• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I've been doing the time trial while it downloads and my best is about 42 seconds so far.

Are there any tips for getting more speed besides bouncing off walls? The speed indicator seems to be at its highest when I'm doing that so I'm wondering if there are more tips for getting even higher speeds.

Bunny hopping and short wallruns are the way to maintain speed best. I don't really focus too much on bunny hopping because it isn't necessary to do well in MP.

Can we have an health buff or make the TTK longer somehow?? It make the game so much better with that one change.

I realize its been said the TTK is the same as Titanfall 1 it just feels much faster.

Scorch is pretty underrated in my opinion. He doesn't fare well in Last Titan standing but in more chaotic matches there's a lot you can achieve with a good flank. You can also push narrow corridors with your team very effectively if you manage space with your fire. Super fun, pairs well with team mates who can walk in the fire without taking damage. Ronin can teleport to the other side of a Titan and lock them into place in many of these narrow corridors, for instance.

0w2yOkF.gif

I actually go onto kill another three players in that room in the full 30 second clip. Scorch is my new favourite, Tone is the one I perform best with, but she's really boring to play in my opinion.

Izuna

Banned
Whatever feedback you have is still valid. =)

But PC most-definitely has an issue unique to it, as of Tuesday's update, that's being corrected asap.

I'll take a recording next time then. If you don't hear from me it's because I'm a scrub

Scorch is pretty underrated in my opinion. He doesn't fare well in Last Titan standing but in more chaotic matches there's a lot you can achieve with a good flank. You can also push narrow corridors with your team very effectively if you manage space with your fire. Super fun, pairs well with team mates who can walk in the fire without taking damage. Ronin can teleport to the other side of a Titan and lock them into place in many of these narrow corridors, for instance.

0w2yOkF.gif

I actually go onto kill another three players in that room in the full 30 second clip. Scorch is my new favourite, Tone is the one I perform best with, but she's really boring to play in my opinion.

Yeah for real, Scorch is amazing. His Core Ability has insane DPS that it can catch many people off guard also. It's very hard to see when he does it also, so killing people still in their Titan happens often.

--

Respawn, when can we expect a Legion buff? Bump his base speed, increase his ammo capacity to 500, and have the shield cover his whole body (bubble shield)

Thanks

Izuna

Banned
Respawn, when can we expect a Legion buff? Bump his base speed, increase his ammo capacity to 500, and have the shield cover his whole body (bubble shield)

Thanks

I don't think any of that would change him lmao

He gets infinite ammo, his shield covers what it needs, and this dude doesn't need to move ;)

I'll settle for just the bubble shield. Keeping the scratches on his chrome chassis to a minimum. I need to look fabulous on the battlefield.

deoee

I'm really interested in seeing the population now that CoD launches.

If it at least stays around the same, I have high hopes for this :)

RedFury

0w2yOkF.gif

Yup, that's my general experience with Scorch.

Zemm

Oh man Modern Warfare: Remastered is out now and being streamed live... looks amazing!

I'd really hate to see the small population here get even smaller and move to CoD. I mean it would have to be so weird to have developed MW and then have your new game out and have your old game dominate the playspace :/

I'll be playing both for sure.

I watched some streams and the UAV's were up literally 100% of the time, which was quite funny with all the map hack talk. I lived that game at the time but I can't go back to that.

KodaRuss

Hmm so that means I'm just missing on Xbox then? haha ;(

Every time I have missed a melee I knew it was my fault so scrub status is probably going to be confirmed! I love how devastating the melee kills look in this game.

0w2yOkF.gif

That is a great clip regarding Scorch. Seems like a very solid Titan to bring to everyone's favorite map!

R aka Bon

0w2yOkF.gif

That clip is Amazing! Also i often times feel like people in mp games(myself self included) make opinions on balace and the meta too fast, where the more time goes people learn to play around and counter those seemingly op things, as well as master aspects of the MP that may seem undertuned or not as impressive compared to the "easier\OP" equivalents.

Qwan3356

0w2yOkF.gif

Awesome Clip, I'll have to give Scorch a play to see how I like it.

To be fair, maps like Complex and Crash Site are perfect for Scorch.

Any halfway decent map where Titans aren't funneled into linear, tight lanes where flanking takes 30 days and 30 nights, that gif would be a lot more difficult to reproduce consistently. Once you can get some buildings and crisscrossing paths in between you and Scorch, it's a lot less intimidating (unlike Tone who needs 3 simple shots to fire missiles right over everything)

I watched some streams and the UAV's were up literally 100% of the time, which was quite funny with all the map hack talk. I lived that game at the time but I can't go back to that.

UAV has a refresh time between sweeps, and doesn't show people through walls. It also has a hard counter in UAV Jammer. Not even remotely comparable IMO.

Tieske

Neo Member
This been posted here yet?

Netcode analysis
Kinda dissappointed by the tickrate, but the lag compensations leniency is crazy. Hope to see some tweaks soon

I have a feeling 60/60 tickrate is not gonna happen though.

Izuna

Banned
Saw this from Reddit regarding a NorthStar Flight Core Buff. From a Respawn poster-

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5awxu8/buff_ideas_for_northstar/d9kbmbz/

That's a good change

15 Pilot kills in a minute for Frothy with Ronin here. Holy hell check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXujueOOSsI&feature=youtu.be

These are the kinds of videos I would like Frothy to make more of which is really odd because this video is Unlisted. You cannot find it on his page which is why there are so few views. Not sure why he is doing that

Why does this have a off-screen look to it?

These pilots are... not very good, haha.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Once you can get some buildings and crisscrossing paths in between you and Scorch, it's a lot less intimidating (unlike Tone who needs 3 simple shots to fire missiles right over everything)

Tone doesn't even need 3 shots to then fire barrage, can achieve the locks with her scanner. Launch it toward the enemy, keep your crosshair over their wireframe, voila. Aim straight up and fire barrage and cross your fingers. :p

Xater

About that Battlefield 1 skin.. where can I unlock or redeem it? I play both games every day.

On Xbone it was just automatically unlocked for me. Should be on the last page of skins for Ion.

I will say something about the skins in this game. It is great that there is a big selection and they are all free, but I kinda wish there were unique skins for everything. Just having all the same patterns for everything is a bit underwhelming.

E92 M3

0w2yOkF.gif

He was even better when the firewall could be used to get pilots off :(

I can't decide if I'd rather have SP or MP DLC after Angel City comes out. Maybe something in the middle, like Frontier Defense with some story bits in it?
Saw this from Reddit regarding a NorthStar Flight Core Buff. From a Respawn poster-

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5awxu8/buff_ideas_for_northstar/d9kbmbz/
That sounds like a nice change, but it'd also be good to get some QoL change allowing Northstar to more easily move in some areas while using it (*cough* Complex). I hope they're tweaking Sword + Salvo Core as well.
Whatever feedback you have is still valid. =)

But PC most-definitely has an issue unique to it, as of Tuesday's update, that's being corrected asap.
That's good to know, I thought my melee skills had deteriorated sharply for some reason.

This been posted here yet?

Netcode analysis
Kinda dissappointed by the tickrate, but the lag compensations leniency is crazy. Hope to see some tweaks soon

I have a feeling 60/60 tickrate is not gonna happen though.

Oof
Not having a max ping... man

I can see PC receiving updates on this but not on consoles. Which is would be a damn shame.

BF1 60hz servers on consoles are great but their availability are very limited and are often changed. I assume based on load.

Overwatch has stated they would "look into it" for consoles since the changes are already there on PC but there hasnt been an update since. Consoleros being treated differently blows.

Pay the same money but receive a lesser experience.

I can't decide if I'd rather have SP or MP DLC after Angel City comes out.

Whynotboth.jpg

How in the world do you hit 50mph before the slide in the gauntlet?

I can beat Fukuda's 33 but I can't get sub 30 for the life of me. It's the slide that always kills me.

Top Bottom