• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Team Fortress 2 experience leads me to believe anyone with pink skins is a terrible human being

LOL why? I run pink for mostly everything.

--

Execution train:

vxKsVIe.gif

I was talking about ps4 tho

Also yeah what's up with factions, can you only be on a team with people in the same faction or does everyone see their own faction leader person during the dropship ride?
everyone else sees their own. It provides a unique experience for each user and the radio chatter is all specific to your faction (the drunk guy is hilarious). There are also patches, skins and banner unlocks associated with whatever faction you have active at the time
it's just another thing that keeps the game fresh since you arent forced into hearing the same repetitive radio chatter over and over.

Caved and bought the game, is there any good multiplayer tips video out there?
Im totally overwhelmed with everything.
Play the Singleplayer first, not just because it's good, but also because it will introduce you to and make you master the movement mechanics and Titan mechanics.

cordy

Banned
I don't think this thread should be used to talk shit about COD.

But yeah, you should get FFXV, I'm amped for it after the past week.

Nah, I'm not talking shit about it. It did it's thing and it was fun. I just like TF2 more based on how I play. I like these controls more but if people like CoD's controls more I can understand. Same with campaigns and multiplayer. Different strokes for different folks.

And yep I put money down on XV. I'm just still surprised it's coming out after all this time. Feels like a dream.

Huh that's odd. I remember redoing my share button, what it has been for the past few years if if I tap it, it takes a screenshot and if I double tap it (or maybe hold it) it records a video UP TO 15 minutes starting at the time I hit record.

Check your settings, mine does the last 15 min. If you have just hit share because of something that just occurred, your desired footage will be at the end of the clip you just saved

SwolBro

Banned
Some changes Respawn should listen to but of course they'll opt for their own internal views sigh..

Pilots:

• Health should be increased a slight bit to prevent you dying from a shot in the foot
  • Health regen should be a little faster. Even faster with the health regen kit. As of now it's too slow.
  • Christmas tree glow should be reduced some more.
  • Tacticals such as stim and grapple that promote movement should replenish a little faster. Even faster with power cell equipped. As of now health regen kit is more valuable than any other kit
  • Tacticals such as cloak and pulse blade should replenish a tad bit slower. Cloak is a bit OP as it is right now, and pulse blade is fucking annoying. The game should promote movement as much as possible.

Titans:

• Tone sonar pulse should not paint enemy targets. Whatever they "tweaked" didn't make much of a difference but i think this tiny change would.
  • Legion should have to reload after smart core deactivates. Having almost infinite ammo during and immediately after smart core is ridiculous.
  • Ion tripe wire should do more damage and be less visible. as of now it's completely worthless
  • Scorch should be able to move a little bit faster. It's a powerful titan but it's only viable in such small situations.
  • Ronin lead wall magazines should be increased. Dash should replenish a little bit faster.
  • Northstar core is being fixed, a small damage should be applied to being trapped by it's tether (maybe)

Boosts
  • Map hack should unlock at maybe 90 or 95%. Make this something only the most ridiculous of bad players would want to use.
  • Pilot turrets should require less damage to take down.

Game modes

• Timers should be increased in bounty hunt and attrition. running out of time before a game is completed is kind of stupid.
  • CTF on some maps end after 2 flag caps. This is a bit absurd considering matchmaking still can't manage to put balancing teams together and rounds sometimes end in 2mins. I think overall flag cap should be increased, it seems it's much easier to cap flags in public CTF than it was in titanfall 1.

Maps

• Better maps for the next DLC please. They need to put their best minds and resources into the next few maps. We need Titanfall 1 level maps, pronto.

U.I

• all modes should be on one page. Get CTF off the second page. NOW

These are changes that will bring the game to another level of enjoyment. Will Respawn listen to all of them? no, but they should at least consider them.

Huh that's odd. I remember redoing my share button, what it has been for the past few years if if I tap it, it takes a screenshot and if I double tap it (or maybe hold it) it records a video UP TO 15 minutes starting at the time I hit record.

All this can be adjusted and customized in the settings -> broadcast and share tab.

Reebot

This isn't true at all. The horizontal spread on most fully automatics means that the notion that you 'won't be missing', just isn't true. Most weapons force you to miss as horizontal recoil isn't predictive or managable via player adjustment.

I'm not sure what to tell you; I think this might be in part a platform thing. I played on PS 4, and based on your gif I'd guess you're on PC. Maybe its the auto-assist, maybe its just a difference in player movement patterns, but I really don't find it difficult to aim in the slightest. That's not bragging, that's just an observation of Titanfall 2's systems, especially the hipfire. In many cases, its better than ADS even at long range.

The big problem with low TTK is the evisceration of the movement mechanics. There's no point to having this wide range of moves when, in 90%+ of encounters, players die in a fraction of a second. Titanfall 1 had a higher TTK, and you had more interesting firefights as a result.

Increasing health is also preferable to increasing recoil, as the latter would just incentivize slowing down to aim - the exact opposite intended effect.

Some changes Respawn should listen to but of course they'll opt for their own internal views sigh..

Pilots:

• Health should be increased a slight bit to prevent you dying from a shot in the foot
  • Health regen should be a little faster. Even faster with the health regen kit. As of now it's too slow.
  • Tacticals such as stim and grapple that promote movement should replenish a little faster. Even faster with power cell equipped. As of now health regen kit is more valuable than any other kit
  • Tacticals such as cloak and pulse blade should replenish a tad bit slower. Cloak is a bit OP as it is right now, and pulse blade is fucking annoying. The game should promote movement as much as possible.

Titans:

• Tone sonar pulse should not paint enemy targets. Whatever they "tweaked" didn't make much of a difference but i think this tiny change would.
  • Legion should have to reload after smart core deactivates. Having almost infinite ammo during and immediately after smart core is ridiculous.
  • Ion tripe wire should do more damage and be less visible. as of now it's completely worthless
  • Scorch should be able to move a little bit faster. It's a powerful titan but it's only viable in such small situations.
  • Ronin lead wall magazines should be increased. Dash should replenish a little bit faster.
  • Northstar core is being fixed, a small damage should be applied to being trapped by it's tether (maybe)

Boosts
  • Map hack should unlock at maybe 90 or 95%. Make this something only the most ridiculous of bad players would want to use.

Game modes

• Timers should be increased in bounty hunt and attrition. running out of time before a game is completed is kind of stupid.
  • CTF on some maps end after 2 flag caps. This is a bit absurd considering matchmaking still can't manage to put balancing teams together and rounds sometimes end in 2mins. I think overall flag cap should be increased, it seems it's much easier to cap flags in public CTF than it was in titanfall 1.

Maps

Better maps for the next DLC please. They need to put their best minds and resources into the next few maps. We need Titanfall 1 level maps, pronto.

U.I

These are changes that will bring the game to another level of enjoyment. Will Respawn listen to all of them? no, but they should at least consider them.
Can't really agree with the Pilot "fixes" it would only harm the game. However, as a cloak user, it does feel OP at times. Replenish rate is fine but I would say it stays active for a ridiculously long time. I wouldn't mid if they nerfed it a bit

SwolBro

Banned
Can't really agree with the Pilot "fixes" it would only harm the game. However, as a cloak user, it does feel OP at times. Replenish rate is fine but I would say it stays active for a ridiculously long time. I wouldn't mid if they nerfed it a bit

that could work. it does stay active for a bit long. so either or really. im not a fan of anythign being OP or really strong that doesn't promote movement for you or the opponent.

Finished campaign. It was good but talk of best ever are ridiculous. It was kind of automated except for some standout sections.

Multiplayer has disappointed me compared to the first game. It seems BF1 has best Mp. Titanfall with slightly better campaign and I'm gonna try COD. We'll see how that turns out.

I'm not sure what to tell you; I think this might be in part a platform thing. I played on PS 4, and based on your gif I'd guess you're on PC. Maybe its the auto-assist, maybe its just a difference in player movement patterns, but I really don't find it difficult to aim in the slightest. That's not bragging, that's just an observation of Titanfall 2's systems, especially the hipfire. In many cases, its better than ADS even at long range.

The big problem with low TTK is the evisceration of the movement mechanics. There's no point to having this wide range of moves when, in 90%+ of encounters, players die in a fraction of a second. Titanfall 1 had a higher TTK, and you had more interesting firefights as a result.

Increasing health is also preferable to increasing recoil, as the latter would just incentivize slowing down to aim - the exact opposite intended effect.

He's on ps4.

For me, the low ttk only makes the importance of having good movement and aiming skills all that more necessary. As people's skill sets increase it becomes much harder to kill and be killed and I feel it might ruin great gun balance as well

Chris1

Wait what perks are people using? I've been using power cell.. Is the health replenish one really that much better?
Anyways Swol I agree with:
Christmas tree glow should be reduced some more.

Tacticals such as stim and grapple that promote movement should replenish a little faster. Even faster with power cell equipped. As of now health regen kit is more valuable than any other kit

Tacticals such as cloak and pulse blade should replenish a tad bit slower. Cloak is a bit OP as it is right now, and pulse blade is fucking annoying. The game should promote movement as much as possible.

Better maps for the next DLC please. They need to put their best minds and resources into the next few maps. We need Titanfall 1 level maps, pronto.

Pilot turrets should require less damage to take down.

all modes should be on one page. Get CTF off the second page. NOW

The rest I'm indifferent to or have no opinion. The only ones I kinda disagree with are the pilot changes, I'm worried it ends up harming the game more than fixing it but I kinda agree you do die a little too fast.

I think the maps are a given though, I'm confident every future DLC map will be similar to Titanfall 1's and not the 3 lane crap. I just hope with the gameplay changes maps like Angel City hold up

GravyButt

I don't fully understand this battery stuff (including backup battery)

But say you get the backup battery thing, does it automatically go into your titan when you earn one or something manual you have to do?

Also im assuming if you steal a battery from an enemy titan and you die you drop it?

Pilots:

Titans:

Boosts

Game modes

Maps

• Better maps for the next DLC please. They need to put their best minds and resources into the next few maps. We need Titanfall 1 level maps, pronto.

U.I

Quoting for visibility.

Some good suggestions here.

I had a glitch yesterday where I think a drop pod clipped against me and a wall simultaneously, shooting me up extremely high, way above the map. Took me at least 10-15 seconds to fall all the way back down. The weirder part was that there was no "return to the battle" notification during it (if there had been, I most certainly would have died with how long I was up there).
Nope. It's like 4 hits
It only takes two if you crit with both.
What you got against missing textures.
No lies detected. Garish skins ftw.
I love my bright colors ;)
Zebra Pink or bust
YooMg_f-maxage-0.gif

RMI

Banned
Wait what perks are people using? I've been using power cell.. Is the health replenish one really that much better?
Anyways Swol I agree with:

Ordinance or power cell. Most of the time I die on full health so the quicker regen doesn't seem worth it.

that could work. it does stay active for a bit long. so either or really. im not a fan of anythign being OP or really strong that doesn't promote movement for you or the opponent.

Yeah, "balance" make or break these games. It is still waay to early to scream nerf this or buff that since people's skills are still developing and adjusting to this type of shooter. The titans are extremely nuanced and require understandings of their strengths and weaknesses on both teams. Build variety and weapon viability is exceptional and balance has been pretty great, so far, out of the gate. Map hack and sonar can definitely be annoying and most can agree that they need/needed adjustments. As a cloak user, i agree it could use an adjustment, as well.
I really like about half of the maps and we can all agree TF1 quality maps and frontier defense needs to be included. Even dumping a bunch of TF1 maps straight in the game would be awesome.

Reebot

He's on ps4.

For me, the low ttk only makes the importance of having good movement and aiming skills all that more necessary. As people's skill sets increase it becomes much harder to kill and be killed and I feel it might ruin great gun balance as well

How? Lower TTK means less time aiming, and less possible time to react.

Izuna

Banned
  • Tacticals such as stim and grapple that promote movement should replenish a little faster.

Boosts

Game modes

Maps

U.I

Only ones I agree with.

To add a few of my own.

Ronin: let him use his shotty in sword core pls

UI: fix whatever is causing me to not see enemy health when I am meleeing a Titan
- and PLEASE let me see my Titan health in clear view as I am getting into it
- let me adjust visibility of the blips on the radar, I can't see the dots

Attrition: there's needs to be more AI spawns spread out throughout the map

Skirmish: make this mode selectable

Mixtape: get PvP the hell out of there

Complex: Either fix the Titan spawns, retune the minion spawns, or delete this map

Consoles: FoV slider would be beautiful

-----------------

I use pink for my Pilot, and bright yellow for Titan. I love bright colours

soultron

Banned
Only one more day until I have Internet at my new spot. It's been hard reading this thread without being able to play MP. The withdrawal is so real.

I'm so glad that this doesn't have viewable stats. It helps me just play and have fun. With cod, it just kd, kd, kd. With this it's just one match at time enjoying myself win or lose.

Megasoum

Banned
Man I fucking suck at that game in multiplayer...

Also I just got matched to CohhCarnage and his premade group... That was painful lol. You can actually see me get completly destroyed on his stream...yay

I haven't played infinite yet, but judging from impressions. If titanfall could have had switched stories and writing and presentation with COD mixed with those mechanics and combat/platforming scenarios it would have been the fps campaign of the generation for sure.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm so glad that this doesn't have viewable stats. It helps me just play and have fun. With cod, it just kd, kd, kd. With this it's just one match at time enjoying myself win or lose.

They're adding stats in the next update.

How? Lower TTK means less time aiming, and less possible time to react.

I mean it's important to have good/great movement skills in conjunction with aiming in order to have an advantage in any gun battle. Stay moving, stay fast, stay unpredictable and you will live much longer. You have to be able to aim well, while in pinball mode, in order to do all this in order to make yourself a defensive and offensive machine. Aiming and confirming a kill while doing all these acrobats is a lot harder than rooftop sniping. So many people are playing this game like old shooters and staying on the ground and it makes TTK seem really low because it is for that style of play.

TTK is already significantly increased at range and in close quarters whomever gets first shot/has the right gun should come out on top. Players with great movement skills are already quite difficult to take out and increasing TTK would only make them go 50-0 every match. Not to mention what it might do to weapon versatility. These are just my thoughts and trust me, I 100% thought TTK was crazily low at first. I Reached G2 a few days ago and having put a lot of time into the MP, I feel differently about many things like TTK and Titan balance. The game is fast. you will die and kill a lot and I love how crazy and quick it is since it really differentiates itself from other shooters. This game is less about git gud and more about getting fast and reacting quickly while doing anything, as a pilot. If you're quick enough you can turn many disadvantageous situations into advantageous ones

think is is much too early to say what needs nerfing or buffing until the meta kicks in and players' skill sets increase and adjust to this game
Efficient tactical use is also key to suitability. Knowing how and when to pop your cloak, stim, phase shift, A shield or grapple will allow you to come out victorious in a lot of different scenarios even 2 vs 1 with low TTK.
I can respect that you really want this game to be like TF1 and it would be awesome if it was for a lot of you guys, however, I can also respect this game for what it is. It's different and the more I play it the more I like it better than TF1

Pilots:

Pulse blade does promote movement though. Fast movement is literally its counter.

I think Map Hack was, maybe is, unbalanced, but I never had a problem with pulse blade.

Mupod

I think I finally found a gun I like...Devotion has been working for me pretty well. The spin-up time is pretty short, sure I won't beat an SMG in close quarters but it's not like anything else will either. And it's really good for taking out AI grunts - not as good as EPG-1, but better than the other hitscan guns by a long shot.

Funny thing is I think I like the default sights on it better than anything else, since it gives you a wider FOV which is important when you want to swing the fully spun-up gun onto someone else.

Experimenting with abilities hasn't changed my mind...phase shift seems interesting but stim does effectively the same thing but better, and is the only way to escape with Titan batteries and survive. Phase shift doesn't get you far enough away.

I've also gone back to Northstar. Regardless of how underpowered it is compared to Tone I seem to do fine since I'm good with its main gun. I've got a newfound appreciation for its rocket launcher as well, can kill many pilots hiding in buildings and it's amazing for taking out a drop pod full of AI.

Top Bottom