking possible and does nothing to improve games. I can't believe people still throw this shit out like it's insightful. "No, make things better, not worse." Gee, thanks. As I, and many others have stated, this changes the entire balance of a game and is going to result in worse balance and more issues in the end.

Wow, didnt know you could play it already. Not sure how to balance this with that, BF1, Siege, and Overwatch! Haha

E92 M3

This is the most low effort thinking possible and does nothing to improve games. I can't believe people still throw this shit out like it's insightful. "No, make things better, not worse." Gee, thanks. As I, and many others have stated, this changes the entire balance of a game and is going to result in worse balance and more issues in the end.

MW2 is one of my all time favorite shooters - and everything was OP/crazy. Titanfall 1 fulfilled a power fantasy as well. Nerfs in the name of balance are boring. Balance is inherently boring - there are plenty of other shooters that fill niche for super balanced shooters.

I can't even imagine a game like MW2 surviving in today's environment due to all of the crying that would have been all over social media.

Kinda sad.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

RedFury

MW2 is one of my all time favorite shooters - and everything was OP/crazy. Titanfall 1 fulfilled a power fantasy as well. Nerfs in the name of balance are boring. Balance is inherently boring - there are plenty of other shooters that fill niche for super balanced shooters.

I can't even imagine a game like MW2 surviving in today's environment due to all of the crying that would have been all over social media.

Kinda sad.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.
I believe he's speaking to those asking for buffs across the board to match said OP weapon VS just fixing 1 weapon.

Yeah running to the ship is always fun. Not sure I like the teleporting effect compared to the old jumping in animation though. I guess it makes it more difficult to shoot down a pilot just before he gets in, but that was fun too.
After TF1 I was hoping for more types of evacuation. I had nothing specific in mind, but there could be other scenarios than "run to the choppa".

I'm fairly sure the teleporting effect is there to address some collision issues that prevent players from entering the dropship in R1.

Jito

Banned
Wow the coliseum mode is terrible, I was expecting like a small version of a map with some cover, walls and stuff, instead I get a circle where we spam shots at each other for a few minutes.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Wow the coliseum mode is terrible, I was expecting like a small version of a map with some cover, walls and stuff, instead I get a circle where we spam shots at each other for a few minutes.

It looks like a jumpfest based on all the YT videos I have watched. No thanks.

Yeah at least give us a few walls for cover or...something besides a giant open circle that turns into who can bunnyhop the best. A 1vs1 Titan mode would be a lot more interesting.

It's really frustrating that Activision is using Respawn's own game as a competitor against R2. Without COD4, the game would have been just another ghosts.

Yeah it's kinda shitty. I mean just about every COD fan is pumped for it and the timing... man just not good for TF2 :/ I'm going to be bummed if it dries up.

Wow, didnt know you could play it already. Not sure how to balance this with that, BF1, Siege, and Overwatch! Haha

Yeah not sure how but "the race" has started for both IW and MW:R officially on streams.

I'm just going to be playing TF2, IW and MW:R personally. OW will be around for a long time and i'll come back eventually. Siege, while amazing, got boring FAST for me. Needed more than just attack defend.

Nerfs for balance is what Bungie did for Destiny and it sucked.

I can't take a break from that game without coming back and having half my shit nerfed. Takes the wind right out of my sails.

Yeah it's kinda shitty. I mean just about every COD fan is pumped for it and the timing... man just not good for TF2 :/ I'm going to be bummed if it dries up.

Yeah not sure how but "the race" has started for both IW and MW:R officially on streams.

I'm just going to be playing TF2, IW and MW:R personally. OW will be around for a long time and i'll come back eventually. Siege, while amazing, got boring FAST for me. Needed more than just attack defend.

Why I wish they released it at another time. Titanfall 2 deserved better than this.

EL CUCO

I found it alot of fun. It's the most skill based mode in the game lol
I cant speak for you or anyone else obviously, but I can't even touch another futuristic CoD game after Titanfall. The movement and controls feel terrible in comparison. I'd like to play MWR at some point, but I'm not giving a penny to Acti for IW.

Mupod

still haven't even had 10 seconds to play since the weekend. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sure everyone else is level 3 billion with every OP thing unlocked by now, modern FPSes are frustrating that way and it's why I'm more likely to just pop into Overwatch here and there.

Woooow -- it doesn't feel that way (nor looks that way in the UI) but yeah I checked the spreadsheet.

Though I don't think the Doomed health being 2500 makes sense to me. I've totally killed a Doomed Ronin in one Archer where it doesn't work on a Legion. Hmm, maybe I should test this.

is there a spreadsheet with damage values for weapons?

Iorv3th

I tried him on crash site.

To be fair I've only gotten him very recently and that was my second match.

I need tips @_@ !!

Teleport behind them and r1 then melee. Don't be afraid to back away and shoot and dash to cover, then r1 again when it's up.

I got donged on super hard by someone with the Smart Pistol last night, lol. Killed me three times consecutively in BH 'cause I kept spawning near 'em :(

I had one kicking my ass yesterday and it seemed like the range was too far. They were just jumping around like crazy and locking on. Hard to counter that with a gun you have to aim.

KodaRuss

Frothy uploads almost daily at the moment and has like 15 hours of stream gameplay on his channel, that's no good?

You mean beside FrothyOmen and Gamesager?
G.Sager is in the game. He's the leader board rank 1 in the gauntlet.

I need to check out more of Gamesager and maybe this is just me but I dont want to watch hours of straight gameplay?

Also, isn't most of Frothy's gameplay from the event before release? Frothy's last two days of video have been a two minute video of how to bunny hop with a controller and how to setup your keyboard.

I guess I want to watch more of a highlight reel. While I will agree that straight gameplay in Titanfall 2 is going to be a lot more exciting than most but maybe a montage of Scorch Gameplay. Frothy has a great Tone video that he is talking through but it was before release.

Izuna

Banned
Frothy is garbage :'(

And he's dishonest too

He cannot have an honest opinion about everything. He will defend the turdiest thing about Titanfall

Gnomist

I was considering getting this on PC to play multiplayer with a friend and I had a basic question: How easy is it to group with someone and join games? Does it have a basic grouping system like a lot of games or will my friend and I have to jump through hoops and constantly find new matches in order to stay grouped together?

RedFury

I need to check out more of Gamesager and maybe this is just me but I dont want to watch hours of straight gameplay?

Also, isn't most of Frothy's gameplay from the event before release? Frothy's last two days of video have been a two minute video of how to bunny hop with a controller and how to setup your keyboard.

I guess I want to watch more of a highlight reel. While I will agree that straight gameplay in Titanfall 2 is going to be a lot more exciting than most but maybe a montage of Scorch Gameplay. Frothy has a great Tone video that he is talking through but it was before release.
Frothy has exactly that. Has a 15min video on how to use scorch.

RMI

Banned
Teleport behind them and r1 then melee. Don't be afraid to back away and shoot and dash to cover, then r1 again when it's up.

basically this. People talking about 1v1 fights in this thread and Ronin is terrible at those. pick your fights. You should be using your speed to chase down titans on low health, not rush headlong into standup fights with basically anyone (except Northstar or another Ronin).

Didnt even notice I was replying to you. We had some good OW games, definitely gonna have to get a crew together for this soon! MW:R I'm looking forward to, can't even fathom how many hours my friends and I pumped into the original, gonna be fun playing it again. Actually havent really followed anything regarding IW, but thought the multiplayer video from E3(?) looked snazzy. Unfortunately, last COD I was "good" at was probably BLOPS2! Haha

Been playing pretty much amped hardpoint exclusively, but gonna try out more bounty hunt this weekend. Wasnt thrilled with it in the tech test.

I found it alot of fun. It's the most skill based mode in the game lol

I cant speak for you or anyone else obviously, but I can't even touch another futuristic CoD game after Titanfall. The movement and controls feel terrible in comparison. I'd like to play MWR at some point, but I'm not giving a penny to Acti for IW.

I'm probably in the minority but i actually enjoyed the IW Beta a little. I really dug the "oddball" styled game. The movement is weird with it being some heavy, less acrobatic version of BLOPS3's. The devs said they tweaked the snipers and other stuff so hopefully its good.

I love "enhanced movement" in shooters. I also like "boots on the ground" shooters. I'll be perfectly happy if i get both every year in some form or another. Ideally id take TF for crazy movement and future-tech (also they need a speed bump all around it's a little slow) and COD remasters (we'll see where this goes) for boots on the ground current/near future military tactical shooter.

Didnt even notice I was replying to you. We had some good OW games, definitely gonna have to get a crew together for this soon! MW:R I'm looking forward to, can't even fathom how many hours my friends and I pumped into the original, gonna be fun playing it again. Actually havent really followed anything regarding IW, but thought the multiplayer video from E3(?) looked snazzy. Unfortunately, last COD I was "good" at was probably BLOPS2! Haha

Been playing pretty much amped hardpoint exclusively, but gonna try out more bounty hunt this weekend. Wasnt thrilled with it in the tech test.

For sure dude!

I'll be down to team up for TF/IW/MW:R. It's going to be hard trying to split up time but i feel that MW:R with a full party for some full on team-tactical coordination in S&D and Domination will kick so much ass! And some TF for Hardpoint/CTF/LTS more casual fun.

Top Bottom