• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Alx

I'm fairly sure the teleporting effect is there to address some collision issues that prevent players from entering the dropship in R1.

Oh, so that's why I missed some of those evacuations in TF1... I noticed collision issues at the start of a round, when we all try to use the same paths, but it never occurred to me that it could be a problem for evacuation too.
I'm not even sure it's really a problem, after all it makes sense that you can get pushed away in the confusion and miss the door. As a matter of fact missing your chopper by a second/a metre is somehow just as fun as making it (*Platoon scene*). I never got frustrated for being killed or having the ship destroyed during that stage, because eh, it's only a bonus.

Teleport behind them and r1 then melee. Don't be afraid to back away and shoot and dash to cover, then r1 again when it's up.

From what I've heard, the Leadwall shotgun actually does more damage than the sword?

Also the Arc Wave doesn't seem like it holds them in place for long

basically this. People talking about 1v1 fights in this thread and Ronin is terrible at those. pick your fights. You should be using your speed to chase down titans on low health, not rush headlong into standup fights with basically anyone (except Northstar or another Ronin).

What do I do in a LTS match?

KodaRuss

Frothy has exactly that. Has a 15min video on how to use scorch.

In the tech test. He has some good content but not a lot post release it seems other than 8 straight hours of gameplay? Maybe sort the gameplay out a little bit with clips of using one particular Titan or loadout.

It is out there just not exactly what I want I guess.

Xeroblade

I just started MP (barely level 5) and chose Scorch as my Titan, does he not have a dash? Do I unlock his dash later? I thought all titans had dash?

Animator

I was considering getting this on PC to play multiplayer with a friend and I had a basic question: How easy is it to group with someone and join games? Does it have a basic grouping system like a lot of games or will my friend and I have to jump through hoops and constantly find new matches in order to stay grouped together?

No once you are partied up you will stay together through games until one of you leaves the party. Never had a problem with the party system.

RedFury

I just started MP (barely level 5) and chose Scorch as my Titan, does he not have a dash? Do I unlock his dash later? I thought all titans had dash?
No, you need turbo engine amp (which is what I recommend).

In the tech test. He has some good content but not a lot post release it seems other than 8 straight hours of gameplay? Maybe sort the gameplay out a little bit with clips of using one particular Titan or loadout.

It is out there just not exactly what I want I guess.

This one was posted last week. I also recommend you check it out Xero.
https://youtu.be/IyOGRVtUE10

Ps4 europe, anyone elses ping all over the place? jumping from 50 to 350 and anywhere in between? ingame stutter

I cannot imagine you're experience!

I'm a rock steady 13-30ms with no packet loss, no jitter and i get constant lag compensation / latency / interpolation (or whatever it is lol) in every single game.

I see a good amount of rubberbanding too every 3-4 matches also. I'm very close to the datacenter as well.

I think there is something larger going on in terms of performance.

You know what would have made Scorch a much more attractive option? If they hadn't removed the ability to scratch your own back with the flame shield

:D

I cannot imagine you're experience!

I'm a rock steady 13-30ms with no packet loss, no jitter and i get constant lag compensation / latency / interpolation (or whatever it is lol) in every single game.

I see a good amount of rubberbanding too every 3-4 matches also. I'm very close to the datacenter as well.

I think there is something larger going on in terms of performance.

you on ps4 also right? what datacenter are you connected to?

RedFury

You know what would have made Scorch a much more attractive option? If they hadn't removed the ability to scratch your own back with the flame shield

Meh, depending on the situation I LET them mount wait for the jump off (always behind you) quick turn and put up fire wall. It's an instant kill + free battery.

Edit: you can still hit a wall with thermite and burn'em off with the residual fire.

E92 M3

I believe he's speaking to those asking for buffs across the board to match said OP weapon VS just fixing 1 weapon.

I think it's best to buff the underperformers and make them more attractive - not bring down the exciting choices and make them boring.

Nerfs for balance is what Bungie did for Destiny and it sucked.

Yeah, just having weapons nerfed triggers me so hard due to Destiny. Still love Destiny, but there is no denying that Bungie loves their nerf hammer.

Oh shit they removed that? I loved doing that so much.

RMI

Banned
From what I've heard, the Leadwall shotgun actually does more damage than the sword?

Also the Arc Wave doesn't seem like it holds them in place for long

What do I do in a LTS match?

leadwall does seem do more damage than the sword.

Don't have much experience in LTS, but the few games that i've played there seems to be some standoffs happening where both teams sort of line up and trade shots down a corridor. On most maps you can find the long way to run around, so run the long way around and try to peel off some of the enemy team by harassing them from the side, and if things get too hot just run.

Codiox

i would really like to play this game with voicechat. i think its much more fun, but nobody of my friends have this game :(

add me on ps4 (EU) if somebody wann play some rounds with voicechat later: C0D10X

kobu

damn capture the flag didn't even last a week on pc this time. sad because it's the best mode in both games imo

Gator86

MW2 is one of my all time favorite shooters - and everything was OP/crazy. Titanfall 1 fulfilled a power fantasy as well. Nerfs in the name of balance are boring. Balance is inherently boring - there are plenty of other shooters that fill niche for super balanced shooters.

I can't even imagine a game like MW2 surviving in today's environment due to all of the crying that would have been all over social media.

Kinda sad.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

I mean, you're totally right in some ways. MW2 did have lots of broken shit and it was great. But there, everything was broken so, in its own way, the game was actually balanced. I don't mind that type of game, but TF2 doesn't seem designed to be that.

First, Bungie is fucking trash at balance. They should never be used as an example for anything on this topic except incompetence. Second, what Bungie does is adjust multiple things to address one, the exact issue I am describing. They nerfed all auto rifles instead of just dealing with the Suros early on. Instead on bringing one thing down, as I suggest, they adjust multiple other things. Inevitably, this started a chain reaction of meta changes and other balance adjustments becoming necessary. Destiny PvP isn't terrible because they nerfed problem weapons, it's terrible because they make sweeping changes to everything else to respond to those weapons.

EL CUCO

Uh huh sure and if you're a real pro you'll win without using the guns right? There's being a try hard then there's being a try hard.
It's not really about being a pro or try hard..but its fun going against someone on equal playing field and seeing who comes out on top.

Question: Do you still get an Advocate Reward if you lose a Coliseum match?

Gator86

basically this. People talking about 1v1 fights in this thread and Ronin is terrible at those. pick your fights. You should be using your speed to chase down titans on low health, not rush headlong into standup fights with basically anyone (except Northstar or another Ronin).

Essentially. It's like asking why you can't take an assassin hero in DotA and run then straight at an enemy.

Izuna

Banned
What a reply. Nerfing Tone is silly when she barely could compete with a R1 Titan. If you want Titans to be slow and powerless, fine. Destiny's love for needs angers people who preferred certain playstyles and classes of weapons, forcing them to switch it up.

People should be allowed to gravitate towards the best strategy, and others should be competitive to it.

Nerfing Tone won't make Ronin feel powerful, it'll still make Ronin feel under utilized.

More variety of abilities automatically adds depth so long as it's carefully done.

Gator86

Also, a quick example of Bungie balance would be that they've determined Tone's sonar pulse is too strong. They've now tripled the cooldown for all utility abilities to fix it. Tone is still irritating, but Ronin is now unplayable. Bungie's breathtaking incompetence is simply not a reasonable comparison target here.

Everdred

Played two hours on the hardest difficulty, I like it so far. Not super into the story but the gameplay is very fun. Looks really great too. Surprised to see only 11k people online.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can I assume it's completely, completely impossible to find a game on TF1 PC?

Played a couple days ago and you can find games on TF1 PC, but only really in the main attrition mode. The many other modes are completely dead. There were only a couple hundred people playing...

MGrant

On one hand, the Thunderbolt doesn't do much damage. On the other hand, god damn does it charge the Titan meter fast. Might have to stick with it for a while.

Played a couple matches yesterday. Did 2 CTF matches and had a blast. However the playlist pop for CTF is quite small. This is on XB1 which made it a bit disappointing considering it sold the most copies and still has a low pop

Izuna

Banned
How is Ronin unplayable? His Arc Wave literally EATs shields. He's essential for like every team. He definitely works as a Kamikaze Titan, but he's so good at it. One well placed Nuclear vs. AI and you got another Ronin.

But sure, buffing him is the way to go, not needing Tone. Nothing of Tone needs a nerf.

RMI

Banned
is Stim in mid air kind of broken or weird? It seems like it actually slows you down. Or does it just do nothing besides regen health if you pop it while airborn?

EL CUCO

IMO Respawn needs to get rid of the player count from being visible on screen. It's just casting a shadow over how much fun the games actually are... especially with the notion of "how quick TF1 died out" still in people's minds.

This isn't going to have gawdy CoD or BF numbers, but as long as it's enough to keep the games rolling and the community growing, that's all that matters. I hope EA gives it a massive marketing push for the holidays.

Mechazawa

This game is filled with tons of maps that are just straight lines and that take forever to actually move your Titan to a flanking position. "Chase down a low health Titan" is not only diffcult when Titans are out in numbers and the low health ones are receding behind their teammates, it's a hilariously cruddy strategy when the Tones and Legions in this game have no issues obliterating other Titans from across the map regardless. "Hey Ronin, take 90 years to flank that low health or doomed Titan and maybe get an execution kill just before you get shredded to pieces while the big boy teammates snipe them to death and probably destroy them regardless"

Ronin's speed and pea shooter just doesn't play against these mid-range monsters that can lock down entire lanes.

Gator86

How is Ronin unplayable? His Arc Wave literally EATs shields. He's essential for like every team. He definitely works as a Kamikaze Titan, but he's so good at it. One well placed Nuclear vs. AI and you got another Ronin.

But sure, buffing him is the way to go, not needing Tone. Nothing of Tone needs a nerf.

I think you're replying to me, but it's impossible to tell because you don't quote people you're responding to which is special. In the example I gave, I was suggesting that Bungie would balance a utility ability for one titan by nerfing for every titan's utility ability. That is bad balancing and not what anyone is suggesting.

RedFury

is Stim in mid air kind of broken or weird? It seems like it actually slows you down. Or does it just do nothing besides regen health if you pop it while airborn?
It increases jump height. Use it on eject and you'll have a area view of the entire map...mild exaggeration.

KodaRuss

IMO Respawn needs to get rid of the player count from being visible on screen. It's just casting a shadow over how much fun the games actually are... especially with the notion of "how quick TF1 died out" still in people's minds.

This isn't going to have gawdy CoD or BF numbers, but as long as it's enough to keep the games rolling and the community growing, that's all that matters. I hope EA gives it a massive marketing push for the holidays.

Agreed. No need to keep displaying it so people keep asking.

Take away player count and take away some of the modes (or just combine some) would help a lot of public perception

Izuna

Banned
I think you're replying to me, but it's impossible to tell because you don't quote people you're responding to which is special. In the example I gave, I was suggesting that Bungie would balance a utility ability for one titan by nerfing for every titan's utility ability. That is bad balancing and not what anyone is suggesting.

I'm just illustrating why I don't believe in needs, not for these Titans. Buffs yes, needs no. Regardless if it's one weapon or ability.

Room on, for example, cannot even Goose.

I can't take a break from that game without coming back and having half my shit nerfed. Takes the wind right out of my sails.

You can't either nerf, or buff universally and keep the vision you intended for the game. If Bungie buffed weaker weapons instead of nerfing stronger, you get a constant inflation where gear gets better and better to compensate continual balance misshaps.

Bungie didn't universally nerf everything that was powerful, they applied a number of nerfs, and buffs. The reason you can't go to Destiny without having a lot of your gear nerfed is because you intentionally gravitated to the overpowered gear (as most do). So players are always going to feel as though game devs are nerfing more than they're buffing, because it's the upper echelon of items and equipment that end up getting nerfed.

People like Gator86 suggesting that Bungie only balance their game by nerfing equipment are being disingenuous.

I played a few rounds with Tone last night to speed up my leveling and she feels really strong, especially coming from Ion. I could average around 3 titan kills before I had to eject.

Can you change the AI's voice like in the original? (Japanese AI was the best)

I didn't see that option anywhere, I think Respawn wants them to have their own little personalities which is a nice touch.

Top Bottom