• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Haines

Banned
I'm all for balance changes. I really am.

As an old school mp gamer I miss metas sinking in to the game play before everyone screamed broken op and underpowered.

That said I do look to good well thought out balance patches.

Been too busy to play this game for a couple days and the itch is real.

Tieske

Neo Member
Overwatch has stated they would "look into it" for consoles since the changes are already there on PC but there hasnt been an update since. Consoleros being treated differently blows.

Pay the same money but receive a lesser experience.

The way I understood it, Overwatch servers had always send at 60 (and received 60). The client was just limited to receive at 24~ish due to stability issues (it caused crashes). That was eventually fixed. So at this point Overwatch is running at 60/60 for over a month, even on consoles (I think)

Now in Titanfalls case 20/60 might be more of a intentional choice, which is why I'm less hopeful

The lag comp is obviously something that should be fixed, though. Highly exploitable

I don't even consider myself very good, but sometimes this game can make you feel like it.

http://xboxclips.com/ZombieJonDixon/b4d75e2c-c561-41af-94e8-c1170cc96747

Thank for you using one of the two superior sites to xboxdvr

The way I understood it, Overwatch servers had always send at 60 (and received 60). The client was just limited at 24~ish due to stability issues. So at this point Overwatch is running at 60/60 for over a month, even on consoles (I think)

Now in Titanfalls case 20/60 might be more of a intentional choice, which is why I'm less hopeful

The lag comp is obviously something that should be fixed, though. Highly exploitable

Have a link for the overwatch stuff? Specifically on the possibility of consoles being 60/60. Would like to read more on it

KodaRuss

In a future update they need to make the banks in Bounty Hunt spawn in different places.

No way, it is all about strategy here. When the round is close to ending your teammates that are not close to NPCs need to secure the area around the bank.

If anything they need to name them or give them a differentiating number so you can easily tell your team which one is safe and which isnt.

zou

Just played some R1 and it's so much more relaxing and overall slower because you can actually react to encounters and traverse the map without being insta-killed by some douche walking on the ground. In comparison, R2 is a lot more hectic and feels almost suffocating.

Which is hilarious, because they thought R1 was too fast and hectic.

Zakalwe

Banned
There's less open world fetching and platforming in the rest of the campaign, right? (Only played two missions)

The levels get quite inventive, but you will be making the most of all your traversal skills.

Honestly, it's a really good campaign. Very unexpected.

soultron

Banned
Moved into my new apartment on 01 November, won't have Internet until Monday at the earliest. It's killing me because I want to play more MP.😥

Finished SP last night. I'll probably try Master difficulty and all collectibles in the meantime.👌

No way, it is all about strategy here. When the round is close to ending your teammates that are not close to NPCs need to secure the area around the bank.

If anything they need to name them or give them a differentiating number so you can easily tell your team which one is safe and which isnt.

Yeah, this is a bizarre issue they need to fix ASAP. The zones already have letters to designate them, I have no idea why they don't also give some marker for the banks. It makes strategizing with teammates too hard -- it's not like the banks are placed near obvious landmarks. (An issue with the game's maps in general, not a great focus on obvious unique landmarks like you see in Gears 4, BLOPS3, etc.)

robotrock

Banned
ygu2QEG.jpg

Gold.

Mods can we please change the garbage thread title to this but add a question mark (instead of an exclamation point) after the Tone, as in like

Tony! Toni! Toné?

soultron

Banned
Yeah, this is a bizarre issue they need to fix ASAP. The zones already have letters to designate them, I have no idea why they don't also give some marker for the banks. It makes strategizing with teammates too hard -- it's not like the banks are placed near obvious landmarks. (An issue with the game's maps in general, not a great focus on obvious unique landmarks like you see in Gears 4, BLOPS3, etc.)
Designated location callouts (similar to CSGO) appearing on the UI would be a nice stretch goal for post-launch support, in my opinion. If given the tools, I can't imagine it'd take their LDs a lot of time to markup the maps with triggers to support this.

I really hope Frontier Defense is out ASAP. I will start chucking copies of the game at my friends once it is.

Yeah, I love this game mode and the possibilities with Titanfall 2 seem even better than the first game. Really hope it gets released sooner than later.

RoeBear

Thanks, so you're supposed to use it point blank like a shotgun ? The slow but far travelling orb made me think it was some sort of grenade launcher.
I use it as both. Shotgun for pilots and I'll shoot it long range at titans.

The Dude

Just played some R1 and it's so much more relaxing and overall slower because you can actually react to encounters and traverse the map without being insta-killed by some douche walking on the ground. In comparison, R2 is a lot more hectic and feels almost suffocating.

Which is hilarious, because they thought R1 was too fast and hectic.

Did you load it up on Pc or Xbox? And yea this game is hectic, doesn't feel satisfying at all. Just go out and either crush or get crushed.

A friend of mine just sent me a message saying that Scorches upgraded flame shield (using the kit) lasts long enough to kill an enemy scorch or legion from 100% to 0.

I don't think people actually know that the flame shield is deals a heck of a lot of damage. If Ronin attacks you just hold it up and you will melt him in seconds.

EL CUCO

A friend of mine just sent me a message saying that Scorches upgraded flame shield (using the kit) lasts long enough to kill an enemy scorch or legion from 100% to 0.

I don't think people actually know that the flame shield is deals a heck of a lot of damage. If Ronin attacks you just hold it up and you will melt him in seconds.
Scorch is my main man. His flame shield is devastating

SwolBro

Banned
Tone doesn't even need 3 shots to then fire barrage, can achieve the locks with her scanner.

that's one thing i think they should take out. no lock on mark by using the scanner.

sigh, legion in CTF is dumb. there's nothing you can do besides run away.

Sounds like he needs a nerf

On Xbox I'm having a problem where it can't connect to a data center and just "searches" forever. Can't even play single player because it hangs every 30 seconds. Anyone else have this?

Worked fine the other night.

It's only for Ion and it's on the last page of skins.

On Xbone it was just automatically unlocked for me. Should be on the last page of skins for Ion.

I will say something about the skins in this game. It is great that there is a big selection and they are all free, but I kinda wish there were unique skins for everything. Just having all the same patterns for everything is a bit underwhelming.

Oops, yes, found it. It looks great. I agree about the variation on the skins, but the skins on the last pages on every Titan do look unique and cool. There's just not many of them, only two or three it seems. We will most likely get new ones soon.

SwolBro

Banned
is there going to be a fix for this horrible UI lag? going in to pick a different skin causes the U.i to lag really bad or hold up.

it's really annoying

Xater

Oops, yes, found it. It looks great. I agree about the variation on the skins, but the skins on the last pages on every Titan do look unique and cool. There's just not many of them, only two or three it seems. We will most likely get new ones soon.

Wasn't just talking about the Titans. Also meant weapons and pilots. I guess there will be more coming. At least I hope so.

For a game that emphasizes speed and movement so much; I find it strange that some players would rather just sit in a corner with Cloak or Pulse Blade . I mean it’s not a big deal, I steamroll them anyways. I just find it odd that they would play something like TF 2 to sit in a corner all game.

EL CUCO

I tend to use it defensively, but maybe I should try being more aggressive with it.

I've noticed sometimes pilots somehow get through it though. That's a little bit weird, and irritating, but maybe it's lag.
He's pretty slow but the boost dash helps. If they're close enough, they're getting the hands. I love when Ronins push me lol

chogidogs

We only get around 500 people in our pool for Bounty or Attrition here in South East Asia. Hope it doesn't die off. Now that I am decent, I am slowly discovering how you can use any weapon or Titan and not be horrible for your team overall. So much fun experimenting!

MGrant

This dude on my team sat with a sniper rifle on one roof for a whole game of Bounty Hunt. Got 20 kills, but only 300 score. We lost 5000-4500. Bruh.

haikira

Finally unlocked ...Becomes the Master! Probably ran the gauntlet at least a couple of hundred times, but I actually had fun with it.

Next up is Master Difficulty, and more multi.

Added myself to the spreadsheet and to TitanGaf , name in origin is crowedman, EU GMT/1. Word to the wise, i´m really bad at this, but somehow i´m having fun having my ass handed to me nonetheless

Top Bottom